Young Writers Society

The Toy Box (The Thread Is Closed)

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 pm
Sassafras says...

((Gone))
Last edited by Sassafras on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'll take a female spot.. if that's Ok. Profile in a bit..
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:49 am
LovelessSummer says...

I save for a guy.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 am
Sassafras says...

We will hopefully start tomorrow.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:44 am
ultraviolet says...

I call a spot for a girl.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 pm
Sassafras says...

We will start today, I will post the starting post in a few hours because I have to go shopping.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:43 pm
Sassafras says...

Okay, now we start.

Kirill:
"Don't forget your hat, Ivan!" I yelled just as we were getting ready to leave for the plane. There was a brief mumbling in the slot next to me before Ivan emerged, hat and all.
"Ready," he murmured. I nodded and walked out of my box and started our rounds, Ivan trailing a tiny bit in front of me. We stopped at the box closet to our.
"Kai," he started, "are you ready?" I walked forward and saw her packing away her weapons.
"Ready," she confirmed. I smiled and nodded.
"Go out and get on the plane." She nodded before running off. Next on our list was France, the newest doll.
"You ready, soldier," I said sternly. He nodded but still looked a bit frazzled.
"Don't worry," Ivan said, putting a hand on his shoulder, "the Toy Box isn't as bad as you think." France nodded but didn't say anything. I sighed and dismissed him before going off to alert Luna and Viper that it was time to go.

Ivan

The plane was, as usual, small and way too hot. Groaning, I took off my hat and sat it in my lap.
"We should arriving soon," I said lowly, running a hand across my burning forehead. I looked out the window and saw the outline of the Toy Box. Time to give directions. "Some of you may already know the rules of the Toy Box but, for those who don't know," I glanced briefly at France and Luna, "I will go over them again. The objective of the game is to kill off the other team by removing their chips. Try not to shatter or get your chip removed. I want all of you on this plane back home in one piece. Understood?" Every nodded. "Great." After glancing out the window again, I could see the island below, growing bigger as we grew closer.
"Okay guys," Kirill said in her usual way too happy voice, "we're here!"

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kai

I barely nodded, eyes half lidded. I could've gone back to Seattle this time, could've escaped again. Why didn't I? Why couldn't I, more like it. I scowled briefly before my face flashed back to the usual emotionless expression. I zipped up the sides of my sleeves and the diagonal zipper on my jacket, then fastened the buckles criss-crossing across my black jeans. The buckles on my leather boots- clasped. Hood up. Knuckle gloves on. Ready.

Ivan glanced in my direction, and I tilted my head. He looked away. Unblinking, I got behind him as the plane lowered. I wrapped a hand around the hilt of my scimitar and twirled my dagger with the other hand before sheathing it as well. I followed them out onto the island. Hands still on my blades, I looked at Kirill and Ivan. I went where they wanted, as long as I agreed with it. If I didn't... well, they didn't have to know that I didn't obey.

The new dolls looked scared as Tom did when I was brought back in from my grand escape. They knew this wasn't a game- to us, at least. This was war. The corner of my mouth curved up, and I tilted my head to my left shoulder. No need for words.

I rolled my thumb over the pommel of my scimitar, relishing the texture. I wanted to sprint in, now, but I'd wait. I'd be a good doll.

For now.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Profile is up...now...can anyone bring me in?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:42 pm
LovelessSummer says...

France

I filed off the plane with the rest, my nerves already building to dangerous heights. The grip on my scythe was so tight my arm quivered violently.
"Calm down, newbie," Selene murmured before walking a off to join the others. Taking head to her words, I nodded even though she most likely didn't see the gesture. Sighing, I walked over to the growing group. When I got there, I noticed that they were already discussing battle plans. When to make the first attack, how many sneak attacks to preform, how to deal with the wildlife. It was just all a bit too much.
"Where do we camp out?" I asked nervously, but it was as if I'd not spoke at all. It took a few moments and a repeat of my question before someone even noticed my presence.
"Oh," Kirill exclaimed, "camp is just a few minutes away!" I nodded and ran still shaking hands over the blade of my weapon.
"O..okay," I mumbled. Man, this was so not like me. I just needed to calm down.
"Don't worry," Luna said, "I was just as nervous as you when I first went to the Toy Box. It gets better." I shrugged and ruffled my hair.
"Sure, if you say so."
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 pm
AngerManagement says...

Viper

I stared in awe at the Toy Box, although I had been here before -once or twice- it always seemed to make me take a second and review my place in the universe. The golden arches that circled the arena, and the coal black gates that signified the end.

I sucked in my breath and walked into the arena, I could see various dolls walking around. My soon to the foes, people that I would soon have to fight against for my survival. It hurt me that the humans made us do this, they made us feel pain, love and hurt only to have us destroy each other.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 pm
ultraviolet says...

>Thanks for putting me in, guys. :) <

Luna

I decided to stay around France, the newest of the dolls, maybe comfort and reassure him, have his back in battles, help him find his way around the island, that sort of stuff. He was new, so he was a safe friend; he had too little experience and too much to lose to turn on me. And in this game, I was sure I would need an ally.

The thing was, Kirill and Ivan were controlling this show, no doubt about it. There was something fierce and experienced in there eyes, something that told me that they were out there for themselves and each other, and that if they had to they would turn on the rest of us.

See, while we were in teams now, I honestly wouldn't put it past the humans to change that. They were cruel that way.

>Sorry it's cut short. I have to go now<
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Selene~

While many of them stayed together, I was by myself, gripping my staff sword tightly in one hand. I ran one of my hands through my long white hair, sighing. Sooner or later, I'd be forced to communicate, and when that day came, I wouldn't be ready. I was easily the quietest dolls here, also maybe one of the awkwardest dressed at well, wearing ballet heels and a tutu and corset, all black of course.

I sat down where I was, crossing my legs and closing my eyes. I was tired for some reason, but I couldn't sleep. The wanting to run was a lot stronger though, and I was hyper, unusual for me. I was normally calm, and I wanted that usual calm me to come back.

"Selene?" I heard someone say, and then a hand touched me. My eyes fluttered open. Had I fallen asleep? I looked at who woke me, eyes wary.

*Anyone*
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:56 pm
Sassafras says...

Ivan

I walked over and tapped Selene on the shoulder. She'd fallen asleep and the game had already started. The other team started off into the forests of the island, already searching for their campsite. By rules, we had to wait a few hours before we could set off, and it was time for us to go.
"Selene?" I whispered to her. She stirred and looked up at me.

"Don't tell me I..."

"Yes," I cut in, "you did fall asleep." She groaned and stood up.

"I'm sorry," she said, seeming a bit aggravated. I shrugged and took out my sword, laying it on my shoulder.

"It's fine," I said dully, "but we have to set out." She nodded and ran forward to where Kirill and Kai were walking. I started after her and eventually made it to our small group.

"Okay, guys," Kirill said, her voice in planning mode, "I know it's our first night here, but we need to start taking out the other team." Kai nodded sternly and I could briefly hear France's breathing quicken. "We need to find their base and take out one of their team members. I don't want to have to deal with more than one person, so Ivan and I will be sending in a team of two to preform a quick sneak attack." Kirill nodded towards me and backed up a bit, giving me the spotlight.

"Once we locate their base, I will be sending in Luna and France." I glanced over briefly at France, who's face seemed to get a little paler. "After they carry out with the mission and return with the selected enemies Humanity Chip, we can either find a camp or search for food. Any questions?"

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:36 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kai

I shook my head, still wordless. I think a few dolls were starting to think I was mute. No need to disprove them, really. The corner of my mouth flickered upward, and I saw Selene and Luna shiver. They knew that look. My battle switch had been flicked. It wasn't that I liked killing.... I was just good at it. And impartial and cold. A ready-made assassin. I had been custom built for Tom- made too smart, he said, but I know he was glad I was smart enough not to fall prey to emotion easily.

I leaned back and kept on rubbing the hilt of my sword, wanting to slice something already. I drew my name in all capitals in the ground with my dagger, wiping it off on my jacket sleeve, and then brushing my sleeve off. I tightened the buckles and pulled the zippers up further, my hood still up. I stared at my knuckle gloves for a few seconds before ripping them off, folding them neatly, and tucking them in my back pocket, then zipping it up.

"Kai? Are you... alright?" Kirill asked. I nodded, furrowed my brow, and tilted my head.

"Well... you just look... pale?"

I raised an eyebrow and turned away, starting to pace in a fairly large circle. My boots didn't have heels, therefore granting me a silent footfall. I paused, looked with narrow eyes through the trees, and reached for my dagger. I felt... something....

And then it was gone.

I narrowed my eyes further and slid my dagger back in its sheath. I turned my head away from the trees and continued pacing.

Why didn't I like the feel of this round?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)