z

Young Writers Society

The Candlestone

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:14 pm
ultraviolet says...

Okay, guys, no more having your dragon parents dead. I looked at the profiles, and five out of the seven are dead. I'm going to change it so that my mom's not dead, and if someone else did too that would be great, but I'm not going to force anyone.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:51 pm
fictionfanatic says...

What time period is this set in?
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:11 pm
ultraviolet says...

Modern day.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Dragonet says...

You don't have to wait for me. With school starting, I don't think I can join. I'm just to busy. Sorry.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:38 am
ultraviolet says...

Well then once chupatoasta posts then we'll start. I'll PM her, just as a reminder.

~asofterworld.com

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 am
Chupatoasta says...

I can't do it either, sorry ): I have way too many things going on right now, sorry sorry sorry!
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 pm
ToritheMonster says...

I'll put up a profile later.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:49 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Hurry up Dreamy!!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:10 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hey. You guys should discuss in the DT which half-dragons have met up with who, which of the three dragons are with them--if any--and where they are.

~asofterworld.com

262 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:57 pm
ultraviolet says...

Oh, I forgot about pudin. I'll PM her to remind her.

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Can we pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssssseeeeee start this?
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:56 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Sure. We can just add in the others when they're ready. After I finish a review I'm doing, I'll make the first post. :)

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Yay!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:33 pm
ultraviolet says...

Jianna Kris

They would find us. We had been flying in the night sky for hours and had covered hundreds of miles and left them behind on the ground, but they would find us. The phrase "You can run, but you can't hide," came to mind.

I didn't know how they found us, how they could track us through the air, but they could and it scared me. They were only descendants of slayers, yet somehow they were masters at their skill, even without dragons to practice on. We were practice. Yet they were amazing. The only solution I could come up with is, it's in their blood.

After hours of flying, the flapping of my mother--I mean Hartanna--'s wings had become more lulling than terrifying, which had been hard to imagine my first flight.

I tapped Mothe-- Hartanna's shoulder twice. It had been only a week. I still wasn't used to the fact that my mother was a dragon. I could accept it, but it was like she wasn't my mother any more. Yet, I couldn't stop calling her that.

"Yes?" Hartanna said, swiveling her head back to look at me.

I leaned down so that she could hear me even with the wind howling around us. "How much longer to day break?" Astronomy had never been my strong point.

"Another hour, maybe," Hartanna answered.

The sight of her should have been terrifying. I was riding on the back of a beast who claimed to be my mother. I knew she was, but since she lied to me all of these years, could I really trust her to protect me? Yet. there was something, something about the look on her face, something in her eyes, that was my mother. And it told me that no matter whether she was a dragon or not, that wouldn't change. That she loved me.

We flew a while longer, then rays of light shone over the horizon, taking away our cover of darkness. Night was the only time we could fly, for obvious reasons. If we were spotted, the media would have a frenzy and the slayers would find out. Then kill us.

We dove for cover in a forest on the edge of Minnesota. We walked for a bit before finding a cave that was large enough to hold all of us.

The moment I sat down on the hard, rock floor, I wanted to slump over and fall asleep.

Hartanna let out a deep, resonating growl, attracting our attention. "For the past week we've been running," she said. "Now it's time to take action."

If the slayers hadn't provided us with any action, I didn't want to know what she meant.

"If we ever want to be rid of the slayers, we have to find the Candlestone and we have to bring it to the Elder dragons." "Elder dragons." That's what the Normal dragons called the Not-Normal dragons.

"Do we have any clue where it is?" I asked.

"Yes," Hartanna said. "This." Using one of her narrow claws, Hartanna took something that was wedged between two of her scales. It was a small, blue, chipped stone

"This is a Varlor stone. The Candlestone is also a Varlor stone. Varlor stones are a type of stone that the Elder dragons can manipulate to do different things, including hold our dragon essence. When they changed us, the Elder dragons gave each of us a part of a Varlor stone. They said that if we bring each segment together, it will somehow show us where the Candlestone is. But we need each seven."

She looked at Jazz. "I thought we'd look for your parent's first, seeing as we don't know where the other dragons migrated to. Do you have any memories of your parents, any at all, or have anyone that we could ask about it?"

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cyri

A loud clanging, rumbling, and the floor shaking woke me up immediately. I glared down the elevator shaft and glanced at the moving cables. Who on flickin' earth was going up this late? Or... early. The blue letters of my clock read 5:00 AM. I huffed. Once I was up, I was very permanently up. I slipped into my jacket, leaving it unzipped, and grabbed a tall bottle of chocolate milk off the card table. My loft was below sub-par, but it had a mattress, five locks, and the best tech room I could expect.

Expect. Not imagine. Five outdated TVs, each screen cracked, hooked up to a massive computer and a busted-up chair with a horrid print on the hard cushion wasn't my idea of cutting edge and high-tech. But it worked fairly well, and whoever my... father said he was had told me to stay here until he contacted someone. Hatta? Anna? Har... Hartanna! That was it. Hartanna.

I didn't know how long that would take. Until this Hartanna chick came and did her thing, I was stuck being the tech at the apartment building, in a ratty, but spacious and safe, loft. Not able to rent, this was for the workers. I could understand why they all passed it up. Every morning for... I couldn't even remember anymore, I'd woken up to either the elevator or someone banging on the door and calling for "kee-rie." It's SEE-REE. Idiots.

But I'd wait. Alone. With a complicated jacket and a messenger bag of technology, and five brass locks to protect me.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice