z

Young Writers Society

Fate of the World

Reviews: 1
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:04 pm
Fox says...

((I'll bring you in, Jo.))

Carter

"Listen darling, meet me at this address at seen o' clock. Go down to the basement, but use the stairs. I shall see you later Carter." The woman said, and at that she walked away. I stared off at her in wonder. That had been a little strange. Something about her seemed...familiar.

My eyes switched to the card she had given me. Normally, I would have thrown it away, but my curiosity overcame me. I decided I'd go to the address. I had a strange feeling that I should, and that I wouldn't be walking into some torture chamber. I felt reassured that everything was going to be okay.

I looked down at my coffee mug, now empty. Great, now I was out of coffee. I sighed and walked over to a bench, opening my paper and I sat down. Nothing interesting was happening that moment, except for the Rangers being in debt. I didn't really care about that, though. I folded the paper back up and instinctively took a sip from my coffee, before remembering it was empty. There was nothing to do, then, except for admire the nature of the park, something I had been too busy to do for a long time.

I noticed a girl sitting on a bench below a tree. She seemed to be enjoying the nature around her. Just then, the same girl that had talked to me came up to her. She gave her a card, and then after telling her one last thing, walked off. This morning was getting stranger by the minute. The girl looked a little confused at the card, and then turned to say something to the girl, but she had gone.

Something about that girl seemed odd, and I decided to go talk to her. Maybe we could both figure out what was going on together. I sure as heck couldn't think of anything on my own. I got up and walked over to her.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:07 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I forgot all about this SB... :) would someone please bring my character in?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:13 am
fictionfanatic says...

I will forsakin

Atarah:

When I got to my book shop I began organizing and straightening things. The bell rang, telling me that a customer came in. When I looked over I saw a girl, who looked a little depressed if you ask me, came in and walked right to me. "I'm sorry darling, we don't open for another half an hour."

She looked around my shop and said "I saw the sign, but there's something about this place, perhaps something in it, that drew me in here." I gave a small frown. Another sorcerer. That's good of course but this girl seems the dark type, the kind of sorcerer who would join Hemlock. But of course, this made no difference because she is in fact a sorcerer I've been waiting so long for.

I held out a card to her and said "Here darling. Come to this address at seven o' clock. Use the stairs to go down to the basement." She accepted the card, a confused look on her face, and left hesitantly.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:05 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Thank you!

~Emily *the* Strange~

I took the card from her and left the shop, dazed. Why had gone there in the first place? Because there was something about it, I thought, repeating my words. Perhaps something inside. I smiled as I read the card. I knew this town enough to know that this address wasn't a store or house. Not even a restaurant. Where was this place? I guessed I'd find out pretty soon. I nowhere to go now, nothing to do. I could go home to the little house I called home, but I wanted to be free today, do something productive, but I had nothing to do.

I settled for the park, grabbing a coffee on the way there and a hot dog. I sat on a bench, eating the hot dog and drinking my coffee, constantly checking my watch for the time. I was jumpy, but maybe that was just the coffee starting to sink in. I couldn't take it any longer, I stood up and walked to the swings, avoiding the little family playing on the slides. I sat down, coffee still in my hands, and I thought. Which was why I wasn't aware that someone was talking to me until they touched me.

>sorry it's short<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:21 am
fictionfanatic says...

And I believe that Atarah only needs to discover Cade, or the other way around.

Atarah:

Almost the second I flipped the sign a boy walked in, a bag of groceries in his hand. "Can I help you darling?" He shook his head no. But then he nodded "Yes, you wouldn't happen to have any books on medicine would you?" I shook my head, a smile creeping up on my face "No, I can't say that I do. I would assume you'd know that since it says out front that I only sell fiction."

He nodded and looked around "Yeah, I saw it. I don't know why I even came in here." By now the smile had reached me and I was practically beaming. This boy is the last child I needed to find. Finally. "Hold on a second. I might have something." I walked away for a second to get a book. Fiction, but realistic. When I came back I half expected him to be gone but he was still standing there.

Handing him the book I said "This may be a fiction book but the facts are 100% true. It's about a girl with Congestive Heart Failure. She eventually gets a heart transplant so there's stuff about that too."

He began digging through his pockets for money "No need for that." I forced the book into his hand and placed a card on top of it "Just come to this address at seven o' clock. Go down to the basement but be sure to use the stairs. I'll see you later Cade. Have a nice day."

*and now you guys can either carry on with the day until you get up to seven o' clock or you can just go straight to seven o' clock*
Live, Love, Laugh

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 am
AllyGrLxOX says...

Cade:

I stumbled out of the store and ran back home to drop off the groceries before I headed out to the county park. I sat down on a bench that was situated under a tree allowing me to view the whole park. It wasn't till then that I noticed that I was still clutching the slip of paper I'd been given tightly.

I fingered the paper in my hand nervously as I viewed the address, I'd never been to the part of town where this "basement" was. I'd never had any need to visit that part of town, I'd also never been invited over there.
Sweat trickled down my forehead as I opened the book that I'd been given by that strange and somewhat familiar woman. I sighed and decided that there would be no harm in trying a fiction book, so I slowly began to read, wasting time until seven o'clock.
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:01 am
Sassafras says...

Vorez

After dropping Fluffy off at his sitters house - Yes I have a sitter for my rabbit. Is that a problem? - I started off in the direction this lady, Atarah I think her name was, told me to go to.

I arrived at what looked like some type of abandoned warehouse and waited outside until further notice. Was she going to come outside and invite me back in? Or was I to walk in on my own? I looked down at my watch and ran my fingers through my hair, which was, as always, terribly messy. It was only six fifty-three so I suppose I had time to waste. A lot of time to waste.

Sighing, I sat down and looked up at the warehouse. What have I gotten myself into this time?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

84 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

Atarah:

My fingers traced the familiar shape of my necklace as I sat thinking of my brother. I quickly shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and went over to the old wooden chest I had gotten out. Inside it contained everything from before I was frozen.

Carefully taking out the dark red cloak I then shook it out. Closing the lid firmly I wrapped the cloak around me and pulled the hood up over my head. Now, I wait
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:26 am
Fox says...

Carter

I looked at my watch. It said it was six forty-three, but it was always ten minutes late. I meant to fix that, but I always ended up forgetting to. I was watching TV, as I always did during Shark Week, which was probably part of the reason I was terrified to go near water. I was still in my pjs.

For some reason, I felt like I was forgetting something, like there was something I had to do. The sudden memory of this morning at the park came flooding back to me, when that strange, yet somehow familiar, girl had told me to meet her somewhere. My eyes widened and I looked at my clock again, then fished inside my my jacket pocket now hanging over the back of the couch until I found the card.

The card said I was supposed to be there at 7:00...which meant I had 7 minutes to get changed into decent clothes and be at the address, though I had absolutely no idea of its whereabouts. This was just great, but there was no time to think. I rushed up to my room and got changed, being back downstairs by seven forty-five (or so my watch said). I had always been a fast changer.

"I'm going out!" I yelled , halfway out the door, into my house, before rushing outside and into my brother's car. I started the car, then looked around for the card. I checked my pockets and anywhere I might have placed it in the car, but it was nowhere to be found. I groaned. Why did this always happen to me?

I quickly ran back inside and grabbed the card on the island counter in my kitchen then rushed back out to my car. I sighed once I was finally out on the road, then checked the car clock. It was spot on, which meant I had 2 minutes to get to the address the woman gave me. It seemed that no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't make it anywhere on time!

Luckily for me, the strange place was close. It didn't take me too long to find it, and when i finally got there, a boy was about to walk in. The place looked abandoned, and I checked the card to make sure I had the right address. I parked the car, hiding any valuables underneath the seat.

"Hold the door please!" I yelled to the boy walking in. He turned to me, looking confused. Out of habit I checked my watch. Either I was really good, or I was really lucky. Probably just luck, because I was only about 6 minutes late. Thank goodness! That may seem like a lot, but it's nothing compared to other times I've run late.

The only thing that made me a little nervous was the boy. Were more people coming? I shook that off, and the boy and I walked inside. He seemed a little unsettle, so I waited a bit before starting a conversation.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr