z

Young Writers Society

Camp Supernatural [Closed]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:08 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rhema(Ema)~

By now everyone was demonstrating their powers. I watched the two girls torment the guy, and almost started crying because I was laughing so hard. I wanted to be a part of this! I thought. I cleared my mind, with my eyes closed. After taking a deep breath, I concentrated on the group of seniors. After a few seconds, I glared at the blue eyed guy, he returned the stare as a wicked smile gradually appeared on my face.

"Whatca' lookin' at newbie?" he said in a playful tone.

"Whats it look like?" I replied snappily, as I started walking towards him.

"Looks like a weak little girl is about to get hurt." He said acting tough.

"Yea, You" my eyes change color from electric blue, to bright purple as my right hand moved once in a circular motion.

The seniors around him spun around to face him, all of their eyes flashed purple as well. The group attacked the blue eyed guy instantly. I now was concentrated on him, my eyes flashed purple again, and he fell to the ground, weak.He was at my will.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sanuye:

"No," I yelled, watching as the blue-eyed guy fell, his friends with him. "Stop, please."

I ran forwards, ignoring the others and got between the girl and the seniors. She hesitated, glancing at me with bright purple eyes.

"Stop," I said. She glared past me at the boy, who was staring at me now. I could feel his gaze burning a hole in my back. "Stop," I repeated in a firmer tone.

"What are you doing?" the blue-eyed boy asked. I ignored him.

"I can't control what the forest does for me when I'm angry," I said. "Stop. Please, it's done. He's learned his lesson." I hoped blue-eyes had. If he hadn't, he was in for a lot of pain.

The girl hesitated, purple eyes returning ot me. Behind me I heard the boy cough.

"I've learnt my lesson," he muttered.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rhema(Ema)~

I stopped, then looked back at her. "Thats all I wanted from him." My eyes slowly changed back to there normal color. Then, directed at blue eyes, I hissed "Don't mess with me and my friends." Even though I wasn't using any power, my glare could still weaken even the strongest people. I moved the wet hair out of my face, then walked back to the rest, who were speechless, and took deep breaths. "Sorry, my anger, in extreme cases, sometimes gets the best of me." I said still calming myself down. I feel bad for letting my anger explode, but that jerk deserved it, and you know it. I sent the thought to the rest of the people around me.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 am
Pundit says...

-Name:Travis Holloway

-Appearance:tall, dark hair, brown eyes, slightly developed build

-Personality:he's a tinkerer, rather thoughtful, makes connections other people might not understand at first, tends to think he's right(because he usually is), but he doesn't make much of being wrong, easily distracted, but not by stupid stuff, and he usually gets back to what he was distracted from

-Ability:electromagnetics. He can do many things with his power. He can turn invisible, he can climb walls with no handholds, he has limited levitational abilities, he can walk on water, he can bend or alter the wavelength of light, he can reverse or cause radioactive decay

Dislikes:

Strengths:memory

Weaknesses:

-Bio:not very exciting-until he was struck by lightning.That was when his ability developed. Also, his brother was big on medieval stuff (and other war stuff)

-Up for love:yes

-Other:gay, has an exceptional, possibly eidetic memory, usually carries his MP3 player with him
Last edited by Pundit on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sanuye:

I watched the girl walk off and dropped my hands. Well...that was easy.I straightened up and looked behind me. Blue-eyes was helping himself and his friends up. He was frowning at me, blue-eyes was.

"Why'd you help me after knocking me over?" he asked. I snorted and shook my head.

"The forest gets mad when I do. I don't control it."

He nodded, accepting that. "Thanks."

I shrugged and walked back to the group, catching the tail end of the thought sent my way. ...but that jerk deserved it, and you know it. I sighed. That'd be right.

"So," I asked, brushing damp hair out of my face. "What're we going to do about this capture the flag thing?"
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:29 am
Day says...

Aron Swift (Fire manipulation):

I wasn't really sure who else was in my cabin, but I thought I saw a guy leaving it before I arrived. He seemed very sure of himself, and after examining the cabin for a while I heard a commotion outside. Striding out of the cabin I could see a group of teens, who I recognized as other newbies, facing a group of seniors that were in the forest. From the cabin I couldn't see much of what happened, but all of a sudden most of the seniors started attacking the leader. It was a strange sight indeed.

Next one of the girls jumped in front of the senior, and I guess she told the other newbies to back off because they stopped. I figured the seniors had underestimated us newbies once, but I doubted they would let it happen again. Another thing that was strange was the fact that none of them seemed to use their powers during the confrontation. Maybe they were keeping them a secret until the capture the flag game. Well, I guess I would find out later.

A good amount of time had passed, so I figured that it would be nearing time for the weird guy's class. How many of the other newbies planned on attending? I was definitely planning on going, although I knew a lot it wasn't enough. These seniors would no doubt beat us at any game with their experience. Might as gain some for myself I figured.

The group of newbies were conversing as I walked up to them. It seemed the seniors had left for the time being. At first they didn't notice I had walked up from behind them, so I said, "Any of you planning on going to that lesson?"
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 am
AngerManagement says...

Rex

I had woken up ages ago and had gone searching for my room. After searching for a while I gave up and went climbing. I loved climbing. I also loved spying on people, therefore climbing and spying= Happy Rexxie.

I saw what seemed like a couple of girls beating up on a Senior. Then I saw the seniors beating up on a fellow senior. Then I saw one of the girls restraining the other girl. Whoa... Camp A la Freak just gets better and better.

I leaned too far on the branch and it broke....

I started to fall but I knew I wouldn't fall at least thats where this stupid power came in handy. I felt time go back, back to the point were I leaned on the branch.

"Any of you planning on going to that lesson?" Some random guy asked. I wondered why I was here again. Oh, yeah. Damn Parents.

And then the branch cracked again but this time time didn't go back.

"F- Crap!" I yelped as I fell on the ground.

I dusted myself up and turned to the group."Hello. Fancy meeting you down here." I said.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:38 am
View Likes
Cirque says...

Amy D. Rivers:

For most of the fight between us - new campers - and the seniors; I had kept my hands clamped over my ears, stood in the corner of two large pine trees and shrieked girlishly - oh, how heroic of me! What else could I do? What, levitate 'em to death. Yeah! That sure would've had them on the floor screaming for their Mummy's. Pulling my attention away from my own cowardice, I turned into a question that Aron. Before anyone could answer, the boy I had smiled at in the cafeteria landed in the middle of us, a tree branch landing next to him. Shilo jumped back, a ball of light forming above her closed hand.

"Hello. Fancy meeting you down here." he said.

I couldn't help but smile. At least someone managed to keep their humor about them. Of course, I wasn't going to say that to the others. By the way they were still worked up, I'd probably be mauled to death! A fog horn let lose above the cabins. I looked upwards to see Derek - the chubby guy - blowing as hard as he could on the muzzle of a conch shell. His cheeks were flamed red as he used most of his energy to get the message across; class time!

"So?" Aron asked, looking quickly from Derek then to us.

"I am and so is Amy!" Shilo slung her hand around my neck and squeezed. I guess she was still energized by her victory, I giggled quietly under the hood of my jumper.

"But what are we-" someone said before they were cut off by another wail of the conch shell.

"Better not leave chubby waiting," Shilo harped, leading me towards the hill. I trailed limply after her. Wimp! The words raced across my head. Why hadn't I taken part in the little - okay, large - quarrel. I must look like the weakest and most vulnerable camper! That would definitely not work well on my behalf at Capture the Flag tomorrow.

Pushing myself towards the top, Derek came out from behind a tree readying to blow on the shell.

"It's about time you fools came!" I glanced behind me to see most of the newbies, though my hood stopped me from seeing if they had all come. "C'mon then, grab a wooden swords and choose a partner! No time for goofing!" He roared once none of us moved towards a thick, red barrel holding numerous size wooden swords.

I felt my legs move involuntarily towards the barrel, a gust of wind pelted against the 'training grounds'.

"Oh, very clever; wind charmer, who ever you are! Are you all daft; get a blooming sword! Do I have to choose partners for you damn people!"

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm
Sins says...

Deano DiCaprio

I felt like the biggest idiot ever. While all of the other guys were fighting with their tree powers and stuff, I was stood there, watching like a little, innocent kid. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice though. They all assumed that I was loving all of the fighting. Sure, I liked watching jerks get what they deserved, but violence wasn't my thing. Not after what happened with that excuse of a father I had. I sighed; I couldn't let people start realising that I was some kind of terribly stupid wannabe.

There were a lot of things that I could do with my powers if I put my mind to it, especially non-violent stuff. I could have made one of those idiot seniors lick another one's ass if I wanted to; literally, but no way was I planning on using any powers here. It was weird. I didn't want to be some supernatural creep, so I certainly wasn't going to act like one. Besides, if you asked me, all of those guys overreacted like hell. If I was a senior, I'd have pulled a prank on the juniors.

Meanwhile, the dude with 20 chins had been ordering us to pick up some swords or something. When I heard the word swords, I was interested. When I realised that the word wooden had come before it, I didn't bother listening any further. Wooden swords...? How on earth was I supposed to use my powers with a piece of wood? I could become living things. Not dead trees carved into shapes.

"Oh, very clever; wind charmer, who ever you are! Are you all daft; get a blooming sword! Do I have to choose partners for you damn people!" Derek's voice blared, along with his chins.

Okay. That dude had some serious issues. Maybe it was an American thing? The whole 50 stone, single and having to have a crane to get out of bed thing? Nah, it couldn't be. The other guys here were American's, they weren't fifty stone and there wasn't a crane in sight.

As I thought about this, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. Derek obviously wasn't very impressed. The second he saw me laughing quietly to myself, his eyes turned to me and narrowed viciously.

"What is so funny that you can't even keep your concentration for one whole minute?!" He was quite obviously past angry now.

"It's just that, when you speak, your chin-" I paused briefly. "chins vibrate... you should check it out in a mirror or something. It's seriously immense, mate."

Unsurprisingly, fatty didn't like my honest comment. Come one though, he asked me why I was laughing, I told him. Whatever happened to you should never lie? Besides, I highly doubted that no one had ever called him 'overweight' before.

"Grab a sword and pick partners!" He suddenly screamed, making everyone freeze in their spot. "And you, my boy," He pointed at me whilst I winked back at him, "are going to have a nice little chat with me."

Prick.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 pm
Pundit says...

Travis-
Fortunately, I managed to deflect the water pouring down away from any of my stuff. I saw some of the others getting into a fight with the senior who set it up, demonstrating their powers for all to see.

Now, the class looked interesting. It would be good practice dodging blades while unseen. However, before I did that, I wanted to ask a question. "We're not using wooden weapons during the contest, are we?"

"Some may use wooden staves or clubs, but you will also be using real swords and whatnot."

With that, I walked into the trees for privacy in becoming invisible.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:45 am
Cirque says...

Amy D. Rivers

I grabbed at one of the wooden swords and began to roll it in my hand. It was pretty heavy. How I knew? Why, I was dragging it across the floor to move the darn thing! Derek sighed noisily as everyone was persistent not to move.

"What, have you got cotton in your ears?" his eyes flashed towards me. "Get me one of those swords and come 'ere girly. Okay, everyone watch!"

Taking the sword I offered, he pointed it evenly at my chest. "I'm going to teach you a few lunges and parries. Alright, first move! Run at me!" he shouted the order. Nervously I struck at him, Derek swung his sword and deflected the move. For a fat man he sure could move that blade!

"That's basic defending. From where ever you opponent strikes, always use your sword as a deflection; simple enough? Of course! Now practice. Start with one person striking from a high, medium then low angle and the other defending; once after six thorough practices swap over."

Pushing me into the crowd with the butt of his wooden sword, I landed in front of a boy.

"Hello," he said rolling his shoulders and tossing the blade from either hand.

Nervously, I croaked back a hello. He looked at me weirdly - probably contemplating whether I had turned into a frog because of the way my voice sounded.

"What's your name?"

"Amy."

"I'm Rex, you ready?"

I nodded. Smiling; he struck upwards. Bringing the wooden sword up, I felt the two planks hit squarely, rattling pain ran down my hands and across my jaw line. Before I could recover, Rex went towards my middle. Shuffling backwards, I missed the sword; just barely.

"No!" Derek suddenly screamed, I jumped; my heart practically jumping into my throat. "Protect yourself with your blade! Only at last result do you move back."

I felt my cheeks flush red with embarrassment - idiot! Rex came at me again, this time: a little less aggressive. Pulling the fake sword up, the tip of his sword slid down mine. Going again for my legs, I swung the blade in an arc and managed to stop his blow.

"Ready for another round?" Rex asked, seeing my shoulders relaxing. I sighed loudly, the words "no" lingering on my lips.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Can someone bring in my characters please?

Ashley-Marie has super strength and Luce can turn invisible, create a protective forcefeild, and manipulate objects.
Live, Love, Laugh

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 am
AngerManagement says...

Rex.

Not only was my ass still smarting from the fall, I had walked into the class that I was meant to be skipping. Smart, Very smart. I scolded as I walked in. But to my surprise it wasn't proper class it was combat and I was absolutely delighted to say the least.

I was paired up with some girl. She looked kind of weak seeing as she kind of fell in front of me but I knew enough not to underestimate my opponents. I knew girls who had beat the crap into me as embarrassing as it is.

"Hello." I called smiling at her. I then tossed the sword around. Yes, I am showing off. I mean she is hot, well kind of.

She repeated something that sounded like a hello but I doubted was one. I went into Auto drive and rambled a few pleasantries. What I really wanted to do was fight.

"You ready?"

She nodded. I reached with the sword and lunged at her, It was fun fighting with her. She put up a good fight but she wasn't the best fighter and well neither was I.Blobby-my new name for the counselor- interrupted our spar screaming orders at her when she was clearly doing okay and destroying her concentration.

We tried again but it wasn't the same.

"Ready for another round?" I asked but she looked absolutely crushed so I changed tack.

"Do you want to just skip this class?" I asked dragging her out of the class before she had a chance to protest. Good thing Blobby was telling off Deano.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:47 am
fictionfanatic says...

Why isn't anyone really posting? I really like this storybook and don't want it to die!
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:47 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rhema~

I Walked into the class to see other already fighting and Derek yelling. The wooden sword in my hand, was temping me to lash out all my pain and anger on the closest person.But, i contained myself for my partner.I waited for the unlucky person to be paired with me. I knew that i would be underestimated, which would be i dumb move, so I stood near the back.

Other people were paired up and began sparing, and Derek yelled at a girl. My stoumach twisted, the anger was comming up again. I looked down, not wanting to get in trouble for hurting him, I could feel my eyes changing, but I kept me gaze downward, until I saw feet in front of me,but they weren't Derek's.

(Anyone?)

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year