Split

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:37 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Claiming the last traveller spot. :)

Name: Ilona Richardson

Age ( 21 and older): 22

Description( Written): She has fairly long, lightly curly dark brown hair which she always wears down. She is quite short and of a slightly larger build but she is very physically fit due to the large amount of dance she did in her childhood. She has dark brown eyes that match her hair and quite pale complexion.

Picture (No Emo Pictures): (Can't find a picture at the moment, will come back with one)

Job ( as listed): Traveller (Female)

Personality: She has an energetic and lively personality which comes from her love of drama and dance and performing in general. She is confident but not overly so and she can have a reserved more calm side. She hates bitchiness and will never bitch about anyone. She is also slightly obsessed with love and finding true love which again comes from her overly active creative mind and imagination.

Strengths: She has good confidence and is very physically fit. She isn't particularly academic but she has common sense which helps her when solving problems. She is also very creative and can make good use of limited resources.

Weaknesses: She isn't the brainiest person in the world and this sometimes shows. She is short and finds this difficult at times. She has a fear of heights.

Skills ( This depends on your job. If you’re a watcher you won’t be able to have awesome gun totting skills): She is quite athletic despite her size and can hold her own in a fight. She isn't very good with weapons but uses her agility and dance skills to get an advantage in a straight fist fight. She can also get people out of sticky spots with her quick thinking and common sense.

History: She has been doing dance and drama all her life out of school and college. She only recently decided that she didn't want to do performing as a career when she got turned down by the Royal Academy of Dance and Drama. She decided that she wanted to go down the exploring and adventuring route, so she decided on being an astronaut. But she didn't have the qualifications she needed to become an astronaut so she went for the next best thing, travelling to these other universes that are affected by our decisions in this universe.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:58 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Okay we are starting. If you haven't posted your profiles, do so. *lools at Kara and Bolt*

Others can join if that occurs I will open up new spots. You are also allowed to take up new jobs.

Anna |Apartment| 7: ooam

Anna looked at herself in the mirror while she combed her hair. When she was satisfied with the way her hair fell she picked up her keys, cup of coffee and headed for the door. She exited her apartment just as her neighbor came out with a bag full of trash.

Mrs. Haskins was the old lady that people warned about. She wore thick glasses that amplified her bright green eyes and she seemed to only wear shabby robes covered in cat hair.

“Hello Mrs. Haskins,” Anna said politely heading for the stairs. Mrs. Haskins only made a grunting noise as she tossed her trash down the garbage shoot.

When Anna got to the street and motioned for a taxi. She could take her car but quite honestly the taxi drivers seemed to have a six sense about traffic, and short cuts. It would be much more time efficient if she just took a cab to work.
When she got in the back seat she pulled out her phone opened up her schedule. Today the main thing on the agenda was the universe 911A investigation. She sighed. The rifts were becoming bigger and they were appearing faster.

“So you work for Split,” the cab driver said.

Anna looked up at the driver. The general public knew of Split. Too many odd phenomena had occurred for their existence to remain a secret. The last event being the creation of a ghost town in Nebraska after everyone in a small town vanished. Split was able to retrieve everyone back before any of them died, but still things like this didn’t go unnoticed.

“Yes,” Anna said before returning to her phone.

The taxi driver didn’t talk again until they arrived at the building. Anna paid him and got out, not bothering to say anything else due to the fact she was focused on her phone.

She absently pulled out her id card and ran over the scanner by the door. The door slid open and she continued forward. A few people greeted her as she briskly walked through the lobby area. She got in the elevator and hit the 44th floor the highest floor in the building. She pocketed her phone and waited patiently as the elevator moved upwards. She finnished her coffe and tossed the empty conaner situated in the corner of the elvevvator.

The elevator binged and the doors slid open to reveal a large circular room lined with TV screens that showed various scenes. She walked to her desk sat down and put on her ear phones, ready for today’s work. She brought up universe 911A and discovered that a team of travelers were already in position but they weren’t at the location of the rift.

Anna looked over at the nearest watcher next to her. “What’s going on?”

“They were in position when we picked up a jumping spike a few miles away. Since we have no record of a jump in that location, it was concluded that it was an illegal jump. The travelers were sent to investigate.”

Anna nodded and continued to watch the rift that hovered over universe 911A’s New York City. The air shimmered and undulated in odd patterns several miles above the highest building. Anna reluctantly switched her screen to see where the Travelers were. They were several miles away from the rift and sat outside a beat down looking building.

Anna sighed and readied to give them advice if they needed. Direct communication was impossible over universes, but she could send them messages that they would receive on their watches. It was her job to be their eyes. She pushed the rift out of her mind and focused on the travelers. If they were dealing with illegal Split equipment it was safe to say they would probably have to deal with illegal weaponry. This situation could easily turn into a shootout.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

((Yay!))

Andrew, Apartment, 7:30AM

He was so late... His alarm hadn't gone off again, and now it was 7:30 and he wasn't there. He'd been supposed to be there a half an hour ago... I am going to be in so much trouble... He flagged down a cab and jumped in. “Split,” he said quickly, shutting the door and buckling up. The driver nodded and pulled away from the curb. Andrew wrung his hands nervously. Couldn’t this thing go any faster? He adjusted his tie, forcing himself to breathe normally.

Calm down Andrew, you’re being stupid. I’m sure some other people are late too... But he couldn’t help be nervous. He’d never been this late before. His blond hair was messy and unbrushed; he’d barely had enough time to get dressed and grab an energy bar before he’d left. There were dark circles under his green-gold eyes; he’d been at work late the night before, and he was exhausted. The cab pulled up and he paid the driver, then jumped out and fumbled with his access card, waving it over the scanner. The door opened and he hurried in. A few people looked up.

“Looks like you’re a little late today, Mister Grierson.”

Andrew just waved them away and hurried into the elevator, pushing a button without even looking at it. The elevator started up. He hated this elevator. It was too small. It felt like the walls were closing in around him. He noticed that his breathing was a lot louder than usual. Can’t expect anything different, I suppose... he thought. The doors opened and he practically ran from the elevator, almost tripping. He grabbed his lab coat and pulled it on, grabbing a clipboard and signing in. Hopefully he’d be able to get to work before anybody noticed him...
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

193 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:54 am
Lydia1995 says...

Ilona, Split, Universe 911A 7:30am

I sat down outside a run down old building. We had been walking for a while, away from the rift to investigate this illegal jump. It was kind of annoying, but I was loving the mystery of it.

I looked up at the building, it's windows were smashed and the walls were crumbling. It's appearance wasn't a good sign. What was going to happen to New York if we didn't close this rift? It didn't bear thinking about. I was distracted when my watch beeped. It was a message from the watchers.

We've pinpointed the exact location of the jump, keep moving to the east and we'll give you more instructions from there.

I looked up to see that my fellow travellers, Aloysius, Luke and Luciana had received the same message. Knowing full well that the watchers could see our every move I put my thumbs up to say I had received the message.

"Come on then, we might as well be off," Aloysius said in a subtle German accent. I nodded and stood up, glancing at the compass on my watch.

"East is this way," I said indicating with my finger. Luciana stood up and smiled.

"Let's go kick some illegal butt!" She said smiling. I laughed.

"Yeah, I just hope it doesn't come to that." I really hated gun fights. "Come on Luke," I said offering my hand and pulling him to his feet.

"Right, best feet forward everyone," Aloysius said setting off in the general direction I had indicated. We followed closely behind.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:21 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Belinda - 7:40 a.m. - Split Lab

"Andrew, good, you're here!" Bell said as he came in, shrugging into a shabby looking white lab coat.

He looked a little hassled and Bell knew that he must have rushed only to come in late...again. Still she dragged him over to her latest project and thrust the papers proudly under his nose. She was proud of her work and ready to show it off. Bell knew that for this new discovery to take off, there was a lot more work to be put into it. But the research part was finished.

Andrew skimmed through the papers quickly then looked up at Bell. She could tell that he knew she had been there all night. Her eyes were probably bloodshot and her normal, perfectly straight and tidy blonde bob hair style, stuck up at the ends in a tangled mess.

"You didn't go home last night, did you, Bell?" Andrew asked.

She gave him a sheepish smile but shrugged in reply. "No. But it's a good thing. I've been working on this for the past year and it's finally paid off!"

"I'd hardly say this proves anything, though," Andrew sighed, looking through the notes and research papers again. "Maybe you should take today off and get some rest. Then we'll talk about this and see if maybe we've got something worth looking into. Belinda...this is a one in a million chance thing. This looks...impossible. You know that right?"

"I know Andrew! But we've got to look into this now. This could mean...amazing things for Split."

Andrew sighed. "To be able to bring people from different universes into another. That would be amazing. But just because you found that people suffer from the same symptoms in each world doesn't mean we're any closer to finding a way to keep them in the world without having them die. "

"I know! But this means we may be able to develop a medicine for those who stay to take that could stop the symptoms. We just need to work with this," Bell said eagerly.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:48 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Jordan - 7:42 a.m. - Outside Faustus's office.

Jordan made his way to Dr. Faustus’s orifice, when he entered he was surprised to find a young teenager sitting in the seat across from Split’s president. Dr Faustus looked up at Jordan.

“Dr. Jordan perfect, I’ve just explained why Ms. Daniels is here. We need to start her field placement. Take her down to the labs and she’ll start there."

Jordan nodded. “Is she voluntary?”

“Her alternate decided to join so we had to bring her in,” Dr. Faustus said.

Jordan didn’t like recruits that were forced to join. They usually didn’t put in the same effort and usually only caused problems. He looked at the young girl. It didn’t help that she was a child. He decided he would take her and dump her off on Belinda and Andrew and get back to work.

“Okay but I must talk to you about something,” Jordan said.

“Later I’m very busy. I do not have time to discuss anything.”

Jordan frowned but nodded and motioned for the girl to follow.

“So what is your name anyway new recruit?” Jordan asked as they walked down the hall towards the labs.

“Lilly Daniels,” she said.

Jordan nodded and had no reason to talk to her further until they reached the labs and Jordan found Belinda and Andrew discussing her latest discovery.

“Belinda, Andrew this is Lilly Daniels a new recruit. She’s starting job placement in the labs first, so show her around and test her.”

Before either of the scientists could respond he left leaving the new girl with the two scientists.
I had to get back to work on the device that would destroy any universe that threatened to tear the barrier anymore. Universe 911A was coming dangerously close to collapsing which would further tear the thin boundary between the universes. If it decayed anymore Jordan planned on using the device to destroy the universe and maintain the boundary.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm
LastPaladin says...

Phoenix asked me to join up, this is pretty much one of the bad guys, you shall see why.

Name: Daniel Greyson Manors

Age ( 21 and older): 29

Description( Written): Quite small for his age and skinny, has a lopsided fringe coloured black while rest of his hair is dark brown with piercing blue eyes. Clean shaven he sports a small goutee.

Picture (No Emo Pictures)

Job ( as listed): Traveller

Personality: Daniel is very headstrong and doesn’t care much about anyone, finding it difficult to make friends. He will pursue something even if it could harm others. Many call him cold hearted and ruthless. He was hired after his family were lost through a series of circumstances that puzzled Split.

Strengths: Being cold and ruthless he is practically a killing machine. Not that smart, his main strengths lie in his loyalty to job.

Weaknesses: Cold hard stubbornness.

Skills: Is an expert at marksmanship and taking down dangerous targets.

History: Lived a reasonably normal life with his family consisting of three children, his wife and himself. These were happiest years of life, the ones he wants back so much. When he missed an important call from his wife asking how to open the security system to his house. As he couldn't give them password they tried to get in without it and were shortly eliminated one by one.

Split had been monitoring this situation due to the oddness of it, they shortly picked him up at his work in the leading weapons manufacturing plant Manors Innovations.

The reason Split found this case so interesting was he was working on a weapon which could revolutionize war and essentially bring USA back into a super power.

Daniel has grown to resent Split he lost his job and his family and wants them back; he trained himself up and forgot any emotions except loyalty and rage.

With each victim and each dimension saved his plan grows.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

193 Reviews

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:55 am
Lydia1995 says...

Ilona, Split, Universe 911A 7:45am

Now take a left past this building, be careful from now on, the illegal jumpers are very close.
When you find them you are to restrain them, confiscate their equipment and bring them back to Split.

"I wonder how many of them there are," I thought aloud.

"I'd estimate at about 2 or 3, there can't have been that many of them or the watchers would have picked up their presence sooner," Aloysius said. "There should be enough of us to restrain one of them each, but if one of them gets away, we shouldn't worry about it. Split are most interested that we get their equipment so that the scientists can analyze it," Aloysius continued as we followed the directions in the message.

"Get down!" Luciana whispered quickly. Aloysius and I obediently ducked to the ground. "Out there, can you see them? It looks like they have weapons," she continued.

There were three of them, all dressed in black. The had at least one gun each, visibly, but they may have more weaponry stashed somewhere. They were sat in front of a building, this one looked to be in better condition than the one we had sat in front of before, but it was still worryingly old looking.

"Crap," I said shortly, summing up my feelings about shooting people. Aloysius took charge.

"I'll get that one there," he said indicating, "Luciana, you take the girl and Luke you can get the other one, there," he said glancing at me. "I know you hate guns, so you work on getting their equipment off them whilst they are distracted by fighting us."

"Right," I said, happy that I probably wouldn't have to even touch my gun. "I'll go from behind," I said and not waiting for an answer I set off back the way we had come to go around the back of the buildings and nick their equipment.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:27 am
Loller65 says...

Aloysius, Split, Universe 911A 7:46am

I stood slowly, exhaling softly.

"Hey, punks, come and get me!"

And with that I charged. The one I had decided to take on ran towards me, weapon aimed at my chest. Heh. Chump. I reached down and whipped out my truncheon and swung it hard at the barrel. His arms flew to the right and I grabbed the gun and pulled him towards me, then delivered a brutal punch to his face. He crumpled and collapsed to the ground. I prodded him with the tip of my boot to make sure he was out and turned to face the others. One down, 2 to go...
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi