z

Young Writers Society

Darkheart (Invite only|Starting)

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Lumi says...

Yes, I'm playing Rowan. But I don't quite have this finished, obviously. Thus, it's a work in progress, but you guys can now start while I finish this.

Character Profile

Name: Rowan Kharisol

Appearance:

Spoiler! :

Alliance: (Mithrildór, Avásandor or Curuwen) Mithrildór

Clan/Rank: Darkheart Prince

Ability: Dark Arts

Cloaking is Rowan's most commonly-used ability, though he rarely uses it (as is the same with all of his abilities). The Shadow Fall is a dark magic that veils the caster instantly from sight, smell, hearing, and most presence-detecting abilities. Though it's a masterful cloaking technique, it drains too much energy and leaves Rowan helpless for a short while once it fades away. He has used this ability on a few occasions.

Defense is another defensive power discovered by Rowan. He has only used it twice since he found himself being consumed, and both times it saved his life. This shield-like power is resistant to the elements, especially fire, but fails at protecting against a hard physical assault. Like Cloaking, Defense leaves Rowan drained of much energy and paralyzed for a very short time. He has chalked up this immobilization to the power of the darkness advancing on his heart with each use.

Damnation is a complete mystery to Rowan as he has never tapped into its powers. He only knows of the existence of the skill because of the old sage who revealed him as a Darkheart. Theoretically, this skill consumes his heart and destroys his mortal being, allowing a total manifestation of his powers...at the cost of his mortal life.

Skills: Until recently, Rowan had never been forced to fend for himself in the wild or against other beings. However, he has an extensive background in Horse-riding and can wield a sword (he thinks) after his training in fencing.

Personality:

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Likes/Dislikes:

History:

Up for love: Not particularly.

Other:
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, we can start whenever now. I'll be adding in a post for Lore soon, so don't go crazy until you see it. It might be long and take a while, though.

Lore | Somewhere in the Forests of Mithrildór:

The trees stretched up towards the heavens, their leaves blocking out almost all of the sunlight and casting a greenish glow on the scene below. A young girl was approaching a boy, her posture and expression showing signs of angry, and unhappiness.

"Rowan!"

The prince in question turned towards the girl as she made her way over to him. The forest was eerily quiet as she approached, eyes only for the boy before her. Neither took notice of the second man some distance away, tending to a fire.

"Yes, Lore?" Rowan asked calmly.

"What is the meaning of this?" She snapped. "Going to the royal palace of Avásandor? Alone! Are you crazy?"

The prince sighed and turned towards her. They stared at each other for a moment in tense silence before a new voice broke the awkward, tense silence and caused the pair to look away from each other. The other man had joined them.

"Lore, will you calm down?"

Lore scowled at the other man. "Calm down? Calm down! How can I even be calm when he--" Here, she pointed at the prince, "--wants to go running off into Avásandor, alone! How can I--"

Rowan cut her off, "You can't come, Lore." His tone was quiet, sad even. "You're a thief, remember? So you can't come. You're famous back home, who knows how famous you are in Avásandor."

Lore sighed and lowered her hand, eyes on the ground. "Are you sure I can't come?" she asked quietly. "I could wear a veil... Maybe."

Rowan sighed and exchanged a look with the other man.

"It could work."

"I don't know, Kohar," Rowan replied, his gaze drifting back to the girl before him. "Maybe."

The trio stood there, staring at each other for a moment. Silence grew, and grew, and then finally, Rowan spoke.

"oh, alright," he muttered. "You can come--"

"Yes!"

"--But," he continued, giving Lore a meaningful look. "You have to keep that veil on, alright?"

Lore nodded. "That, I can do."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:30 am
Lavvie says...

Are we going to do this or no?

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yes. We've started. *points to post above* So go! (I was offline for a while so yeah. I wasn't exactly here.)
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:34 pm
Sassafras says...

I forgot all about this but I really want to finsh it so pitch in people!

Taroth "Tarr"

I covered myself with the scare shadows of the forest. Damn daylight gave me little to work with, but enough to go around unnoticed. After commanding Bee to go find himself something to eat, I started up behind the trio of people discussing something in a circle. One of them was a familiar face though I can't remember when I'd seen it before. Shrugging that off for later, I snuck up behind them and shallowed my breathing as to not blow my cover.

"Going to the royal palace of Avásandor? Alone! Are you crazy?" Hmm, were these the people I've been searching for? I contemplated that for a while before I noticed their conversation was coming to a close. The girl, Lore, was finially allowed to come. I can't miss my chance.

"I want to go," I said simply. The man pulled out a sword and aimed it in the general area of my body. His eyes narrowed and the girl had also drew some weapons I didn't notice she had.

"Who's there."

"Oops," I released the darkness and ran a hand through my hair. "I want to go," I said simply again.

"It's not as simple as that," the man said again, still pointing his weapon at me. I think I heard the girl say his name was Rowan. I sighed and produced a whistle before blowing on it harshly. Bee needed to come back.

"What's that," the other man, Kohar, asked.

"Just calling my pet." Just then, Bee came crashing through the brush. He rubbed up against my leg before settling down.

"Why do you keep a panther as a pet?" I raised an eyebrow at her and latched Bee back on his leash.

"Why do you not?"

"Stop this," Rowan suddenly exclaimed. "Who are you?"

"I recently figured I have a power by the name of the Darkheart. I don't want to be controlled by it. I'm not up for being controlled by anything. I overheard a few men talking about you, Rowan, and your journey. They say you also have this power and you are looking for a way to stop it from taking control of you. I want that too. I want," I rolled my eyes before clearing my throat. "I want...help. You're the only one who can provide that now."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead