z

Young Writers Society

America's Got Talent

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm
fictionfanatic says...

That's what I told them. I'm actually going to put in a complaint about it because he's critsizing the very country I live in and if that's what's going to happen on this site I'm going to stop getting on.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:36 pm
Fox says...

Does anyone mind telling me what I missed while I was gone??? *I asked hopefully*
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 am
RayneChild says...

You really haven't missed anything. Still just rehearsals
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 am
Fox says...

KK. Thanks!
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 am
Kaywiia says...

Ricky

After about an hour of practicing, a man came in with a megaphone.

"Turn off your music," he yelled. I watched Danny carefully. She shot him a look, but turned off the song. He continued, "There is going to be a cast party for anyone who is preforming in AGT, the Las Vegas auditions. This party is only for the performers. Parents and friends stay at the hotel."

There was a general cheer from the performers. "And, by the way, bring your singing voices. We're having karaoke for an hour." His thick accent, overpowered his words, but I could make them out.

Danny clapped, and added her voice to the cheering crowd. She was dieing to show off, I knew it. I clapped a little, but I would be on the dance floor, showing her who was boss.

The man continued, "Feel free to bring dates, rules still apply about AGT performers only. The party is from 7 until midnight. That's it, have fun rehearsing."

I looked over at the gymnast, Tess, who I had been talking to earlier. I walked over to her after the man with the megaphone left.

"Hey, uh, the guy was talking about bringing dates and....well, would you, uh, want to, you know, maybe go with me. As a date, like, together." I stuttered, sounding like an idiot. Very smooth, Ricky.....NOT!!
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:24 am
Fox says...

((Okay, I'm not sure where they are and I'm sort of confuzzled. I normally don't do this but I must ask if someone could possibly bring me in...*she asked hopefully*))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:37 am
MayApple says...

The Black Dreamer-(Alan Steffie)

After the guy made an announcement about us going to a dance, my whole mood lifted. I grinned from ear to ear, and looked around. Many off the guys were chatting up-or trying to chat up-pretty girls and I needed to get on the cool train.

I walked over to the nearest pretty girl. I recognized her, she had been the act before mine. She was the talented pianist, though obviously not as great as me. I switched places behind a curtain. I bet she couldn't do that.

"Hey, I loved you act," I said with a smile.

"Oh, thanks," she looked down, then looked up at me with a confused look in her eyes. Probably wondering why I was talking to her.

"Your, Olette, right? I love that name." the compliment made her smile, and I smiled back.

"Again, thanks." she said, still obviously trying to figure out what my deal was.

"Do you wanna go to the dance as my date?" I pulled a rose from under my sleeve, but appeared to make it come out of thin air. I always had one handy.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:49 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lisa Harnot, Contortionist.

Lisa rolled her eyes as various boys began trying to chat up girls. She doubted that anyone would talk to her, though. Not that she cared.

She sighed and got into a very painful-looking position on the floor, watching the others as she returned to practicing.

Lisa had never been good with dates and boys. Her friends had called her pitiful, but she'd never cared. The whole dating thing was stupid, in her opinion. She'd never been interested in boys, and they hadn't been interested in her. She'd been homeschooled most of her life, so hardly anyone had known her anyway.

That opinion on dating being stupid had been changing, however, as time had wore on.

But that didn't matter. If she started dating the competition it might cloud her judgment... No, dating wasn't a priority here. Winning was the most important thing.

Wasn't it?

She forced her doubts away. Of course it was! She didn't care about dating anyone there. They were only competition. People to beat.

She let out a cry as she overbalanced, falling to the floor. She groaned and untangled herself from... well, herself.

((If someone asks her she'll have doubts, but chances are she'll say yes... *cough* she's in denial. *cough*))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am
Fox says...

Olette

"Do you wanna go to the dance as my date?" I didn't know why this guy was even bothering with me. There were plenty of other, and prettier, girls to ask. He barely knew me. I was about to say no, even though I wanted to say yes, when he pulled a rose out of his jacket. I smiled. It felt a little cheesy, but still sweet.

"I...I don't know. I wasn't really planning on going with anyone." I said. I wanted to say yes, but I was just too nervous. The only thing I knew about him was that he was a magician.

"C'mon it'll be fun." he said. I hesitated, then shook my head.

"I'm sorry, I just..." I sighed, "I don't know. I'm not really a social girl."

"Alright." he said, acting disappointed. He turned and started to walk away. What was I thinking! He was incredibly cute! But I didn't know how old he was. This would be a good chance to get to know him, though. I just hoped it wasn't some kind of joke. It wouldn't be the first time. I might only be 13 (turning 14 soon), but the kids can be tough, even at such a young age.

A million thoughts were racing through my head, and before I could stop myself, and said, "Wait!" he turned, smiling. I wondered if he had known something like this was going to happen. I smiled, and nodded. "I'll go with you, but you have to act like you actually want to be there with me. And I mean really. It's a good thing you're a magician, and an amazing one at that, but you're a terrible actor."

He smiled. "Why thank you, melady." he said, taking a bow. I found myself giggling a little, and I was surprised. I was very socially awkward. I was still nervous about going, especially because I'd be going with the competition, but I wouldn't let it distract me. I was only doing this to get to know people better, nothing more. That was one problem I always had. I wasn't going to start really dating, I was just going to a dance with someone. This would be a good thing...I hoped.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
RayneChild says...

Bridgette

Lorelai looked at me, a little stunned. "Songs," she replied. She laughed and then said, "No, I'm just kidding. I sing whatever songs I feel like. Depends on what mood I'm in or what's happened in my life. How about you?"

"Mostly country, but I like to mix it up. I usually sound pretty good with classic rock." I told her.

She nodded slowly, and a man walked out of the gym. "There's going to be a cast party for all of the performers. You can bring a date." With that, he walked down the hall, telling anyone he passed about the party.

I looked at Lorelai with a big smile on my face. "Well then, in that case..." I pulled her into the gym, our arms still linked, "...we'd better get looking."

She smiled back and we started looking around.
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

84 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:04 am
fictionfanatic says...

Lorelai:

It always made me feel better about myself that people either didn't notice my blind eye or they just didn't seem to think it made me broken or different. After looking around for a few seconds I climbed up onto a table, arms still linked with Bridgette's so she had to get up with me.

"Hello peoples!" I said loudly and excitedly. "My name is Lorelai and this is my friend Bridgette. Anyone want to go to the dance with us?"
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:43 pm
Kaywiia says...

Danny

While everyone else was trying to get dates, I found a clear spot near the edge of the room and began my routine. There were more important things here than dances. We had a contest to win. I went through the dance. Once, twice, three times. All while those stupid boys were trying to get dates. I rolled my eyes.

Before long, the gym was closed. It was time to get ready for the dance. I only had one dress, one formal one anyway. It was checkered, with a ribbon around the waist. I pulled on a pair of black leggings, then boots, and the matching gloves. all this, of course, after ordering the boys out of the room.

I went to the bathroom, after letting the boys back in, and decided to let my hair fall to my shoulders in soft boho waves. I brushed on a little makeup, and then knocked on the door that separated me from the room. "Can I come out guys?"

"fine," and, "sure, whatever," were the only two answers I got.

"Woah, you look good, Danny. Pretty, almost." Tod snickered.

"Yeah, some guy might actually look at you now." Sean laughed.

Spoiler! :
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lisa Harnot, Contortionist.

Lisa went back to her hotel room. It didn't matter that nobody had asked her to the dance; she didn't care... Dances were stupid anyway, in her opinion...

She sighed and got ready to go. Her dress was a strapless one. It was purple with black sequins, and a black skirt that went down to her mid-shin. ( http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofil ... _dress.jpg ) She didn't bother doing anything fancy with her hair; she tied it into a pony tail and applied a small amount of blush. She'd never liked makeup much.

She sighed, slipping into a pair of black heels. She went outside, glancing around, before heading down the stairs and finding her car; not a very easy task. That alone took her about ten minutes. Then when she climbed into the car and hit the ignition, nothing happened. The car stalled, but didn't start. She groaned. "Oh, come on..." She turned the key again, to the same result. This happened for another five minutes.

Then someone tapped on her window.

"Hey, need a ride?"

((This can be anyone...))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lorelai:

It turned out that all the guys had already gotten a date. With a bright smile I said to Bridgette "Looks like you're with me my friend." With that I skipped to my room to get ready.

I slid on the black lacy dress that came above my knees. I packed something with lots color but Tilly must've switched the dresses when I wasn't looking. Oh well. At least she didn't switch all of them.

After pulling on the black gloves that I'd cut the fingers off of I slid on a pair of black tights and then put on a pair of neon yellow sneakers, just because I could and they are way more comfortable than heels.

Placing a pair of big black hoops in my ears I exited my room and headed for the dance.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm
RayneChild says...

Bridgette

I wasn't concerned that no one had actually asked me, and Lorelai didn't seem worried either. After all, we were here to focus on the competition, not get caught up in a sho-mance and sacrifice everything. The idea of winning the contest was a lot more appealing to me right now than a boyfriend.

"Looks like you're with me, my friend," Lorelai said with a smile.

I returned the smile as she skipped out of the room. I followed her soon after. I had packed a couple of formal dresses, but I was saving them for performances. So I chose one that I thought was not too formal, but not too casual. It was bright blue with black accents and silver glitter. I curled my hair, put on a small amount of makeup, and fastened a diamond necklace around my neck and matching earrings in my ears. I slipped on my silver heels and headed out.

I bumped into Lorelai on the way down the hall. "Haven't we run into each other before?" She asked, coming up behind me.

I turned and smiled. "Well," I replied, "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad we did."

She smiled brightly and linked her arm with mine.
--
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
---

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley