z

Young Writers Society

Children of the Winged Generation *Started/not accepting*

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Fawn

"I-I didn't mean to- I mean-I didn't try to..." My voice trailed off as my face heated up after kissing Andy on the cheek. What the hell made me do that? I looked down, shuffling my feet in the dirt. Andy didn't say anything, and when I dared to look up, he was smiling out at the horizon. I looked away, pretending I hadn't seen, when I felt his arm wrap around me. God, my face was on fire now. He pulled me close and I slowly leaned against him. For the first time in what seemed like forever, I was completely relaxed. I closed my eyes and felt like I was floating, until Kat's voice interrupted my thoughts. We bother tensed as she told us we had to move. Sighing, I stood up slowly, but remembered I'd been shot in the wing. Cree had been, too. How were we supposed to fly? I unfolded my wing and looked at it. What? Where was the wound? There was no sign that anything had been there in the first place. Not pushing my luck, I helped clean up and got ready to leave. Kat assemble us in ranks, the same as we had before. She took off first, Milo and Cree went second, and Andy and I went last. As we built up speed for takeoff, I spread my wings. I looked beside me, but Andy wasn't there. I looked up, and he was already in the air, laughing.
"Race you to the ranks!" He called, and I gave a devilish smile. I shot up past him and he followed on my tail. The pain in my stomach was gone, meaning I'd probably healed up. I felt his hand grab my ankle and pull me back. I squealed and flipped over, grabbing his shoulders and shoving back hard. He laughed, put off for only a second before he caught back up. He smiled one quite like the smile I gave him earlier, and he managed to grab my wings. I screamed and clung to him, my feet searching for something to wrap around. I was facing up, Andy right above me, and the ground below us we were in ranks, and I looked, down, seeing the island race by. Andy chuckled, probably because of the terrified look on my face, and pulled me closer. He looked me in the eyes, smiled softly, slowly leaned toward my face annnnnnd....

We hit a tree.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Wren
I stood up and unleashing a death glare on Milo. "I don't use all my power because don't you know you can kill someone!" I shrieked my eyes flashing.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:04 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

No, Milo thought. It wasn't possible to kill someone with their own thoughts. Hurt themselves? Sometimes. But what the girl was suggesting was rediculous. Cree's eyes turned cold as she stared at him, her mouth agape.

"You knew this could happen and you still did it? What kind of person are you?" The light that usually filled her eyes when she looked at him had disappeared. She was looking at him with cool indifference as if she were talking to a stranger, and that hurt Milo most of all.

"No, Cree. I-I-That's not what happened I mean I didn't know. And b-besides the person wouldn't know that I made them do something that they didn't mean to."

"Do you do it to me?" She whispered, her eyes turned down.

"No! I wouldn't do that to you. I mean you're my best friend. Don't you trust me?"

"How do I know you're not lying? How do I know you aren't messing with my head right now?" Milo's heart shattered as her sharp words pierced him. His best friend and if he had to admit it to himself, the girl he loved, didn't trust him anymore.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:26 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Katrina~

I felt my heart sink. They were fighting. My family was fighting. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I stepped closer to them.

"Please stop," I whispered. Even the echoing caves couldn't make my words loud enough to hear. They looked at me, seeming to understand why I was crying. I took a step back, wiping the tears from my eyes, but more took their place. "We should move out now." My voice broke and I looked around at every one's face.

I slung the backpack over my shoulder and stretched my wings, wincing as the pain in my shoulder increased. I hoped no one saw the fresh, bright red blood on my shoulder. For some reason, I wanted someone to notice it, I wanted someone to help me, I wanted someone to worry, but now wasn't the time to worry about someone to love me. Besides, my family loved me, and it filled me with joy to see them falling in love with each other after all this time.

Love starts out with friendship, and friendship takes time. All of us had been friends since we were born, considering we'd been in the lab all of our lives. I sighed, touching my shoulder it should heal soon if it wasn't infected. It hurt, and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Hoping no one saw, I ripped off a piece of my shirt and wrapped it around my shoulder. I could have used the first aid in the backpack, but I didn't want to waist it on myself. I was starting to look like Fawn. I had ripped my shirt before, but I couldn't recall what for. My stomach was now showing like Fawns was, and I smiled at the thought. I put a hand o my stomach for no reason at all, but to feel the warmth. Unfortunately, my stomach wasn't warm, it was freezing cold, and the hand felt good on my skin.

There was a movement in my stomach that made my heart flutter. What was that?! I could only think of one thing. I'd heard of the scientists experimenting with breeding, but I never knew they would do such a thing to me. Maybe it wasn't what I thought. Maybe it was just...something that happened to everyone. I continued to fill myself with false hope. No one wanted to love a pregnant girl, no one could love a pregnant girl, because the child had to have a father, and none of us knew who that could be, or if it was even one of us. I kept it to myself, but I was feeling dizzy, my face felt cold, and I could only imagine how pale I was by now. My stomach was doing flips as was my mind. I had to sit down, but I didn't want to. We had to get moving before they found us.

"Are you OK Kat?" Angel asked, her voice seeming miles away. I felt her hand on my back as she came closer to me. Everything was spinning, and I could feel myself reach out for support, but I didn't tell my mind to do it. It was like I had no control over my body. I looked Angel in the eyes, though I could barely see her.

"Yea," I said, grabbing hold to something--and arm, a shoulder, the wall of the cave? "Lets move out." There was a low growl from somewhere, then a loud howl. I cold hear the sound of paws hitting the earth, but this could have been miles away for all I knew. We had good hearing, meaning we could be hearing a pack of dogs far off from us. There was another howl, but it was much closer, and I felt my heart drop.

>Adding drama here. She's pregnant now, by the way, anyone could be the father--one of them or a scientist--and that's a pack of the wolf children they hear by the way. Also Include Jolene's character in your posts! <
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 pm
RayneChild says...

Okay, wait, have we left yet or not? Because some of the posts are still in the cave and others are after they headed out...
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:10 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

We're about to leave. You can go ahead and post forward if you'd like.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:21 pm
RayneChild says...

Okay, I've been saying I was going to post, and I haven't yet :shock: So I will now :)

Andy

Fawn and I sat up, rubbing our heads.

"Ow," she said. "That was stupid."

"Yeah," I replied, laughing. I stood up and helped her to her feet. As we stood there, brushing ourselves off, I thought about my actions just before we made impact with the tree. I took a couple steps toward Fawn and looked at her. She was still brushing herself off. I opened my mouth and delayed my words for a second. "Um, Fawn?"

She looked up. "Hm?"

Right when her face was in view, I made my move. Finally, we made contact. Her lips were soft and I embraced the euphoria of the kiss. When I opened my eyes and broke away, Fawn's eyes remained closed for a couple seconds more. Her face was bright red and her eyes were stunned when they revealed themselves. I smiled at her tauntingly and flew back up to the cave with a wink.

---

^^
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:10 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Fawn

Oh. My. God. I stood there for half a second, my knees shaking. I smiled to myself and felt great. God, fifteen years and I didn't know what I'd been missing. I spread my wings and flew back, following Andy to join the ranks. As I met up with him, I slipped my hand into his, and we flew. I didn't know how long it was, seconds, hours, minutes, until we heard a terrible howl. I whipped around and looked at the ground behind me.
"Get above the cloud banking!" I heard Angel cry. I squeezed Andy's hand and only caught a glimpse of hideous, snarling wolves on the ground. Andy then took the chance to pull me up with him, above the cloud bank. I looked around, trying to make sure everyone was here. But someone was missing....
"KAT!" I shouted, and dove down. I soon spotted Kat plummeting toward the ugly beasts. I shouted her name again, and felt the presence of everyone behind me. I folded my wings back and my eyes teared up at the speed. When I finally got her, she shouted "Let go of me! Let go! I can't have them coming after us!" I only held on harder. As we neared the ground, I unfolded my wings and soared upward.

Until something caught my leg.

I looked down to see a wolf snarling and biting at my foot. I could feel the wind in my hair as my altitude decreased, and Kat had a horrible look in her eyes. I let go of her.
"I'll be fine, go!" I stared into her eyes, and saw nothing but pure fear. She started to shake her head, then nodded. I knew exactly what it meant. She had a plan.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

116 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Katrina~

I had a plan, but I wasn't so sure how good it would be. I was scared, but ready to prove that I could do this on my own, that I could fight without getting hurt. I felt my stomach drop, and my heart stop as I realized just how many of them there were. Maybe a little over twelve. If we all worked together, we could do it, but I couldn't do it again.

"Go tell the others that I might need them to help me distract them!" I yelled to Fawn, who looked to be fighting off one of the wolfs. It was then that I felt a sharp pain on the back of my leg. I looked down the the wolf who's jaw was clenched on my calf, screaming. I pulled my sword, swinging it down to strike the wolf, making it whimper and release my leg. I was laying on the ground now, tears in my eyes, trying to fight off the wolves. The others were on their way down from above the clouds.

"Distract them!" I yelled at them, flying up. I let out another scream as one nipped my wing, pulling feathers and making bright red liquid come from it, just like my leg. I was near the others now, blood running down my leg ad dripping off my bare foot.

"We need a plan," I said sternly as Fawn joined us, her arm bleeding. "Does anyone know how to use a gun?"
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Someone! Post! Don't let it DIE!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Fawn

As I finally got rid of one wolf, two more took it's place. One of them latched onto my arm while I kicked the other one away. The pressure on my arm was so intense, I thought it would shatter at any minute. No, I thought to myself as I pried his jaws open. I can't let this happen again. Turning, I ran away before another could attack. I spotted Kat and the others to the side, out of the wolves' sight. Stumbling over to them, I heard Kat speak.
"We need a plan," She glanced at me then back at the group. "Does anyone know how to use a gun?" I smiled at the familiar equipment in her hand. Before I was taken away, my dad had taught me how to shoot at the range he owned. I hesitated, then stepped forward. I felt Andy tug at the back of my shirt, and looked back at him. He shook his head in the slightest bit, then stepped forward to join me. Kat looked over to me, and quickly handed the gun to me, as if she couldn't wait to get it out of her hands.
"Fawn, you and Andy fly up and take an air attack. Cree, Angel, and Milo will sneak to the left. Wren and I will hit a direct attack." She paused to take a good look at us. "Guys, this might be the last time we see each other. Good luck to all of you." Her eyes widened a little, and her hand went immediately to her stomach. I cocked my head, but decided not to worry with it. She was probably just nervous. As I was getting ready to take off, Andy was already in the air. He picked me up and pulled me with him into the sky. When we finally reached a nice height for a dive-bombing, so to speak, he stopped me.
"Fawn," He said, sounding confident. "Like Kat said, we may never see each other after this." When the words left his lips, my heart was torn. It hit me like a brick, that I may never be able to see him, hold him, or kiss him ever again. I could see in his face that he felt the same way I did. All I could do was nod slowly and never take my eyes off of his.
"And I just wanted you to know that..." He trailed off.
"...That I love you."
My heart skipped a beat when he said that. I'd never heard those words directed at me before, not once. Andy pulled me closer to him, and as his lips met mine, I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes. Oh, what the hell? I thought. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and couldn't get close enough to him fast enough. I moved my head to his shoulder and looked at the ground below us, still clinging to him. It was teeming with wolves, and there was no sign of Kat yet. Sighing, I knew I had to pull away.
" I love you, too, Andy," I whispered. "But we have to do this." He nodded and concentrated on the ground.

And as soon as we saw Kat, we plunged to what might be our deaths.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:47 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Kyrah

I was scared of the wierd doctor people,they have began to do more and more of these horrible tests and it hurt really bad. When they took me in for another test I struggled to get away because the tests they have done have been making me weaker and weaker by the day. "Let go of me!" I yelled but the more I kicked the more they squeezed me tighter,all of a sudden I felt faint and my wings flew open and hit the people in the back of the head. I ran from them til I thought I had lost them but then I fell to the ground weak and I couldnt move,I passed out and hit my head on a wall.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell