z

Young Writers Society

An Empire Divided *Started - still accepting!*

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 pm
kidashka says...

INTRODUCTION
Ban'mora is an empire ridden with divisions. The land is ruled by the oppressive Emperor, the people left fearful and powerless - too weak to put up any fight. PeaceKeepers roam the streets constantly for any sign of rebellion, and anyone who shows hints of animosity towards the Empire are immediately, silently, taken away and imprisoned. All normal people live in fear.

That is, of course, until The Resistance. Born of ex-prisoners, returned exiles, and the select few brave enough to risk imprisonment for a taste of freedom, it has hidden underground, slowly accruing members and planning for the opportune moment. Soon, it will make it's move and declare war on the Empire.

And somewhere, hidden in the slums of Neldor, the Empire's capital, is a princess. Unaware of her royal heritage, she joins the Resistance in the hope of freedom....

Available spots:
Spoiler! :
- Emperor (m)
- Empress (f) - coco
- Princes x2 (m)
- Princess (f) - Dr. Jamie Bondage
- Palace servants x 2 (m/f)

- PeaceKeeper General (m) - Griffinkeeper
- Rebel PeaceKeepers x 2 - phantom of the potter (m) & kidashka (f)
- PeaceKeepers x lots

- Rebel Leader (m) - kidashka
- Rebel Second in Command (m) - phantom of the potter
- Traitor Rebel (m) - retrodisco666
- Rebels x lots - Fox (f) & Isha (f) & DragonWriterFanatic (m)

RULES
- No godmodding
- Please, please, please no perfect characters. Flawed characters are much more fun.
- Romance, yes. Sex scenes, no thank you.
- Keep swearing to a reasonable level...
- Don't kill other people's characters without their permission.
- Minimum post length 500 characters
- Try to post at least once a week
- Have fun!!

Character Profile (Please be very detailed :3 )
Spoiler! :
Name:
Role/Affiliation: (ie: Empire PeaceKeeper)
Appearance/Picture: (please no scene kids)
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History:
Up For Love?:
Other:
Last edited by kidashka on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

Mind if I take the resistance princess person?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:15 am
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take the rebel second in command.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:13 pm
Fox says...

I'll probably join this, but I don't have time to post a profile right now.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:18 pm
kidashka says...

Don't worry, we won't start for a few days :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:55 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Name: Elena

Role/affiliation: Princess

Appearance/picture: She has long red hair. Her lips are perfect and a glorious bright red. She has a beauty mark under her left eye. She is 5'3 and weighs 140. She has hazel eyes. She normally wears white.

Personality: (Tell me if you want me to change this) She is very stubborn and has a commanding presence. She has no idea why she is so head strong, but it is built into her personality. She has a hard time trusting people. She has some bitterness and resentment from her parents death. She has a hard time accepting orders.

Likes: She loves to read and explore. She is also a huge romantic. She wants to find the right person for her, the one that makes her feel like the most fantastic girl on the planet.

Dislikes: She hates guys that are stuck up and pompous. She does not like the royal family very much, due to the fact that she likes people who don't mind getting down and dirty. She is so head strong, so she doesn't like people who clash with her personality or order her around.

Strengths: She is very good at commanding troops and keeping her cool in stressful situations. She can also handle a sword well.

Weaknesses: She has a hot temper, and therefore tends to not listen to others when they have her best interest at heart. Also, this means that if someone opposes her, she attacks first and asks questions later. She often acts before she thinks, which gets her in a lot of trouble.

History: She is the oldest of the royal children , though she doesn't know this. For her entire life she's been under the impression that her parents were imprisoned and killed by the Empire, and resentment has been building up for years. She is currently considering joining the Resistance to seek retribution for her parent's deaths. (Even though they are both still alive...)

Up for love?: For the right person, yes.

Other: She has a pet cat that follows her around like a dog.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Last edited by Dr. Jamie Bondage on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Last edited by Dr. Jamie Bondage on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

79 Reviews

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 pm
eldEr says...

Can you save me a spot as a female rebel? No special position, just a rebel.
Thanks!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

33 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 pm
kidashka says...

In that case you get free reign with your character :) Please PM it to me so I can approve it before you post it anyhow.

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Fox says...

Name: Minjonet

Role/Affiliation: Rebel

Appearance/Picture: Petite, thin, basically all around small, except for her chest.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She comes off as sweet and kind, but she is also really tough and fierce. She doesn't except any tom-foolery or slacking off. She never gives up, and won't turn down a challenge. She is brave and will do almost anything to get what she wants.

Likes: being in charge, fighting, intimidating people, and weapons

Dislikes: people that mess around or slack off, people who challenge or doubt her, when things don't go the way she wants, and waiting

Strengths: She is very agile and flexible. She is also strong and fast. She is a good fighter and a good leader.

Weaknesses: She isn't patient, and is very ill-tempered. (That may not seem like a lot, but that can get in the way and make a big difference sometimes)

History: one sec...

Up For Love?: No

Other: she's sort of like a ninja, and she's french.
Last edited by Fox on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:39 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Name:Cerin Heint
Role/Affiliation: (ie: Empire PeaceKeeper) Traitor rebel
Appearance/Picture: (please no scene kids) Asian, short black hair, tall, well built. Has a scar going over the right side of his mouth from when he was helping the peacekeepers

Personality:Very power hungry, can be quite cynical about things. Is generally pessimistic as when good things happen it feels like so much more of a victory. He is very cunning and wall known as two sides when he was with the peace keepers as he could act as both sides of the coin and you would never tell if he was bluffing. He can also be aggressive and lose his temper easily and once he loses it, it takes a while to control it again.
Likes:Art as it relaxes him. He also enjoys rock music as it helps him think in times of chaos
Dislikes: Cheese and wine. They often cause him nightmares. When he has to much wine he stories often become slurry and vague making him less believable arousing suspicion. Cheese also makes him talkative as it is very social and sometimes lets things slip in the midst of conversation.
Strengths:He is a very talented fighter and is very skilled with a sword. He knows his weapon likes clockwork so works well with it, but give him a new weapon he will be very clumsy with it to start with but will gradually get better.
Weaknesses: He is allergic to honey so will weaken him if he has any, he also falls in love easy so if his target is female it makes it somewhat harder to kill
History: Joined the ranks when he was fifteen as that was when his father died. He could not support his family by himself so his mother and two sisters went to work as slaves in a serving house and the peacemakers seemed like the perfect opportunity to help them once everything was resolved. So he signed up that day hoping to prove his battle skills, which he did. He was taunted and mocked by another male and ended up killing him in a fit of rage, the peacemakers accepted him after that helping him contain his anger until needed.
Up For Love?:Yes, possibly.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:41 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Name: Esryn

Role/Affiliation: Rebel Second-In-Command

Appearance/Picture: http://somniturne.deviantart.com/art/Th ... ief&qo=135

Personality: Esryn is an idealist. He's determined to see the fall of the Empire more than anything, and he'll stop at nothing to see it done. He's got an infectious personality about him, and is well-loved within the Resistance circles. Esryn protects his own with a fierce loyalty, and woe betide whomever tries to harm one of his people. He is quite intelligent. Esryn has boundless amounts of pity for the "underdogs" of society (the orphans, beggars, and outcasts) but tends to dehumanize those people in seats of power.

But for all of Esryn's conviction, much of does not spawn from a love for the people of the empire. Esryn is a bitter, bitter man. The death of his wife and year old daughter destroyed Esryn. The Resistance is just as much driven by a desire for revenge as it is for the wellbeing of the people. This is a side of Esryn that he does not show to the other rebels. Esryn is still grieving. This side of him is cold and ruthless.

Likes: Esryn is a lover of a good laugh. He likes the soft, flickering glow of candlelight at night. He revels in feeling important and wanted. He likes helping the needy, and the glowing warmth he feels after it.

Dislikes: Esryn dislikes people who do not have the drive that he has. He cannot stand the sound of someone weeping; the sound cuts deeper into Esryn than any knife could.

Strengths: Esyrn is a manipulator. He can bend and warp reality with the power and conviction behind his words. This is why he's the main driving force behind recruiting people to their cause.

Weaknesses: Esryn cannot handle mentions of his wife or daughter. It sends him reeling off of the edge. He also has a debilitating fear of being captured and imprisoned again (Esryn has no fear of death, but the thought of having to sit in a cell for the rest of his life terrifies him).

History: Esryn was a very simple chandler (he made candles). He ran a small shop, and lived a very quiet life. His wife, Attiana, was a merchant's daughter. Atianna's father often bought Esryn's candles. Atianna and Esryn met, and they were married soon afterwards. About a year after their marraige, Attiana gave birth to Esryn's beautiful daughter, Kaia. Esryn's life was complete. He was wrapped into his own world, and could care less for the suffering outside.

But then, one cold, winter night, Esryn's shop was attacked by a band of drunk PeaceKeepers. Esryn rushed down to the shop to find out what was happening. He yelled at the PeaceKeepers to stop, but they paid him no heed. Jeering, they threw Esryn around the shop. One of them pulled out a knife and slashed Esryn across the face. Esryn's scream brought Atianna rushing down. Esryn tried to yell at Atianna to take Kaia and run, but Atianna stood her ground. One of the PeaceKeepers held Esryn back as the other three attacked Atianna, killing her. They were about to leave the shop when one of them heard Kaia crying upstairs. She was killed, too. The PeaceKeepers smashed was was left in tact in the shop and then left. Esryn was left, a quivering, bloody mess, in the center of his shop.

Esryn was crushed and detroyed. Blind with hate, Esryn started to cry for a revolution. He blunders through gathering a force. At this point, Esryn had never really picked up a weapon. fighting was not in his blood. His small rebellious group was discovered three years after Atianna's death. After spending some time in the prison system, Esryn was exiled from Ban'mora. He spent some time in a neighboring land, learning the art of fighting and battle planning. Esryn returned to Ban'mora, determined to rebel.

Up For Love?: Yes

Other: He knows that the leader of the Resistance has a shady path, and is very curious. He's also great friends with Cerin.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

Name:
Kayanelle

Role: Empress

Appearance:

Personality: Years of living with an oppressive and cold-hearted husband, has reduced the once full-of-life young girl into a withdrawn. defeated and resentful woman

Likes: to spend her days in the palace gardens. The acres of green land and rows of flowerbeds have become her only haven in her otherwise unhappy and meaningless existence.

Dislikes: War. For years she has watched it destroy the people she loves. Most of all she hates her husband for instigating the war in the first place.

Strengths: she can read faces very well and has an incredibly sharp intuition

Weaknesses: she is just as powerless to stop her husbands oppression of her nation, as she was powerless to stop her lover, Sirian, from being executed

History: As a young girl Kayanelle had everything to live for. She was from a wealthy and well-respected family, and had knowledge far beyond her years. She was also head over heels in love with her childhood companion, Sirian. Yet before the pair could elope, her parents had given her hand to the Emperor. Left with the choice of following her heart and following her duty, Kayanelle reluctantly married the Emperor. It was a decision that she lived to later regret. She had hoped time would heel her wounds, but it only made her feelings for Sirian grow stronger. Secretly, the pair would meet with one another, until they were discovered. The Emperor had Sirian captured, tortured and publicly executed. Kayanelle had been powerless to stop him.
Soon after Sirian's death, Kayanelle secretly gave birth to his child, a baby girl by the name of Elena. Fearing the wrath of the Emperor if the girl was to be discovered, Kayanelle had entrusted her to the only person she had left in this world that she could trust, her nurse. Since then, Kayanelle has been living her life only with the hope that one day she may be reunited with her beloved daughter again.

Up for love: Yes

Other: she is secretly notified about the state of her daughter
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster