z

Young Writers Society

Wanted (Closed)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 am
Mage_Banks says...

Let's begin!!! Since no one chose a family member I am writing for Rose and the rest of the family members. The story really doesnt begin until Rose goes to school and below is the beginning. But, I would love for you guys to post on how your characters got their powers as well as what you think of the beginning of Wanted. Remember that your characters received their powers from the White Rose. Were they tested on or what? You make it up. Can't wait to see them. :D :D

Let's begin...

Rose

The air was frigid and cold, snow covered the roads and trees. I walked slowly, images of what I had done ran across my mind. I gripped my torn coat tightly and began to walk faster. I had to get away, for what I had left behind was far worst than I expected. The White Rose would be after me sooner or later I just knew it. I had to find others like me, I know they were out there.

A car passed by me bringing with it a cold breeze. The people in the car looked at me as if I was crazy. Heck, I began to think that I was crazy. Snowing and I was walking down the streets in a black coat, no hood. I needed to find shelter before I froze to death.

Another car began to come up the other side of the street. It was the car that passed earlier this time the stopped and talked to me. It was a family of three, a Dad, a Mom, and a Daughter.
"Hi, my name is James. This is my wife Tara and daughter Kim."
"Hello." I replied and turned and walked away.
"Wait! Where are you going?!" his wife asked.

"Away from here." I replied loudly.
I couldn't take any chances they could be working with the White Rose.
"Come with us to our home. Its nice and warm and you wont freeze to death." Tara said as they drove slowly by me.
I stopped and looked her in the eyes. If they were working with the White Rose I could get out of it. I needed to get out of the snow.
"Please?" James asked.

"Okay" I replied.
Kim opened the back door and waved for me to get in. I slowly got in and closed the door. James began to drive through the snow slowly, I stared out of the window at the snow covered trees.
"What's your name sweety?" Tara asked.

"Rose." I replied
"Where is your family?"
"I don't have one. They all died." I replied sweeping my jet black hair out of my eyes.
"Oh my." Tara replied sadly "Where are your foster parents?"
"Do we have to talk about this now?" I asked

James looked at his wife and shook his head. Tara knew what he was saying.
"Well, Hi I'm Kim." said his daughter.
She had short blonde hair with a long pink highlight in it. She was pretty and clean.
Compared to my torn cloths and dried blood covered cheeks I was a hobo.
"Hi." I replied giving a quick wave.

We drove through town, it was a pretty small town. I assumed that everyone knew everyone and no trouble went down. Well, that was until I arrived in town. I began to run my fingers through my hair slowly.
"You have such pretty hair." Kim said to me with a smile.

I looked at her and smirked. I had leaves and branches in my hair and it was pretty. Sure I was going for the nature look.
"Thank you." I replied.
"We can wash it when we get to my house. If you want."

"Cool" I replied.
We drove up into a drive way. There house was blue and so pretty. We got out of the car and walked into the house. I stood at the living room and looked around for any trace of the White Rose.

"You need some cloths and a hot shower." said Tara. "Go with Kim. She'll give you what you need."
I looked at Kim and smiled and walked behind her. We walked up the stairs and passed by rooms. I stopped and stared at a small flower pot on the floor.

"What's this?" I asked Kim.
She turned around and came to stand next to me. "Oh thats my pot. I planted some flower seeds but they never grew. I guess I don't have a green thumb she said smiling. The bathroom is right here."
I stared at the flower pot and placed my hand into the soil. It was dry and dead for sure. These people have a lot to learn about life.

Kim gave me some towels and fresh cloths. I took them and walked into the bathroom and closed the door.
"Dinner is in 15 minutes. See you then!" yelled Rose from outside in the hall.
I looked into the mirror and just stared at myself. I had ran away from them and I knew they would find me. And when they do I'll be ready. I took off my cloths and got into the shower.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind