Young Writers Society

Children of the Winged Generation *Started/not accepting*

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cree

Oh, crud.

Not only was there a hole in my wing, but now Fawn was shot too? Oh, COME ON!

"Let me go, Mi, I got it," I insisted. He lifted his arms, and I... well, I fell. I squealed and grabbed Milo's forearms. "I don't got it," I amended. So, essentially, I couldn't do anything as my best friend fell.

Thank god for Andy.

He swooped down, shouting for Fawn to hold on. And then he pulled a stunt I didn't think I could for as long as I lived. His wings wrapped around Fawn and his arms looped under hers, and he pulled her into his chest... using his wings. Dude. Kat looked absolutely ticked.

"We're looking for a place to stay." she said, with so much authority it made me wince. Milo saw this expression and his eyebrow furrowed.

"I'm fine," I assured him, waving my hand. He gave me a look. "I agree with Kat," I offered, shooting a very worried look at Fawn. "See, there, there's a cave!" I said, pointing at my discovery. Our little flock (haha, I made a pun!) swooped in. Kat started pacing. Andy was still holding Fawn. I nursed my wing and Milo helped. Him being so near me made goosebumps rip up every square inch of my skin, and my face heat up. He started stammering at times, and I couldn't help to do the same. He was so dang cute when he was nervous!

Did not think that.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

Milo couldn't help but stammer when he was that close to Cree in the air where everything seemed all right. He knew that it was anything but. And he did agree with Kat; they needed to find somewhere safe to recoup and the cave looked like the perfect place. Besides, Cree would want to see if Fawn was all right. Honestly, things weren't looking to good for her.

Milo heard Cree whisper, "Please make it." He didn't think he was supposed to hear that, so he didn't respond. He was done being jealous of their friendship, but to some extent he didn't think Cree's feelings were as strong as his. But whatever she gave him, he would have to accept.

It was harder to land with Cree in his arms, and he asked her if she could hold herself up for a bit so he could position his legs for landing. She tried but fell just like she had when she'd tried a little bit ago. He knew that the landing would be bumpy, but he didn't expect to collide and skid onto the ground like he did. Cree was laying on his stomach, so he got the brunt of the impact. There was so much pain shooting between his shoulder blades, and some of his black feathers were scattered on the ground. There was gonna be one hell of a floor-burn on his back, and he knew he'd be in pain for nearly as long as Cree.

Kat looked on in disappointment and sadness as he tried to clean himself and Cree up. He thought that she probably hadn't planned for any of this to happen.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 pm
RayneChild says...

I'm gonna take this back just a couple minutes... :) I just love dramatic rescue scenes and I had to do it xD If it's too graphic, please tell me and I can change it.

Andy

I paused once I passed through the clouds and waited for Fawn. But...she never came. I looked around frantically before it hit me. I flew at lightning speed down back through the clouds and saw her lying on the ground.

...No...

To make matters worse, a small group of military men were charging toward her. Fury raged inside me and I flew down toward them.

Right as my feet hit the ground, I turned into a saber-tooth and immediately began tearing the men to shreds. My teeth and claws came down through their bones and flesh in a surprisingly pleasing revenge. I ripped through everything my jaws closed upon, and my paws worked with minds of their own as the extended claws tore through skin. Fits of savage and furious roars and snarls escaped my throat as I mangled and mauled the men who had done this to us. Limbs flew all around me as I tore them off maliciously. Their blood flowed down my throat and I never guessed that revenge would taste so good. It sprayed my face and legs and chest as I leaped at them and tore through them. One right after the other, the men fell; some in pieces, others almost in pieces.

They had all been finished off in a matter of minutes. I changed back, swept up Fawn, and made my ascent as fast as I could, still furious at the humans. I saw the group flying toward something in the distance, and I followed them quickly. They landed in a cave on the other side of the island. I laid Fawn on the ground and ripped pieces of my shirt off to bandage her stomach and wing. She had already lost a lot of blood, but at least she wouldn't lose any more.

I've dealt with a lot of things in this place, but never the death of someone I cared so much about. I'd be damned if I let it start right when we were finally, at last, free.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

I faded in and out of consciousness after that. Once when I was flying, not using my wings. I thought I was dead, but I weakly looked up and saw Andy carrying me, flying a little behind the group. I sighed and went out again. Another when we were walking toward a cave. Again when Andy was dabbing at my bare stomach and wing with something. It was fuzzy and I couldn't see clearly. And I woke up for a long while when I was laying on a rock in the cave. I saw the others surrounding a small fire in the center. They were roasting something. Meat, was it? I took a deep breath, taking in the delicious smell, and ignored the sharp pain when i did.
"Fawn?" Cree said. I squinted and focused my eyes on her. My best friend. Always there. I managed to smile, and she hopped up and came over to me, Milo giving me a glare as she did. The sound of her footsteps echoed throughout the cold walls.
"Fawn!" She said, happiness overwhelming her voice. "Hi, Cree," I said hoarsely. She smiled, her eyes watering up the slightest bit. Andy's face appeared behind her, and Cree gave me a quick smile before going back to the fire. Andy then stepped up, carrying a flat little rock with food on it. I smiled and tried to sit up, taking a while to do so, what with the pain bugging me every time I moved. However, the energy when he was near helped mute the pain.
"We got the bullet out," He said quietly, handing me the makeshift plate. "Now all we need is for it to heal over, which should take a few days. The Blue helped build up our immunity system..." He trailed off as I began to eat. He made himself comfortable by my side and sat there until I was done, when he then set the rock aside and stayed there until I fell asleep.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Katrina~

This had me absolutely ticked. I was pacing and thinking. How dare they shoot at my family!? I had never been mad like this before. My hands were shaking so I balled them into fists to stop the shaking. That didn't help much. I sighed, stopping and crossing my arms.

"What now?" one of them asked. I hadn't planned this far. My anger faded and was replaced with sadness as I looked over their faces. My arms fell to my sides as I realised I had no plan. This was just like leading them to war blindly. We had a certain amount of time to track our way out of here and far far away from here before they caught up with us. I dropped the backpack and fell to my knees, unzipping the bag.

I pulled the stuff out, setting it all aside. The backpack was huge, and it was filled up so that one more item, and it would have busted. My hands froze as I gripped the weapon she had slid in there. It was a gun. One of the new ones that they had been working on. Unlimited ammo, precise aim, latest in military weapons. A laser blaster, I'd read about it in one of the files she had gave me before. I didn't know how to use a gun, I barely knew how to fight. I sat it down with shaky hands. I pulled out a map next, which was good if I knew where we were. I'd let one of the others use that. A compass, rope and climbing equipment, matches that I tossed to someone random, cans of food--which I started handing to people and telling them to eat--gauze and medicine, and then blankets. I pulled them out one by one. There weren't but three of hem, meaning we would have to share. I'd sleep without one in that case. My fingers found an envelope at the bottom of the backpack. I pulled it out slowly, folding it in half then sliding it in my pocket,hoping no one had seen it. I was sure it was nothing, but it had my name scribbled on the front.

I sat by the fire someone had managed to build, thinking of a plan. As soon as someone had our coordinates plotted, I'd know what to plan. Until then, I sat there wondering what everyone else was thinking. My shoulder was hurting like heck, and when I touched it, blood covered my fingers. It was nothing, but the sight of the blood made me frown and I knew the bullet was still in there. I didn't like that color, not when it meant we were hurt. I wrapped my wings around myself to cover it so no one would notice. The last thing they needed to do was worry about me.

It wasn't long before most of them were asleep or against the wall of the cave having a conversation, wrapped in the blankets. I was cold, but I'd be OK if I just stayed near the fire. I hadn't eaten either, and I knew I should, but I didn't want to eat up all of the food. I pulled my legs to my chest, closing my eyes and resting my head on my knees, wins still wrapped around me. I was shaking from the cold, but I'd be fine, I was sure I would. It wasn't long before I was laying on my stomach asleep, still shaking.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Cree

I ate side-by-side with Milo trying not to look up. I didn't want to start stuttering again. I was risking it already with our feathers brushing and arms touching. My face was flooded with heat, and I was very glad the firelight would hide the crimson that was surely there.

I cleared my throat. "So. Feels nice not being in the room communicating through knock-language."

"Did you have something against knock language?" His voice held a tone of hurt. One high, two low, three circle. Course not, but not being in those rooms is pretty nice.

He cracked a smile and my insides disappeared entirely. That smile made me feel... floaty.

"I know. If I had to look at one more fluorescent light..." He shuddered and I laughed. That made him chuckle, and me smile more. (See the cycle?) I was eating canned corn, and quite liking it.

"It's not colorless mush!" I announced happily to Milo, who flashed the inside of his can of apples with a grin. More colorless, but not mush, for sure.

"Yum." he mumbled, fishing out another slice. Kat had conked out without eating and I made a mental note to get food into her in the morning, if it meant force feeding her. Didn't care if she was two years my senior- I'd get Fawn to help me. And Milo too, though I doubted he would want to force feed Kat.

I shrugged at myself and continued eating bright yellow, shaped and definitely solid corn.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Fawn

I woke up first the next morning, and looked at my side. Andy was laying on the rock beside me, curved around me so it looked as if he was protecting me. The energy was still there, and I sat up, a little faster this time. The pain in my stomach was muted, but it still hurt. I sighed, and Andy stirred next to me.
"Whazgoinon..." His voice trailed off and I smiled at him. He smiled back, and I realized I didn't want to get up just yet. I laid back down and snuggled close to him, taking in his minty breath. I stared out the entrance to the cave, and watched the beautiful sunrise, feeling the warmth on my skin. Sighing happily, I wrapped my arms around Andy and fell back to sleep
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

78 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:05 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

Milo noticed that Kat hadn't eaten, but he wasn't her concern at the moment. Cree was doing fine for just being shot through the wing. She still couldn't fly but she didn't need to since they were all still hiding out. He watched as Cree's eyes grew heavy. He took the empty can out of her hand and gently laid her down on her uninjured wing.

Suddenly, an ingenious plot planted itself in his head. He stood up, taking the cover and threw it haphazardly of Kat's shivering form. He wasn't doing this for any personal gain; he just wanted Kat to be warm since she sacrificed so much. At least, that would be his cover story. Honestly, he couldn't care less if Kat was cold for one night.

With a sly smirk on his face, he wrapped his wings around Cree's cool body. In an unconscious movement, she put her head on his chest and snuggled into his body. He lay his head on the top of her head and closed his eyes. So this is heaven, he thought with a sigh. Everything would be perfect. They were finally free, Milo was coping with Cree's relationship with Fawn, but he wasn't altogether accepting, they were closer than they had ever been, both physically and emotionally, and life was perfect.

If he could stay in that position for the rest of eternity, he wouldn't complain. With a shot of jealousy to his heart, he imagined Fawn prying them apart. So maybe he wasn't coping as well as he thought.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Cree

I was only half oblivious. Yeah, I was half-asleep, yeah, a little jolt went through me every time I felt a pulse in my wing, but hey... I was warm. And I knew exactly why I was warm. Fawn was going to have a giggle fit if I ever told her. And since a giggle fit would strain her wound, I wouldn't tell her. That and that I wanted to keep this between me and Milo.

With corn (!) in my system and listening to Milo's heartbeat (!!!), I was absolutely certain this was the best, and I do mean best way to fall asleep. Tranquilizer (it has been used on me before) just feels heavy. Sedative makes you loopy. But curled up against the absolute funniest, sweetest, and... er... attractive-est boy you've known since the day he came in? It gave me a sort of sleepy euphoria. Dude. It rocked.

And not to bring about a dark topic, but uh, having escaped an experimental facility rocked pretty hard too.

I was aware of Kat asleep some ways away, a blanket thrown over her. Poor Kat- she deserved it. I can't imagine having all this responsibility. Fawn, I knew, was asleep, and I was fairly certain Andy was too. I wished her luck in that department, even though it was fairly obvious my luck wasn't needed. I hoped Kat found someone. I mean, we all had someone, and she was just... our leader. The Almighty Kat. Heh heh... I liked how that sounded. I'd call her that tomorrow to see how she responded.

But before I could do that, I'd have to sleep. Fine by me. And with that thought, I slipped under into the land of nod.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Adi~

The fight was fast, but felt like it went on forever. I mostly stayed in the same place, throwing things,taking their guns, and wrapping up a few wings with injuries, so the fight for me was a breeze. Anger and adrenaline coursed through my veins, when people challenged me, I let it out, giving no mercy.

The feelings that had built up from my life in cages, and from being poked with needles every day for hours all came out during the fight and man did it feel good! After the battle, the consequences from fighting nonstop came. I was extremely drowsy, and my head ached immensely. My whole body was throbbing, and I felt unusually weak. Side effect? I kept telling myself, but the truth was that I was completely clueless about were it was coming from.

Eventually, the pain subsided, and I managed to fall into a deep sleep.

When I awoke, everyone was awake and most were eating. I stood up and glided over to the group, not wanting to strain my mind with my power, and sat down to someone kind-of friendly looking. My stomach growled almost silently, as I picked up some of the food.

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:29 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Fawn

I woke up one again with my forehead up against Andy's chest. Yawning, I sat up, the pain in my stomach still sharp. I sighed and climbed off the rock, careful not to wake him. I slowly walked to the entrance to the cave, the rock warm against my feet. This was what it was like to be free. I closed my eyes and smiled, feeling the sun's golden fingers run down my arms. Quickly, I stood up, careful not to move my stomach too much. I gathered a few sticks, and placed them carefully in the stone circle we made for the fires. Lighting a match, I tore off yet another peice of my shirt and set it alight. The salt of my sweat acted quickly, and I stuck the burning peice of cloth onto the middle of the pile. The sticks took a while to light, but I got it going. I then looked down at my torn and bloodied shirt, frowning at my now-bare stomach. Whatever. It was cute, right? I took another look at it and thanked God I wasn't fat. I pulled out my wounded wing and examined it just as the others started to wake. Smiling at them, I rumaged through the bag and pulled out some food. I felt a familiar jolt of energy through me, and then a hand on my shoulder. Andy took my wrist and led me outside. We settled on a small rock in front of the cave, staring into the sunrise. I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Andy

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:34 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Wren
I tucked my legs under me and kept my head down thinking. I looked up and smiled when I saw Fawn and Andy looking at the sunrise. I folded my wings so that I was hidden behind them. No one had noticed I was in the back of the cave and I doubted that they would but one could hope. I stretched my wings slowly and started to rub the stiffness out of them sighing quietly knowing we would have to move before long. I smiled slightly and concentrated on Fawn and made her lean forward and kiss Andy on the cheek. I grinned and started to sing quietly not realizing how loud the acoustics were in the cave " I've been watching you from a distance
The distance sees through your disguise
All I want from you is your hurting
I want to heal you
I want to save you from the dark

Give unto me your troubles
I'll endure your suffering
Place onto me your burden
I'll drink your deadly poison

Why should I care if they hurt you
Somehow it matters more to me
Than if I were hurting myself
Save you
I'll save you

Fear not the flame of my love's candle
Let it be the sun in your world of darkness
Give unto me all that frightens you
I'll have your nightmares for you
If you sleep soundly

Let it be the sun in your world of darkness
Give unto me all that frightens you
I'll have your nightmares for you
If you sleep soundly

Let it be the sun in your world of darkness." I stopped singing and froze as I heard my voice echoing in the caves and they all turned to look at me and I turned bright red. "Weird noises right?" I stammered out.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Katrina~

Opening my eyes, I pushed myself up with my hands and rested on my elbows. Someone had put a blanket over me, and I wondered who had done that. I wasn't worried about freezing to death, but I was worried about them freezing to death. Our bodies were tougher than any humans body by a long shot. We were faster, stronger, we healed faster, and we had our new found powers.

I stood, swaying a little. I was lightheaded, but why? My shoulder was still aching, and when I looked at it, my whole shoulder was covered in blood. I covered it with my hand, hoping no one saw it.

"We should pack and head out," I said, turning to face them. They all looked at me. Though I had barely even whispered it, the cave made it sound like I was yelling. I didn't like it.

"Where are we going to go?" someone asked. I shrugged, noticing how it hurt my shoulder.

"Somewhere away from here. They'll track us quickly so we have to move. If we head towards the mountains, there's a chance they wont be able to track us through the snow," I said, sounding like a leader. I wasn't the leader, I was just telling them what we needed to do.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Wren
I glanced at Katrina grateful the attention was diverted away from me. I stretched my wings and packed my bag. "So mountains. Eh?" I said standing up and brushing my jeans off. "Yup." Katrina said and I braved a slight smile at her. "If we are going to the mountains we need to remember to cover our tracks as we go. That will make it less likely for them to track us." I said hesitantly. Katrina glanced at me in respect. "Just not obliterate. Aka not melting the tracks." I added coolly.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

78 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

Crap, Milo thought as he pried his eyes open and Cree was smiling up at him. He took his wings from around her and looked away. "K-Kat looked cold last night, so I gave her our cover. Then y-you started looking cold and I mean you couldn't use your wings 'cause they're hurt so I used mine to help you out." His words were coming faster and faster as he stopped stuttering. He took a deep breath to calm himself, but it didn't help much. "I-I didn't mean anything by it." The hurt look on Cree's face made him think that he'd said the wrong thing. "What I meant to say was I just-I-" He shrugged. He wasn't sure what she wanted to hear and he wasn't helping the situation any.

They both listened to Kat speak about there plan for the day. His face was still burning in embarrassment. Suddenly, some energy pressed into his mind. The energy was familiar, and it was telling him to kiss Cree. He looked around at every face in the cave. He hadn't thought that anyone had the same power that he had, but apparently they did. No one looked like they were using any power until he saw an unfamiliar face. Her name was Wren wasn't it? He knew that his power was stronger than hers since her energy was feeble against his mind. He made her trip and fall on her face for trying to make him do something that he didn't want to.

"What did you just do to her?" Cree said, her eyes sharp and angry as they glared at Milo.
Last edited by pinkangel54123 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Want a heavenly review?

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA