z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:29 am
Junglelover says...

I got out of habit after being away from the cp for a week, now I just trying to get back into posting!
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:18 am
Calligraphy says...

Thanks so much guys. I wasn't going to push posting because I was busy with school and other things myself.

A. S.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:42 pm
ultraviolet says...

~Yeah, I know I said I'd post last night... but... screw me. Anyways, I'm here now!~

Acacia Lane

Finally, I thought. Maybe he's useful after all.

Time left me as we flew up and down, up and down, the only hint of time being the holes in the wall on the upper levels of the ride. And by holes, I meant at least thirteen feet wide. They were probably designed so that the riders could see how high they were, thus, freaking them out even more.

More than once I thought about shoving Ryan out of one of these, but figured Ivan wouldn't be too pleased. Besides, after closer inspection I saw that right below the lowest window was a landing. Even if I pushed him out at the highest landing, he'd only fall a few stories and only break a leg or something. And then he'd be crazed about killing me as well.

Up, down, window and light, darkness ahead, up, down, air on my face, squinting my eyes, window and light, up, down, darkness ahead, tick, tock, air on my face, window and light, up, down, hold on tight, window and light, almost fly off, up, down, darkness ahead, air on my face, squinting my eyes, window and light, hold on tight, almost fly off, tick, tock, up, down, neverending madness, a circle, infinity, up, down, jump out.

Jump out. Of course! If we timed this right, we could jump off near the landing then scale the building. Why didn't I think of it before?

"Ryan! Ivan!" I screamed to be heard above the roaring air. "Landing under window! Jump!"

Down, darkness ahead, up, window and light, window, window, jump!

I jumped. I made it out of the building, but overshot. I rolled on the landing and almost flew off; I clung to the edge for dear life. I was just pulling myself up when Ivan flew out the window too, then Ryan. Ivan pulled me up, saying, "Do you always have a plan?"

I smirked. "Pretty much."
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:07 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

After pulling Acacia up onto the landing I rolled over onto my back and just didn't move until the world stopped spinning around me. I wasn't a rollercoaster person, apparently.

"How many people are left in the games?" I asked without moving.

"Other than the three of us, there's Chase and the girl from District 2" Ryan said. That meant there was 5 left. I told Andi that we would part at this point. The games are almost over, it seemed. The game makers will be making things more intense for us.

"Are you okay, Ivan?" Acacia asked.

"I'm fine. Just... No more rollercoasters. In fact, no more rides period." Acacia and Ryan nodded. We each had had our fill of amusement park rides to last us a lifetime. I struggled to a sitting position and realised that I was hungry. My injury looked to have stayed bandaged which was good, but it was throbbing pretty fiercely. I guessed that it would up until the games end for better or worse for me. It was only our second night and so many has died.

"We need food." Acacia said, "Ryan, when we get down to the ground, you should do a little hunting seeing as you are the best with the bow. Stay nearby and don't attract attention. The last survivors will want to end the games tonight. Ivan and I will set up camp and a way to cook that meat." She smirked a bit, "Wouldn't it suck to make it this far only to die of undercooked meat?"

"Yeah," I laughed, "it would. And Ryan, are you sure you don't have any idea where Chase might be?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. When we were together, she clung to us like she was a weak little girl. She made no decisions on her own, so I really don't know her real personality or strengths."

Great. I always said that the only thing worse than an enemy you know you can't beat is an enemy you don't know at all and Chase was just that. The wild card. I saw the District 2 girl and I am not surprise that she could make it this far. Her skill was pure strength and skill with most if not all weapons. She would be tough when we see her, but Chase is the unknown. For all I know, she is using the District 2 girl to get to us just as we try to get her. As much as I hated to admit it, I would have to get the jump on her to ensure her death. That meant an unhonourable kill. Something I had trouble accepting.

"Alright. Let's get to it then." I said, "Make it through the night and hunt in the morning. We will discuss what we will do after the other two are dead." We climbed off the ledge and went off to our duties without a word. We all knew what would come next if we survived. We would have to kill each other.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:39 pm
Calligraphy says...

P.S. I changed up the list some to make the games more interesting. I put Junglelovers character at the bottom of the list (sorry, but you haven't posted in a while) But, I want to make this last night really interesting. So you can discuss what your characters are going to do. Also I want you to get wounded on the last night. Make it bloody!

On the DT you can also discuss ideas for the next arena because I plan to be making another one. Hopefully this time I will get tons more people to come. I am planing on inviting a ton so yeah.

A. S.
Last edited by Calligraphy on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 am
pinkangel54123 says...

**NO! Don't make me a computer character! I didn't reply because I'm posting like right now. I just had to catch up to everything so far.**
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random avatar

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:43 am
Calligraphy says...

I edited sorry, but you just didn't seem that interested. All good though :D

A. S.

78 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Chase

The rides didn't go off. The Gamemakers wouldn't allow that. I look with wonder at all of the rides. I step closer to one of them, and suddenly I'm in the seat chest and lap bars keeping me stuck. Music is suddenly blasting in my ears and I can feel the skin of my face being pushed back as I speed on the ride. I scream with terror and hope with everything I have that this is the only time I'll be stuck on this ride. My breath escapes me in relief as the ride pauses and the bars come off of me. Some unseen force holds me down, and the ride starts up again. Whatever was left of my hope failed as I spun on the corkscrews, my body held down only by the Gamemakers. I look down and see the sharp, rusted pieces of metal poking towards me. For extra safety, I hold onto the lap bar and it's just in time. The weight comes off of my lap and suddenly I'm dangling upside down by my hands. The only thing that I can do is use the momentum from my swinging body to land on the platform. I try and stick a nearly solid landing, but I can feel places where really bad bruises should form soon. I stand up and my leg collapses beneath me. Maybe I was hurt more than I thought.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:56 am
Junglelover says...

Calligraphy wrote:P.S. I changed up the list some to make the games more interesting. I put Junglelovers character at the bottom of the list (sorry, but you haven't posted in a while) But, I want to make this last night really interesting. So you can discuss what your characters are going to do. Also I want you to get wounded on the last night. Make it bloody!

On the DT you can also discuss ideas for the next arena because I plan to be making another one. Hopefully this time I will get tons more people to come. I am planing on inviting a ton so yeah.

A. S.

I'm fine with that, and you know why I haven't posted! Like I said at the beginning of last week to just kill my person. If I wasn't so busy, I would post. Lately I have only had a enough time to look at stuff.

And someone just kill me, please!!!!!! I wont get around to it any time soon.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:04 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

I was surprised to find that we were able to have a half decent meal before the game makers threw their next twist at us. It was in the middle of the night when it happened. We were just finishing off the rabbit that Ryan caught for us when an announcement came. It said, "Join me for a feast inside the castle of dreams. Dinner starts at 2:30 sharp"

And if the announcement wasn't enough, fireworks started to erupt from the ground around us. We stood frozen in the middle of the circle of pretty fire and explosions. After a few seconds of this, it suddenly stopped. We stood frozen until our ears stopped ringing.

"It's a trap." Acacia said.

"I know," I responded, "same when they told us of the sleeping bags. They want it to end either tonight or tomorrow."

"Should we go then?" Ryan asked, "Doesn't seem smart."

"It isn't," Acacia said, "but that's what the games are. A series of stupid moves in order to get a fight out of us. Under normal circumstances the smart move would be to focus on food and water before killing but that's not exciting. They want us to make a stupid move and put ourselves where we could get killed."

"The fireworks was right around us." I said, "Did any of you see more fireworks elsewhere?" Acacia nodded, "Where?"

"Couldn't say for sure," she said, "it could've been anywhere. Well, I wouldn't worry. We will be seeing Chase no matter the outcome of the next few hours. Let's get moving."

We had only just started to move towards the castle when the first bombardment came. Acacia grabbed me and pulled me and Ryan to the ground just as a large elephant thing swooped over us. It looked like a normal elephant, but had massive ears that it used for wings.

"What is that!?" I yelled.

"Dumbo." Ryan said. He got up and took aim with his bow. He waited until the Dumbo turned around and made another swoop at us. Just then, we saw five others join it on its attack.

"Run!" Acacia yelled and both me and Acacia bolted past Ryan who stood still aiming his bow.

"Come on!" I yelled. Ryan just shook his head.

"Go on ahead. I'll catch up if I can." I hesitated at his remark, but Acacia pulled me ahead telling me to let him be. I relunctantly left his side and ducked under a nearby snacks counter to wait for Ryan to make his distraction. What happened next was the most diffucult thing for me to see ever since what had happened to Andi. Ryan took a shot at one of the Dumbos and made a direct hit. It banked to the side hitting another and they both fell to the ground instantly turning into twin fireballs as they did.

Ryan calmly took aim again and shot at the third one taking it out in one hit. At this point, Acacia and I were able to bolt past the Dumbos and into a clearing. From behind, we saw Ryan take out the fourth and the fifth with one arrow, but there was more coming. He took out his last arrow and waited until the last moment before taking the shot. Many were near the resulting fireball and most of them were destroyed in it. But Ryan was also right in the center of it all. Consumed by the fireball that he created. I turned and continued to run before I could see his body but I knew that there was no way he could have survived.

As Acacia and I ran, I silently thanked Ryan for what he did. If it wasn't for his sacrifice, Acacia and I wouldn't be alive to see Chase's death through. He gave us our chance to win the Hunger Games.

I promised an epic death, and I hope this works. Ryan has died honourably.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:04 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Are you guys going to post?? :( Ultraviolet, pink! it is all up to you! Ithy if you want to you can post after yourself and post up until you win I really don't care anymore. No one seems to be interested in this.

A. S.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:33 pm
ultraviolet says...

~HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M NOT INTERESTED~

Acacia Lane

As much as I'd always hated Ryan, I couldn't help respect him - just a little - for how he died, saving us. Still, there wasn't time for mourning; the games weren't over yet.

No longer trying to be discreet, Ivan and I ran and ran and ran, as fast as we could, cutting across parks and through rivers, and around lakes and everything else. As far as we could tell the elephants had stopped chasing us, but we kept running because we never knew when they would swoop down.

Soon, we were at the edge of the park. We could see the castle, at the end of main street. Not very far. The question was, what else stood between it and us?

The weather started changing as though it knew that a battle was about to ensue - that is, if the Gamemakers got their way. The wind picked up, whooshing around, howling in our ears. Gone was the humid heat; instead, a bone-chilling dryness filled the air. Leaves, debris, and other remains were blown around, and we had to duck around them. A lawn chair barreled over and nearly knocked me down, but Ivan pulled me back just in time. Instead, it crashed through a window of what used to be an ice cream parlor.

Everything here had an old-timey feel, like it came right off the streets of Old England, if England were colored so tacky. The pinks and purples and pastels were nauseatingly cute, just like a three year old would love.

We just kept going, until we came to a giant statue of a mouse and a man. It was surrounded by a giant circular hedge, just short and thin enough to let us see the statue. We went around it to the right, and were only about thirty yards from the castle that could either give us the upper hand or make us fall prey to someone else.

Just as we were about to make a break for the castle, someone jumped out of the hedge, ax held high, and she chopped down at my leg. The District 2 girl. Ivan and I both jumped back, so she missed mostly, but it still nicked my calf, sending blood oozing down.

I knew she had hoped for a clean kill so she could attack Ivan one on one because when I came out mostly uninjured - save for a stinging pain in my calf - she ran away, towards the castle, apparently hoping to get lost in it's maze of rooms. No one knew really what was in there, 'cause even when people visited the park all the time, they weren't allowed in the castle unless they were Capitol people rich, which most weren't, I'd been told.

She ran into the castle and disappeared, us following her. When we reached it, I saw that it really was just like a castle; there were wide, arching, windows, spiraling stair cases, marble floors, huge stairwells, crystal chandeliers, and so much more. It really looked like a king might have stayed there. On every floor rows and rows of rooms could be seen, and District 2 girl could have hidden in any one of them.

And Chase could be here as well.

Being as quiet and sneaky as possible, Ivan and I started going through the doors and exploring the castle, on a hunt for tributes.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:04 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

We walked the hall of the castle for what seemed like hours without any sign of the other tributes. It seemed that the district 2 girl was taunting us. We would see a glimpse of her here and there, but she would be gone by the time we caught up. It seemed like she wanted to toy with us and catch us off guard. Acacia was injured and had a small limp from the damage that district 2 did to her. It didn't look good, but she kept on insisting that she was fine.

So on we went trying to catch up to anybody, but we kept on getting lost in the maze-like halls of the castle. We finally made it past the halls and found a large throne room. It was just plain massive in size. The ceiling seemed to rise up multiple floors and there was a red carpet leading up to a large throne at the back of the room with massive windows behind it that overlooked the park. There were many chandeleres hanging in the room that gave the room a sort of rich light but left many dark shadows that could have easily hid a would be attacker.

Acacia and I stayed to the middle of the room trying to avoid the shadows while checking every corner we could. We made it up to the throne before we were attacked. But it wasn't just one tribute or the other. It was both. Chase was hiding behind the throne, it seemed and district 2 was in the shadows like we had suspected. Caught in the middle was both me and Acacia. District 2 made it to us first and swung her axe. Acacia easily dodged out of the way, but I wasn't so lucky. As I attempted to twist out of the way, her axe caught my side cutting it open and she was also able to re-open my wound (yet again) on my arm. Despite the pain, I was able to get behind her and kick the back of her legs making her buckle over.

I tried to go for the kill, but she was too fast and rolled out of the way. Chase seemed to appear behind her and stabbed District 2 in the back as she tried to get up. District 2 fell to the ground and Chase rolled her over and stabbed her heart killing her instantly. Chase glanced up at us and I saw dried blood around her mouth. My mind instantly went to when she mentioned something about cannibalism back when she wounded Andi. Chase has been eating the other tributes. I looked to Acacia and she nodded and stepped back without a word. She knew I wanted Chase to myself and she respected that. It was to be my last request from Acacia for better or for worse.

I stepped forward and rose my foil to Chase.

"We finally meet, Chase." I said.

"So we do," she said, "where's Ryan? I thought he ran to you."

"He's dead."

"Would you like some of her before the game makers take her away?" The request seemed so innocent coming from her, but I knew what she meant and I wasn't going to fall for her tricks.

"I am here to take revenge on what you did to Ryan and to Andi."

"Whatever did I do? I thought what I did was part of the games. I was just trying to survive like you are. How many did you kill?"

"What I did, I did with honour, unlike you."

"Some people don't have the skill to fight with a District 1 such as yourself, so we do other things in order to stay alive. Sometimes it means to kill without your so called honour. There is no honour to what we do here. There is just death!"

She was right. Was I no different than her? I killed the district 10 girl. I was going to kill the district 2 girl. Both had lives. Both had families. Both just wanted to go home.

"Fine," I said, "why don't we just kill each other then. No honour. I fight now, because I just don't like you."

District 2 is dead. Pink, I didn't want to kill you just yet in case you want to have one more post or something. Just let us know if you want to write about the death yourself or if we can.

Will review for food!

78 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:55 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

**You guys can write about my death. I'm really busy lately, sorry.**
Want a heavenly review?

Random avatar

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm
Calligraphy says...

You guys are so awesome! keep posting!

A. S.

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman