z

Young Writers Society

Bonjour! (No longer accepting.)

Reviews: 3
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 pm
View Likes
MyStoryline says...

Kyle:

Once we met up with the guys one of them just started hugging us all. He seemed kind of sweet. He was complimenting one of the girls hair. I looked over to the guys and saw they were looking at us to. I caught one of their gazes and I smiled. I walked over to him. He was pretty cute. "Hi. I'm Kyle. And you?"

*This can be anyone*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 pm
SisterItaly says...

Friday

He, touched me. gah, I hated physical contact.
"Don't hug me again." I muttered. "And thanks, getting it to this color was hard." That was true, I went though six dyes to get it like this. I pulled my drumsticks out my my bag and started beating a beat on the air. I missed my band. I missed home. But most of all I missed my drums. Whick were at home. My new home. gah. My stomache growled. very loudly. People turned to me. I just looked around, pretending to be looking for the source of the sound to.
"Who was that?" I asked innocently.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:10 pm
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

~Joy~

As the talking between people became louder, I was silent. I had put my iPod in my jacket pocket, so I spipped the headphones up, I put them in my ears. I wasn't to good with first impressions, so I thought that it would be easier to just try and skip it.My hand clicked the volume button all the way up, and my fingers tapped the side buttons to choose my song. Once I found my song I took my hand out oof my pocket, and adjusted the ear bud. Then, I leaned back against the wall, and looked around the group.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:10 pm
Fox says...

Michael

Someone's stomach growled.

"Who was that?" A girl asked.

"Who cares. Let's get something to eat." I said. They all smile and nod. I didn't really care what we were going to have to eat, I just wanted food. They all seemed to agree with me. I noticed a girl leaning against a wall. She was listening to her i-pod and looking around the group. Our eye met, and I smiled. She smiled too, then turned away.

We all started walking to a restaurant. It looked fancy, so I hoped it had good food. Then again, everything looked fancy in France.

Thankfully, the food was good. None of us really knew what to order, but all the guys decided to each get something different, then we could try some of each. I was glad we did that, because what I got tasted like a tree bark, but it looked like some kind of meat. I cringed my nose in disgust.

"This is good." A boy said. I think his name was Pauly, but I wasn't sure. I raised my eyebrows and tried some of what he was eating. He was right. I didn't know exactly what it was, but it was good. I really hoped I wasn't eating something disgusting, but I didn't care. It was food, and it was good. I'm a guy, that's all I care about.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:22 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey's skin was crawling. A guy had hugged her without her permission. Without her trust. She shuddered and zipped her purple jacket up and pulled the sleeves down, covering her scarred arms. Her legs were still exposed though, as she was wearing denim shorts and a pair of Nike dunks. With a sigh she pulled her legs up to her chest and rested her chin on her knees, closing her eyes.

She was imaging playing with Arrabella, going to her pageants with her grandmother, spending a whole week with her over Thanksgiving, and suddenly, the image changed. Her brothers were walking toward her, machotistic grins upon their lips. Macey's breathing hitched and she looked up, coming face to face with another guy.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice holding the same accent as Annabella's.

"I-I'm f-fine!" Macey studdered, swallowing hard. Her hands were shaking, so she clenched them together and hid her hands in her jacket pocket.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Paolo:

She shoved her hands in her pockets. Giving her a smile I said "You don't seem to sure of yourself." She seemed a little hurt but covered it with a smile "I apologize for saying that. It's just how I was raised. To say what's on my mind." Giving her a biggeer smile I said "I'm Paolo, Annabella's brother. And you are?"

She seemed hesitant at first but she said "I'm Macey." Nodding I said enthusiastically "Macey. That is a beautiful name. It suits you very much."

Pauly:

The food I ordered was amazing "This is good" I said to no one in particular. One guy, Micheal I think, tried it. His faced changed. He liked it. The other guys tried it too. "You know," I said to them all "I think we should do this every time. That way we can try as much of this awesome french food as we can. What do you guys think?"
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 am
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey felt her face heat up in a blush. No Macey, no blushing! She hissed mentally, mad with herself. "Th-thanks," she breathed, looking up at him. He was really cute, but to Macey, he was still a man. Her brothers and their friends were men, and all men were created equal. Macey swallowed hard, maybe she was looking to far into things. Not everyone was the same. It was like comparing the pope with a pimp. Just not possible. Macey shook her head and sighed, forcing a weak smile. "Y-you're one of the supervisors, right?" Macey asked softly, not really sure of what else to say.

Gosh, that was a dumb question though. Of course he is a supervisor. He wasn't on the plane, and his had a very s- Macey stopped herself. He has a very thick French accent.

She sighed and turned her gaze back to him just as he began to answer.

*Bahh, I got nothing*
George Bernard Shaw

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Alec

Alec was talking to Michael, but he didn't want to start blabbering. He had a tendency to just keep talking until someone stopped him. This time he stopped himself, and although he wouldn't admit it he was proud that he stopped himself.

"So," he said, still chewing on some kind of food. "What are we gonna do now?" None of them were really eating anymore, and Alec was bored. Alec didn't like being bored. He wished that his sister was here; she would never let him get bored. No one answered him, so he repeated himself. But this time he raised his voice. "What are we gonna do now?" Everyone looked towards him with wide-eyed shock.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

84 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:43 am
fictionfanatic says...

Paolo:

"Y-you're one of the supervisor's, right?" She said a little nervously. I gave her another smile and said "Uh, yeah. I'm one of the supervisor's. You're one of the program participants, right?" I joked with a smile. Her cheeks reddened and she said "Yeah."

"What're we gonna do now?" Alec said loudy. Annabella stood quickly and said "We're gonna go and walk the streets for a bit. See some things, maybe go into some shops. I could really go for some coffee right now." Everyone nodded, the girls a little less reluctantly. "Come on guys, you're in Paris now." I said to them all "Live like a french man, minus the wine."

After everything was done and payed for we went out into the streets. The sound of everyone speaking in French made me smile. Macey seemed to lag behind. I stood still and waited for her. When she caught up I offered my arm out to her and rose my eyebrows, waiting to see how she would respond.
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 am
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey looked down at his arm for the longest time. He wasn't forcing her to take his arm? That was a new one. Well, new compared to her brothers and their friends. Macey took a deep breath and slid her arm into his, taking deep breaths. Calm down Mace. Even if something would happen, he's a supervisor and wouldn't do anything around the group. Finally, her breathing had calmed down as they all continued to walk, Macey aware of Paolo's arm around hers, but not as terrorfied as she usually was.

Ville de chocolat

The ornately decorated sign caught Macey's attention. A chocolate shop? One of the other girls said something first, the entire group following her excited form inside. Oh how she loved chocolate. It seemed to make everything meld away with just a taste. A worker at the shop, looking happy about all the people who'd come in all at once, walked up to Macey, a wide smile on her face.

"Que chocolat font vous aimez?" Macey disected the words quickly. She'd been studying french since she'd learned that she was chosen to go, but having a native born frenchwoman for a grandmother helped as well.

How do I say white chocolate?

Macey bit her lip and Paolo opened his mouth to speak for her, but she quickly intervened. "Chocolat blanc," she smiled brightly, hoping that what she said was okay.

"Ah! Suivez-moi!" The employee led Macey and Paolo back to a wall covered with white chocolate. "Aidez-vous," she smiled and began to walk away.

Help myself? Well, I don't mind if I do, but only a little bit.

"Merci!" Macey turned to face the employee as she said it at the same time as Paolo. She blushed and smiled weakly before spinning back around to face the wall, her arm still locked with Paolo's.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:25 am
fictionfanatic says...

Paolo:

I was quite surprised when french flowed out of Macey's mouth. "Merci" we both said at the same time. Macey turned to the wall, our arms still linked. Meanwhile, Annabella was translating back and forth between the everyone in the program and the worker.

Normally I would go and help Annabella but Macey seemed to be getting more comfortable with me and she seemed liek the kind of person who doesn't trust easily. "I'm impressed." I said to her. I saw a small smile form on her face as she looked over her choices. I grabbed some of what like. "Corsican Mendiant au Chocolat Blanc. It has walnuts, dates, and orange." She looked from the chocolate to me. "It's good." I took a small peice and handed it to her. She took it cautiously and slowly put it in her mouth.

"Well?" I asked expectantly.
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey tentively place the chocolate in her mouth, letting it melt as she savored the taste, which blew her mind. "Well?" Paolo asked, and she nodded, swallowing before a small smile adorned her lips. Something that surprised her more than the taste, though, was how comfortable she was getting around Paolo. Well... guys in general she guessed.

"It's good!" She smiled and grabbed two small boxes of it. She looked up at Paolo, and she just smiled weakly. "I'm going to send some home to Mamie and Arrabella." Macey and sighed and looked over at the group, Annabella translating for them all. Learning French had been hard, but now, Macey was glad she did it.

"Arrabella?" Paolo asked, raising an eyebrow. Was that a common thing of frenchmen? He and Annabella had been doing that a lot lately.

"My little sister. We call her Arra. She's six." Macey smiled weakly. "And Mamie is our grandmother." Macey was surprising herself more and more today. She'd just told him, a guy, about the only family she actually liked.

Wow.

"I think your sister needs some help." Macey smiled softly, motioning over to Annabella, who was going from person to person like lightning.
George Bernard Shaw

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:02 pm
Fox says...

Michael

I wished I knew French. It was make things much easier, especially for Annabella. I had tried to learn it after I found out I was coming on this trip, but I couldn't. I knew I should have taken it in high school. Oh well. I wasn't one of the people Annabella was translating for. I never really liked chocolate that much. I wanted to try it, but I would wait until most people had gotten theirs already. Annabella looked like she was about to explode.

Luckily for her, Paolo came just in time to help translate. I looked over at the girl he had been with before and smiled. She noticed me, and her cheeks turned red. She smiled back shyly, then turned away. That had been the second time a girl did that on this trip. I figured it was just a sort of girl thing.

After everyone had their chocolate, I got mine. I tried to ask for it myself in French, but that didn't really work out. I wasn't picky, so in no time at all, we were all sitting down and munching on our chocolate. French chocolate was a lot better than I had expected, not that I underestimated the power of the French or anything. I didn't know quite what to expect.

"Mmmm...this is amazing!" Alec said, chocolate surrounding his mouth. I laughed, then continued eating. That was probably how I looked too, but I didn't mind. Nobody expected us to be 'proper' while eating chocolate. Then again, the French always were proper people.

"I know. I think I'm in love!" A girl said. I nodded. We all seemed to like it.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:32 pm
SisterItaly says...

Friday

I wasn't big on chocolate, but this was amazing! A couple of the guys had chocolate all around their mouths. Which made me laugh, pointing at Micheal's mouth.
"You have chocolate around your mouth to!" He said, defending himself. I wiped my top lip with one finger and looked at it. Yes, I did to. I laughed and licked it off my finger, then licked around my mouth.
"I guess I did." I chuckled, my mouth half full of chocolate. I felt for my drumsticks, which I had stuffed in my pocket and had been walking around with them sticking out. They were still there. I wanted to tap out a beat, but on what? I don't think the manager would appreciate me hitting the shelves...
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:28 am
fictionfanatic says...

Paolo:

The Corsican Mendiant au Choclat Blanc filled my mouth and my taste buds went crazy. Looking around, most of everyone had chocolate around their mouths. I had to admit that the way people in America ate is something I never got used to. Macey was nibbling at the chocolate, but her eyes were sparling with enjoyment
Live, Love, Laugh

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato