z

Young Writers Society

Way Out West: Difficulties

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Malichai~

Malichai chuckled and nodded, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, my little sister." He stressed the word little. "She's four years younger than myself, and I'm twenty-eight." He'd leave Chaz to do the math. In the mean time, Malichai was looking after the lass who'd saved him, Chaz, and Runt. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, Malichai shooed Duke and Daze off before cutting away more wood.

"How old are ya, Chaz? Jus' wonderin'." Malichai shot him a grin as sweat dripped down his brow. Chaz rose an eyebrow and began to cut the wood again.

"Thirty," he answered, letting out a ragged breath as he yanked a huge chunk of wood from the fallen building. Malichai chuckled softly, and chopped the large chunks into smaller bits, tossing them into the fire. Chaz did the same, and another question rose in Malichai's mind.

"You fancied in Kayla?" He smirked at the older man, before wiping his brow.

Mikayla~

Mikayla walked the other girl over to Dreamer, her horse, and grabbed a water-filled container. The horse had practically been decorated in heavy containers when Kayla had left home, but every empty one that wasn't good enough to keep was thrown out into the hot sands. "Thanks, for saving them... my brother included." She laughed softly, Sabrina looking up at her as she took generous gulps of water.

"Wh-which one's your brother?" She asked raspily, getting her voice back.

"The one without a shirt on, and the cowboy hat," Mikayla chuckled, nodding in Malichai's direction. Her eyes strayed over to the darker man beside him. When he looked up to meet her gaze, she bashfully turned away, cheeks flushed.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:53 pm
SisterItaly says...

Chaz

I looked up at Mali. She was definitely something, how had I not noticed her for the entire trip?
"Maybe, you don't mind do ya?" I asked looking up to him. Didn't matter if he minded or not, but it would sure make things hell of a lot easier for me. Runt hopped out of the bag and landed on the ground with a thump. As I bent down to pick him up he barked and took off. I groaned.
"I'll be right back." I sighed, turning to go after the pup. "Runt! Runt! Heel boy!" I yelled running after him. I could hear someone laughing behind me. Good for that bloke, I just needed to get Runt before he got hurt. As if on cue, Runt stopped. I sighed in relief and picked him up.
"Good boy. Now Mali and I were having a conversation. Don't run off again."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Mikayla~

Mikayla raised a dark brow in human as Chaz straightened, the pup, Runt in his hands. His eyes met Mikayla's humor-filled ones, and she shot him a smile. "Good catch," she chuckled, Duke rubbing his head against her hand that was hanging down, the other one patting Sabrina on the back while the older woman coughed loudly, having drank the water too fast in order to get rid of hiccups.

"Thanks," Chaz chuckled. He was awefulled handsome, of course, Father wouldn't agree, and she doubted Mother would either. Then again, they'd probably never know. Mikayla shook the thoughts from her head and smiled absentmindedly.

"Not a problem," she chuckled and pat Duke's head.

*gotta go*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:13 am
Calligraphy says...

Can I join as someone that lives currently in the town?

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 am
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

I crept around the back of the caravan's little group of wagons, stomach rumbling. Damn, I was hungry. They could spare a little food, could they not? I silently thanked the girl who had been choking, she had sort of drawn attention to the north of the group...to the building I had been in moments before they started beating the crap out of it.

I shook my head and ducked behind another wagon, pulling my gun from its holster and holding it next to my head. If anybody got within spitting-distance of me, caught or not, I was blowing their head off. I stepped backwards into the wagon, praying it was empty, and thank God it was.

Thank God once more, because there, sitting on the floor was a crate of what other than apples? Charming would love me after this, too. I walked over, opening the food-bag hanging off my belt and shoving in as many as would fit, biting into one in the process. I let the piece sit on my tongue for a moment before chewing it slowly.

Feet plodding along beside the wagon grabbed my attention and I stiffened, my gun pointed at the opening of the wagon. A blonde man appeared, jumping back before smirking. Blonde. Oh yes, you are dieing all right. I thought bitterly. I hated blondes for reasons I don't care to specify.

"Keep your trap shut, you yell and I blow your head clean off you shoulders," I hissed, eyes narrowing. I'd shoot him whether he called for help or not.

He chuckled. "Lemme see you try sweets."

I narrowed my eyes. "You're not threatened by me huh?" I asked, voice menacing.

"You're a woman. Pants or not, they're much too soft. And even if they're hard as rock, I'd like to see you try shoot that gun," he retorted, crossing his arms and snorting.

"How much are you willing to bet?" he shrugged. I smirked. "Have it your way then." I pulled the trigger, shooting the man through the throat and shot again quickly, hitting him in the left eye. He fell backwards, a shocked expression plastered to his face.

I grinned before my senses took over. They would have heard the shot... I buttoned up my food-bag and scrambled for the back of the wagon, jumping onto the ground next to the man's now-dead body. I needed to get out of here... where was Charming when you needed him?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:28 am
SisterItaly says...

Chaz

There was a gunshot, then another, then a scream. I looked over to Mali.
"Watch Runt." I said, thrusting the pup into his hands and drawing my gun. I quickly wiped my forehead on my sleeve, then bolted over to the covered wagon. I hopped in the front to see a dead body. Blond, guy, eyes still open, hey wait, it was the prick from earlier. Well the eye that was still intact was. I was have fun burying him later. Now I was being sarcastic to myself. Brilliant. I hopped out the back. A girl was standing there, looking around frantically. I aimed my gun at her, and as it clicked she turned around. Red head, didn't recognise her from the caravan. She quickly aimed her own gun at me.

"Now little Missy, we don't want trouble." I said, I lifted my hands up, and let my gun hang loose in my hand. "In fact, I had already threatened to blow that clown's brains out, you did me and a couple little ladies a huge favor." I said, smirking. Her stomach growled loudly. "I can hear your hungry, now, why don't you give me the gun... and we'll put this all behind us." I said, calmly, walking slowly towards her, hand extended for the gun. She looked at me skeptically and placed it in my hand. I smiled, then she grabbed my wrist and turned my arm behind my back.
"Miss. Please, we don't want no trouble. Now do we?" I asked. She kneed my back and let me go.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 am
Loller65 says...

Henry

Upon seeing the little woman release Chaz, I lowered my Winchester (Winny, as I'd nicknamed him) to my hip, although my finger was on the trigger, ready for action at a moment's notice. Then, I saw she'd taken some apples from one of our wagons and stuffed them in a sack on her belt.
"Now, ma'am."
I approached her slowly, trying to keep her from shooting me. I was not sure if I trusted her or not.
"I'm sure you could have simply asked us for some provisions instead of stealing them."
I saw her hand drift to her side and I immediately readied my rifle, ready for anything...
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Moo says...

I am shocked and appalled that there is no outlaws in this. :O I hope this is ok, if I'm not allowed to join or something just kick me out :P

Name: 'Maniac Magee,' real name, Sammy Magee.

Appearance: Sammy is a small woman, at about 5'1 without her boots on. She has long, sleek brunette hair usually pulled back into a ponytail that fails down to the small of her back, while her eyes are a striking shade of apple green. She wears typical western attire that is more associated with men; a buckskin Stetson with a blood red bandanna around her throat, a leather vest and shirt, jeans with western riding boots and spurs.

Personality: Arrogant, overconfident, rude, boyish, feisty. Sammy hates being underestimated and isn't scared to shoot a man dead while he sleeps, if it means she'll get her hands on what she wants. She is sassy, edgy, and has a certain quirk about her that some find intimidating. She adores the attention and fear that regular townsfolk display upon hearing her name. She can be extremely headstrong and is often foolish, riding straight into danger without a second thought. She certainly is a character that is hard to forget. Generally patronizing towards strangers, and loves to make others feel smaller than she.

History: Sammy never new her parents really, they were drunks and spent much of their life slumped over the counter at a local saloon. She got out as soon as she could, leaving her hometown to join a group of bandits. She had the fastest draw within the band and many of her frequent scraps ended badly. The men rarely took her seriously, and often teased and humiliated her. For this reason she hates men, and will rarely keep their company. Soon she broke away to form another band of seven outlaws, robbing and terrorising the West with her comrades. Her ridiculous feats earned her the name 'Maniac Magee,' and now various Wanted, Dead or Alive posters can be seen around town with this name. Otherwise she is anonymous, and whilst spending time in new towns she typically uses the surname 'Wilson.'

Up for love?: Prolly not. PM if interested though, and we'll work something out.

Other: Rides with her trusty thoroughbred gelding, Sinbad. Her weapons include two .45 caliber revolvers.

By the way, I think if this is to survive we need more conflict. I've always wanted to do a Western storybook, so I don't want this to die either :P If anyone wants to join the outlaw band that Sammy's in, PM me or ask :D

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:25 pm
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

And this is why you never steal when you're horse is still hiding. I smirked at the man in front of me, trying not to show how bloody ticked I truly was. "Asking for apples would be above me." I turned to the black man behind me, sighing. "You... you're so lucky you're black," I muttered.

"That so?" he arched an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is. I have this thing against whites." I paused. "'Specially blondes."

The other man stared. "You're white."

"I'm perfectly aware of that. Now, bandits, they don't usually travel alone. Who's to say that at any second a group of 'em won't come down from those mountains to save their lady?" I asked, smirking again. I didn't have a group, but I did have my secrets. If those little secrets ever decided to show up... Maybe it would be better if they stayed away, they'd get themselves killed.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

*sorry madmoo, there is no more availible spots*

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:12 pm
Baboon says...

MELVIN BROOK

Brook stood back and watched all of the action. The racist, the blonde prick, the girl-bandit. Maybe a year ago he'd have stepped in, proud of his shiny badge, arrested the bad guys, commended the good. What was the point? They sorted themselves out, with more bloodshed, violence and thuggery; but nonetheless they sorted themselves out.

"Animals..." Brook whispered, getting an odd look by a nearby traveller. He ignored it. "Animals..."
"I am, I am, I AM..." - Randall Flagg levitating in The Stand

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Winchester says...

Damen:

We ended up riding in a day late but Chaz knew, we came from the same town. we had took on of my mams horses, we named it Misty...because of its smokey grey colour it got on well with Dipsey (Ruby's Kitten) we didn't ride in the caravan due to Roob's being claustrophobic (did i spell it right?)

As we arrived into the dusty town, we got surounded, and i mean surrounded guns 'n all i felt Rubys hands round my waist they were shaking... i started to talk...until Chaz saw us and stepped in " Hey guys! There late in, there not bandits! they one of us!

*sorry its short and late but ive been busy, im not gunna be on all weekend eaither!*
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

66 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:54 pm
SisterItaly says...

Note: RiS your last post is a little confusing... I don't quiet understand, so we may just ignore it and move on.

The Book.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 pm
jolene says...

Sabrina:

I heard shots near our carragies and i started to run there but Chaz beat me there. The guy who tried to, she shudders, who tried to touch me, was laying with a bullet in his throat and in his left eye. I felt a churning of my stomach. I turned and ran as far as i could then i couldnt hold it in much longer, and i emptied my aready almost empy stomach. Someone nelt next to me and put a cool bandana on my head. But i didnt know who did because all i saw was bad memories and then blackness...

*this could be anyone!*
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 pm
Loller65 says...

Henry

While the young female thief was distracted, I returned to one of the wagons and removed a shovel. One of the women had seen the blonde man and had gone to relieve herself. A walked a ways out from the town and dug a small hole, big enough to permit a human body. I returned and began the process of pulling the body to the hole so it would cause no more distractions. He flopped lifelessly into the hole, and after some rearranging of limbs fit perfectly into it. I grabbed the shovel and began burying him. Once this was completed, I knelt beside his makeshift grave. I didn't know him, nor had he done anything wrong by me, so I prayed for him. As I started the walk back to camp, my mind began to wander.
That was a baby once. A weak little defenseless baby. He grew up and had a mother and father just like everyone else...
It seemed strange to think about something like that. When you see people, you don't think about what their life was like and how similar you might actually be. You just see a person standing in front of you, or in his case a corpse. At that moment he wasn't a human who had a past. People don't usually perceive that. All they see is the moment, the now, never stopping to consider that there might be motivations behind the moment's actions....and then I was back at camp. The thief and her captor had moved on, so I finished cleaning up the mess she'd made and then went to find the others.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights