z

Young Writers Society

The Third Child

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Steph:

While people were saying places they had to stay I just stared blankly at them all. I had never really had a 'home'. I've lived places, sure. But I haven't had a home since I became illegal, and even the it hadn't been that long. "Well," I said to them all "I just ran away from where I was staying so I've got nowhere to go. I suppose I could hideout in some alley or something.
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:29 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Twitch

I sighed and sank back to the ground. Were there any gangs I had stayed with before around here? Ugh, no. Closest one was seven miles in. And the chick who said she was going to stay in an alley? Two things for her: one, SPEAK UP. It doesn't make us- or me, at least- pity you if you act meek and quiet and oh-my-life-was-dark. You gotta be bold, not think about your misery. Two- alleys were a completely stupid idea. They're wet, there's vomit, completely unsafe, open for anyone to come in and snatch you, and they're very uncomfy.

I only told her the second, of course.

"You will not stay in an alley. They will pretty much ensure that you die." I said, voice uncaring.

"I've lived on the streets for a while- alleys are fine."

I laughed, and not even softly. It was hearty, full, almost loud. "If you say so, chica." I said, shrugging and taking out a silver marker pen and starting another sketch on the forearm not already covered with silver.

Okay, so: 1a in line with 1b, turn clockwise quarter from base, compress 3g.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:20 pm
eldEr says...

Mark Sinquist

I shook my head slowly. "Allies are not fine. My parents watched the news earlier this morning. The Pop Control are guarding everything. Roads, streets, alley ways," I muttered, scuffing the moss with my bare foot.

Every head seemed to turn to Kayla, who nodded sullenly. "There's really nowhere safe to go anymore," she whispered.

"Well we've got to figure something out," one of the girls muttered. The one who wanted to go to the allies...

"Sorry, what's your name again?" I asked, slightly embaressed. I couldn't even remember if she had told us in the first place.

"Steph."

I nodded and turned back to the others. "What now?"

Cormen Dellz

I chuckled, backing out of the room behind the last of the men carrying empty trays. The door closed firmly behind me and I shoved a key into the lock. "The room has no windows, keep the door locked at all times unless I say otherwise. The room is bugged with cameras, I want at least two personal keeping an eye on the boy at all times. Do I make myself clear?" I demanded, staring everybody down.

A chorus of "yes sirs" and a few salutes later, the halls were empty. Hopefully the locked door wouldn't put the boy into panic attacks or anything. I knew a few of the Thirds were like that. Locked doors meant no escape, which was bad for them. Wonderful for us.

Calling Amanda about this was probably a good idea. That and I wanted to know if she had told the HoT's wife about what Kennedy had just done to her husband.

Poor girl. Also one of the reasons that I hadn't married yet.

I sighed and grabbed my phone from its holder, dialing Amanda's number quickly. Again. There were a few other people I had to call today, come to think of it... I opened the door to my office on the fourth ring, which was also when Amanda picked up.

"Amanda, it's Cormen. I need approval or disproval on a little scheme I've put together."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong