z

Young Writers Society

Fate of the World

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

We need Jolene and Ally's profile. I'm hoping to start tomorrow.

Power sources-

Emily-

Spoiler! :
BraceletImage

Mikeal-

Spoiler! :
NecklaceImage
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:34 pm
fictionfanatic says...

We can start this now.

You guys can all have your characters waking up from having The Dream. Then throughout their day something happens that leads them to Atarah, whether it be you end up at her shop, at her apartment, runniong into her in the street, she comes into your work, whatever. Anyone can post first.
Live, Love, Laugh

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Sassafras says...

Vorez

I woke up screaming for what had to be the fifth time tonight. The blankets were tangled around my ankles and my pillow was thrown somewhere off to the side of me. I ran trembling fingers through my disheveled hair and let out a shaky sigh. The sunlight was pouring in through my slightly opened window, telling me that I'd no time to go back to sleep. I through my legs over the edge of my bed and shuffled to the kitchen.

"Bleh, I'm not in the mood, Fluffs. Go away." I swatted at the rabbit that was nuzzling my ankle. Giving up, I ignored the rabbit and started pouring my morning cup of coffee. Almost instantly after I took a drink, I felt better. I reached down and petted Fluffy before moving to go in the shower.

After my shower, I put on my clothes and left to go to the park.

My place on the park bench was lovely, I could see everything. An unfinished poem was written on paper and I needed some type of inspiration to finish it. Darn...
"Excuse me, sir," someone called from behind me. I turned around and gasped a bit. There, holding Fluffer, was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen...in my life.
"Yes?"
"Is this your rabbit?" I stood and walked around the bench, taking Fluff out of her arms.
"Yes it is, thank you so much. How did you know?"
"Well, I saw you two walking earlier."
"Thank you. My name's Vorez."
"Atarah," she replied.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Atarah:

Scooping the rabbit into my arms I pet its head. Walking up to the boy I said "Excuse me sir," When he turned to face me his eyes widened a bit. "Yes?"
"Is this your rabbit?" I asked. He stood and walked around the bench. Taking the rabbit form my arms he said "Yes it is, thank you so much. How did you know?"
My soothing voice said "Well, I saw you two walking earlier."
"Thank you. My name is Vorez."
With a nod I replied "Atarah."

There is something about Vorez. Something-different. Taking out my compact mirror I silently cast a spell on it to locate the sorcerers. Vorez's face appeared. Closing it with a snap I put it back. My hand went up to my neck and I traced the ruby that contained Hemlock and the others. Vorez looked at the necklace. First disbelief crossed his face, and then his eyes widened and he seemed a bit frightened.

Before he could say anything I said "Hush Vorez." I handed him a card with an abandoned buildings address on it "Come here at seven o' clock tonight. Take the stairs into the basement. I will explain." With that I gave him a smile and said quietly "See you soon Vorez Bently."

I turned and walked away in search for others. But of course, there was no need for me to be searching today. Today is the day they discover me and then a little bit of their powers will awaken.
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

Chris *I believe this is modern times, correct me if im wrong*

I woke up, after having thatstrange dream again. Dreams are just dreams right? It's not like that could ever really happen, so I shoke it off as usual, and woke up. Sun shining through my satin red curtains. Time to wake up. I sighed and pulled myself out of bed, my medium length red and blacked lace night dress rubbing against my skin. I stumbled into the bathroom for my morning routine. Shower, brush teeth, change, coffee. I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a tight red tanktop.
I chugged back my morning coffee. Savoring the burning sensation in my throat that gave me my morning perk up. I was supposed to meet some friends down at the park today, this would be fun. So I grabbed my jacket and headed out into the world, next stop, park.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 pm
Skull3670 says...

Mikael *I thought it was medieval judging by the powers source's :s*

I woke up covered in a cold sweat, the womans face burnt into my brain. What the hell was going on? Who was she? and what exactly was i supposed to do about it? I clambered out of bed, pulled on my overalls and headed off to the smithy. I quietly open the door and grabbed a medium weight hammer off the wall before stoking up the furnace, grabbing a peice of hot metal and smashing down on it with the hammer.
Clang...clang...clang. The familiar repetitive ringing helped the woman striking features fade.
"Excuse me," came a feminine voice from the door way. I looked up and saw a attractive young woman stood in the door way. Her face seemed hazily familiar.
"Yes?" I asked, unwilling to take my eyes off my work for a second.
"I was wondering if you could possibly fix the clasp on this medallion?" I looked up and she was holding out a fancy looking medal with crimson stones in it.
"Sure. Would you like that delivered or will you be coming in to collect it?" I asked politely remembering my manners.
"Could you possibly deliver it to this address?" She looked up at me (not an uncommon sight when your my height).
"Of course milady. What name shall i put it under?" I asked, but when i looked up she had gone.
How oddm i thought and returned to my work.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:59 pm
AllyGrLxOX says...

ack I'm sorry if this is intereupting the flow of the SB!
but here are my profile(s)!

henchman:

Name: Darcy Crudel

Age (17-20 please): Age is stuck at 20

Appearance: She has long black wavy hair and peircing dark brown eyes.
Spoiler! :
Esha_Gupta.jpg
Esha_Gupta.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 305 times

Personality: She is power thirsty and driven by her need to free her master, she hopes that he'll be grateful for all of her work and give her more power and control than she could ever imagine.

Likes/Dislikes: She likes power and the rush it brings her, she can't stand people who try and act inferior to her.

Strengths/Weaknesses: While in hiding she had time to stregthen her magic so it's stronger than it's ever been before, she's also very charasmatic and tries to manipulate and confuse people. However she hasn't taken on several people in battle for years and is slightly off until she gets the hang of it again.

Reaction to the dream: She's been in hiding waiting for some sort of sign that the time to hunt down the necklace and release her master, now she knows for a fact that for that Atarah is out there trying to train other sorcerers. Well not only can Atarah track people through that dream, but she can also be tracked.

Up for love: Well she's evil....

Other:

I was asked to make a guy so here it goes....

Name: Cade Toof

Age (17-20 please): 17

Appearance: Tall and has dark blue eyes along with blonde hair.
Spoiler! :
edgee.jpg
edgee.jpg (31.19 KiB) Viewed 305 times

Personality: Has wanted to be a doctor his whole life and has been working hard to reach his goal. He set aside sports, girls, practically his social life to dedicate his time to medecine. He's very motivated and a hard worker willing to commit himself.

Likes/Dislikes: Like's his simple life and has hopes of entering the medical field, he doesn't like all this talk of sorcereey and magic.

Strengths/Weaknesses: He is very intelligent and strong, however he doesn't want to except his fate as a sorcerer.

Reaction to the dream: He ignored it for as long as possible, telling himself that it did't involve him.

Up for love?: Sure

Power Source:
Spoiler! :
P2-A026688.jpg
P2-A026688.jpg (85.87 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Last edited by AllyGrLxOX on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

84 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 am
fictionfanatic says...

Hey guys. I see there's confusion with the time period. It is modern day. The only reason the power sources look like that is because she got them a long time ago. So Skull, if you could please edit that post that would be great.

Here's the DT...
topic67820.html

Cade's power source-

Spoiler! :
Bracelet. Ignore the cross thoughImage

Evelyn's power source-

Spoiler! :
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'm afraid that this is going to die before anything happened.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

So sorry for not posting! Could someone bring me in?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 1
Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 pm
Fox says...

Carter

I woke with a start, sitting up and panting. Why did I keep having that dream. I decided I was too tired to think about it much this morning. Looking over at my drawn silk blue curtains, I noticed light shining through. Getting up and adjusting my shorts, I walked over to them and draped them up, squinting as the light shone into my room. The sun was warm through my window, and I looked through it to the park across the street. It would be a good day to visit.

I walked down stairs, my bare feet cold against the tile floor, and got some coffee. With my special 'princess' mug that my father had gotten for me for my birthday in one hand, I grabbed a pad of sticky notes and a pen.

Dad,
Out for a walk in the park.

Carter ♥

I didn't care if I was still in my pj's, something was pulling me to the park. Not many people were there this early in the morning, anyway, so it wouldn't matter. I was wanted to get there as soon as I could.

I slipped my flip-flops on and walked out the door, my coffee still in my hand. It was a perfect day, just the right temperature. Grabbing the newspaper at the end of the pathway from my door on my way, I crossed the street and started heading for the park.

((She lives with her dad, since her mom died, and she has an 18 year old brother. Just thought I'd mention that. I'll probably post a pic of her brother in her profile. BTW, I just got back from camp, so there might be something wrong with my post. Just tell my if there is. Please and Thank You! :D ))
Last edited by Fox on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:26 pm
View Likes
jolene says...

can someone bring me when Fiction gives me a power soruce??

Thanks
~Jo
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

84 Reviews

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:15 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jo, I've given her one already.

Atarah:

After I walked away from Vorez Bently I soon ran into another person, a girl with red hair. "Hello." She said with a cheery smile. I gave her a kind smile and said politely "Hello darling." My smile widened when it struck me. This girl is one of the sorcerers. Holding my hand out to her I said "My name is Atarah. You are?" "Christiana." She said as she shook my hand. I slipped a card into her hand and said "Come here tonight darling. Seven o' clock. Take the stairs to the basement. I shall see you later.
Shortly after my encounter with Christiana I was about to leave the park. As I looked throguh my bag I ran into someone and got burning hot coffee all over me "Oh, I'm so sorry!" The girl said apologetically. I shook my head "No, it's quite all right dear." She seemed a bit worried "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking, it was-" My eyes sparkled with excitment and I said "a coincidence?" She nodded vigorously.

"Well darling, nothing can be done about it now." When I held my hand out to her the silver bracelet's jangled "My name is Atarah." She shook my hand and said "I'm Carter."

Pulling out another card I placed it into her hand "Listen darling, meet me at this adress at seen o' clock. Go down to the basement, but use the stairs. I shall see you later Carter." And with that, I headed back to my shop.
Live, Love, Laugh

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 pm
jolene says...

can someone bring me in please?

~Jo

P.S.

i saw fiction i am a little slow..haha
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:10 am
AllyGrLxOX says...

Cade:

I opened my eyes and sat up shaking, sweat trickled down my forehead as I began to calm myself down. Just a dream...Just a stupid dream. I sighed as my eyes adjusted to the dark, my alarm clock read 8:30, I wished that I could roll over again and drift away into sleep. Oh boy was it tempting! But that would be a grave mistake for then that strangely intriguing cloaked woman would call out to me again, wanting me to help her expecting me to help her.

I wanted to help her, but she was a threat to all I had worked towards my whole life. Thank god it was just a dream. I'd been reassuring myself of this for years, and the dream worked wonders as an alarm clock! I climbed out of bed and switched on the light to my room. The room I slept in was overcrowded by all of my books, papers, and rewards. I put on a pair of pants that had been resting on the top of my laundry basket before I walked down the stairs grumbling to myself about how there should be a medicine to stop unwanted dreams.

My sister, Brianna, was already at the kitchen table scarfing down a bagel and a cup of coffee. She was only on her second year of high school and had a glorious social life, something my studies had deprived me of. Her pretty blonde hair fell to her shoulders as she smiled at me.

"Goooood morning! There's more coffee for you in the machine!" I mumbled my thanks as I began to poor myself a cup, once I was settled at the table Brianna began to chatter aimlessly.

"So mom and dad are out all day and I'm gonna go and chill with Macy, but they want you to go to the grocery store! The list is on the fridge!" I drained the last of my coffee quickly before sighing.

"I'll clean up then go, alright." Brianna smirked, "Fine by me, but who are you cleaning up for exactly?" I looked over at her annoyed to simply see her dash up the stairs. Soon I followed, preparing myself for the day.
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf