z

Young Writers Society

It's Elementaly Mental! (dumb title, i know, will change)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 pm
Araidne says...

Ok, I thought this might make a good plot, so here it goes:

Storyline: The Four Courts were created to protect humanity from the spirit world. The courts each have control over and element, and are named after their elements: Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Each Court also controls its own season and location: Earth= Spring, East. Water=Winter, North. Air=Autumn,West. and Fire=Summer,South.
Though made immortal, each mage can only rule for 500 years, and then they must choose a successor from the mortal realm. Time's up for the current mages, and now they have to go into our world to find their replacement.
Trouble is, the balance has shifted in the Spirit World, and now the Darkmeres are loose. The Darkmeres are evil spirits bent on creating a world of blood and destruction, and the only thing that's keeping them from coming into our world is that they need the four tools that , legend says, the original mages used to lock them into the Spirit World. But no one knows where these tools are. Now, besides learning how to control their new powers, the new mages must track down these legendary items before it's to late.

Okay, so we are going to start when the old mages find their heirs, vice versa.
The Four Artifacts are either in the Spirit World, or in our world. The Darkmeres can't come into our world, unless they possess someone. Now for the artifacts:
Earth- cauldron
Water- chalice
Air- lance
Fire- sword

Rules-
No god moding
Mild cursing only
Can have love, but don't be explicit

Character layout:
Name
Age (and age they look like if an old mage)(please keep at sixteen and above for the new mages)
Court (if spirit, specify which (Darkmere, etc)
Appearance ( photo, NO anime)
Personality

Characters
Four Senior Mages (two male, two female)(one female taken/earth)
Four Junior Mages (two male, two female)(females, one male/air and earth taken)
Darkmere Leader
Various humans and spirits

Other Stuff: each Court has its own "domain", which look like this:
payneHouseAutumn02-800w.gif
Air Court
payneHouseAutumn02-800w.gif (372.4 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Homestead051.jpg
Fire Court
Homestead051.jpg (29.07 KiB) Viewed 618 times
1072318-The_Gable_Mansion_on_a_rare_snow_day-Woodland.jpg
Water Court
1072318-The_Gable_Mansion_on_a_rare_snow_day-Woodland.jpg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 603 times
bosham-manor-house.jpg
Earth Court
bosham-manor-house.jpg (180.18 KiB) Viewed 603 times
[attachment=1]1072318-
Last edited by Araidne on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 pm
SisterItaly says...

spot saver female young mage!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 pm
untameabletiger says...

save spot!! junior female mage

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Can I claim a bag guy?
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm
Araidne says...

Yes. Bad guys are needed.
Oh, I'm claiming a spot as the senior earth mage
The Lady of Shalott

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Nice. I guess I'll be a second-in-charge. Also, how old can I be? And do we need a history or other in the profile? And do we have elements like the good guys? I guess I'll be possessing someone, won't I?

Edit: Profile coming.

Darkmere:
Name: Seraphina 'Sarah' Mortimer.

Court: Darkmere.

Appearance: Seraphina is currently possessing a young chinese woman with black hair, pale skin and dark brown eyes. She likes to dress her in black clothing.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cruel, evil, violent, cold-hearted, fiery, distant, determined and without mercy, Seraphina is a force to be reckoned with. She has a nasty temper, which is very short, very fiery and sometimes very violent. It's best if you don't make her mad--or then again, maybe you can distract her by making her angry. She's undoubtedly evil.

Other: Seraphina is second-in-commond of the Darkmeres and likes her torture. She can summon a pair of too-large panthers to shred her victims into pieces.

And I think I'll claim a human for the fire court...

Human:
Name: Sienna Phoenix.

Court: Fire (Human).

Appearance: Sienna is tall-sih, about 5'5, with light brown eyes and red hair. Often seen wearing warm colours, especially reddish ones.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kind, caring, loving, distant, determined, and fiery, Sienna has a fiery temper but is frendly and kind--unless she's angry. Although her temper has a shot fuse, she doesn't lose it often and prefers peace to violence. She doesn't like to fight. Sienna is sometimes single-minded and is easily distracted if she's bored and/or not doing much.

Other: Often seen wearing a necklace with a key as a pendant, like the one in her picture, or the one below;
Spoiler! :

Um, by the way. What era is this? Modern? Or not...?
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm
Araidne says...

You can be as old as you want. Just make sure to put how old you appear. If the history has had a huge impact on the characters personality, go ahead. Darkmeres and spirits don't really have any control over the elements (unless they're associated with a Court). Unlike the mages, they can possess people or other weaker spirits. Both sides can use magic. Spirits tend to have a special magical ability. For Darkmeres, it's usually bloody.
Last edited by Araidne on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady of Shalott

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, thanks. Sorry for asking so many questions. Now, back to the profile.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Star Wright

Court: Meh I'll claim the air apprentice

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Speaks her mind, isn't afraid to speak up and ask questions. Star is often hyper and bouncy. Not often to pick fighting over talking things through, she doesn't think she could EVER kill anything. Definitely a people person, she doesn't like being alone. She has a habit of doing all the talking and not giving others a chance, but of course she eventually shuts up, usually only if she asks a question. She finds a lot funny, but can become serious when the time is right.

other: Definitely up for love, she loves to sing and plays guitar, has a scar above her eye from an animal attack
Last edited by SisterItaly on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:33 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Ceri (sur-ee)

Court: Water (Human/ Not a mage- she serves as a sort of guard in desperate times, civilian in peaceful ones)

Appearance: Wears a a white long sleeve shirt with a slight v-neck, white pants, white and silver fur lined boots, white cloak with a hood, lined with white and silver fur.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Quiet, stays out of the way. Will fight on impulse, but for the most part is just... there. She stays in the background and helps things along, and can be quite sweet and caring if she feels like it. Comes off as cold and distant, though. If she likes you- sweet and caring, a little motherly. If not- cold, bitter, gives very backhanded compliments.

Brief History: She's basically a wanderer. When she was eight, she ran away from the Court and simply wandered the north for six years. She loved all of it- seeing new people, new places. It hardened her a bit, though- seeing dark, brutal things that she hadn't seen in Court. But she chooses to focus on the beautiful places, and the beautiful people she has seen and met. She came back at fourteen, and has lived in Court for a year now.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:40 pm
Araidne says...

Junior mages have control over their element. Not as well as the senior mages, but that comes from having lived for centuries : )
The Lady of Shalott

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:41 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

But.... not humans, I'm guessing? Just need to know, since Ceri's human. :)
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm
Razcoon says...

Spot saver, male junior mage, earth!
And one spirit character too, if that's okay. I'll fill in personality later:

Name: Gavyn
Court: Earth
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Sees the worst in things, stressed more often than not, but likes to impress people and tries his hardest at everything. Usually thinks he did horribly at everything, too. In other words, he's a pessimist.
-------------------------
Name: Winnie
Court: Ghost Spirit
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: If she could die again, it'd be of boredom. She's sick of the spirit world. She's the overly helpful type, nice and eager to help out anyone who needs it, eager to do anything relatively different from what she's used to.
Last edited by Razcoon on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 pm
untameabletiger says...

I will finish when I get home
Name: Coventina (Tina or Venti)

Court: Water.

Appearance:

Personality: Once she is determined, she won't give up until she wins. She is very tough, and Is very positive. She does not get mad easily, but when she does, she is a force to be messed with. She is shy, but very loyal. She does have her sassy and sarcastic moments. She thinks very well under pressure, and is very smart. she is a bit clumsy, but she never lets that stop her.

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 pm
Araidne says...

RazHuni, yes, you can also have a spirit character.

For future reference, this is set in modern times, and no more than two characters per person, unless given special permission by moi : )

And to answer another question: The mages are all human. When the junior mages are given their magic by their senior mage, they become immortal. They stop ageing once they are in their mid to late twenties.
Last edited by Araidne on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Lady of Shalott

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman