z

Young Writers Society

The Troupe

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 pm
LaurenOutLoud says...

Reuben

I'm sittin' in the alleyway near Farrow's, a local beer joint filled with criminals. People like me but not like me at the same time.
There's a brown and white cat sleeping by my side and I'm petting her fur.

Bruises are all over my chest, again. I got into another fight with Jakob, he lost by the way. I'm wondering where Tim is; haven't seen him since we raided that one place on Saturday. He's probably gonna be lookin' for a fight, and he knows I'll give it to him.

There's someone coming, it may be Tim.

"Hey Tim." he doesn't answer my hello. Instead, he comes closer and strikes me in the face.

"I'm gonna kill you this time." he growls.
I, of course, throw a punch back in response.

Great, a fight with Tim, and I'm already tired from dealing with Jakob.
The whiskey is agreeable but the meat has gone bad

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:34 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Roland

Julian and Roland were walking down the alleyway which, according to Julian, the Helen girl frequented. Mouse was following them from above, on the rooftops and balconies of the buildings. Roland kept Mouse largely out of the way while he was recruiting. She'd only scare off the initiates.

Roland heard the sound of running footsteps. He quickly held out a hand to stop Julian. The men waited, as a girl ran around a corner into the alley. Three boys jumped out of the shadows as the girl split a loaf of bread between the four.

"That ain't Helen," murmured Julian. Roland rolled his eyes.

"Obviously. Be quiet," he hissed, his eyes still on the girl. After a moment, she seemed to sense his gaze and looked up at him.

"Yes?" she said.

"Nothing at all, Miss," said Roland, stepping toward her, his eyes glinting. Her male companions stood up defensively, but she held them back with a quick motion of her hand. Roland smiled and gave a quick bow.

"How did you get that bread?" he asked suavely. The girl held a straight face.

"That's none of your business," she said coolly. Roland smiled.

"Of course it isn't," he turned to Julian. "She'll do, as well. I'll take this one. You and Mouse go looking for the Helen girl, and bring her back to the theater."

Julian nodded. Roland looked sharply up toward Mouse's barely visible silhouette. She cocked her head at him, but Roland made it clear that she was to go with Julian. Mouse didn't move for a moment before slithering down to ground level, looking fluid as a snake as she climbed and swung downwards. Roland nodded to Mouse and Julian, who began walking down the alleyway. Mouse threw a long glance back towards Roland, but he glared back at her.

Turning his mind to the task at hand, Roland looked back at the girl. She seemed on the defensive, now. Roland had ensured that she had heard some of the previous conversation. She kept throwing glances back toward the retreating figures of (what she thought were) two boys that were Mouse and Julian. After a moment, she gave Roland a hard glance.

"Where do you think you are taking me?" she demanded. Roland laughed.

"That really depends, Miss. You see, I have reason to believe that you stole that bread. And crimes must be reported to the authorities. But I have an... alternative proposal that you may find enticing."
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jessa

"Roger, Richie, Marco, get to Lynnard's, tell him a may not come back for a while," I said in a low voice. Richie nodded and grabbed the ands of his younger brothers before sprinting off. Take care of yourselves. I thought to them, knowing they couldn't hear it.

"Your proposal, sir?" I said. My voice was shifting sweet to suave to cold in six seconds- I needed to pick. Um, um, um, um, ummm.... let's go with cold!

"I have employment to offer."

"As what, sir?"

"Actress, perhaps?"

I didn't respond.

"Is that a yes or no, mi-"

"Give me a moment to think, sir." I cut him off swiftly. Okay, okay, ummm, pros versus cons. Pro: employment, probably money, shelter (maybe), sounds fun. Con: this guy looked unsafe, not to mention penniless, I could've sworn I saw that crooked Chameleon I'd faced, what, two years ago? And I felt something watching me, from far away.

Oh, what the heck.

"Sir, I will accept your proposal."

"Good, goo-"

"Under one condition."

He cleared his throat. "Yes?"

"I want to be able to choose who I work with."

"I'm sorry, but that is impossible."

A muscle in my throat tightened. "Very well. Well, I accept anyways."

"Good to hear miss, now come along with me."

I shivered.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm
*coco says...

Julian

As we progressed down the alley, my mind was deep in thought. That girl, the one that Roland had spotted, she seemed to look quite...familiar. A little too familiar for my liking...anyway, I said to myself, taking one last swig from my bottle of rum, I had more important things to worry about... like tracking down Helen. That, in itself, was going to prove a hell of a lot easier said than done. From what people told me, Helen was a feisty one, and as such, she'd definitely put up one hell of a fight.

I looked over at Mouse who miserably trudged along beside me, clearly delighted to be accompanying me.

"So it's just you and me, eh, Mouse?" I winked, baring a cheeky grin. "This should be fun..."

She ignored the remark, her lip curling slightly.

"Oh, c'mon, Mouse!" I teased, nudging her playfully on the shoulder. "Crack open a smile once in a while...loosen up a little...have some fun..."

"No, thank you!" she replied curtly. "I happen to take what I do for a living extremely seriously. I don't expect a petty thief like you to understand..."

I dramatically placed a hand to my heart. "Well, honestly...that was rather ruuude...” I burped, throwing the now empty bottle of rum on the ground and letting it smash into pieces as it met the alley wall. "You know, maybe if you got to know me a little you'll realise that I'm actually quite a -"

I broke off mid-sentence. Suddenly my eyes focused on the dark haired girl that hurriedly walked passed me.

"Actually quite what?" asked Mouse. "Obnoxious, self-centred, clumsy?" she offered.

My eyes were still fixed on the brunette. It wasn't her face that managed to catch my attention, but the look in her eyes as she proceeded down the cobbled alley. It was a look I knew all too well. The look of murder. A scoundrel's grin suddenly appeared across my face. It was Helen.

"Actually, Mouse," I said, straightening my collar shirt before turning to follow the brunette. "I was going to say genius."

“Hey...” Mouse called after me, slightly annoyed and confused at the same time. “What are you doing?”

“My job if that's alright with you, miss...”
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 pm
Kaywiia says...

Helen

A boy and a girl started walking towards me. I quickened my step, and they did likewise. I began to run. I knew these types of situations well. Someone wanted revenge because I killed a brother or a sister, a parent or an uncle. I had barley escaped with my life many times before this, and I wasn't about to loose it to two kids.

"Wait, we have a job for you," the boy said. I halted, and turned on my heels.

"Well, then, why didn't you say so, and save you the chase?" I raised an eyebrow cunningly.

"Are you Helen?" the girl didn't answer my question.

"Maybe I am, depends why you ask."

"Again, we have a job for you. It's not what your used to doing though." the boy looked me over, obviously trying to figure out something about me.

"Well, what type of job are we looking at?"

"How about a spot in the Rowland troupe?" I looked the boy over. Suddenly, I realized why I recognized him. Or, in better terms, why I shouldn't have.

"Your the Chameleon, of the Guild Brothers?" my eyes widened. I knew many members of the Bothers, and they had all spoken very highly of him. If, in fact, this was him.

"Maybe I am, maybe. Now, what do you say to our offer?"

"If your working for the guy, I guess I can make an exception to my usual rules. Now, what exactly am I signing up for?"
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

6 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:57 am
LaurenOutLoud says...

Reuben

I could swear I've broken something by now.
Me and Tim are still fighting and it's taking all my concentration not to focus on the pain that runs through my whole body. Tim is at average height but he still towers almost half a foot over me. I should run, while I still have the energy. But I never run from a fight, ever.

I mean, me an' Tim have been in plenty of fights with each other, but one of us (usually Tim) ends up calmin' down before it gets too nasty.
My legs are 'bout ready to buckle, and he's probably right.
He is going to kill me this time.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 pm
ToritheMonster says...

could someone bring me in? Perhaps I could be caught by Roland, as I never actually put how that happened in my profile.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:13 am
phantom of the potter says...

**Of course, Dreamy. We'll just pick you right up.

Mouse

Mouse scowled at the girl - Helen. "That's for us to know, isn't it?" she snapped, grabbing Helen's forearm. Spying danger, Julian moved to break Mouse's grasp, but Helen wrenched her arm out of Mouse's grip before he had a chance to.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know what I'm facing," she said irritably. Mouse's scowl deepened. Julian chuckled, shoot Mouse a reproving look.

"Don't mind Mouse; she's a devil with the social skills of a toadstool."

Helen wrinkled her nose. "She is a girl, then? I couldn't be certain."

Julian laughed, grabbing Mouse's arm and holding her as Mouse started toward Helen again. "We do owe you an explanation, don't we?"

"Julian," growled Mouse. Julian looked at her. "Let Sir do the talking," said Mouse pointedly. "He'll tell her what she needs to know." Julian frowned at Mouse. He turned back to Helen resignedly.

"It's an acting troupe," Julian said quickly. Mouse snarled and broke free of Julian's grasp.

"Be quiet!" Mouse hissed, looking up and down the alley. "Someone will hear you!" Helen snorted.

"What's so illegal about an acting troupe?" she asked. Mouse glared at her, but gave no answer. Mouse cast Julian a look and stalked back down the alley in the direction from where they came. She could just see Julian shrugging at Mouse's back and flashing Helen a knowing smirk. Arrogant, pompous scoundrel. Mouse just wanted to get back to Sir without killing the boy.

Roland

Roland was walking down the alleyway, his eyebrows raised as he surveyed the surrounding filth.

"You've yet to tell me your name," he quipped lightly toward the youth beside him. She shot him a calculating glance. Roland did not look down at her.

"Jessa," came the response after a moment. Roland smiled to himself.

"I think you'll find your new life agreeable, Jessa," he replied lightly. "Julian and Mouse are going to pick up another recruit. I'll go over the basic rules when we get back to the theater."

Jessa frowned. "Rules?" she scoffed to herself, not expecting Roland to hear her.

"Rules," replied Roland coldly, his gaze hardening. "And I will tell you that I do not take transgressions lightly. So it would be in your best interest to pay attention and heed them."

Jessa didn't respond, but Roland could sense that she seemed somewhat surprised at Roland's change in attitude.

"Stop!" came a booming roar from around the alley corner. "Thief!" Roland thrust out a hand to stop Jessa. A smile was playing on his face. Could they really manage three new recruits in a day?

A running blur of a girl came speeding around the corner. Roland quickly stepped into the girl's path. She slammed into Roland's chest and Roland grabbed her arms. The girl snarled at Roland and moved to break away, but Roland quickly pinned her to his side. Two policemen came jogging after her.

"You there!" thundered the larger of the two. Roland rather thought he resembled a rhino. "Hand her over! She's the thief!"

Roland feigned surprise. "Excuse me? Are you referring to my daughter?" Roland gestured to the girl. The other policeman (who resembled a weasel) laughed shrilly.

"She en't your daughter!" he cried in a nasally voice. "She's a no-good pickpocket, she is! Got eyewitnesses! Loads of 'em!"

Roland looked at the girl sternly. She looked back mistrustfully. Roland saw that she was clutching a handbag, and glared at the girl. Roland snatched it out of her hand and tossed it to the officers.

"This what you're looking for, gentlemen?" asked Roland. The rhino caught it and nodded. "You'll have to forgive Anabel," Roland continued, looking at the girl coldy. "She likes to take things that aren't hers." Roland glared at the girl. "No matter how hard I've tried to beat the habit out of her." For emphasis, Roland slapped the girl across the cheek. The rhino seemed appeased, but the weasel still glared at Roland.

"See 'ere!" he protested. "We got too take 'er in! Crime just can't go unpunished!" Roland sighed and reached into his jacket pocket with his free hand. The officers watched him eagerly. Roland pulled out a pile of crisp bank notes.

"Will this suffice?" he asked, handing the money to the officers. They tucked it away happily. Roland noticed the weasel start to protest. "I can assure you that a much harsher punishment awaits her back home than any stay in a prison would. And if she does this again, you can have the girl."

The rhino smiled and nodded at Roland. He dragged the unhappy weasel out of the alleyway. Roland dropped his gentlemanly smile and looked down at the girl.

"Now," he said slowly. "What have we here?"

**Sorry for the minor violence toward Bet, Dreamy. But it is Roland. And Victorian London. If you have a problem with it, just let me know.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm
Kaywiia says...

Helen

"What's so illegal about an acting troupe?" I asked after a minute. The short one, Mouse, turned and stalked off down an alleyway. Julian motioned and I followed after her with him.

"So what is her problem?" I mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear beside me.

"No one really knows. Mouse will be Mouse, I guess."

"Rats will be rats is a better term." I smirked, and Julian chuckled a little. I fingered the necklace in my pocket, and absentmindedly wondered how much money I could get for this. Or if, now, I would even need the money.

I look over at Julian, and noticed a bottle slung around his waist. I pointed to it, "Can I have a sip? I haven't had anything to eat or drink since yesterday. I had some things to take care of at the mansion back there on Maybelle street."

"So that's what all the commotion was about? I saw quite a crowd outside."

"Yes, I have a habit, you might call it, of causing problems. Now, would you mind if I had a sip of that?"

130 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:54 pm
*coco says...

*phantom & lauren: I hope it's okay that I brought Reuben in like this. If you're not happy with it please let me know*

Julian

As we headed back down the alley, I watched as the Helen girl took a long hard drink. I smiled inwardly at the thought of how easy this all had been.

"You know, I must admit," I said to her. "I'm quite surprised."

"Surprised?" she repeated. "By what, exactly?"

"Well, considering you was a student of Lucien Walker, I was expecting you to put up...y'know...a bit of a fight."

"Not today..." she said, her eyes following a group of police patrolling the market streets."Like I said, I’ve had quite an eventful morning..."

"Of course," I smirked, noticing the look of nervousness in her face as a few officers casually headed towards our direction.

Suddenly the Helen girl and I both collided into Mouse's back. She had stopped dead in her tracks and had a fearful look across her face.

"What is it, Mouse?" I asked, looking at her with confusion.

She merely pointed at what first appeared to be a pile of blood-stained clothes. However, as we walked closer towards it, we soon realised that this was the limp body of a young boy...a very familiar looking young boy.

"Reuben?" I asked, crouching beside the boy's beaten, blooded and bruised body. "Can you hear me?"

The boy managed a small nod before moaning in pain. I had to admit, I was relieved he was alive. This kid was known for getting into fights, alright, but this one looked like it would have killed him.

"Alright, you’re coming with us," I declared, signalling the Helen girl to help me lift the boy's limp body from the cold cobbled ground.

"We can't take him!" Mouse protested in alarm.

"'Course we can," I replied, settling one of Reuben’s arms around my neck. The Helen girl followed my lead. "He’s supposed to be one of our new recruits, remember?"

"Yes, but look at the state of him! He’s clearly a trouble-maker!"

"Oh, come on, Mouse..." I said, reaching for Reuben’s chin and wagging it in front of her. "How can you possibly say no to this face?"

The face in question was swollen, purple-looking and severely bruised. Mouse winced and looked away in disgust. "Fine," she scowled. "But keep him away for me..."
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

6 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:14 pm
LaurenOutLoud says...

(oh that's fine, close enough to what I had in mind)

Reuben

Julian? Well who woulda' thought.
Of all people that coulda' come an' 'save the day' I certainly wouldn't have guessed it to be the Chameleon.
Tim ran off when he saw him and who ever he's with; I can't seem to focus on their faces.
But what are they talking about? A new recruit?
I think I'm gonna faint. . .

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:04 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hi guys!

Name: Isaac

Appearance:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 69-550.jpg
Isaac is skinny and short with bright mischievous eyes and an expressive pair of eyebrows. He looks younger than he is, and is often mistaken to be somewhere between the ages 14-16.

Personality: Isaac has a curious and mischievous nature. He's bright and good at figuring things out, especially mechanical objects. Life on the streets has made him inventive and resourceful. He's very social and good at making friends. He has an innocent, charming smile and is good at making people warm up to him--especially old women. He has a keen sense of observation and a very good memory. He is not tough at all, and usually gets beaten up very bad in a fight. He is not a good fighter. He is quick on his feet and agile, however. He'd most likely run if forced to fight. He's good at lying and appearing innocent. He is essentially good natured and honest, though he tends to exaggerate a lot of the stories he tells. He has an excellent imaginations which he uses to make up stories. He tends to take a special liking to people who are annoyed by him. He has quick, nifty fingers and is an experienced pick pocket. He's often sneaked into theatres and seen plays and is enamoured by theatrics. He dreams of becoming an actor someday. He is often not taken seriously by people for his boyish features and attitude and treated like a child. He has a playful nature and gets along well with little kids, becoming one with them. He finds it extremely difficult to be very formal and proper and tends to goof off.

History: His parents were of upper middle class. They died of small pox when he was ten. He was sent to live in an orphanage. During his time at the orphanage, he made friends with a bunch of street kids, and soon ran away to join them. They took care of themselves under the leadership of Jonathan, an older boy. He learned how to pickpocket and steal and how to escape if caught. He become great at lock picking. When he was sixteen, Jonathan was murdered and slowly their group of kids dispersed, each going their separate ways. They still often see each other on the streets and stick up for each other but no longer live together. Isaac made a home in the old deserted theatre, a place he always loved. When Roland took hold of the theatre, he had to conceal himself. He stayed hidden for a few days, until Mouse found his hideout while cleaning one day. She took him to Roland.

Crimes: Stealing, picking pockets, and trespassing. His biggest crime, which he is most proud of, is stealing five horses from a noble's stable and selling them off. He kept one of the horses and uses the money he earned to pay the stable at which he keeps the horses. That money is running out fast.

Up for Love: Yes.

Other: He has sum of money from stealing the horses which he keeps hidden. He keeps it in a bag, which he has buried in the ground in a deserted alley close to the theatre.

Isaac

He peaked out from behind the rafters. They were out now. The two men, and that small girl they called Mouse. He lifted the rafters and shimmied his way out. You had to pay a lot to see a play from one of these boxes. Well, he was living in one.

He walked down the steps and towards the stage, wondering who the intruders were. They were recruiting people, as far as he knew. The older man, the one the girl called Sir, had mentioned something about potentials. Were they putting on a play and recruiting actors? There was something sinister about them, which he couldn't put his hand on. The younger man, the one by the name of Julian. Isaac had seen him around once or twice. Just glimpses. Jonathan had spoken of the Guild Brothers. They called him Chameleon. Apparently he had murdered a member of his own group. Isaac frowned. He wouldn't want to upset the Chameleon. But, was he really an actor? Why were they recruiting at a theatre then? Or was this just a convenient meeting spot. He shivered. He didn't want to get stuck in whatever they were planning. Unless it was a play.

He looked around at the dusty theatre. It was wooden and huge. He'd always envisioned it filled with people. He walked to the centre of the stage and bowed. Around him were echoes of applause and cheers. He grinned.

"Thank you, thank you! I love you too!" His voice echoed through out the empty building, ringing in his ears. His smile faded. If those men were planning a play, this theatre would truly be filled soon. He'd have to find another place to live.
He walked of the stage, depressed. This was his place. He'd found it first. He wondered if they'd let him act in the play. He'd show off to them his favourite scene from Macbeth, Macbeth's fight with Maduff. He'd polished it to perfection. If they'd let him try, that is. He'd find a way.

He smacked his head. What was he thinking! A play indeed! Right, like the Chameleon hung about in abandoned theatres because of his passion for the theatrics. They were planning something very sinister and he was about to get caught in the midst of it. He needed to get out.

In the mean time, he decided, giving the theatre another once over, he was going to plan a little surprise for the trespassers.

He retrieved the can of white paint from the small closet at the back of the theatre and walked up to the stage. He took up the large paint brush and smirked. He had heard from someone that Sir Conan had built this theatre years and years ago. The old man had died years ago. Ever since his death, the theatre had started to fall apart.

He wrote in large block letters, "Sir Conan lives. Leave me be." There were already rumours the theatre was haunted. As a final touch, he positioned the canister of paint over the door. A classic trick. The first one to enter would be bathed in white.

He retreated to his hideaway. He couldn't leave the theatre without witnessing the turnout. He'd have to leave right after though. He quickly packed his few belongings and lay in wait for them to come.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

130 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:17 pm
*coco says...

Hi, Mizz-Iceburg :D !

Julian

We had to practically drag Reuben to the theatre seeing as he had fainted approximately five seconds after we found him. The result was several suspicious looks and whispers from passers-by and a lot of excellent lying on my part.

"Poor bastard drunk himself to sleep..." I explained to anyone who listened, after which they would shake their heads and tut disapprovingly before leaving us be.

By the time we approached the theatre door the back of my neck burned with pain. For a small guy, Reuben was incredibly heavy.

"This is the theatre?" the Helen girl asked, craning her neck up to stare at the rundown building before her. "Didn’t this once belong to Sir Conan?"

"Sir who?" I asked breathlessly, attempting to slap Reuben awake and failing to do so.

"Sir Conan," Helen repeated. "He’s the man who built this theatre. He died several years ago."

"Well, I don't know about that, but it's Roland’s now," I said.

The Helen girl continued to look at the building with distaste. "They say the place is haunted, y'know..."

"Sure," I chuckled, before signalling for Mouse to open the theatre door for us.

"It’s true!" the Helen girl insisted. "Honestly, couldn't this Roland guy pick a better spot?"

Before I could even stop her, Mouse was already on the defensive. Nobody insulted her beloved 'sir' and got away with it while she was still alive.

"For your information, Helen," she scowled, "Sir does not require grand theatres in order to showcase his talents. His plays speak for themselves...."

Visibly amused, I grabbed hold of Mouse with my free hand.

"Alright, little one, that's enough..." I said, holding her down with great difficulty. I still had Reuben’s weight on me. "If it's alright with you two I’d like to get inside before my spine snaps into two."

I noticed Mouse was still throwing looks of distrust at the girl. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"C'mon, Mouse," I said, snapping her out of it. "Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna open the door so we can get in."

"Why do I have to open it?" she asked sourly.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Isaac

Scowling, Mouse shoved the door. She yelped as the can of paint came tumbling down on her, splattering her head and shoulders with paint. She cursed loudly and whipped around advancing toward Julian, the paint dripping down her face and sides.

"Real mature, Julian," she growled. Julian was doubling over with laughter. He lifted a hand, shaking his head, trying desperately to hold back his laughter.

"Wasn't me," he gasped. "I swear it." Julian protested, failing at controlling his laughter. "Though I can't say I'm not impressed by whoever it was." He smirked. The seething Mouse stomped inside, swearing under her breath. "Wait until Sir finds out about this."

Isaac spotted her from the hole in the rafters as she entered and stifled his laughter. The expression on her face was priceless. The thick paint was slowly dripping down her arms, to the floor. She held her arms out in disgust. She was red with anger, and he could see it took her everything to keep herself from tackling Julian, whom she no doubt blamed. The other girl, a new one, who had warned Julian about the haunted theatre was already inside, a very cautious expression on her face.

She slowly walked around, looking at every thing with doubt. She walked toward the stage and gasped. "Julian!" She called, "look! It is haunted, see!"

Julian dropped the man he was holding on the floor and walked over to the girl, still smirking. He was clearly enjoying himself. She pointed at the lettering on the stage in thick white paint. He frowned for a bit, mystified. Then he turned and beamed at Mouse.

"See Mouse, it was this Sir Conan man who did this too you. Not me."

The new girl looked at him wide-eyed. "You really think so?"

"Of course." He winked, then looked up around the theatre with searching eyes. Isaac ducked. Time to go, he thought.

Mouse shook her arms and head, trying to shake the paint from herself. "Bastard," she muttered.

"Now, now Mouse, Sir Conan wouldn't like that."

"You shut the hell up! Wait till Sir gets here. He'll kick you out for sure once he sees how much of a child you are! And don't think I don't know it was you! Forcing me to open the door like that!"

Julian broke into another fit of laughter. The new girl smiled uncertainly, still wide-eyed. Mouse, trembling with rage half advanced at Julian, then turned and stalked off upstairs.

Isaac was having a lot of fun. But as Mouse approached the stairs, he bolted to the back of the room realizing that he had little time. He had sat watching them for too long. He should have already made his escape. He quickly picked up the bundle of belongings he had made. He turned around, plopping his red hat on his head, eyeing his escape.

Too late. A dripping Mouse stood in the door way, glaring. "I think," she snarled, "we've found Sir Conan." She advanced toward him, her eyes wild. Drats.

Isaac stepped back, forcing an innocent smile. "Hi there!" He said.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 pm
Kaywiia says...

Helen

I couldn't help but laugh as the paint bucket spilled over on Mouse. She deserved it, the little rat. Once she was well ahead, I turned to Julian.

"You didn't do that?" I asked, looking at him.

"No, I didn't,"

"I have no respect for liars. I never did get along well with those types of people. I thought you were above that,"

"Your a lair yourself, one of the best there is," he pointed out, obviously confused, "you were Lucian's best student,"

"Exactly, And that's why I have no tolerance for being lied to," I smirked, knowing what I had just said would make absolutely no sense to him. that's fine by me, though. I always did like a little mystery surrounding me. It kept me in the dark, and had saved my neck a few times.

((God, Helen, maybe he isn't lying))

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal