Young Writers Society

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

**PM me if you'd like to join. I'll give you a character**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_0Zb0AXVqE

Legend tells of a band of noble Guardians, sworn to vanquish evil, and to save our Kingdom. But they remain lost in the mists of Ga'Hoole. Hidden to all, but those who believe.

Plot:
You are an owl, living alone. You have been orphaned, left for the owls of St. Aggie's to brainwash you to become soldiers. You and some of your friends escape, and meet more along the way. You seek out the Guardians, and defeat the St. Aggie's owls. You have been told you're crazy, but your friends have the same beliefs, and you find them. Once you find the Guardians, you are trained to fight, and defeat these evil owls.

Characters
Spoiler! :
Soren (Reserved by Thegirlwholived): A male Barn Owl- Soren was born in the Kingdom of Tyto, where he lived with his father, Noctus, his mother, Marella, his two siblings, Kludd and Eglantine, and the family's nestmaid, a blind snake named Mrs. Plithiver. He was snatched by patrols from St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls after Kludd pushed him from the nest. He later escaped with his friend Gylfie and together the two met Twilight and Digger before journeying to the Great Ga'Hoole Tree.

Gylfie (Reserved by Isha): A female Elf Owl- Gylfie was hatched in a cactus in the Desert of Kuneer and was snatched by patrols from St. Aggie's after trying to fly before her wings had completely fledged. She escaped with Soren, and after befriending Twilight and Digger, came to the Great Ga'hoole tree. She's fun-loving and loves to joke, but is serious when she needs to be.

Twilight: A male Great Grey Owl- Soren and Gylfie meet him after escaping from St. Aggie's. He claims that he taught himself everything about surviving (at the orphan school of tough learning),and was abandoned within hours of hatching. He is very confident and boastful, and is constantly singing songs about himself, but he still has a very good heart.

Digger: A very smart tracking Burrowing Owl- Born in the Desert of Kuneer, he was separated from his parents when St. Aggie's attacked his family and ate his brother.

Shadow: A huge male Whiskered Owl- He is wise, scarred, and intellegent. Soren and friends meet him on the way, and he agrees to come with them. He was a Guardian but got lost. He does not tell them he was, and he more or less leads the way there.

Profiles:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Age: (Soren, 9 months, Gylfie, 9 months, Twilight, 4 years, Digger, 2 years, Shadow, 7 years.

History: (copy & paste from above)

Personality: 9Follow the basics from above, but add a twist to it if you want.

Appearance: Feel free to get actual pictures of the characters)

Up for love?:

Other:

Flaws (required):

Rules:
1) NO GODMODDING! If I find any godmodders, I'll ask you to delete your post and have someone else take it
2)Standard YWS rules
3) Cursing allowed, but don't drop the F bomb on us

The reserved seats are in the description.

Begin with the escape of Soren and Gylfie, in the first five posts, we'll have everyone meet everyone else. The body of it will be the journey to Ga'Hoole, and training to fight.
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Name: Soren

History: Soren was born in the Kingdom of Tyto, where he lived with his father, Noctus, his mother, Marella, his two siblings, Kludd and Eglantine, and the family's nestmaid, a blind snake named Mrs. Plithiver. He was snatched by patrols from St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls after Kludd pushed him from the nest.

Personality: Soren is brave, and very warm hearted. He's a bit stubborn at times, and has fierce belief in the Guardians. If you can sweet talk him, he'll change his mind, but good luck.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Up for love: Yep.

Other: None.

Flaws: Extremely tempermental. Has a slight attitude if you insult him.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 pm
eldEr says...

Name: Gylfie

History: Gylfie was hatched in a cactus in the Desert of Kuneer and was snatched by patrols from St. Aggie's after trying to fly before her wings had completely fledged. She escaped with Soren, and after befriending Twilight and Digger, came to the Great Ga'hoole tree.

Personality: Gylfie is farely optimistic and loves to have fun. She likes to joke around and has a very good sense of humour, though if there's something she sees amiss, she will become very serious. She hates seeing her friends upset, and hates it even more when they're in pain. She's very determined and has a tendancy to be independant. Loves adventure and gets bored easily.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Up for love?: Sure

Other: Her eyes are two different colours, one is blue and the other is green.

Flaws (required): She can't fly for two long at one time, and her left wing is permanently bent from her fall when she was little. She's a little too stuborn at times and often refuses to ask others for help until she's got herself into some serious trouble.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Come on, people! We need more charries! I should probably open it to everyone...hm.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Moo says...

Making your own owl would have been much more fun. Otherwise it turns into a fanfiction of some sort. I might be interested if you change the format to writer's own characters...
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

It would still be an SB, not a fanfic. I told these people they could add their own twist to their charries if they liked, and they did. I gave them a general outline of the story, and they're going to use it, making whatever they want to happen happen when they go.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm
Moo says...

Fine, a collab fanfic, if you must. I'm out then. Thought I'd let you know.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson