z

Young Writers Society

Dark Eco

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:56 pm
SisterItaly says...

save talk like this for the DT *points to main post*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

**sorry tired of waiting for LOTDR to post her profiles, LOTDR please post them in the DT ASAP**
Rikki

I lay on my cot. The pain is incredible. I just got back from another dark eco treatment. My body is numb where it isn't in pain. We have been stuck here for a year. Well, how many of us were left. I wondered how many of us were left, of the lord knows how many were taken. The pain begins to sub-side in the very tips of my fingers and toes. Feeling returning. So soon? Who could do this? Who could cause so much pain to so many people? Who could pump pure liquid eco into people for a whole year? Who? WHO!?

Cornelius, Cornelius, Cornelius.

His voice whispered in my head. Making me furious. I heard a scream pierce the night. Or was it day? You couldn't tell in here. Inside the walls, or inside the city. We are all his prisoners. Another scream but through the air. I felt bad for whoever it was. I never met the others. We never got to talk. The most we see of each other is when we are walked to our treatments, or when we were being taken out of here in a body bag. We didn't even eat together. I wiggled my fingers, and smiled. the pain beginning to sub-side more and more. I lifted my head carefully and looked down at my torn clothes. Two outfits. That's all we were allowed. I was wearing a torn and dirty, faded blue sundress. I heard another scream. Tears rimmed my eyes, and I choked out a sob.

His name laced around my ears again. My palms grew clammy as I broke out into a cold sweat. His name dancing in my head. I screamed and jumped up. I flung myself at the wall of the small cell. I turned to the bars, my chest heaving with breath of anger and frustration. I flung myself at the door, breaking the lock and denting the door. Alarms began to blare. I heard another lock smash. I smirked. I would kill Cornelius. I wanted his blood on my hands. I pushed the door open, it slammed against the wall, coming off one of it's hinges.

His name slicing through my consciousness. I turned to see another, sweaty, laboured breathes, trembling in frustration. They studied me as I studied them, then we made eye contact.
"Let's get out of here." They said, turning their back to me.
"Let's get the others and get out of here." I corrected and agreed. They nodded, head still turned from me. We took off. We had much to face. Armed guards, for one. That and we couldn't take the direct exit, where ever that was. We had to be smart. We had to escape.

**I could be with anyone** and I forgot to mention when they get to angry they frenzy, they can harm each other if they fought, but if they fought with a non-eco they could kill them. Of course bullets and stabs take there toll on us.**
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

James

"Let's get the others and get out of here." the girl corrected me. I nodded, and started running alongside her. I wanted badly to get out of there as fast as possible, but I knew she was right. We had to get the others first. Then, nothing could stop us. Cornelius would be way past dead by the time we were finished with him.

Some of the others had already broken out, and finally we were all out of our small, pathetic excuses for cells. I had never seen any of them. We weren't allowed to. It was good to finally see who else had been treated like me, even if it was only a few of them. Most had died, but we were the few who had survived.

Another scream ripped through the air. I felt bad for the person who was having that blasted dark eco put into them by that stupid, ruthless, masochistic Cornelius. Honestly, I hoped, for their sake, they didn't survive. They would be prisoners forever if they did, and no one deserved that. No one deserved what they were getting right now, but I didn't want them to have to continue with it like I did.

Guards came out with loaded shot guns. We all stopped for a moment, but we weren't going to let that stop us. We all wanted to get out of here, and we were going to do whatever it took to do just that.

((Sorry it's so short.))
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sierra|In Her Cell:

I curled in on myself, whimpering. The pain was bad. Worse than any pain I'd ever felt. I buried my face in the blanket and sobbed. I never saw anyone. I was depressed... Why was he so damn cruel.

Cornelius.

His name echoed through my mind. He was crazy, a madman. I hated the Dark Eco treatments, hated being away from my friends. I missed my family...I missed what my life was like...before. I drifted into a dazed, listening to the sounds around me but not really 'there'.

After I'd been laying there for a few hours, listening to the screams, there was an awful hollow breaking sound and I blinked. Someone had ripped the door to me cell off it's hinges.

"Hello?" someone called. It was boy, as far as I could tell. I'd never been that close to a boy before.

"Over here," I croaked and felt them move closer.

"Oh, damn," he muttered. "Hey, you alright?

I suddenly remembered what I was wearing, which wasn't much. A torn, tattered and filthy dress. I need a new one.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:04 am
Razcoon says...

Domani

A breath hisses out of my clenched teeth, bearing with the pain. All my life I've lived by my own phrase "If you're ever in a situation you aren't happy with, bear with it until it's finally over. Everything has an end."

But this has been going on forever.

Other people are screaming in pain, all thanks to that freaking bastard Cornelius. Instead of fearing him, I'm angry with him, and upset with myself for not being able to do a damn thing.

A sudden crash makes me look up, startled. My door has been knocked down...one man and two girls, I think, come into my room, the girl faltering behind a little.
Last edited by Razcoon on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:36 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I know I never get anywhere when I ask this, but I'm way too busy to post at the moment, and I don't want to wait until it's too late to bring my character in, so can you please please PLEASE bring Nova in??
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

Rikki *rikki is a GIRL*

I helped the other girl walk as we busted this girl out. Purple hair, interesting. Another scream ripped through the air. A guard came in, fully loaded shot gun pointed at us. I leaned the girl against the wall, and stepped towards him. He put his finger on the trigger, and I leaped at him. I knocked him over, shot gun falling out of his hand and sliding away. I held him by the throat, sitting on him. I looked back at the others.
"Get moving! Get the others I'll catch up!" I screamed. They took off running for the next cell and I punched the guy in the face. His nose broke and he coughed up a bit of blood. I quickly turned his head and snapped his neck. What was I becomeing?

*Time skip*

We all ran down the street, no one paying mind to us. The cold night air running through my hair. We turned into an ally, the musky scent hit my nose. We stopped and I began to stretch. It felt good to be free! My palms became less clammy and I calmed down. I noticed my my breathing become steady again.
"Now, who the hell are all of you?" One guy turned to me.
"We could ask you the same." He said, leaning against the wall.
"Rikki, now names." I demanded. "Sorry, It's been a year since I've talked to anyone, kindness isn't my greatest trait right now"
"James."
"Nova"
"Domani" and soon we were all named off.

We sat in the ally. catching our breath and calming down. A guy came down the ally. He didn't look very old.
"Are you, did you just come from the prison?" He asked, James turned to him.
"What's it to you?" He asked. He took out a map, and pointed to a far corner, in the very corner of the slums.
"There is talk of a rebellion. Somewhere here in the slums. They can help you." I turned to the others. Did we really need help?

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm
Fox says...

James

It was good to be free, and surprisingly easy to reach freedom. I wondered why I hated done that years before now. I caught my breath and we all introduced ourselves. I hated seen other people for as long as I'd been taken. It felt good, but strange. I didn't care. I was out of that blasted place.

"Are you, did you just come from the prison?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I turned to him an narrowed my eyes.

"What's it to you?" I countered. He seemed like a sweet mind. I didn't want to kill him, but I would if he was going to take my freedom away from me.

"There is talk of a rebellion. Somewhere here in the slums. They can help you." The man said, getting out a map and pointing to the far corner. We all exchanged looks.

"I think we're okay." Rikki said. "We don't really need help."

"Don't underestimate Cornelius. He has much more power than you think." The man said warningly. Again, we all looked at each other. I shrugged and gave Rikki a 'might as well' look. She sighed and nodded.

"Thanks." she said to the man. He just smiled sweetly and handed me the map, and we were off.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

114 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am
Razcoon says...

Domani

The sweet, sweet air is in my lungs, the map is in James's hand...

"I'm glad we're out of that blasted place, away from that Corn-lust man. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've taken to calling him Corn-lust. Isn't it amazing what seems funny when you haven't heard any jokes in so long?"

Nova's eyebrows scrunch together. "I guess so..." she mumbles. Well, I know so. I sigh, discontented.

"Look, we need to find a way to kill Cornelius." Did I just say kill? After a moment of thought, I realize I'm not going to take it back. I want to kill this bastard.

A man is walking down the streets. I hold up a finger in the 'one minute' sign, and walk up to kiss him on the mouth then walk back. He stares after me with an expression that screams "What the hell?"

Rikki stares at me with the same expression. "What the hell?" she asks. Okay, so that was totally a What-The-Hell moment.

"I haven't seen a man in so long. We're women, am I the only one with hormones here, or am I just crazy?" No answer. I guess I'm crazy, then.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Sara Rose *Called Ice*

Appearance: (No anime, no scene girl and guys description optional, picture prefered) http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... magesearch

Personality: She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check. She has nerves of steel.

Up for love: Yes

Other: Loves to sing and write and draw.

Name: Seth Rose

Appearance: (No anime, no scene girl and guys description optional, picture prefered) ): http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =13kvuos9a

Personality: : Cold and cruel towards people who make his sister sad. Sweet and kind towards friends and his family. He has a quick temper almost as bad as his sisters.

Up for love: Boo yah!

Other: He loves his sister and will kick anyones ass who makes her cry.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

114 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 am
Razcoon says...

[Can't see your pics!]

The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes