z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Colony Experiment

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:40 am
Lethero says...

If you heard of the Discovery Channel post-apocalyptic experiment called the Colony then you have the idea what this is going to be like, except to our characters, this will be real.

The storyline: The year is 2013, after the major outbreak of a deadly virus known as the Hydravirus (made-up) in 2012, fifty percent of Earth's population has been killed off and there are only a handful people who are immune to the airborne virus. You are those handful. You are gathered up by a government organization and taken to an abandoned mill town in the hopes that you will survive to help rebuild the human population after the virus takes its course. You are each only given several days of food and water, in which you are to share with your fellow colonists. After that you must fend for yourselves. You must make your shelter in the abandoned buildings of the mill town. The people who are put in the colony are from different backgrounds, careers, countries, and religions, but to survive you must work together. You have all lost family and friends to this virus. Can you survive life after the apocalypse?

The max number of people to be accepted is 15, no more. Try to make it equal male and female. Also, this is to be a realistic SB. No zombies, etc . . . Another thing is I am going to ask people to do things to the colonists. They will be marauders, these people do not have to create a bio. But for the people who are the marauders, all I will ask is either A: threaten our resources whether it be food, medicine, water, etc . . . B: Personal safety (destroy something, burn a building, something of the like) C: Be a trader who comes a trade resources. or D: A traveler (or travelers threatening our personal safety or resources. First off, don't bother asking to be a marauder. These people have to be unbiased and changing. I will be part of the Colony, so all I'm going to ask is to do one of the 4 choices, but not tell him how it's to be done so it is completely fair.

Rules:
1)I am not going to put a rule on swearing, but it's your own problem if you get in trouble by a mod for excessive swearing.
2) For now, 1 character per person.
3) People who are characters can't be the random marauder.
4) 1,000 characters per post.
5) Marauders, if they want to post more than once, can kidnap a colonist, but they cannot kill a colonist, unless that person wants out.
6) Any person who comes in after the start of the story book will have to be subjected to a 12 hour solitary in case they have virus. (Even though they won't)
7) If your character designs something, it has to be realistic.
8) Follow the five rules of survival: Fire, Food, Water, Safety, and Power. Those are the things we need to survive.

For the Colonist a basic character bio is this:

Name:
Career:
Appearance:
History:
Other:

If you have questions about this PM me and I will clarify. The experiment begins 8/18/10.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 am
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take a spot.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 am
Razcoon says...

Name: Kyle [Aro]

Career: Journalist

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: Aro got his nickname from his love of archery. He had a mother and twin sisters he was very close to. His father died when he and his sisters were very young. He also had a fiance he loved more than anything in the world. When the Hydravirus killed them all, and his best friend, he was devastated.

Other: He wears his fiance's engagement ring on a chain on his belt loop.
Spoiler! :
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:37 am
BondGirl007 says...

I'll grab a spot!
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am
iceprincess says...

I'm in! :D Profile's not finished, but since Razzy's got a male, then I'll make a female!

Name: Olivia Ulliel

Career: Student/part-time coffee barista in a cafe

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
This is what she usually wears.

History: Olivia was born to a pretty well off family in France. Her mother died when she was born so she only had her father and her Grandmere. Her father was a doctor, but even he couldn't fend off the Hydravirus. He died in Olivia's arms before she was taken away from him.

But anyway, Olivia aspired to become a well known historian just like her mother, and was to enter the Université de Paris this fall to study the Renaissance and the dark ages. She was working at the Café des Bouffons as a part-time coffee barista before she left her home in Paris and relocated to some town in a desert.

Other: She is bringing a few books, a few notebooks and some pencils with her.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm
Lethero says...

I will create my guy.

Name: Ashton Smith

Career: Mechanical Engineer

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Image Yes this is an actual photo of me.

History: When the Hydravirus hit, Ashton had just graduated college for Mechanical Engineering. His entire family was killed by the virus, and he has been moving from place to place, eventually being picked up by the government and moved to the colony.

Other: He likes tinkering and is skilled at building things.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory