z

Young Writers Society

Children of the Winged Generation *Started/not accepting*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK! So, this was just an idea that I had, and I wanted to test it out. It was inspired by two things, the SB Winged Ones, and the books for Maximum Ride. Enjoy!

Back story

The year was 2043 when a disease became known. It didn't last long, and only pregnant women could get it. It wasn't a threat to anyone at first and most of them didn't know they had it, but when the women who had this disease gave birth to the child, the child had wings. Hundreds of children were taken from their parents in the following three years the disease was still out there, which was known as "The Winged Generation". They were brought to a laboratory, far off on a huge island, miles away from any civilization. There, they tested the children, dissecting them like frogs, and throwing out the dead ones like garbage. The children were raised, but teaching them wasn't allowed, for they were not human. They were treated as animals, locked in uncomfortable cells with chains to hold them down and bars over the windows. Other diseases were killers as well, considering they didn't have medical treatment for any of them.

Story Plot

Today, as a child of The Winged Generation, you notice much has changed from when you were first brought to the island. They are now teaching you things, giving you classes for fighting, monitoring you day and night like you were being trained for war. Doctors and military men are replacing many of the scientists, but those who are still remaining are still experimenting, killing of your family, one child at a time.

The doctors don't hurt you in any way, but they are meaner. The military men work you to death, yelling in your face half the time. And the scientists are rarely seen, but they cower from the new owners of the laboratory. You are defenceless, but you are being treated better than when the scientist were running the place. The chains have been removed, beds have been put in, white padded room built in a whole new sector for you to sleep in. The old area is off limits, and being examined for demolition.

You find your chance, you and some of the other teens there, to escape, for, when that area is destroyed, a huge hole will be in the laboratory leading out to the rest of the island. Though, just getting out of your room unnoticed is impossible, so how would you be able to make it to the hole without someone seeing you?

Powers

Each of you have a different set of powers (listed below) that the scientist hadn't known about, because you yourself had found out no less than a month ago. Your rooms are resistant to any of them, though, so it's no use trying. You don't have the same strength number as a human, meaning you are stronger, and you can run faster as well along with healing faster than any human. Getting outside may be your only hope to save yourself and lose them forever, though it's not that simple...

Powers: (I tried to make it so those with the elements could also control some of the weather)

Spoiler! :
1. Invisibility- can turn invisible for no longer than 40 minutes at a time.

2. Mind reading- can read the minds of others, but not manipulate.

3. Mind freak- can manipulate the minds of others, but of their own kind (as in not human)

4. Fire freak- can control fire with your mind and when you are burned by fire, it heals in no time. Also, you can control lightning.

5. Water freak- can control water with your mind (cannot breathe under water) and can make it rain.

6. Air freak- can make strong winds appear from no where, and can control when it is sunny or when the clouds come in and make the skies dark.

7. Earth freak- can control plants and earth (rocks) and can move the moon (with your mind)

8. Telekinesis- lifting things with your mind.

9. Animal Freak- you can transform into an animal for 40 minutes at a time.

Secrets

This is government work, meaning you are there for a reason rather than just being killed. The military is there, teaching you to fight, only because there is a war coming. But this war isn't between you and the humans. It is between the Wolf generation, a generation like you, but they can turn into a wolf, huge and mighty. They have powers just like you do, but you have the advantage to fly, and they have the advantage of running faster than you.

The Wolf Generation are controlled by a Lord Leopold, ruler of the island far from you, past another string of islands, which are to be the battlefield. You don't know any of this, though, but one scientist, Dr. Chevek, tells you about it. She is on your side to help you escape, but don't be fooled by her beauty, it can kill. She will help you out of the building, but once you are out there, she hands you the weapons, and tells you the battle has begun. She says no more than that, but she will meet up with you later to help you.

Pictures
Here are a few pictures of what it all looks like:

The room:
Spoiler! :
Image (They're normally white, but they have different black patterns in them.

The island:
Spoiler! :

The laboratory:
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image That surrounded by hundreds of trees and no parking lot or cars.

Rules:

Spoiler! :
1. Sex is allowed, but don't describe every detail please!

2. Cussing is allowed, and I don't care if you drop the F bomb, but don't have a whole sentence with nothing but cussing.

3. Ask before you kill off another character, we might have a plan.

4. I'd rather not read something that has every description of how someone was killed, but do be descriptive.

5. Try to post regularly, and try to let us know when you'll be gone, if you can.

6. I'm not making this a big deal, but try to keep your posts above 500 characters.

7. Regular YWS rules apply.

Character profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Age (16-18 please, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you have younger or older):

Appearance: (Most people are saying no emo pictures, and sorry, I'm going to say the same thing, though Anime is allowed)

Wings:

Personality:

Up for love?:

Powers:

Secret (Everyone has one):

Any questions, just ask, nothing wrong with it, and I wont think you're crazy because you don't understand something. This is complicated, I know, so I'm expecting someone to ask something. PM me if you have any ideas. The DT is here. Good luck!
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Cree Scarlet

Appearance: Red hair and bright green eyes. Small, but athletic.

Spoiler! :

Wings: Big and red; can either go horizontal or vertical.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Sharp tongued, bold, and impatient, tough. She's a fighter, and doesn't deal well with emotional problems. She doesn't pick fights, but if she's in one, she's bound to do well. Once you find yourself her friend, she's caring and a bit motherly, and always willing to help. But that side of her hasn't been unlocked yet.

Up for love?: YES!

Powers: Fire freak.

Secret (Everyone has one): Was one of the very first to be brought to the lab. Can operate lab technology and actually knows how everything works, even if she won't tell.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Of course Ninjy!

Name: Katrina Nova Strong (Sense they don't know their last name, they give each other last names. That's hers. She's sometimes called Nova, Kat, or Kitten)

Age (16-18 please, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you have younger or older): 18

Appearance: Tall and thin with white hair with light blue tips that match her wings.
Spoiler! :
Image That's her natural hair color.

Wings: Huge and white with light blue feathers at the bottom like her hair.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is strong and courageous, yet caring and tender. She has a strong heart, and she loves all of her family and cares for them no matter what. She feels safe when she is around them. Katrina is a simple girl, not hard to figure out her likes and dislikes, and she doesn't like to keep secrets, though some are needed. She loves to be around people, and she loves to talk, but she's also good at listening and understanding things other people don't. She has the best advise for people, and everyone in the lab knows her because she's friendly. She is also good at fighting, and she kicks butt when she needs to, so don't let your guard down near her. She loves to practice and push herself to see how far she can go. She is very competitive, but she lets people when some times so she doesn't seem like the kind to always beat everyone at everything.

Up for love?: Yesh!

Powers: Invisibility

Secret (Everyone has one): She cries blood on occasion.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 pm
untameabletiger says...

Telekinesis female spot please(: and yes, it is like Maximum ride, and you know how much I love em!

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Yup, that's why I did it!

Also, I'm not starting until we have an even number of guys and girls, so at the moment, we have 2 girls, and probably 3 and NO guys...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:13 pm
RayneChild says...

Claiming Animal Freak! I'll make a guy, and post in a sec :)

Question, do all the animal forms have wings also, or is it up to me?
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

RayneChild wrote:Question, do all the animal forms have wings also, or is it up to me?

It's really up to you, but I'd rather they did have wings. But, like I said, it's up to you.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Can i have a spot for a female?
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Yes, but I seriously need more guys!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

well if you want i can make a guy..it really doesnt matter, What do you want me to make?

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:31 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

This should all be on the DT..you can make both...helps with..something...character building? IDK.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

lol ok i can make both..well try to anyways!! :)

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK.

Also, as soon as we get the same amount of girls and guys, like I said before, we'll begin.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:37 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

do we have to have a picture of their wings? lol and is it alright if my two people are brother and sister or not?

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Unless they were born at the same time, then they wouldn't really be brother sister. Well...IDK, there was 3 years to the disease...make sure the ages are at the most 3 years apart then.

And yes, I do want a picture of your wings. And, once again, I MADE A DT FOR THIS STUFF!! *Points to her first post*
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou