z

Young Writers Society

A World of Chances (Started)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:29 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

((Gonna be gone until Friday, sorry guys.))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Carrie

Carrie checked her watch nervously as she struggled through the airport security line. The plane was due to start boarding in about fifteen minutes. If she missed this plane... Carrie rolled her eyes. She wouldn't miss the plane. She couldn't.

After a few more minutes of waiting in line, Carrie was finally buzzed through. Carrie jumped to grab her camera bag and backpack from the conveyor belt. She shoved her tennis shoes back on, and started jogging to the departure gate. She saw a group of people around her age gathered. Carrie felt a thrill of excitement ring throughout her. This was it.

"Hi," said Carrie breathlessly. "Are you the - ?"

"Yes," chorused the group, looking bored. Carrie giggled, hiding a blush.

"I guess everyone has been asking, huh?" she said, dropping her backpack by her feet. "I'm Carrie, by the way."

The others introduced themselves quickly, but Carrie felt a distinct sense of tension in the group. Carrie wondered what had happened.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 am
Sassafras says...

Ryan

"Rissa, hurry!" I yelled at the bathroom door. "We're going to miss the plane!" Nervously, I ran shaking fingers through my hair. "Si vous n'avez pas de sortir de la salle de bain en ce moment, je pars sans toi!" I heard something clatter to the ground before the door burst open. She stood in front of me, her auburn hair straight and, as always, glossy and beautiful. Her perfect red lips were pouting.
"You can't rush perfection, brother." I scowled and tapped my watch.
"We have less than ten minutes," I snapped at her.
"Then drive fast," she retorted. I grabbed her by her thin wrist and dragged her out the door.

Rissa

We finally made it to the airport, I could already see a group of people about to board the plane. Quickly, I got out the car and walked towards the group.
"Hold the plane," I yelled, "we're here." Brother and I jogged up tot he rest of the people and I smiled, introducing the both of us.

**I know it's short and bland, but it's just a starter. I suppose we could kick this thing into high gear now.**
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:38 am
Kaywiia says...

Jenni Cooper-NYU

Before I even knew what was happening, we were past security. We all had first class tickets destined for London, England. It wouldn't be my first time there, I had been there several times when I was younger, but I didn't remember much.

I looked out the window for a while. I was seated beside a guy named Ryan. His sister was coming too, and I thought that was sweet. I wished I had a brother or sister, but I was never that lucky. About an hour into the ride, I started talking to Ryan.

"What college are you from?" I asked, suddenly curious. I had been thinking about where everyone was from, and since I was sitting so close to him I might as well find out. I though NYU was a really cool college, but I was a little biased. The campus was really pretty, and I loved the whole school.

"A&M, what'd about you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Um, NYU. I was going to be a movie director, but then I got the letter and I was like 'well this could be fun' and so I came, and I have no regrets."

"Cool," he nodded a little.

"Where do you really hope we go? Personally, I want to go to India, but visiting France again would be nice. I miss home, and my dad. Never mind. Where do you want to go?"
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 pm
CardDragon says...

Reno.

I was excited we were going to London,England. Since my father died we hadn't ever traveled on an airplane.
My mother was to haunted about losing her husband and my father. To my mother,airplanes symbolized death and destruction, especially after 911. I tried to tell her that dad would still want us to travel. Unfortunately she never listen and that is why I am so excited to go somewhere. Well back to the present. I was excited thought it did not mean I was having a good time. My seat was towards the outside, next to me was Derek and by the window was Carrie.
They had started a conversation,but all I had was books. Since you could not use computers on board.
I read for a while ,but their constant chatter drove me insane. So I placed the book down.
"so, how did you people get the letter?" I asked trying to start a conversation.
"the same way you did".Pouted the demon, Derek.
"You mean to tell me my pet pig brought the letter to me.No way!"I joked.
"Did a toy robot bring yours". Derek retorted.
"Well I see land". Carrie said before I could respond.
[color=#FF0000]I AM SICK PHANTOM![/color]

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia