Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:34 am
Calligraphy says...

Here's the DT.

The Games:

Here is a link to a site that explains the games far better than I ever could: The Games.

Each player was reaped, or volunteered, and so are now forced to play in the games.

The Arena:

Welcome to the happiest place on earth. The arena is all of Disney World Property. Everywhere that you see on this map is fair play, including all of the rides--which are controlled by the Gamemaker--and the resorts.

Though it's Disney World, the park has long since been closed, and is now overgrown with plants and wild life, everything is run down and falling apart, and the water is slimy, moldy, and gross. All of the rides, however, are constantly running, thanks to the Gamemaker. Animals from Animal Kingdom have escaped and are running free around the parks, hiding where you least expect it.

To see a more detailed map of individual parks and attractions, click on the numbers of each park/attraction, and a small window will pop up. In the lower right hand corner there will be a link that says ">Go To Map." Click it, and you have a larger map of that specific place. However, not all things have this.

The Outfits:

In the arena, all tributes are outfitted in white tennis shoes, white shorts, and a white tee shirt. They are also wearing a white belt and socks.

Deciding the Winner:

Because I want this SB to last as long as possible, I am going to be deciding the winner based on posts. In your profiles, you are going to say how much you hope to post. From that I will create an initial list of in what order people will die. After that, I will see how people's posts go, and from there I will configure the list, updating it regularly.

However, if you post ten little entries a day then you are not likely to do anything other than annoying us to death. We don't wish for you to overpost and spam the SB. Instead, one or two long, plot-driving, well written and grammatically correct posts will get you far. Keep that in mind.

Killing People Off:

Do not, under any circumstances, kill off someone that is not low down on the list. If they are the last person on the list, then you have to PM them and get their permission first. If they say no, then wait. Someone doesn't have to die every day; just post to further the plot some other way. If, however, they've been the last person on the list for a long time, then they must let go of their character; if they care so much, then they'll post more and better, anyways.

Also, if some people haven't posted in more than a week without saying that they will be gone, ask around the DT to see if you missed the anouncement, and if nobody knows, PM them. Either they will PM back saying that you can kill them--in which it's okay--or, if they don't answer, wait a few days and if nobody's heard from them, PM me and I will probably give you permission. So, if you're going to be gone, make sure we know so you don't come back to a dead character.

On another note, once we've started, I will name all of the spots that haven't been taken. These are people that you are allowed to mercilessly kill off, either at the original battle or later on. However, I would not advise that you kill them all off at once, because they will give you opponents without offending other people, or being able to kill them without facing a mad creator.

The Gamemaker:

The Gamemaker will be controlled by me. I will be controlling what your "mentors" will be sending out to you. I am also at liberty to make any twist in the game I so choose, of any kind. I can make up new rules on a whim, and change them to my desire. I promise to be completely fair when distributing gifts and rules and twists. Every so often I will post the list of who is in order to win, and where everyone is, that way you can keep track of each other.

If I am unable to post, or if she feels that the game needs a little nudge, ultraviolet will temporarily become Gamemaker. While she is going to create a character, she will be completely fair and will not unfairly tip the scales in her advantage. If anything, she will torture her character more than the others--she's evil that way.

Oh, and if you have any ideas as to twists, feel free to PM me, though I cannot promise I will use it.

The Cornucopia/The Starting Line:

In the following picture, the red line in the starting line, and it colors off the different levels, which show where different supplies are scattered. The Cornucopia is in Epcot, and the giant globe is the Cornucopia.

Spoiler! :
Epcot.png
Epcot.png (319.42 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

While all of this is available, be reasonable; you’ve read the books--most of you, anyway--and know how much stuff a person can get and still escape. Don’t have your character miraculously get to Level 6 and make away with a ton of stuff; you will get PMed and asked to change your post. Also, I will cross things out as people take them, and it's first come, first serve. Just post the things that you pick up when you make a post. I'm going to trust you to not unfairly tip the scales by getting amazing things.

Any suggestions you have for things are appreciated.

Spoiler! :
Level 1

Water proof 3’ x 3’ tarp - Two
Small bag holding a pair of sunglasses and a pair of tweezers - One
Map of Blizzard Beach - Two
Map of Downtown Disney - One
Ultra small bag holding a toothbrush and toothpaste - One
A bar of soap - Three
Pocket knife - just the knife - Two
Water bottle - 20 oz. - empty - Two

Level 2

Iodine tablets - Four
Band aids - Five
Sewing and thread - Three
Colored yarn - One
Dry fruit - Two
Thin rope - One
Flint stones - Three
Boomerang - One
Pocket knife - including all of the little tools in it - One
Backpack holding band aids, sunglasses, and sunscreen - One
Water jug - 20 oz. - full - One
Dagger - Two
Steel pipe - One

Level 3

Small container of very bright face and body paint. - Two
First aid kit - containing band aids, antiseptic cream, sunscreen, and bug spray - One
Flashlight - Two
Bandages - like the kind you wrap around your ankle - One
Dart gun - Two
Poison - Three
Sweat shirt - Two
Knife - Four
Baseball cap - Two
Water bottle - ½ gallon - full - One
Nun chucks - One
Hammer - Two
A spool of thin wire - Three
A pair of pliers - One
Bug spray - Three
Night vision glasses - like Rue had - One
Map of Animal Kingdom - One

Level 4

Medium size container of face and body paint - One
Bow and Arrows - One
Sleeping bag - Two
Axe - Two
Sword - One
Shield - One
Big knife - One
Backpack containing - flashlight, extra batteries, iodine tablets, hooks - One
Backpack containing - poison, sweatshirt, bug spray, socks, beef jerky, crackers - One
Thick rope - One
Spool of barb wire - Two
Lanterns - Two
Sound recorder - One
Spear - One
Water bottle - ½ gallon - empty - Two
Map of Magic Kingdom - One

Level 5

Bag containing matches, water skins, dagger, spray bottle, protein bars - One
Bag containing - any three level 1 items and two level 2 items - One
Bag containing - any three level 2 items - One
Bag containing - any two level 3 items - One
Spear - Two
Sword - Three
Dagger - Four
Extra arrows - One
Thick rope - Two
Bag containing - sun glasses, calamine lotion, spray bottle - One
Sleeping bag - Two
Map of the entire Disney property - One

Level 6 Pretty much only the Careers will get anything from here.

Bushels of apples, nuts, sun flower seeds
Jugs of water
Grenades
Nun chucks
Steel pipes
Sleeping bags
Night vision glasses - like Rue had
Thin and thick rope
Swords
Daggers
Spears
First aid kits
Bandages
Knives
Flashlights
Torches
Matches
Lighters
Gallons of rum - (Sorry, I had to do this! I’ve been watching Pirates of the Caribbeans. Though, technically this is something you can use.)

Rules:

-> No god-modding of any kind. These are average kids, and most of them don't know squat about fighting or survival, or at most one of the two.
-> No heavy romance. They are trying to kill each other.
-> Violence is encouraged, but don't get too descriptive.
-> Only swear if it adds to your character. Don't overuse, or have a swear word every other word.
-> Don't make things to easy for your character. They could lose their life at any second, and it's going to be hard. Make sure that if they haven't drinken in a long time, then they get dehydrated and the side effects that go along with it. Likewise for everything else, also.
-> Only join if you're committed.

Districts: Author's Note: When making your character from a certain district, make sure that they are believably developed according to their district. Example: People from District 4 are going to be good fisherman, and will know how to make knots. People from Districts 1, 2, and 4 will most likely have had training, and may have volunteered. They often form early alliances. Give your characters skills from their district, and don't give them skills they would never have had a chance to learn.
Spoiler! :

District 1 (Luxury Goods for the Capitol)

Girl - DEAD
Guy - TheGreatIthy -Ivan Istor
District 2 (Medicine)
Girl -
Guy - DEAD
District 3 (Machinery/Factories)
Girl - ninjacookiemonster - Andrea Quincy (goes by Andi or Curse, rarely responds to Andrea)
Guy - ninjacookiemonster - Falco Quincy
District 4 (Fishing)
Girl - DEAD
Guy - DEAD
District 5 (Livestock)
Girl - Junglelover - Izzy (Izzy is short for Isabella) Fox
Guy - Junglelover - Ryan
District 6 (Scientific Research)
Girl - DEAD
Guy -TheGreatIthy - Leon Echelon
District 7 (Lumber)
Girl - DEAD
Guy - DEAD
District 8 (Weaving/ Clothes-making)
Girl - DEAD
Guy - Dragonet - Kace (short for Kacey)
District 9 (Hunters)
Girl - pinkangel54123 - Chase Smith
Guy - ultraviolet - Jeremy Michaels
District 10 (Mathematical Research)
Girl - Dead
Guy - DEAD
District 11 (Agriculture)
Girl - ultraviolet - Acacia Lane
Guy - pinkangel54123 - Echo Skylark
District 12 (Coal)
Girl - DEAD
Guy -DEAD

Character Profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:

District:

Appearance/Picture:

History:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Personality:

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are clear on the terms of the alliance.

Your Symbol:

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day):

Other:

Who will survive?
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-dead
-TheGreatIthy -Ivan Istor
Last edited by Calligraphy on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 39 times in total.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:36 am
ultraviolet says...

Name: Acacia Lane

District: 11

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: Acacia's family is very poor. She has three little sisters and a little brother. She had a brother, Red, who, four years ago at the age of sixteen, volunteered for the games in the place of a scrawny twelve year old boy. While everyone thought that he had done it out of sheer compassion, Acacia knew differently. All his life he had dreamed about winning the games in order to give a great life to his little siblings. He and Acacia, in secret, watched almost all of the old Hunger Games. Because of that strategy planning, he got very far in the games, making it to the final three. However, he died then and everyone was crushed.

Before he left, Acacia made it apparent that she wanted to try too, if he didn't make it; seeing all of the old games was very reality hitting. Red made Acacia promise that if he didn't make it, she must wait until she was sixteen to volunteer, just like he did, because, really, they had next to no chance them. But in a turn of events, having taken out a grand number of fifty tesserae to give her family, Acacia was reaped, and didn't need to volunteer. Now, she's determined to win no matter what.

Skills: She is very quick and light on her feet. She can sneak around almost completely silent, and is very good at throwing knives and things. She can jump from tree to tree, compliments of years spent on the top branches in the orchards. She is very strategic, and very clever. Watching game after game, she has a very good idea on how things work, as in how people react too things.

Weaknesses: Is fairly small for her age; she looks about twelve. She's also not very strong. She's never wielded a weapon bigger than a small knife, and has had no training.
posting.php?mode=edit&f=7&p=752492
Personality: She is very intense; she's going to win out of sheer determination. She has no doubt that she's going to win because she's willing to do anything to win. She'll never give up, ever. She's doing this for her family, and she'd do anything for them, which is why, had she not been reaped, she would have volunteered as soon as she turned sixteen.

Up For Alliances?: Wouldn't you like to know.

Other: She hates the Capitol with a passion. They take twenty-three kids every year, and they took her brother. If creating a better life for her family weren't enough motivation to keep going no matter what, this would do it.

Other-other: She is VERY pale with red hair. She burns really easily, though she has managed to protect herself enough.

Willing to post: 1-2

Symbol: It was her brother's. Once he won, he wanted more than anything to get a motorcycle. Except, of course, he didn't win. It's not a pocket watch, just a necklace, solely for decoration.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by ultraviolet on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Claiming a girl from District 9. If need be, I'll take a boy from a different District too.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random avatar

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 am
Calligraphy says...

Thanks both of you. :D I will let you know later on pink angle thanks for offering.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:07 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Name: Chase Smith

District: 9

Appearance/Picture: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/people/#/d2ingtf Imaine her with straight black hair and a tan from being outside hunting.

History: Her family is good at what they do. Chase is very shy when talking to other people since she is an only child. Even though her mother hunts for the family, she didn't get much education to help them get food for dinner. She likes using her pocketknife the most, but she still knows how to use a crossbow. Her father wouldn't let her be in the same room when the games were on, but he and her mother watched them every year. Although she knew that she didn't have to, Chase submitted her name in two more times to get more oil and grain because Chase's mother was pregnant and couldn't hunt for the family. Her father didn't have time to hunt because of his job.

Skills: She is very good at using the pocket knife in both close range and faraway situations. If she doesn't want to be seen, then she won't be. Also, she can be very quite while she's hunting or waiting. She has a lot of stamina, but isn't nescessarialy a good runner.

Weaknesses: When she runs, she makes a lot of noise. If she gets nervous, she starts to become clumsy. She knows how to use a crossbow, but it's often too big in her hands and slows her down.

Personality: She's a quite person, but she can be fierce. She doesn't like if people take something that's hers, but she'll steal something that is anyone else's without hesitation. She acts like she is innocent and quite so that people will trust her and then she can use that against them when she needs to.

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are clear on the terms of the alliance. Yes

Other: She wears a necklace that her father gave her as a Reaping Day present. It was also because she put her name in two more times than she needed to. He got it from The Capitol when he went there to sell hunting goods. http://girl-on-the-moon.deviantart.com/art/Necklace-95698199

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 1-2
Last edited by pinkangel54123 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Please don't hate me... I'm taking a girl. (See, told you you'd hate me.)

Name: Andrea Quincy (goes by Andi or Curse, rarely responds to Andrea)

District: 3

Appearance/Picture: Small for her age, curve-less, stick thin. Has wavy-curly orangey red hair that's basically untamable, and blue eyes. Never seen without a smudge of grease and oil on her skin.

Spoiler! :

History: She was born to a family of auto mechanics, and as her brother says, was welding at the age of four. She ate, drank, and breathed mechanics, thriving in the business and very rarely leaving the shop, which was attached to her family's home. Her room is set up in a large closet in the shop, in fact. When she was eleven, she started inventing, and now has practically an arsenal of gadgets built of odds and ends. No one of her inventions has just one use- her best weapon is her switchblade, which has... oh, twenty functions? The fact that she won't be able to use them makes her incredibly upset- but she reassures herself by thinking she'll make something in the Games. Improv work tends to be her best.

But, now that you know of her oil-in-the-blood nature, it's time to go a little deeper. After she was born, a series of tragedies struck, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam. Her mother died giving birth to her, and three of her brothers died in an accident a year later. Her father died in a fire when Andi was nine, her only sister going down with him. To top it off, the brother closest to her age, and her favorite brother, became blind after an explosion on the other side of the district. To sum up: six family deaths before she had turned twelve, and her brother going blind.

Her brother, Liam, is the only family she has left. She loves him to death, and will do anything to protect him. (He's seventeen and blind- what else is she supposed to do?) When he started talking about the Games, she freaked out, thinking he'd volunteer, and put her name in more than necessary, hoping to protect him.

Skills: is a modern-day MacGyver, able to do anything, with anything. Resourceful, can go pretty long without food. Fast and strong, quick reflexes. Way stronger than she looks, and bears pain well.

Weaknesses: Will panic without her technology, and some of her weapons require maintenance. She's got the classic redhead temper- making her the brunt of your jokes is, essentially, ensuring a painful death. She's jumpy and hyperactive, and socially awkward. She doesn't eat as much as she could, or should, and this puts her at risk for blacking out at any time.

Personality: Feisty and bold, comes off as fearless. She'll defend what she loves to the bitter end and is a bit of a spitfire. Confident and sharptongued, a force to be reckoned with. She's stealthy and cutthroat, and though she doesn't go looking for fights (she avoids them, in fact), if she gets in one, she must have the last word. But if you're close enough to her, she'll laugh with you, care for you, and ask questions incessantly. Caring's in her nature -having a blind brother, however capable he is, will make sure it is, but don't expect her to drop to her knees and perform CPR on a stranger.

Up For Alliances?: Eh, if she thinks it'll work out.

Your Symbol: A circuit board, of course.

How much are you willing to post: 2 or 1. I'm pretty good with posting, I think.

Other: Nickname is Curse because of the events that occurred only after her birth. Bitter, eh?

Wears this necklace- the circuit board can be inserted into any of her gadgets.

Spoiler! :

(By the way, I haven't read Hunger Games... help me out in that department.)
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:13 pm
ultraviolet says...

Why are we all 14 year old girls?
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:13 pm

O.O

I'm changing my age...
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:19 pm
Calligraphy says...

PinkAngle good.

Cookie- I know you haven't read the books so I will give you some slack. The contestants are chosen at random so there would be no rumors going around about someone being chosen. The names are actually chosen out of a big glass ball. Also, you won't be taking your own weapons into the arena you can only get what is in the Cornucopia. If you want something for your character you can P.M. me. I might give it to you .. or not. :D

side note - I am about to change the character profile. Every contestant gets to choose a symbol to represent their district so I am adding that. For those of you who already have a piece of jewelry you could just make that it.

Under alliances you can also list who you are going to be in an alliance with.

A. S.

P.S. Yes someone needs to change their age... if possible two people.

57 Reviews

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm

I edited. ^_^
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 am
Calligraphy says...

Come on people Join!

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 am
Junglelover says...

I want to join! But I should read over the thing one more time before making a character.
I can't do it tonight....
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm
Calligraphy says...

Great, if you make it a girl just make sure not to have the same age of all the others.

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 pm
View Likes
Junglelover says...

I have decided to do a boy..... and a girl...

Name:Ryan Hunt

District: 5

Appearance/Picture:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

History: Lived on the outskirts of town on a HUGE farm, where his parents had tons of animals. They were very rich, and would sometimes buy wild animals.
His best and only friend was Izzy Fox.

Skills: Bow and arrow, throwing knives, defense, wrestling.

Weaknesses: He has a hard time deciding for himself, without Izzy, he's lost. Can't kill anyone up close. He needs work on his dodging skills.

Personality: He cares about animals. He's depressed one day, then happy the next.

Up For Alliances?: If Izzy's up for it.

Your Symbol:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

Willing to post : I'll be willing to post at lest 2. but if you don't hear from me one day, it's probable because my mom says "CP free day!". She does that sometimes.

Other: will stands beside Isabella, not matter what. Izzy his best friend, and will follow her anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Izzy (Izzy is short for Isabella) Fox

District:5

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
emo girl highlights.jpg
emo girl highlights.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 947 times

History: Izzy has never know her father, he ran away when she was born, her mother soon died after. Izzy then went to like with her Grandparents next door. But then they both died in a car crash. After that, Izzy was past from one household to another, all in the same town. None of them worked out for her. She had only one friend, Ryan, and they were always hinging out with each other. Then one day after everyone had given up on her, they decided to send her to an orphanage. Izzy didn't want to leave Ryan, so she ran away from the house that she was staying to an abandoned farm house on the outskirts of town. There she lived until she and Ryan decided to volunteer for The Hunger Games.

Skills: She's a good leader, quick reflexes, very seldom afraid, fighting,

Weaknesses: Can't pretend to be any one she's not. not very light on her feet. clumsy, bad tempered, very sensitive about her past.

Personality: Loves a good laugh, danger, endurance, getting dirty.

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are clear on the terms of the alliance. Yes

Your Symbol:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 2

Other:
Last edited by Junglelover on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K., I will let you know what I think when you finish.

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates