z

Young Writers Society

Golden Compass (remake)

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm
jolene says...

This is like the Golden Compass...I watched it and I loved it so much that I wanted to do a remake and finish it.

The year is 1638, in the land of Arubua. It is cold and you are an orphan (if you are a human or witch.) Mrs. Abigail Coul (like Mrs. Coulter) is looking for the special compass that can tell the truth, but the bad part is that is only a handful or so can read it. It is our job to stop Mrs. Coul and save the Daemons (De-mons), Polar Bears of the North, the people if the world, and other universes!

What the Races are/do:

~Witches: Can float in the air (time depends on how old you are and how much experience your character has) and has a Daemon

~Daemons: Can not change into any animal after your charrie has hit purberty...if YOUR human,Gyptians and/or witch dies, YOU die at well...but if you die the human,Gyptians and/or witch will not die

~Polar Bears: Have very hard armor (that is their pride) and cant handle mild or high temperature. Cant have a Daemon, so most are jealous of those who do have a Daemon.

~Humans: If they die, thier Daemons die as well (well they turn to Dust). but they can live if their Daemons die.

~ Gyptians: Can Have a Daemon but Gyptians usually like to stay on a boat or on water someway.

Rules:

1.) You can be a witch, human (that was a Daemon or have not found their Daemon yet), one Polar Bear, or a Gyptian
2.)No sex scenes, but romance for older kids is allowed (17-18 year olds) the others can just crush on each other.
3.)Cursing is okay but you cant drop the "S" or "F" bomb in every sentence.
4.)YWS rules follow (of couse)
5.)Keep genders EVEN!
6.)When you post it has to be at least 500-1000 words!

Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Age (15-19):

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians):

Appereance (anime is allowed and write what they look like):

~For you:

~For Daemon :

History (it can be short!):

Personality:

Skills:

Up for love?:

Other!:

People:

1.)Serafina~Jolene~Witch~Female
2.)Andrew~gsppcrocks10~Human~Male
3.)Emily *The* Strange~Forsakinshadow~Human~ Female
4.)Saskia Night~AllyGrLxOX~Witch~Female
5.)Try Wilde~Chupatoasta~Human~Male
6.)Emilian Bartel~ScarlettFire~Gyptains~Male
7.)Kayla Wilde~Chupatoasta~Human~Female
8.)Ash Biro~Lethro~Human~ Male

My Profile:

Name: Serafina Yushi

Age (15-19):17

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Witch without a Daemon

~For you: she has long blonde hair but has the total oppisite color eyes, black (and without the pointy ears). She is 5'10" and tall for her age, and has long legs. the wears what she can get on the street.

Spoiler! :

~For Daemon (If you have one!): His name is Ink-spot...cause of his white and black spots on his body...he like to hang around her neck and her wrist to look like a necklace or braclet..

Spoiler! :

History (it can be short!):She doesnt know her father or mother and she pickpockets rich young men and/or boys

Personality: She blushes real easily when it comes to the male gender (when she likes them.) She is a little hard-headed sometimes. once a year, she is a little upset and that is around her birthday.

Skills: she is realy good at archery an/or small knives and sword. she is realy fast and since she is young, she can fly about 50 feet of the ground for 10-15 minutes.

Up for love?: yes

Other!:

P.s ths is her bow and arrow!!!

Spoiler! :

THE DT!:

topic67504.html
Last edited by jolene on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am, edited 23 times in total.
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

Sorry, I can't do this
Last edited by SisterItaly on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Hey mixed, want to be my Daemon?

*saves spot for 17 year old orphan boy*
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:11 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aww. :( K.

Name: Andrew Lienx

Age (15-19): 17

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Human.

Appearance: (anime is allowed and write what they look like):

~For you: He's of average height with black hair, green eyes, and rather sharp features. His skin is relatively pale. He's well-built and rather handsome.

~For Daemon (If you have one!):
Spoiler! :
black-cat.jpg
black-cat.jpg (21.88 KiB) Viewed 755 times

History (it can be short!): Grew up on the streets. He's taken care of himself for his whole life.

Personality: over-confident, arrogant, and hot-headed. He's rather sarcastic, and doesn't think about the fact that what he says to people might hurt their feelings. He does have a softer, gentler side, but he never shows it. If you want his respect he'll give it to you, grudgingly, but only of you prove that you deserve it first.

Skills: Amazing with a slingshot, and he's a very fast runner.

Other!: Up for love if you can deal with him.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Anyone can have my Daemon, just claim it.

Will finish later

Name: Yue (You-ay)

Age (15-19): 16

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Daemon

~For you: She usually takes the form of a red wolf

Spoiler! :

History (it can be short!): Yue has been looking for someone to be a Daemon to for a while. Still looking

Personality: Yue is outgoing and yet she's shy. She kind of meets in the middle. She listens to everything before she speaks, and she takes life a day at a time.

Skills: Takes on the skills of the animal it is at the time

Up for love?: I guess

Other!: None
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

21 Reviews

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 pm
jolene says...

yeah Daemons can

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 pm
AllyGrLxOX says...

Name: Saskia Night

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Witch

Appearance (anime is allowed and write what they look like): She's the typical height for her age and has long wispy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. She can typically be seen wearing either a red or black, short dress.

~For you:
Spoiler! :
blonde.jpg
blonde.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 704 times

~For Daemon (If you have one!): Doesn't have one yet!

History (it can be short!): When she was very little her parents left her on the street alone, penniless, good as dead. She's been on her own ever since finding ways to survive.

Personality: She's been on her own for so long that she's become very independent and doesn't trust anyone easily. She longs to feel appreciated and needed by people, since she's been scarred by her parents abandoning her.

Skills: She is incredibly stealthy and able to sneak up on people and creatures without any trouble, she enjoys the feel of the wind on her face when flying. She wishes that she could stay up in the air longer than the measly twenty minutes she can do now.

Up for love?: bring it

Other!:
Last edited by AllyGrLxOX on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Kayla Wilde (Cheeks)

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Human

Appearance:

~For you:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

History (it can be short!): Grew up on the streets with her brother, with a polar bear named Chiva, looking after them until they were both old enough to go alone.

Personality: Although she appreciate the company of a good friend, she does not mind being alone. She's often very opinionated. She would rather lead than follow, and is extremely independent. She knows exactly what she want and how to get it. She's sly, and quiet, and an amazing thief when she needs to be.

Skills: Amazing with a dagger, and great at making poisons for said dagger. Sometimes she seems to meld into the darkness.

Up for love?: Yess

Other!: Nada

EDIT!
This is my second character that I'm making due to a failure to be on top of things with ratio and such.

Name: Tyr Wilde (Teer)

Age (15-19): 19

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Human

Appearance:

~For you:
Spoiler! :

~For Daemon:
Spoiler! :

History (it can be short!): Grew up on the streets with his sister, with a polar bear named Chiva looking after them until they were both old enough to go alone.

Personality: Tyr, like his daemon, is very brave, chivalrous, and will gladly, proudly stand up for his friends. He loves to explore, and loves to prove he's better than what people think he is. He's happily put someone in their place.

Skills: Extremely strong, and great with a longsword coated in his sisters poison.

Up for love?: Yepp

Other!: Nada
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in with a boy. Are Gyptians like Gypsies?

Name: Emilian Bartel.

Age (15-19): 19.

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Gyptians.

Appearance (anime is allowed and write what they look like):
~For you: Tall, around 5'9, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Spoiler! :

~For Daemon (If you have one!): Panther, his name is Sable.
Spoiler! :

History (it can be short!): Emilian comes from a small boat called 'Tsura'. His family didn't like his obsession with land so he ran away. He's recently found his way far inland to a city and has settled there, working in a bake house.

Personality: Kind, caring, loving, distant, determined, and fiery, Emilian has a fiery temper but is friendly and kind--unless he's angry (which is when his friends and family are being harmed/threatened). Although his temper has a shot fuse, he doesn't lose it often and prefers peace to violence. He doesn't like to fight but can and will if he needs to. He often seems timid and shy, though it's usually just a mask to distract others. He's really brave and proud, but doesn't like to reveal his heritage.

Skills: Emilian is skilled at fencing and archery, horse riding, sailing and dagger/knife work. He's fast but still lacks his balance on land.

Up for love? Yes.

Other: Emilian has a mark above his left eye that curls around below it. He tends to hide this wearing a hat pulled down over his left eye.

Anyone: Feel free to claim Sable.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:25 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Raven Fire

Age (15-19): 15

Race (Witch, human, Daemon, Polor Bear, or Gyptians): Witch

Appereance (anime is allowed and write what they look like): She has dark green eyes and black hair down to her waist She fends for herself and rarely gets along with snobs.

~For you: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 9,r:12,s:0

~For Daemon (If you have one!): She is still extremely young and innocent so her daemon can still change shape.

History (it can be short!): Has no family other than the withes she calls her friends.

Personality: Sweet gentle and understanding cold and cruel when she goes into battle

Skills: She is an excellent marks woman and is skilled in sword fighting if needed she can fly for long periods of time in high altitudes

Up for love?: Yup

Other!: Nix.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

84 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I think Gyptians are the people who live basically their whole lives on the boats. I haven't seen the movie in a while so I'm not 100% sure.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:34 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

EDIT: Never mind.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jolene, AllyGrLxOX has gone away to visit some family. She won't be back until monday.
Live, Love, Laugh

21 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:43 pm
jolene says...

okay fiction...but everyone there is a DT and post small talk there! and i need guys and 1 more girl because i need to keep the ration even! thanks everyone!

Hey! we need one more guy and then we can start at the beging that I will post...but we need one more male so come on brave person and join if ya wanna!!!

~ Jo! ~
Last edited by jolene on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

21 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 pm
jolene says...

The begining of the SB will be soon and i was just wondering if you guys can sign the SB's DT for me! thanks!

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief