Young Writers Society

Way Out West: Difficulties

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:17 am
SisterItaly says...

*Sabrina passed out*
Chaz

She didn't want want to co-operate. But I held my ground. No need to be hostile, yet.
"Come on little lady. No need to be rash." She narrowed her eyes, and tightened her expression.
"Just cause your black doesn't mean I won't shoot you." I flinched at that word. I closed my eyes and looked away from her, putting a finger up.
"Not nice lil' lady. Not nice at all." She pulled out another gun and aimed it at me. I pointed my gun at her single handily.
"Ya still have the chance to put this all behind us. Now, Sabrina needs some help. Do ya think ya can behave. Just stop stealing, and you can have food and water. Does it sounds so bad?" She gave me a look, and tightened on her gun. Her knuckles were turning white. I didn't let my glare move off her, until, of course, something moved in her hair. I gazed at her hair, what the hell wads moving? I froze. It was a snake. I hated snakes.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:42 am
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

I grinned as the man's face contorted into worry. "Awwe, what? Don't like snakes do we?" I asked in a sing-song voice, lifting my free hand to stroke Viper's head. "Well, can you believe it Vipes? He don't like you." My grin broadened. This was much too good. "You may wanna drop the gun then, huh?"

He blinked, didn't drop the gun. "I..."

"Fine, fine. Let's go Vipes, you know the drill." I loved how the thing was so obedient... not once had he put up a fight. Viper slithered from my back and dropped to the ground. The man aimed his gun, and mine clicked. "Don't you dare," I hissed, teeth gritted. If he shot Viper, he could kiss his head buhbye.

Viper had made his way over to the man's leg, tail rattling. I snickered. "His fangs aren't removed, by the way. Still a very deadly little thing." Viper hissed, as though he wanted to add to the effect.

The man did something I would never have expected. He let out a scream. A loud, high-pitched, momma's boy scream. It took me a moment to recompose myself before grabbing Viper and making a run for it, whistling loudly. If Charming didn't show up, I swear I would turn him to glue.

Sure enough, he showed up. I swung myself onto his back, fired my gun into the air twice and made a beline for anywhere but here. The mountains might work, though I would quite honestly prefer to stay in town...
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 am
SisterItaly says...

Chaz

The girl ran off with the snake, good riddens. I had fallen back, and was now looking up and a slightly surprised Mali. He held out his hand and helped me up.
"What the heck Chaz?" He asked, pulling me up. I brushed myself off.
"She had a god damn snake. Lost my father to one of those." I said, straightening myself off and looking up at the slightly younger boy. "Ever since then I freak out when I see one... and that wasn't me who screamed, it was oneof the girls." I covered up.
"Sure it was..." He said, patting my back. I looked over to Kayla, was she, laughing? Oh god dang she was gorgous when she laughed.
"You go deal with Sabrina, I'll get back to that fire wood." I said, walking off. Well, that was rather embarrasing.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:12 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I have permission from AMU to join.

Name: Falcon Lightfoot

Appearance: Falcon has black hair that reaches his shoulder that he wears braided, often with a piece of fabric over his head to protect from heat. He has russet colored skin and high cheekbones, and is tall and broad shouldered. His eyes are dark brown, with a slight almond shape.

Spoiler! :
Minus piercings.Image

Personality: He's brave, but quiet, and prefers a peaceful life to war and hunt. He thinks differently from most people and is close with his sister. Touch her, and he will kill you. He has the authority to, being the chief's son. He commands attention when he wants to, and when he does speak up, people listen. Rather serious, but if you get him to open up, a really nice guy.

Up for love?: Sure...

Other: Likes horses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Sparrow Lightfoot

Appearance: She's slender and tall, with high cheekbones like her brother. She has thick black hair with a slight wave. Typically she wears it down, with two segments braided and tied in the back. Her eyes are virtually black, with thick lashes. She often has battle paint on, and is rarely seen without her bow and quiver.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Very quick, good humored, and on the violent side. Almost polar opposite from Falcon, she loves hunting, and she's an expert archer. She can't stand silence and has to have excitement. Many men in the tribe want her for a wife, but she's too wild too be pinned down by anything. Mess with her brother, and she will beat you senseless. Close to her brother. If you can't find her, search the woods and river- she's likely to be there hunting.

Up for love?: Yep.

Other: Her bow and arrow.
Spoiler! :

Also, good horseback rider.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Kayla~

Kayla slowly stiffled her laughter and slowly, unnoticably holstered her pistol, making her way over to Sabrina. She rubbed the older woman's back slowly, and offered her more water, which she took with a choked thanks. Kayla smiled and ran a hand through her hair, straightening back up. Sabrina slowly got her color back, and Kayla smiled. "You alright, Brina?" She asked, using a nick name she'd randomly come upon.

"Yes, thank you," Sabrina smiled thankfully, and Kayla shook her head, smiling brightly and showing her pearly whites.

"It ain't a problem whatsoever. There's some dried meat in one of the packs on Malichai's horse, if you need it... so help yourself," she smiled and said a soft goodbye before almost running over to Mal. She picked up her speed once he put his axe down, and Kayla jumped on his back, causing them to both fall to the ground. Kayla threw her head back at her brother's bewildered expression.

Sitting up, she fixed her shirt to hide her cleavage, and then laid back on the ground as Malichai stood up, cursing loudly at her as she laughed softly. Kayla looked down, following the face of a small mountain with her eyes. She trailed the mountain side up, and stopped when she caught something moving in the trees. A slender body suddenly appeared on the ledge, long raven-black hair billowing out in the wind.

Kayla met the woman's gaze, mouth agape, no words coming forth.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 am
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

I had decided on the cliffs for one reason, and one reason alone. Falcon and Sparrow. Never, not once in my life, had I been more happy to see them, save for that one... don't think about it Lill. Move forwards. I told myself stubbornly. It wouldn't do any of us any good whatsoever if I brought back my old pains.

Charming stumbled, and I shifted on his back. "Easy there boy," I murmered as he regained his footing, snorting. I chuckled softly, pulling the reins to the left. Falcon was coming into view, and I could feel myself grinning.

"Falcon!" I called, grinning wildly.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:58 am

Falcon

I smiled warmly and helped Lillian down, putting a hand on her horse's muzzle. "Easy, there," I whispered.

"It's good to see you, Lillian," I said, giving her a brief hug.

"It's good to see you too, Falcon. How's your sister?"

"Sparrow's great. Just got moved up to head of hunt, actually. She's very proud."

Right on cue, a tan, black, and red blur shot out of nowhere and into Lillian's arms. "Lillian! AH! It's so good to see you again! Where've you been? What've you been doing? Did anything happen? Are you okay? Oh, never mind, you're here, that's what matters. Did you hear I got moved to head of hunt?"

I had to laugh. That was typical Sparrow, fast paced and strong. She was still hugging poor Lillian, actually.

"Sparrow, I kind of can't breathe." Lillian choked out.

"Oh! Sorry," Sparrow squeaked, pulling back.

"My god, and I thought it was impossible for you to get stronger."

Sparrow grinned and started to walk with us, shooting random things in the distance. It wasn't her fault, really, she just got bored easily, even if she was recounting the ultra-exciting tale of the grizzly she brought down last winter.

Sparrow and Lillian. My two favorite people, at the moment.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

384 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:19 am
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

I chuckled when Sparrow finished her excessively long story. "Glad you're leading an exciting life. In the meantime, I've been harrassing the caravan folk. Don't seem to appreciate it all that much, do they Vipes?" I stroked the snake on the head and glanced over my shoulder. We were well out of view by now, which I was thankful for.

"Do I even want to know?" Falcon asked, giving me a half-ammused, half-serious look.

I sighed loudly and glanced over my shoulder again. "Probably not...I sorta may have ended somebody's life, but I don't care to get into details. He was blonde..." I trailed off. Falcon and Sparrow knew about my hatered for blonde people, and they knew about my past. I felt more or less like I belonged with their people than anywhere else.

Speaking of which...I missed the tribe. I suppose I could always go back whenever I wanted, but the place brought back so many memories... memories I usually tried to keep packed up in the back of my mind. Not to be forgotten, and not to be brought to the light until I was ready for them to be.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am

Sparrow

I raised one eyebrow. Looks like Lil had veered off course. I'd stick to my bows, arrows, and forest hunts, thankee very much. Not that I blamed Lil much, given what had happened, but still. We would do our best to fix that before she had to go. I rubbed her horse's flank. I didn't remember her steed, but it seemed a nice enough horse, if a bit skittish.

I brought my bow up and reached behind my back, drawing an arrow. I nocked it and pulled back steadily, then loosed it, striking the center of a tall pine. Falcon applauded politely, and I shoved his shoulder good-naturedly. I turned to Lil.

"And that, Lillian, is why he's going to be chief pretty soon. His manners." I said it like I was explaining something to one of the children. In seconds we were at camp, and I ushered Lil into a tent.

"I get one to myself this year," I said proudly, patting a folded blanket. Falcon sat, rather awkwardly, by the entrance, on the woven floor. I was very proud of my tent. Woven grass floor, nice sized, a few hammocks, paintings of the cliffs at night on the strong canvas walls, and a fire pit in the center. Right next to Falcon's, too.

So, safe to say I didn't mind sharing. At all.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

384 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 pm
eldEr says...

LILLIAN

I chuckled and took to exploring the tent. "He'll make a great cheif," I murmered. This was Lillian as I was supposed to be. How I used to be... Of course, how I used to be was completely different and so much the same all at once.

I strode over to a small cupboard, tears pricking my eyes. There was a little doll sitting on top, the one with the blue button eyes and rip in the dress... I picked it up gingerly, just staring at it. I felt like somebody had just set a five ton weight on my chest.

"Y-you kept this Sparrow?" I whispered, biting back tears. "You know, I still remember when he made this for her... the day after she was born. Carried it around like her little life depended on it when she got older..." I trailed off, removing one hand from the doll to wipe at a few tears.

How many times can somebody's heart break? First my parents, and then it was him...and then her. So many memories I wanted so desperately to hold on to, and at the same time I wanted to bury them.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Sparrow

I shot a look at Falcon, who raised his hands defensively and backed out of the tent. I stepped up behind Lillian.

"Yeah, I did. Thought... thought she should be remembered. All of it should." I said quietly. I missed her, and he as well. It was wrong, what happened to them. Very wrong. Not natural. I put my hand over hers. Sometimes it was hard to believe she was older than me, if only by a year. It was getting chilly, so I knelt by the firepit, two rocks in my hands. I struck them together, creating sparks until the kindling caught.

I could remember her little face, wide eyed and curious.

Click.

His strong arms, dropping firewood by the guest tent.

Click.

Lillian sat by the fire, the doll still in her hands.

Whoosh.

A fire roared to life, filling the tent with golden light and warmth. "Are you hungry?" I asked softly. She sniffled softly.

"Yeah. Do we - do we have anything to eat?"
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 am
Loller65 says...

Henry

I sat there on the ridge, the wind stirring up the pleasant scent of juniper. Somewhere above, I heard a hawk's shrill cry. Rising slowly, I brought my rifle to my shoulder and looked down the ironsights. In the valley below me stood a young doe. I slowly moved my finger to the trigger, and, exhaling slowly, pulled the trigger. The roar of the gun thundered across the area, and the doe dropped. I quickly worked the lever and ejected the previous shell while simultaneously readying a new one. Then, I began slowly descending towards my kill. Upon my arrival at the corpse, I noted she still lived. I pulled a knife from my belt and knelt down, burying it into the creature's chest, ending its life relatively painlessly. I grabbed the front feet and slung it across my back and began the short hike back to the camp. Perhaps I had made an error in deciding to come out here. The people seemed not necessarily concerned on group survival, but....creating goddamned drama. That is unacceptable. I shall not die alongside them, worried about trivial things. I shall survive and prove my father wrong.
"Haha! Heading West? Can't hack it in the real world, I see. Ha, I thought I had 2 daughters and a son, not 3 daughters. HAHA!"
The words echoed through my mind, his face reddening with each huge guffaw. I shook the thought from my head and continued on my way.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:19 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**I can't rightly post again, considering I was the last one from the actual group of travelers to post something we can take off on D:**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:22 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Rose

I walked over to Sabrina. Helping her over to the covered wagon and sitting her down in it.
"You OK?" I asked, she didn't take that... scene, quite well.
"Ya, I'm fine." She certainly didn't look fine. I shook my head.
"Get some rest. You can sleep on my mat tonight." she looked up to me.
"Where'll you sleep then?" I winked and patted her shoulder.
"I'll manage something. Don't you worrie about me."

*Little western slut ain't she?*

Chaz

I returned to hacking away at the wood. A snake, of all lord forsaken critters, it had to be a snake. I didn't dare look over at Kayla whilst she fixed herself. All I needed was to end up seeing something I wasn't supposed to. Then end up on both thier bad sides. I looked over, looking for Sabrina. Couldn't see her anywhere... where'd she get off to? She'd be fine. She's a grown woman.

The Book.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:37 pm
jolene says...

Sabrina:

I laid on Rose's mat and put my arm over my eyes. I could still see that guy laying there, just like my dad when i shot him out of self defense *in her head*. I shuddered. i dont know why my dad and that man saw in me, Probley just a whore who is not any good in bed. I heard a little sob, and looked up, but no one was there. Then i noticed that i was the one that was crying. i put my legs together and pulled them up so i can put my chin over them. I couldnt stop the tears from coming. I just broke down. I closed my eyes and it seemed like a a coulpe of minutes but it must have been hours when i felt a warm hand on cheeks, whriping my dried tears from my face.

"Come now little missy, why are you crying?" a male voice came from next to me.
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites