z

Young Writers Society

The Quest

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:44 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

I wrote this story when I was little, but I thought it would make for an interesting storybook.

Plot

There are queens/kings over each region in the land of Dragonia.

Forest- FILLED UP: phantom of the potter, Rayne Child
Desert- ONE SLOT OPEN: allmixedup
Ocean- ONE SLOT OPEN: Howler
Arctic- FILLED UP: Talapaulwic, Chupatoasta
Meadows- FILLED UP: Chupatoasta, fictionfanatic
Mountains- ONE SLOT OPEN: Forestqueen808

Darkness is overshadowing the land. Plants are wilting, animals and people alike are dying. The rulers must send a knight/knightess to figure out why this is happening. This, is your job. Go on the quest, and try and find out why, and stop it. Meanwhile, three outcasts of Dragonia plot to bring the land to darkness and rule it by themselves. These outcasts also hold mystical powers to shapeshift into dark creatures. (Instead of a knight/knightess you are welcome to be one of the outcasts.)

Names of outcasts:
Fallen
Night
Mark

Here is you character pallate, choose which side, and which character you are.

Spoiler! :
Name:

Side:

Region you come from:

Animal:

Appearance:

History:

Personality:

Other:

No one will play the rulers, you can either be dark, or a knight/knightess. But the knights/knightesses can also transform into animals. The quest will begin as soon as we get some slots filled up!
Last edited by Forestqueen808 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:02 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Naomi

Side: the good guys?

Region you come from: Desert

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: Naomi's father was a knight, and he wanted a son. But instead, he got Naomi. So Naomi grew up trying to prove herself, training to be a knightess. Her mother cherished her, but her father paid no mind to her, when she finally became a knightess she expected things to change. But they didn't. Her father still disowned her. One day he just. Left. No one knows where he went. But he is gone.

Personality: She's a bit of a killjoy. It takes a lot to make her laugh, she's very focused, which helps her in battle. She can seem kind of, distant at times. She would be the one, sitting in a group of people, staring blankly ahead,

Other: Up for love
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I claim a spot for the Forest region.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

151 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:35 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Lisiana

Side: Good

Region you come from: Mountains

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance: Lisiana has dark hair and fair skin due to the constant clouds over the tips of the mountains. Her eyes are a sky blue. She is an averege height and weight.

Spoiler! :

History: Its always been Lisiana and her mom. Her mom always wanted her to be prim and proper, when she longed to be exploring her mountainous home. Her mother always told her she would marry well, and live happily ever after, but Lisiana didn't want that. So she ran away. When she left, she became a knightess under the watchful eye of the Queen of the Mountain region.

Personality: Lisiana is gentle, but very protective when it comes to friends and family. She is quiet, and keeps a lot of things to herself. Many people are surprised that she is a knightess.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 am
Howler says...

I'll claim a spot for the ocean!
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:20 am
phantom of the potter says...

Name: Cyrus Rowan

Region you come from: Forest

Animal: Grizzly Bear (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=grizzly+bear#/d130i8j

Appearance: Cyrus has strong features, chestnut hair, and deep brown eyes. (http://jackieocean.deviantart.com/art/Ranger-43850152?q=boost%3Apopular+ranger&qo=4

History: Cyrus was raised as a child in a very large family. Cyrus has 4 sisters and 5 brothers. All of them joined the Forest Guard in their middle-teens. He's very family-oriented, and is somewhat the caretaker of all of his younger siblings.

Personality: Cyrus comes across as the strong and silent type when you first meet him. But he is just watching, really. Soon he will warm up into a slightly sarcastic, very noble, bold gentleman. He tends to still be slightly stiff, but he is not above a hearty laugh when one is warranted.

Other: Up for love.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Try Wolfe

Region you come from: Arctic

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History:

Personality:

~~

Name: Audie Wilde

Region you came from: Meadow

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History:

Personallity:

Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:17 am
Howler says...

Name: Marco Paloken

Side: The guys of good (good guys)

Region you come from: Ocean

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Well, the outfit is far less modern (less buttons and no pockets, specificly the one on the crotch), and he uses two daggers as his weapon (holstered on the sides of his belt), with some throwing knives in the sleeve.

History: Marco was born with a dream and a life; to be the master knight of the ocean territory. At a young adult age, he managed to reach a high skill in his combat and skipped most of the infantry positions to go straight to the top of the chain. How did he get so lucky? He made a bet with the leader of the time to fight a duel with the knight for his job, and by a miracle, he won. Marco became as much a knight as a hero and a political leader, making many decisions that would be those of the king. One of those decisions was to perfectly legalize the betting system that Marco got his job in the first place, and ten years later, nobody has beaten him and taken the job.

Personality: Very confident, inviting, welcoming, but comes with a price of brutal honesty and extreme cockiness.

Other: I'm a little bit hungry now. How does this relate to the character? Good question.

"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:59 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Claim good person from Meadows!
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:18 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Bluebell Rain

Region you come from: Meadow

Animal:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Her hair is white with black streaksImage

History: Bluebell's parents let her and her sisters run free. Bluebell grew up with her own rules, able to do as she pleased, and to be free. Her sisters took advantage of this. As did Bluebell up until she turned ten. Then she began training to be a knightess.

Personality: Bluebell is a free spirit who doesn't like to be told what to do or to be tied down. She's a very happy and friendly person.

Other: She usually has a lot of cuts and scrapes from running and frolicking.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:46 am
RayneChild says...

This sounds like fun :)

Name: Aylen Kingsley

Region you come from: Forest

Animal:
Spoiler! :
A kitty :3

Appearance: Her eyes are a very bright, crystal blue
Spoiler! :
This is tattooed across her back:
Spoiler! :

History: Aylen was born in a small town just outside the forest. Her mother died during her birth and her father died of a rare sickness when Aylen was 9. For ten years, she's been living in the forest in an abandoned cottage, fending for herself, though she's found it to be relatively easy.

Personality: A little bit shy, Aylen has loved living in the forest. She is very fast and agile, and skilled with a bow and arrow. She tends to make friends very easily, with people and animals alike. She enjoys fighting and loves being a knightess, even at her young age. She often tries to be a peacekeeper, but she has a quick temper and is annoyed easily. Though she tries to avoid it, Aylen sees violence as a first resort, rather than a last one. She loves reading about worlds of fantasy, and is a very whimiscal and romantic sort of person.

Other: Up for love. This is the cottage she's living in:
Spoiler! :
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=the+charm+maker%27s+cottage#/d1ww32x
Last edited by RayneChild on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:00 am
fictionfanatic says...

Oh wait, someone has meadow already. Can there only be one?
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Name: Erich Nestel

Side: The Dark.

Region you come from: Arctic

Animal: A White Dove.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Erich is taller then most other men, and he's proud of it. He has broad shoulders and a very muscular build making him seem taller then he actually is. Something about his presence sucks some of the light out of the surrounding area. Being from the Arctic region he wasn't exposed to much sun, and has very pale skin. It's nearly the color of the snow itself. In addition his hair is bright blond, almost white itself. It's well tended for, very clean, and very short. Under his nose he has a mustache of the same color, it's well tended for. He treats it like his most prized possession.

His armor defies what you would imagine for a dark knight of his stature. All of his armor is white with a golden trim. It's made to reflect light to blind enemies as well as help hide the night better among the snow. Around his legs he has a heavy chain-mail skirt with large thick plates of metal on to assist in keeping his legs safe while still providing ample mobility. Like any proper knight he wears a thin layer of chain-mail under the rest of his armor for safety. His boots are heavy, but made of a thinner metal then that on his skirt, chest, or shoulder pieces. His gloves are much lighter and have more chain mail then metal plates. Despite that it still has enough small metal plates to keep his hands properly protected. His chest piece is heavier then all the rest, in fact it's heavier then most other knights and it slows him down. However this keeps his chest very well protected against arrows and swords. This piece is very rounded. It connected to plates on his arms. His shoulders are one piece and nothing fancy. They connect around both sides of the neck and cover his neck too. As is required by his leader he wears his helmet whenever he is in his armor. It's a standard white helmet with a white feather on top.

He's well bathed for a knight. Though under his armor he smells quite good, the armor itself it vile smelling. Years of sweat and blood stain the inside of it. Though he washes it he cannot get all the smells out.

His steed is a very tall white horse. From spending time in the Arctic that horse and it's family had grown longer fur. When he travels to other lands he has to shave it to keep it from overheating.

History:
Spoiler! :
He was a part of a normal family. Slight famine going around. Nothing severe. When each family had an able bodied child of the age of ten the royal army would come and take them away from their family. When they took him for training as a knight he never saw his family again. He had even forgotten what they looked like. This was the same with the other knights in his region.

The training was intense. If you did well, you got to eat well. If you did poorly, you were fed just enough to keep you well. Erich did well at times, but he also had his bad days. Five years later it was decided who would go in to be in the superior section of the army, and who would be the men that charged in the front and served as armored human shields. Erich was lucky enough to go into the superior section.

This training was more rough and horrible then the previous training. They nearly worked him to death every day and only allowed him five hours of sleep each night. It was five more years before he earned his knighthood. By then he felt like he could take on any foe. Ten years of vigorous training had gotten him to as good as he could be. At that point his armor felt light.

Personality: He was told that there were other lands that didn't believe in the same way of life as the people in his land did. He was also told that they had to be shown the way through violence. He honestly believes this and it has become his code of life. So other then killing you for believing in a different lifestyle he's a very nice guy. Very caring, passionate, and very protective. His horse is his best friend, he named it Lucy. He also likes kittens. He doesn't really know that the world is dying, but he really couldn't be bothered to care less. After ten years he just does what he believes is best for his land.

Other: Up for love.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

151 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:45 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Preferrably two from each place at the most, but I guess if you want there can be more. It seems like we have a lot of people, so let's hurry and get those profiles posted up and get started!!! As soon as the last few people who claimed a spot put their profiles up we can get going!

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

151 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Lisiana

The blade in my hand went through the target perfectly, sending a smile across my face. I had pride in my swordfighting skills. It was what people noticed about me. They also noticed that I didn't talk a lot, but is that really noticing? My heart pounded as I spun around and stabbed another target that was moving slightly due to the page behind it.

"Good work milady," the page said before he was interrupted by another young page rushing up to me, out of breath.

"The queen wants to see you," the second page said. "Right away."

I felt my eyes widen and I quickly put away my sword and left the pages standing there. I ran up the stairs to the gate of the castle and went through, my heart pounding. What did the queen want with me? What was to be done? Was I to be rewarded? Or punished...?

"I'm here to see her majesty," I said. Her lady in waiting nodded and lead me to the throne room, where Queen Valia was sitting, her firey red hair up in a bun and her golden crown glittering. "You wanted to see me your majesty?" I asked, kneeling down on the floor.

"Yes," she said. "Please, stand up." I did as I was told. "Lisiana, you are a fine knightess. Your skills are remarkable and your courage and honesty is the best I have seen. That is why I have called you here." I looked into her deep green eyes, was I to be granted some honor? "I want you to go on a quest with men and women from the other regions."

I felt my mouth drop. A quest... A quest! I was to be trusted with a quest! "What kind of quest milady?"

"You will meet up with the other men and women from the regions at the heart of the land, where all the regions edges meet. There, you will meet them. You must find out the reason behind the wilting of crops and constant storms and darkness. Can you do this for me Lisiana?"

I nodded slowly. "I will do my best milady."

"Good, you will leave at dawn. And, a knight or knightess from another region will come to travel with you as well."

"Thank you milady, I will try my hardest and succeed."

"That's exactly what I hoped to hear," Queen Valia smiled at me and I slowly turned, walking through the doors. But as I closed them, I could hear the faint sound of crying in the room I had just left.

"I will not fail," I whispered. "I will not disappoint my queen."

(When Lisiana leaves at dawn anyone can jump in and travel with her.)

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina