z

Young Writers Society

Skater Kids (not accepting)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Plot: The Brindfield Skate Park is strategically located down the street from one of the most exclusive, expensive private schools in New York. Every day, Monday through Friday, it's the same. Well-off kids in preppy uniforms are either shouting through the bars of the fence, or struggling to keep up with the naturals on the half pipe. Tough kids are smirking as others lose their breath, pulling improvised stunts several feet in the air, sparks flying from their wheels. And of course, the adults. Trainers, cleaners, the people who support the skaters in their endeavors.

All different backgrounds, all different pasts, all different lives. And twelve of them are all pushed together when the National Youth Skate Tournament chooses them, as the underdogs of the century.

Rules:

No god-modding.

Romance is welcome, but c'mon. You know how to handle it.

Usual YWS rules.

No heavy swearing. Sorry for being a killjoy.

I want good grammar in the posts. If it's not, I'll tell you.

At least 500 characters per post. (Check the box under the text box.)

Characters Claimed

Cassandra, Rich Girl (Mizzle)

Blayne, Skater Girl (Me)

Miles, Rich Boy (PinkAngel)

Michael, Skater Boy (Fox)

Jessi, Skater Boy (Ayumi)

Catherine, Skater Girl (Fox)

Mitchel Donovan, Rich Boy (Chupa)

Macey Love, Skater Girl (Chupa)

Becca, Skater Girl (Sporky)

Rae, Skater Girl (Hope)

Kaine, Rich Boy (Hope)

Luke, Rich Boy (Ayumi)

Character Template

Name:

Group (skater, rich kid, adult):

Appearance (description and picture):

Personality:

History:

Dislikes:

Up for love?:

Other:

~EDIT: One spot open, possibly none, and people, keep gender ratio even, please!~

This is the skate park- just picture it with graffiti, and surrounded by concrete and skyscrapers, not dirt and greenery.

Spoiler! :

DT: topic66984.html
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 am, edited 19 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm
Mizzle says...

Name: Cassandra Trestice (Ka-san-dra Tress-tiss)

Group: Rich kid

Appearance (description and picture): Cassandra has a natural beauty intensified by her mother's cosmetic line. She has wavy blonde hair with currents of honey brown mixed in, and divine brown eyes. See picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cassandra loves the spotlight, lives in it. As a result, she can be somewhat snarky, always trying to one-up everyone else; she is also a total flirt, charming any guy she meets with just her smile. She definitely doesn't lack in confidence, either, and has a very competitive nature. She is forever trying to please both her mom and dad, and is secretly tormented inside by doing just that.

History: Cassandra Trestice is the daughter of the famous cosmetician, Fleur Trestice, who has her own cosmetic line that is more popular than M.A.C. and is used in both France and the Americas. Her father is Alix Trestice, a French film producer, whom divorced Cassandra's mother two years ago, when Fleur proposed they move to America. Cassandra hasn't seen her father since the day her mother whisked her off the airport where their private jet awaited to take them to America. She was only seven, then.

Nowadays, her mother has a new boyfriend every week, or so it seems to Cassandra, who hasn't liked any of the boyfriends yet. Her father occasionally calls, but they don't talk often, and the only time Cassandra sees him is on the TV, when he is doing worldwide interviews.

Upon Fleur's request, Cassandra also does some small modeling jobs here and there, but is the face of Fleur's cosmestic line, and therefore is plastered on a page in nearly every magazine in America, and France, as well.

She started skateboarding three years ago, a request from her now-ex-boyfriend. He taught her well, and for a rich kid, she's really good.

Likes: skating (but she'd never tell her mother), modeling, the looks boys give her, lemonade, France, and dresses

Dislikes: America (not that she'd ever say so), having trouble with English, animals, and tomboys (they annoy her)

Up for love?: Duh! :)

Other: She has trouble with English, as her native language is French. She'll occasionally slip up and speak her native tongue, but will quickly correct herself.

Her skateboard is honey brown, and it has a soft finish. There are painted designs of skulls and flowers all along the bottom and top, and the wheels are pink. Hot pink.

:)
Last edited by Mizzle on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 am
pinkangel54123 says...

This sounds interesting, but it'll be my very first storybook. So I'm going to go all out and save a spot for a rich boy.

Name: Miles Atwater

Group (skater, rich kid, adult): Rich kid

Appearance (description and picture): He has fairly long black hair with bangs, and bright blue eyes. He's quite a bit over average height, and his build is scrawny, thin, and lanky. See picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Miles says whatever is on his mind no matter the consequences. He rebels against his parents and there desire to have everything perfect. He does everything he can to make them angry, and takes a twisted pleasure in doing so. He mostly keeps to himself, but if he gets close to someone, he is very loyal and always there for them. He acts very cocky and full of himself most of the time.

History: His father, James, is very strict but loving. He is not home very often, but whenever he is, he tries to bond with Miles. Miles doesn't feel like his father tries hard enough and he thinks that his father doesn't care about the family and that's why he is never home. James works at a successful law firm. Miles's mother, Kirsten, is the owner of a major publishing agency and is a novelist herself. She usually stays in her room writing and working and only comes out for an extended amount of time to make dinner for her family. She thinks she's doing what's best for Miles by not smothering him, and she is hurt when he always lashes out at her. Miles gets whatever he asks for but he doesn't realize it.

Likes: Skatebording, making his parents upset, and hanging out at the skate park.

Dislikes: School, ignorant people, people who think they are better than him, and dogs.

Up for love?: Of course!

Other?: This is his skateboard.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by pinkangel54123 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Name: Jessie

Group: skater boy (will change this if necessary, just staying with my general element)

Appearance: spiky brown hair, brown eyes, average height and build (athletic)
skater.jpg
skater.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Personality: a little stoic, it seems, he's a little hard to impress, but once you have his attention you're stuck in his memory!

History: - will come up with one later -

Likes: skating; listening to music, preferrably rock; sketching abstract, graffiti-ish realism

Dislikes: prissy girls; country, rap, and pop music; obnoxiously obvious posers

Up for love?: yes

Other: His board is a standard Mongoose, nothing fancy about it. It has plastic trucks and white wheels, with a purple lightning pattern on the walls. The deck design is a gargoyle.

***Would you mind if I make a second, a rich-boy? I just wanted to do my element, but I also want to keep it about even, like you desired.***
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:14 am
Fox says...

Name: Catherine

Group: skater

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
But with bright blue eyes

Personality: Catherine is laid back and relaxed a lot. She doesn't like to push people, and minds her own businesses most of the time. She is social and good at making friends, and is very fun-loving and bubbly. Catherine is sometimes emotional, but otherwise is really fun to be around.

History: Her parents got divorced and she stayed with her father, since her mother was a drunk. She never really knew her mother that well, so it didn't really bug her. Her life was normal-she got up in the morning, went to school, studied, did all that crap, and went to bed. Nothing really changed at all. She had a lot of friends, is a great leader, and went to the Park every day.

Likes: animals, flowers, skating, and just relaxing and thinking

Dislikes: jerks, annoying people, people that mess around a lot, and heights

Up for love?: Yup!

Other: Her board:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Fox on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 am
SporkPunk says...

Name: Becca Hooke

Group: Skater

Appearance: Average height, average weight. Pale, with black hair, self-styled. Hazel eyes. Wears clothes considered by many to be "emo." See picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: People who don't know Becca assume she's a girlie girl. They're soon shown how wrong that assumption is. She lets her attitude in general and skills on the half-pipe do the talking for her. She likes what she likes, and if that means wearing a Hello Kitty necklace and a bright pink bow in her hair, who cares? Doing what she wants doesn't make her prissy. She isn't especially aggressive, but she isn't one to mince her words. Extroverted and intensely loyal to the other skaters, and initially arrogant and disdainful to any and all rich kids. Her main personality flaw, is that beneath the bubbly and friendly exterior, confusion and a nagging sense of doubt about her place and her worth as a skater. This doubt comes to light as the competition nears.

History: Growing up with many skater kids, she hasn't led an especially exciting life. She's always lived in the city. Her parents are divorced and remarried, each with newer, and in her opinion, more interesting, children to raise. Living with a neglectful mother and yuppie step-father, Becca has been able to run the streets since middle school. She's been fairly wise, only getting busted once for vandalism of an elementary school, though she's done worse. Since her delinquent days, she's managed to curtail her impulsive behavior. As a result, she's a people pleaser. She'll do almost anything to gain people's approval.

Likes: old-school punk music, a band called Dance Gavin Dance, eyeliner, blueberries, chocolate, hello kitty, photography.

Dislikes: "Crappy" music, dresses, rich kids, MTV, iPods, MySpace, math, being ignored.

Up for love?: Of course. :D

Other: This is her board, except it's covered by her favorite band logo stickers (The Ramones, The Clash, Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphys, Circle Jerks, Young Dubliners, etc.)

Spoiler! :
Last edited by SporkPunk on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 am
Chupatoasta says...

Spot for a skater girl and rich boy ;D
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 am

Name: Blayne Woods

Group: Skater

Appearance: Light blue eyes, slightly spiked short blonde hair. Tall and athletic, usually in tan cargoes and a gray tee, and bright blue low top Converse.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Bold, sharp tongued, impatient and a little harsh. She's sarcastic and independent, and definitely not to be messed with. She's tough, and can't stand whiners. Do not get on her bad side- that's the worst place you can be. On her good side, though, she's funny and loyal, and quick to help. Is violent though, even in a good mood, so be careful with her.

History: Blayne's brother takes care of her. Her mom died in a car accident, and her father left the family shortly after that. She was mocked by the rich kids because of her tendency to lose her temper, but she couldn't do anything about it. Her brother, in light of this, started to teach her how to fight. She learned quickly, and now has a reputation as the best fighter girl in the neighborhood. She picked up skating quickly, and because of her early start, is highly respected in the park. She's very good, and even when everyone thinks she's positively at her best, she gets better. She never showed any pain, emotional or physical, and some of the younger kids think she might be invincible because of it. But lord knows, she does feel pain, both in her flesh and in her soul.

Likes: skating, Sprite, chocolate, hanging out with the guys, rain.

Dislikes: preps, grape juice, the color pink, whiners, heat.

Other: Her board, but hers has splatter paint here and there:

Spoiler! :
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 am
Fox says...

Can I have both a boy and girl???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 am

Sure, just make them good characters.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 am
Fox says...

Name: Michael

Group: skater

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
but no piercings

Personality: He takes pride in what he does, and hates it when people put him down. He is a hard worker and kind person. He is exciting and fun-loving once you get to know him, but comes off as mysterious and quiet.

History: He always had an average life. He had a dog, a nice family, but he was an only child. Everything was...okay, but then his parents died in a car crash. He was 9 years old when it happened.An old family friend took him in, but they didn't have any children. They tried to make his life somewhat the same as before, keeping his dog as well, and he went to the same school. He stopped hanging out with his old friends, though, and never really talked to anyone. He spent a lot of time at the Park.

Dislikes: When people are mean to him, when he messes up, and talking to people (Only because he's not good at it. He's not very social at all.)

Up for love?: Not against it, but not looking for it.

Other: He takes his dog mostly everywhere he goes:
Spoiler! :
Her name is Kallie

This is his board:
Spoiler! :
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 am
untameabletiger says...

girl skater please.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 am

Alright, if Hope is going to have a girl, I do expect you guys to work out who needs to be a guy.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Raelynn (Rae)

Group:Skater

Appearance (description and picture):
Spoiler! :

green black and blonde long hair, tall, Bright green eyes,slender,

Personality: Rae Is very outgoing, and has a music obsession. She is a tomboy,so she is very rough. her best friends have always been her skateboard and guitar. She is a force to be messed with when she gets mad,but an angel when she's not. Rae is very different, and she loves it. She has a habit of randomly busting into song, or dance. She always feels self conscious, and always tries hide her feelings.

History: She grew up with 7 brothers,who made her tough and started her skating. She is usually gets hit by her dad, and told how useless she is. The only person who believed her, and stood up for her was her mom, divorced her dad for beating her not too long ago. She ran away from her rich family, she doesn't claim them at her family, and keeps it a secret.

Likes: Music,protective guys, guitar,sour candy, skating.animals etc.

Dislikes: snobby Rich kids, needles, awkward silence.

Up for love?: Yes.

Other: She has a scar that looks like a lightning strike because of her dad, under her eye, which is covered by her hair
Last edited by untameabletiger on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 am

Ayumi- I think you're going to have to be a guy. Sorry. And Hope-I can't have another girl. In light of this:

NOTE: No longer accepting female characters.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green