z

Young Writers Society

Moon Bound

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yes, we're starting. Anyone who would like to post first, go ahead.

Just remember: All werewolves (apart from the rogues) are arriving at the Redwolf pack house.

All Necromancers, Demons, Mages and Humans who are not allied with a pack are off doing whatever. Perhaps having a meeting of their own?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 am
Knurla says...

(I'm not really sure what the setting is, or how it looks, so I'll do my best. If it's wrong, just let me know and I'll change it. I'll just start off in a city?)

Clear

The lights in the city were dimming, leaving a milky darkness around her. The night was just settling in, but she could already feel the magic and evil emanating from the homes and trees around her, like water through a leaky roof. The demons would be appearing now, but not to human eyes. They were deceitful, but fun, little creatures, and one had to be skilled in the arts of magic or naturally born to it to see them. Not many humans got to see them, which would be fortunate on their behalf. Those silly little humans would run and cower at the sight of only one.

Clear rather enjoyed watching them play their little tricks, and occasionally have one do her bidding. On this night, she did not hide her face, yet displayed it for the world to see. If any humans noticed, she would simply kill them. Werewolves? Well, they weren't likely to be around, for they were currently being hunted. Maybe Clear would join the wolves, or maybe even the hunters? Who knew?

As for now, she would sit here in this dark little park and observe the evils of the night. Not many humans were out, but the ones that were, the smaller demons toyed with. Maybe by destroying street lamps, sending showers of broken glass down on their victims, or perhaps pushing them in the backs and then disappearing, leaving the human to run and scream for their lives at their invisible attackers. It was quite a hilarious sight to witness, for she knew that the demons would not bother her, at least not the ones of this size. The bigger demons did not show themselves, and only they had the power to even catch her attention. Oh, how she wished a larger one would show up, or even a werewolf. Now that would be exciting.
Last edited by Knurla on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 am
ScarlettFire says...

The setting is modern, obviously.

Spoiler! :
Demons: Creatures from the underworld (hell) that appear as shadows or black smoke. They must possess a human and only if said human invites them in. Mages and Necromancers often summon them for help and end up paying for their mistakes for the rest of their short lives. Demons are cruel, nasty and evil little things. They thrive on death and destruction and are hard, if impossible, to kill. Host cannot be saved and must be killed, as exorcisms do not work. Demons may use telekinesis, PK or the like and can play with the minds of their victims, even while possessing a human.

Remember, check the main post, the rules and the DT. I'll be posting something in the DT soon.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Scarlet Wilde (Scar)

Appearance: (written and a picture) Long ago, when Scarlet first possessed this human girl, she was a beautiful, tan, dark haired, light eyed girl. However, due to staying in the body for over one hundred years, Scarlet's body has turned much scarier. Now, she's still five foot two, relatively short, but her eyes are extremely dark, and her skin is very pale, almost hauntingly so.
Spoiler! :

Alliance/Pack: (If werewolf, state your pack (only one from each pack)) Dark Cross

Species: (Human, Mage, Werewolf or other(Only one per pack)) Demon

Ability: (Demons, Necromancers, Mages only (Can have up to 5). Werewolves may have an ability depending on their
pack)
Control fire, create illusions, control weather, and shadow manipulation

Skills: (other than your ability (if Demon, Mage or Necromancer)) Prefers to use her poisonous daggers.

Personality: Scar is very... happy about her killing. She's very sadistic, and enjoys torture among other things. She loves the taste of blood, and will usually do anything, ANYTHING, to get it. She's brave, and loyal to Memnon. She'd give her life for his in a second.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Her loyalty, her speed, her silence, and her dagger skills are some of her strengths, but she's blind in her right eye, and she sometimes has uncontrollable let-go's, and she'll attack anything that walks, including Memnon.

Likes/Dislikes: Loves blood, death, fighting, and killing. She hates werewolves, and sometimes, even other demons who prove a threat to either her or her leader.

History: While in hell, she was raised in the castle by maids, and became a maid in her own time. When Memnon was thrown out of Hell, she followed obidiently. Some consider her his pawn, but she doesn't listen, and will usually do anything her leader tells her. She's very loyal. She loves the taste of werewolf blood as well. She's been called a vampire before, but she's only a demon with long fangs, and a craving for blood... of any sort, but loves werewolf above all others.

Up for love: (Yes or no) I suppose, yes

Other: Although he's older than her, she admires her leader, Memnon, quite a lot
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:26 am
Shepherd says...

(I imagine we are first meeting in a semi-rural setting? Feel free to correct if this is wrong--I've left it open-ended, so if necessary we can just say that we are in a copse of trees just outside city limits!)

Damjan

Damjan was always more comfortable this way. It seemed wrong, somehow, to remain human in the midst of the glaring spectacle of nature that stretched around them. The crisp pine needles shifted under his paws, and he gratefully released his final hold on the blindness of his humanity. The scents rushed in around him, and he let his jaw drop into a broad grin, displaying rows of crisp ivory teeth.

The others would be along, shortly, he expected. He would hear them coming, he knew: this spot had been chosen by the Redwolf as being devoid of distractions. Steam curled from Damjan's open mouth and he clicked his teeth together, maintaining a more formal appearance.

Shoulders thrust forward, he lowered himself slowly to his haunches where he rested. He could sense an approach now, distant but moving quickly. It sounded as though whoever it was had yet to change and this puzzled him. He wondered which of the representatives would wait so agonizingly long to change. Damjan himself loathed much of the time when he wasn't a wolf.

In any case, at the sound of the footsteps he rose to his feet, unsure of whom to expect and not wanting to appear anything less than welcoming. The red fur bristled across his shoulders and he waited, eyes trained on the trees nearby.
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy
Nije vas zahvatila druga kušnja osim ljudske. Ta vjeran je Bog: neæe pustiti da budete kušani preko svojih sila, nego æe s kušnjom dati i ishod da možete izdržati.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jaci/Clearmoon rep:

Jaci sighed softly as she shouldered her way through the thick forest. Briars pulled at her coat, and marred her snout. In human form, it obviously would have been much more painful to walk through this forest. She bounded twice, over high briar patches. With a finally bound, she landed in a clearing. A red wolf, obviously from the Redwolf pack, sat there, his eyes defensive, much like his stance. Jaci yowled a greeting, and sat down beside him, starting a conversation. At least he was in wolf form, like herself.

Human form was alright, but wolf form was so much more... free. She sent him a wolfish grin, as if to ask how he was. "So, how are you?" She barked shortly, ears creened for any other wolves that were obviously on their way.

"I'm alright, yourself?" He smiled wolfishly.

"Tired. It's such a long trek from Clearmoon land, to here. I was almost certain I was to arrive last, but I guess not, huh?"
She barked a laugh.

"The others just like to be fashionably late, I assume." He smirked, and Jaci laughed softly.

"I'm Jaci," she yawned, scratching behind her white ear, annoyed at the itch that wouldn't go away. Was someone talking about her? Certainly not, nobody knew her!
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:46 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Drew

I raised my eyebrows as we came across a wolf. Red fur. Hm. I cocked my head.

"You're a Redwolf, aren't you? Nice to meet you. Drew Chriss, mage allied with Goldenclaw." I turned my head over my shoulder. "RUDY! Get your burly self in here!" I shouted. A few seconds later, my brother tumbled in, swearing rather loudly. Well, seeing as he was a blonde wolf as of now, it was more like ill-mannered snarling and growling, but still.

"Watch your mouth, Ruds." I said, hiding a laugh and pulling out my ponytail. I spread my fingers through my hair and shook it out, freeing it from its binds. Smiling happily now, I scratched Rudy's belly. He shot me a look, but submitted after a few good rakes.

Smirking, I mumbled "Not much of a wolf, are you, pup?" just out of his hearing range. Most he could do to me was a good swat- he learned the hard way I could tie with him any day. After a while, I told him he would have to get the tangles out himself and rubbed my hands on my jeans, making a film of water rinse the dirt off. Unlike the stuffy mages I'd met, I wasn't afraid I'd instantly become a necro the second I used my powers for myself.

Came in handy, not being part of a mage colony.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

108 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 am
Shepherd says...

-woops, posted too soon, just a sec-
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy
Nije vas zahvatila druga kušnja osim ljudske. Ta vjeran je Bog: neæe pustiti da budete kušani preko svojih sila, nego æe s kušnjom dati i ishod da možete izdržati.

108 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:59 am
Shepherd says...

Damjan

"Damjan," he replied, speaking to the first representative to arrive. A she-wolf. She fidgeted, and alighted on some noise near the treeline and Damjan rose, stood. His hackles bristled as he caught the scent of a mage, but he kept his head low for a long moment.

As the mage introduced himself, Damjan let out a long, slow breath that lingered in the smoky air. Tilting his head back, he rumbled a vague but friendly greeting, thrumming out the notes of a long, amiable growl. A wolf flashed in behind the mage, a blur of tawny fur and foul language. His words slurred together and Damjan bristled slowly. The ceremony of the meeting wasn't mandatory, certainly, but the blatant sharpness of his entry was unusual.

The mage had been polite, of course. He was outnumbered--who wouldn't be polite? In any case, Damjan edged by him into the blond wolf's personal space, taking a good breath and standing close enough to speak without yelling.

"Hello," he said politely. Damjan padded over to the newcomer, deliberately tilting his back to the she-wolf and hoping he wasn't making a mistake in doing so. He was twisted half toward the mage, but his attention was on the werewolf. He didn't recognize him.
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 am
ScarlettFire says...

Note: Wolves speak mind-to-mind. AKA, Italics. Not "Hello," she barked. Just getting that out there. Also, semi-rural is okay, but please keep it to a HOUSE and not a clearing. We need to be civilized, which means the meeting will be held at a house, okay? AND the wolves should be in human form.

By the way, Drew is female.

Also: Rules.
Spoiler! :
Rules:-Usual YWS/SB rules.
-I reserve the right to rejct profiles and ask for changes to made.
-ALL posts must be readable, co-relate to previous posts and have correct spelling. That means no chat speak.
-1000+ characters minimum or 250 words for those of you using MS Word or other writing programs. (Check the little box below your text!)
-Swearing; it's allowed just don't overdo it.
-Romance and Sex Scenes are allowed-Just don't be vivid; no one needs to read about details.
-Don't God-mod. Please, it's not fair.
-Please don't double post unless there have been no new posts for at least 24 hours.
-Please have the name of your character the top of each post.
-Please PM me and the creator of a character before killing them off or state in your profile if you are going to die before the end of the SB. No one likes it when they're randomly killed.

Sevana Dallas|Silverfang Rep:

I stepped out of my car and looked up at the house, wondering where everyone was. The Redwolf farmhouse appeared to be empty. Interesting, I thought and slammed the car door. No one even glanced out a window. I sighed.

"That would be bloody typicial," I muttered. "I bet the damn meeting is out in the forest."

Shaking my head, I turned towards the trees and saw a grey wolf vanish into the woods. Oh, wonderful. The Greyfur was here before me. I took off my jacket and threw it back into my car before sliding off my shoes as well. They joined the jacket.

"Make me run into the forest, huh?" I said, tone sour. "Freaking Redwolf pack."

I shifted, amid much growling and groaning from myself. Eventually I was a dark, silver-blue wolf with pale eyes. I rolled onto my feet and sniffed the air. And now the fun begins...

The forest was unusually silent. Not a good sign, but not a bad one either. They had to be somewhere. Growling to myself, I took off into the trees. Just had to make it difficult, didn't they?

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 am

Rudy

"Yo." I said to the wolf- who was now a man with dark hair.

Cool.

"Hello," he said, glancing at Drew.

"My sister doesn't bite," I laughed. Drew raised an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe if you made her really mad, but she's got good self control. Right, Dee?"

"Right." Drew said, rolling her eyes and folding her legs. I shrugged.

"Anyway, I'm Rudy."

"Damjan."

"Nice name."

"Thank you."

I nodded and popped my lips, at a loss of what to do.

"Redwolf?"

"Yep. ... Goldenclaw?"

"Yep."

"Cool."

I scratched my arm, wanting to change back into a wolf. There was no I was letting Dee scratch my belly in this form. But it felt so good... Oh well. Civilization before belly scratches, however much it pained me. I stared around the clearing. A girl with hair like Dee's was standing, a bit awkwardly, some ways away. It's called blonde, you idiot, I snapped at myself. I heard Dee snicker and shot her a glare before sitting down next to her.

I wondered where the others were. We had Redwolf, Greyfur, and Goldenclaw. So... Silverpaw? Where was their rep?

Just on time, a rather angry looking silvery blueish wolf burst in, fangs showing. I lifted my hands defensively and scooched closer to Dee.

Better to be close to the mage than alone and facing an angry she-wolf.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:41 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sevana Dallas|Silverfang Rep:

We are not supposed to be meeting in a clearing, I snarled, ignoring the Mage. Back to the house. That means everyone.

The two men stared at me. I just shook my head and turned my back on them, intent on leaving the clearing.

"Wait!" someone called. I hesitated and then turn back, lips curled up in a silent snarl. Oh, it was the blond. I dropped the snarl and tilted my head to one side. "You mean we're not meant to be meeting out here?"

I rolled my eyes as if to say 'duh' and trotted back to the tree line.

Come one, I told them. Get. I jerked my head in the direction of the house. Back to the house.

Memnon Taltos|Black Cross Meeting Hall:

"Scarlet!" I yelled. Where the hell was she? I needed her to go round up some of those larger demons. "Scar! Get in here now!"

Sighing, I stood up and started pacing. The girl would be here soon enough. As I paced, I could feel a few of the others shift uncomfortably. Understandable, since I was an ex-demon prince who was maybe more than a little nuts.

"Er, boss?" one of the men asked. I turned to glare at him. He swallowed before continuing, "What's this big plan of yours?"

I grinned. Now this would be fun. If only Scarlet got her her meat suit in here already.

"Oh, it's nothing really...." And I told them my plan.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jaci~

Jaci sighed and stood to her feet, shifting into her human form. Oh, now they noticed her. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, nodding her head in everyones' direction. "I'm Jaci, Clearmoon rep..." She pivoted on her heel and walked out of the clearing, back to the farm with everyone rushing to get there from their origional meeting spot.

Scarlet~

Just a pawn...

Who cared? At least she was with the one person she admired. Who cared if he used her however he wished? Not her. She didn't care whatsoever. He was her leader, and she was his best follower, maybe even... second in command? Scarlet rubbed the back of her neck as she hurried to the group. She side stepped into the shadows, and then dropped into the middle of the room just as Memnon was telling the other meatsacks of his plan.

"I'm here, sir," she sighed, rubbing her hands together. She sent him a forced smile, and shook her dark hair out. Some men cringed at her haunting presence, but again, she didn't care. The shorter they were in their bodies, the longer. It was like this body of hers had become a shell of protection. Sometimes, she believed it was her real body, not a humans.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 am

Drew

I cocked my head, biting my lip. Telepathy wasn't my strong point. I could pick up keywords- blonde, mage, Drew, chick, Dee, weird chick- but reading minds wasn't my thing. But I try. The thing with my mindreading, though, is that it's like tuning into a certain radio station. If you've only heard it once, it's incredibly hard to find. Never heard it, harder. And there's literally static- the nerve jangling rush of noise. I shuddered as a wave of it swept over me.

How are we going to house them all?

Chhhh.

Why is there a mage with us? Is she going to kill us?

Ccchhh.

I shook my head, quieting the rush of voices and static. Scrunching my nose, I leaned against Rudy, who wrapped an arm around my shoulder and mumbled, "Trying telepathy again?"

"Remind me why I even bother with it."

Rudy chuckled. He shook me a little and dropped his arm as we entered the house. The Clearmoon rep looked pretty upset, so with another lip-bite, I sent out some positive vibes. Not at Greyfur-levels, barely noticeable, but I hoped enough to ease the tension a little.

This was the first time I had full on interacted with anyone outside of Goldenclaw and Greyfur, and it bugged me. I was here because Rudy refused to go unless I did, and I wasn't sure it was a good idea. I obviously wasn't needed, or wanted by anyone outside of Rudy. Frowning at the thought, I ducked my head and refrained from kicking something. Not my home.

But I digress.

Point of story. We were in the house, I hated telepathy (and static, for that matter), and I was the freaky mage chick who wasn't supposed to be here.

There. All summed up.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately, could someone bring my character in please?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown