z

Young Writers Society

Fate of the World

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm
fictionfanatic says...

This is something me and my friend came up with.

The Begining:

Everything began hundreds of centuries ago. An evil sorcerer, Hemlock, had a plan to rid the world of mortals. Four sorcerers tried to stop him, and failed. Hemlock took each of their souls and powers and put them in his own body. Thus, he had the power of five sorcerers.

There were two left who could possibly defeat him. A brother and a sister, both trained by Merlin. Only together could they do it.

Their fight against Hemlock was long and painful. Hemlock nearly killed the woman. He would have if not for her brother. Her brother temporarily blinded Hemlock and then did the unthinkable to save his sister's life. He took all five powers and souls and put them in his own body. He was weak from the fight so they began to destroy him. His sister cast a spell that put her brother and the five others into her necklace.

When the woman returned to Merlin alone and told him the story Merlin cast a spell on her that would keep her from aging until Hemlock was defeated.

Now:

Hemlock's henchman has been in hiding all this time. But now, she has come out and will do anything to get the woman's neckalce and free her master so that they can continue from where they left off.

You:

Ever since you can remember you've only had one dream. The same dream every night over and over again. Little do you know, that's how the woman is going to be able to find you. You are one of six sorcerers that are going to be trained to defeat Hemlock and the five others he contains. You all live in the same town, and you may or may not know each other. None of you are aware that you are a sorcerer.

The fate of the world is up to you

The Dream:

You see three sorcerers fighting, then just like that you are in the middle of nowhere, nothing but fog around you. You begin walking, and then running. You see a figure in an old, dark red, hooded cloak. All you see is the tip of the person's nose down to their neck, where a neckalce lays. In a woman's voice the figure says to you "You must help me. Please, I can't do this without you." Her voice fades and you see the fighting scene again. You see a woman get blasted into a wall and about to be killed.

Then you are standing on a large version of the cloaked woman's necklace. When you look down into the gem you are standing on you see the faces of six people. The neckalce disappears and you are falling in a pit of blackness. The woman's voice says extremely loudly and pleadingly "Help me!"

Character Template:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Age (17-20 please):

Appearance:

Personality:

Likes/Dislikes:

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Reaction to the dream:

Up for love?:

Other:

I will assign you your power sorce once you post a profile.

Character List:

Trainer-Female-Name---fictionfanatic
Henchman-Female-Name---AllyGrLxOX

Carter-Female-17---Fox
Christina-Female-19---allmixedup
Vorez Bently-Male-19---ReisePiecey
Emily-Female-18---forsakinshadow
Name-Female-Age---jolene
Mikael-Male-18---Skull
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Christiana *Ti, Chris*

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Over all Chris is a likable person. But try and pick a fight with her and she'll beat the guts out of you. One day she can be a super pain, and the next, she's the nicest person you'll ever meet, kind of like she has a split personality. She enjoys the company of tough people, people who don't like to be messed with. She isn't very talkative, but can be a flirt. It's pretty hard to make her laugh.

Likes: Music, fighting, light and heavy rain, winning, dancing, big dogs
Dislikes: being interrupted, heavy heat, losing, being insulted, being called Chrissy, cats

Strengths: Great at hand and hand fighting, Pretty fast on her feet, doesn't know when to give up *good and bad?*
Weaknesses: bad aim, not strong physically, Can't swim, allergic to cats, doesn't know when to give up

Reaction to the dream: She doesn't know what to make of it, therefore she ignores it

Up for love?: Of course, and she's Bi

Other: Has a paw print tattoo on the small of her back...
Spoiler! :
Last edited by SisterItaly on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 pm
View Likes
jolene says...

Name: Evelyn Huffman

Age (17-20 please): 18

Appearance:

Spoiler! :

Personality: she is really nice and cares for everyone but she does have a backbone in her when she needs it...she can be shy around people at first..but then she relaxes after a while

Dislikes: Total jerks who pick on people. snakes

Strengths: she is good at healing people and good at bow and arrows

Weaknesses:she is not good at running

Reaction to the dream: She is scared and it is like she got sucked into the dream because she sweats and shivers and screams everytime she has the dream...

Up for love?: yeah!

Other: She kinda likes both genders but she likes males more

this below is her power source..
Attachments
2297460478_a5c3a3b2ff.jpg
this is her Power Source
2297460478_a5c3a3b2ff.jpg (107.26 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Last edited by jolene on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:27 pm
Fox says...

Name: Catherine Carter Elizabeth Jones (but she goes by Carter)

Appearance: She is short and slim, sort of pixel like. Her facial features are small and she has rosy cheeks. She's basically small all around, except for her chest. She was always the odd one. Both her parents and little brother have blond hair and blue eyes.

Personality: Carter is really sweet and a bit shy, but she has a really bad temper. She works hard and doesn't get distracted. She is always determined and never gives up. Cater is emotional but tough. She comes across as mysterious and she keeps to herself, but she is really out going. She is always up to any challenge, no matter what the risk, and never backs down. Mess with her and she'll kick your butt. She's also really smart, though: A very confusing and contradicting person, which is how she likes it. She doesn't want people to know a lot about her.

Likes: animals, plants, taking risks, fighting, and nighttime.

Dislikes: thinking too much, laziness, bossy people, and too simple things.

Strengths: She's smart and strategic, and also good at fighting. She is both tough and sweet.

Weaknesses: She has a bad temper, and doesn't like to think too much before acting. She doesn't like to listen to people who try to boss her around and likes to do things by herself, even if help is needed.

Reaction to the dream: She wakes up, panting, and every night tries to figure out the dream: why she keeps having it and what it means. She gets used to it, though, so sometimes she just ignores it.

Up for love?: Sort of...

Other: Lives with her dad, since her mom died, and has an 18 year old brother.
Attachments
blonde.jpg
Her 18 year old brother, Todd
blonde.jpg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 278 times
highlights.jpg
Carter
highlights.jpg (14.03 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Last edited by Fox on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:35 am
phantom of the potter says...

Disregard. My apologies.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:45 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Nevermind, sorry**
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 am
Sassafras says...

This is my first time in a storybook, but I've read some of the other ones and I think I have a good idea as to what should be happening. I claim a guy!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 am
Sassafras says...

Name: Vorez Bently

Age (17-20 please): 19

Appearance: Layered brown hair with random streaks of blond, sterling grey eyes, and and smooth, pale, vanilla colored skin.
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's not the eccentric type, he prefers just laying back and watching things unfold around him. He's really observative and is a very good listener. He never speaks before thinking and always thinks it best to plan out things before jumping into action; he's not the impulsive type. He carries a pad and a pencil on him at all times. He is never seen without it. He is not a morning person at all. The dream keeps waking him up in the middle of the night so he's grumpy and sluggish in the morning until he has his much needed cup of coffee.

Likes/Dislikes:Likes: Writing. Drawing. Observing. Things in order. Rain. Mexican food. Coffee. Full moons. Beaches. Dislikes: Disarray. Things out of order. Chaos. Unnecessary noise. Roses. Hot days. Eggs.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: He is really good at planning and organizing. He does best at sneak attacks and ranged attacks. He can be really silent. Weaknesses: Really bad at most everything if he does not have time to plan for it. He is horrid at close-ranged combat.

Reaction to the dream: He wakes up screaming in the middle of the night every night after he has the dream but he eventually calms down and goes back to sleep, only to have that same dream again.

Up for love?: Yes

Other: He has a pet rabbit named Fluffy.

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:57 pm
Fox says...

Te only reason I claimed a girl so fast is because in almost every SB, I'll end up having to play a guy. I don't mind that, I just wanted to change it up a little and play a girl this time. =)
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'll take a girl, profile will be up in a minute.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:44 am
fictionfanatic says...

Trainer-

Name: Atarah

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Atarah is determined and stubborn. She's not one to hold back the truth unless she needs to. She's patient, but only if you're doing what you're supposed to and not goofing off. She's mostly just a mystery.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Her brother, training people, getting things done, performing magic
Dislikes-Magicians, never aging, being a sorcerer, not being able to complete her task

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths-She's an amazing sorcerer, she knows more than most due to the fact that she's lived so long. She's very convincing.
Weaknesses-Her brother, seeing images of her family,

Other: Her necklace...
Spoiler! :

Her power source...
Spoiler! :
It's a braceletImage
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 am
fictionfanatic says...

The power sources so far (If you want you can post them on your profiles)...

allmixedup-Christiana-
Spoiler! :
ChokerImage

ReicePiecey-Vorez-
Spoiler! :
RingImage

Fox-Carter-
Spoiler! :

As for everyone else...post your profiles!
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:52 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I got it so late.

Name: Emily Strange (aka Emily the Strange)

Appearance: Her eyes are a strange shade of red and brown.
Spoiler! :
That's her pet cat, if that's OK. Her name is Nova.

Personality: She may look dark and mysterious, but she is really nice and sweet. The sound of death makes her sick, and she's pessimistic. She is strong hearted and loving. She doesn't hate anybody, and the feeling of hate. Everyone who sees her calls her Gothic, but she's not sure if she is or not, so she just goes along with it.

Likes/Dislikes: she loves animals, and she hates death.

Strengths/Weaknesses: She is great with animals, she can calm them with ease. She doesn't like fighting, so she can't defend herself.

Reaction to the dream: It frightens her when sh has it and she often finds herself screaming.

Up for love?: Yes, of course! She's bi but she doesn't tell anyone. It's her little secret.

Other: Her necklace and ring:
Spoiler! :

And these are her tattoos. The first one covers her left arm. The second is on her right leg.
Spoiler! :
ImageImage
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:47 pm
Skull3670 says...

Name: Mikael Eisenstein

Appearance: 6ft2 with a mane of shaggy blonde hair and startling sea blue eyes. Since he started work as a blacksmith he has begun to bulk up.

Personality: Open and honest. He enjoys company but occasional his minds wanders and he can become dark and quiet.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes working in the smithy, talking to locals and travelling to other towns. Dislikes rudeness, superstition and needless violence.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: His sheer size and the strength he has gained from working as a smith make him good in combat. His skill in metalwork is all most unbeaten. Weakness: Brutality, suffering and death.

Reaction to the dream: Spirals into his dark moments and will simply spend hours hammering red hot steel. Not to make anything, just to let his feelings out.

Up for love?: Yes

Other: Always wanted to be a knight when he grew up but because he wasn't of noble birth, he can't become one. Has no idea about his powers but they have unknowingly been improving his work.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:00 pm
Sassafras says...

When is this starting?

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild