z

Young Writers Society

Skater Kids (not accepting)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 am
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey, who'd been on the phone once again, was standing away from the wild crowd when she saw Blayne drop to the ground just a couple meters away and begin to sob, obviously not realizing that Macey was there. It was getting dark, but the skatepark was still illuminated by bright streetlamps, one of which Blayne was laying under while she sobbed.

Standing up with her final decision, Macey walked over to Blayne, who was still crying. She wasn't sure what to say. There were plenty things, but Blayne was different. She seemed fiercely independent, and if her title was taken from her, she crumbled. Macey got on her knees, beside Blayne, still contemplating on if she should do what she was thinking about.

Well, there were two outcomes. One, Macey'd end up with a possible injury and a Blayne screaming at her to go away, or Blayne would except her as a friend.

A real friend.

That seemed to be something she needed right now more than ever. Macey, ceasing her thoughts, wrapped her arms around Blayne in a best-friend fashion, even if they may have been far from it, and hugged Blayne tightly.

No words were said.

Only comfort and silence.

*Bahh I'll delete it, it doesn't seem too good to me**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:33 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Miles

I think I came here on a bad day, he thought. All of the girls were getting into the fights, he had seen the toughest girl cry twice, the queen of the park was sharing her throne, and Cassandra was trying for a full on anarchy. And where did Miles fit in all of this drama? He wasn't with Cassandra, and he knew Blayne thought he was just a poser rich kid. It seemed like no one at the park liked him at all. And he definetely wasn't pitifully all over Cassandra like some of the skate park boys.

One of the kids from his school, Mitchel he thought, had only come to the park to hang around her. Miles thought that he was pathetic. Cassandra definitely wasn't his type. Maybe he could get in with the real skaters that weren't fawning all over her. He looked over and sighed. Blayne was still crying by herself, and Cassandra was getting the praise.

Suddenly the girl who had told him to get away from Blayne, the princess of the park, went off into a rant. He was pleased, but he still didn't like her. He would definitely not fall into that category of rich kid ever again. He burst into a fit of laughter in all of the silence. Everyone looked at him. They probably thought that he was insane. Great, just great, he thought. The rich kid, nobody, poser is insane now.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blayne

I hugged Macey tightly. Right now, anyone who was trying to help me seemed perfect. I caught the end of Becca's speech and got up, clapping. A few more people joined in, and Cassandra looked absolutely ticked. The rich kid who tried to help me was laughing his head off. I worried for his sanity, but it made me laugh too. And soon, I was alternately sobbing and cracking up, Macey still half-holding me and Becca completely on a roll.

We were all mad here.

After a while, I grinned, hiccuping out another sob, and began stomping and clapping the We Will Rock You way. "Bec-ca! Bec-ca! Bec-ca!" I chanted, gaining a few laughs. People picked up on it, chanting for Becca in her tirade. I was glad at least a few people still thought I was the better leader. Queen? I had given up on that. But leader?

I could definitely be their leader.

And by the look on Trestice's face, she knew it too.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 am
SporkPunk says...

Becca

The chant stirred my blood, made me giddy with excitement. And seeing Blayne standing again, with Macey, made it all the better. Cassandra didn't have a shot. She may have called herself queen, but she would never be our leader.

I surveyed the crowd, from the grinning skate kids, to the straight-faced rich kids, to livid Cassandra. I smiled sweetly at her and waved. Miles sat in a corner, giggling to himself. I became vaguely worried for his sanity. He'd picked a weird day to begin his adventures in Brindfield.

The streetlights beamed overhead, and the moon was in the sky. It was time for us to head home, park hours were over for the day. Which meant, a bus ride back home. But maybe not by myself. I skated over to Blayne and Macey, about ready to head home. I'd never really talked to Macey Love before. But I figured now was a good time. "Hey!" I smiled winningly at both of them, hugging Blayne.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

78 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Miles

After he got control of himself, he wiped the tears out of his eyes. He noticed that mostly everyone was gone. All of the people that were involved in the chant and speech were gone. It seemed like all of the action was done for the day. Miles picked up his skateboard and walked out of the gate surrounding the park. I'm really starting to love this place, he thought. He'd laughed the most he had in months today, and he kinda knew how to skateboard.

All is good in the hood, he thought, chuckling lightly as his own joke. He couldn't wait to get home and show his parents all the bangs, and bruises and even his new eyebrow piercing that he'd gotten at the mall right after school. There faces would be priceless. He hopped back on his board and rolled down the street, prepared to make a grand entrance at his house. All is good.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:06 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rae~

This whole time, i'd been watching, planning. I had a plan, and I wasn't going to let that blonde, stuck up, spoiled chick steal my home.No-one knew, but this skate park was actually my home, and if I had to fight to keep it here, and not ruled by that female dog, I would. Though I was usually ignored, I had my mind set, to make a difference.

The lights glowed over the park, and people began to leave, but no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't. My guitar,and my skateboard where my only true friends at the moment. I sat on top of a ramp, dangling my feet over the edge, trying to keep myself from falling asleep. My plan might be dangerous, but I was positive I could find a way to pull it off. As I thought about my plan, my mouth curved into a slightly wicked smile.

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 pm
Mizzle says...

Cassandra Trestice:

They thought they had won. Oh, how they were wrong.

Cassandra turned Jessie and Mitch, as well as three other rich kids and two skaters that had stayed with her when Becca had made her speech. Or, more like it, her rant. It had upset Cass that Becca had tried to question her, and had brought in the whole "native English speaker" deal.

Putting on a pouting face she said, "Jessie...Mitch..."

They both came to her side and offered her a hug, and she winked at Blayne, who snarled in the distance.

Deep down, Cassandra knew what was going to have to happen: There were three princesses of Brinfield, and, either they'd rule together...or they'd knock each other out.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:58 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Holy crap, you guys write fast! Sorry I've been gone too; I should have told you guys I'm taking college classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but my last week is next week, then I start back up again in August.***

Jessie

While Jessie put up a comforting front, inside he was steaming. Why in the hell did all this drama have to happen? Oh yeah...because that's how girls acted, especially those of differing backgrounds and social groups. Blayne was the hardcore skater; Cassandra was an upcoming model trying to skate. And Becca...

"Unless you're leg is too sore," Jessie mused, "let's walk somewhere, hit a parking lot or something. I'd really like to get away from this hell of a mess."

Luke

Luke watched the whole affair passively, secretly admiring the girls with the more intense attitudes - Blayne and her girls. They were his type, those kick-ass Amazonian warriors.

But he had to be careful. Blayne already looked pissed at the world.

He strode over, making sure not to have that arrogant bounce in his step. "Hello, ladies. Sorry about all that bullshit, but I got a proposition that might get your mind off things."

"And what would that be, numbnuts?" Blayne snapped viciously. The others glared at him.

"A pool party. I was considering throwing one tonight, at my place. And don't worry - none of them will be there."

Becca shrugged. "Do you even know who you're talking to right now?"

He nodded, smiling deftly. "Absolutely. A group of girls who can kick my ass anytime, which I think is totally sexy."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey glowered at Cassandra and her brother. God, he was so gullible sometimes, and she was such a... such a... Macey bit her tongue and took a deep breath. Blayne and Becca were both fuming beside her. Macey turned to the two, a forced smile on her face. "Do you guys want to come to my place?" She offered, thinking about all the space in her apartment. "My parents rent it out for me."

Liar. Your parents are dead.

But no one knows that.

Both shrugged, either they didn't know, or they didn't care. Macey smiled and looked around, spotting Rae. When she looked up, Macey motioned her to come over, and she did so. Macey smiled and rubbed the back of her neck. She didn't really know any of them personally, but she did want to get to know them.

"You wanna come over, stay the night a-" Macey stopped when a blonde guy walked over, proposing a pool party. She shrugged and looked at Blayne and the others. She'd go if they were going. It didn't matter to her either way.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:25 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rae~

Macey motioned me to come over to where she was, so I skated down the ramp and over by her.

"You wanna come over, stay the night a-" she she said getting cut off by some blonde guy, but I still responded as if she finished her question.

"Sure!" I said,with a smile,trying not to sound too excited before I could even think. Finally! I don't have to sleep on a ramp! I thought. But how am I going to get my stuff without anyone noticing? There was always a condition for me, no matter how much I hated them. I was screaming with joy inside, but on the outside I looked perfectly normal. I had almost perfected hiding my emotions.

Maybe she could help me with the plan. I thought, and again the slightly evil smile popped back on my face, most of them had never seen me smile. But, since I walked over there, I had smiled twice.

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Blayne

I raised an eyebrow at Blondie Uno. (Trestice was Blondie Deux.)

"No." I said, voice flat. I skated over to Macey. "You said something about spending the night."

"Yep."

"Cool. I'm in. I mean, I don't want to bother my bro any more. So... cool!"

The blonde put on a winning smile. "Pool party's still an offer!"

I slapped him so hard and so fast.... mm, honey chile. Mama's still got it.

With a smirk tugging at the corners of my mouth, I picked up my board. I turned to Becca. "You comin'?" She shrugged, apparently still thinking.

Blondie Uno piped up again. "Honestly, I do think it's-"

I cut him off with a swift punch to the eye. A purply- black bruise formed. I giggled and smiled sweetly before stepping into the bowl for one last carve.

Oh, I was good.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:59 pm
View Likes
Mizzle says...

Cassandra Trestice:

Maybe she'd learned it from her mother, but Cassandra Trestice knew the art of being beautiful.

Subtly, she reapplied a glossy coat of pink lip-gloss on her already glossy lips; it wasn't needed, but like some girls bit their nails, Cassie reapplied her lip gloss. It wasn't exactly a nervous habit, because Cassandra wasn't nervous. She never was, really. The only time Cassandra was nervous was when her mother told her she had a new boyfriend and it was time for Cass to meet the guy.

And that was just because Cassandra expected that one of these days, her mother was going to introduce her to a complete lunatic. The last guy had been close to being that lunatic she was expecting.

She flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and superfluous motion and looked over to where Luke had walked up to Blayne, Becca, and Macey. Jessie and Mitch were saying something to her, but she was zoned out.

Blayne Woods had just turned down Luke.

How stupid could Blayne get? Cassandra wondered. Luke was a good guy, but he was rich, which was probably one of Blayne's "no-no's."

Examining her French-manicured nails, she looked up again to see that Luke had been left standing alone by the three girls.

It was then that Cassandra decided to take action.

"Jessie--Mitch--let's go help Luke out. I think he's just been turned down by those idiots," Cass said, rolling her eyes and giggling.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm
SporkPunk says...

I watched Blayne completely bash Luke, wide-eyed. He'd mentioned something about a pool party. I wasn't as strongly opposed as Macey and Blayne; in fact, I even entertained the thought of going...I mean, he was cute. But watching the mini-scene, I realized that a party probably wasn't the best idea.

Then there was the offer to go to Macey's house. Sounded fun, but I wasn't sure. Part of me wanted to play the part of dutiful daughter and make it home before curfew. I stopped myself. I could keel over dead and it'd take Mom days to notice. I frowned, turning to watch Cassandra, Jessie and that other kid leave. I'd probably completely alienated Jessie with my stupid, stupid monologue. I ruined any chance I had.

"Yeah...sure, I'm coming," I nodded, forcing myself to look away, but unable to meet Blayne's gaze. I hefted my gear, and we followed Macey out of the park.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

78 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Miles

After he was about to jump off of the first curb on his board, he remembered that he hadn't told anyone his name. Blayne and her skater-chick cronies were behind walking down on the same street he was. They were laughing and it seemed like they were having a good time. If they were being nice for once, then maybe Miles could finally get on Blayne's good side. He slowly skated back to them and one of the girls started laughing aloud.

"Yeah, I know I'm doing it all wrong, but I'm trying alright? I didn't come all the way back here for you guys to make fun of me, though." He smirked at them, making sure that he didn't look too cocky. "I just wanted you guys to know that my name is Miles, and I'm not a poser." He directed that last bit to Blayne. "See you guys at the park tomorrow," he said, jumping back on his board. He flipped his hair out of his face and sped towards home.
Want a heavenly review?

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 am

Blayne

"Good to know!" I shouted after him. Since when was he so mad at me? Huh. Oh well. At least he was getting better- he had potential, I'd grant him that. Whereas other rich kids just looked idiotic, he had a shred of a clue what he was doing. At least, he did because we tried to help.

My board was slung under one arm, the other swinging loosely. I hadn't felt this happy since... ever. It was weird, having friends, especially ones who weren't your friends just because you would beat them up otherwise. I smiled.

I was suspicious of Macey's apartment, but I didn't question. A big thing for me was "everyone has their reasons". Which didn't excuse their actions (I knew, trust me), but it was a reason, and one they were passionate about, otherwise they wouldn't have done the action, really.

Whoa. I was being quite the philosopher today.

I shrugged it off and laughed as Becca did another impression, this one of a loner who hangs out in the corners of the park. He literally bristles if you go near him, so we really felt fine about not befriending him.

He didn't know what he was missing out on.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen