z

Young Writers Society

Split

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

split| ʇıןds accepting

Everyday humans make choices. It is believed that for every choice made a new universe is create to reflect that choice. Say you choose to drink coffee for breakfast instead of some apple juice. Immediately another universe, including another you, is born and in that universe you choose the apple juice over the coffee. While a universe like this will probably not change much, big decisions in life could create all very different universes. What if the USA didn’t bomb Japan in World War 2? What if People voted for a different President? The variations are limitless and Split monitors these universes carefully.

Story

Lead Scientist Dr. Faustus created Split a government agency that’s purpose was to monitor these other universes and even travel to them. Split uses the knowledge of the other universes to better their own. Most of the universes are ignored and Split only keeps track of big decisions that affect the world as a whole. The various Split agencies work in tandem and make sure that each world makes the best decisions and hunt down people that abuse the technology.
Unfortunately, Splits constant involvement has weakened the boundaries between the worlds and they are slowly bleeding together and there is only room for one world.

Lilly Daniels has just graduated from college. One day a black van stops by her while she is walking and two men jump out and grab her. They take her to the Split agency with the intention of employing her.

Affects of the boundary fail

Rifts in the boundary cause portions of one universe to appear in the same location in another universe. Example a building may disappear and reappear in the same location in another universe. Since there is already a building there, both are crushed. Two of the same people cannot exist in the same universe and both will slowly die. Those hired into Split are drafted universally so that when travellers are sent out they swap travellers as to avoid this problem. These are just a few of the problems that are caused by the merging of the worlds.

You are a member of the Split Staff as they try to repair the damage they have caused.

Jobs

Scientist ( These are the people that study the universes and the growing boundary collapse)

Watchers ( These are the people that stay in the observation room and observe the various universes and categorize them)

Travellers ( These are the ones that travel to other universes. They are basically police equipped with the latest weapons)

Rules

Regular rules apply

300 words at the least
Be as grammatically correct as possible. At least use spell check.

Pm me if you plan to drop
Read all previous posts and keep the continuity
Have a time stamp to help with the previous rule

Keep a balanced girl to boy ratio

Keep a balanced job ratio

Use the DT
If you want to be brought in, say so in the DT. This thread is reserved for actual in-character posts only.

Technology

Traveller watches allow those that where them to jump to the set platform in a different universe. These Platforms are set up in all of the Split agencies but illegal ones have been built that connect to illegal watches.

The Panel is a series of screens that broadcast images from various universes and monitor the individual choices and outcomes from these choices. This information is gathered and analyzed by watchers. This technology has been kept secret and no illegal copies of these have been made

Spots to claim

Dr. Faustus
1.KaraHagreaves

Lily Daniels
1.Elinor Brynn

Scientists
1.Male -gsppcrocks10
2.Male- PhoenixBishop
3. Female-WhiteTiger93

Watchers
1.Female-PhoenixBishop
2.Male-Bolt

Travellers
1. Male- ScarlettFire
2.Female- untameabletiger
3.Female- Lydia 1995
4.Male-Loller65

Other spots will open if needed.

Code: Select all
Name
Age ( 21 and older)
Description( Written)
Picture (No Emo Pictures)
Job ( as listed)
Personality
Strengths
Weaknesses
Skills ( This depends on your job. If you’re a watcher you won’t be able to have awesome gun totting skills)
History

If you wish to play the main characters Dr. Faustus or Lily then you must pm me the profile. All other profiles will have to be approved here.

If you wish to join now pm me and I will open up new job slots.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 20 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:00 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in. With a male traveller.

Edit: Profile.

Name: Lucian ‘Luke’ Devereux.

Description: Tall, about 6"1 with dark blues eyes and dark brown hair.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Job: Traveller.

Personality: Often moody, distant, cold and cruel, Luke can sometimes seem intimating but he does have a kind and loving side. He's also got a nasty temper, but rarely loses it. He's extremely loyal to Split, so if you plan on swaying him, you'll need to be very persuasive. When he's working, he's often very single-minded and driven to catch the bad guys. You could say he's just a little obsessed with work, but never very neglectful. He likes his details.

Strengths: Smart, fierce, protective and knows how to defend himself. Fencing, Archery and horse-riding. He's also a pretty good actor. Can handle weapons, including guns.

Weaknesses: Panics when backed into a corner and tends to overreact on rare occasions, such as confronted with past misdeeds (which are many). A little stubborn, a little temperamental, has a habit of thinking he's always right and he has a bit of an ego. Doesn't like violence or fighting but will fight if and when he has to. Can't handle authoritative figures but he does try to co-operate if given no other choice (especially if given no other choice). Doesn't think before reacting and is often too harsh on people, and often steps out of line because he can't agree with his superiors.

Skills: Stealth, Martial arts, Fencing, Archery and horse-riding. He's also a pretty good actor and can handle weapons, including guns. Has experience with the police force. He's a surprisingly good liar.

History: Luke had a relatively normal, if dangerous, childhood, even though he grew up in a wealthy family. He was the younger son, and, with his mother gone by the time her was eight and his father proud but not welcoming his presence, thought he was never going to get anywhere in life.

By the time he turned 28, he'd been college and then gotten kicked out, joined the police force, been promoted to detective and then demoted, and finally, he killed the man they were supposed bring in. This got him fired, and then Split found him, offered him a job, which he accepted. He's been working for them since then.

Other: Luke has a girlfriend he's planning o purposing to, if only she's accept his flaws.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:15 pm
untameabletiger says...

female traveler.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Female traveler.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 pm
Elinor says...

Will work on a profile for Lilly and PM you later.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, I'll join, as was requested.

Name: Andrew Grierson
Age ( 21 and older): 21
Description( Written): He's of average height with blond hair and greenish-gold eyes. His skin is only slightly tanned. He's well-built and rather handsome. He wears the typical white lab coat of a scientist, and carries a clipboard everywhere.
Picture:
AnimeGuy1.jpg
AnimeGuy1.jpg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 669 times

Job ( as listed): Scientist.
Personality: Rather shy around women. He stutters when he's nervous, which is whenever he's under pressure or around a woman he finds attractive. He tends to lay down and take whatever's thrown at him. He's got a good heart and hates to see people in pain, or being abused. He often wishes that he had the courage to stand up to himself. Besides all this, he's friendly, but quiet.
Strengths: Very intelligent, and can usually figure a way out of any situation if given the time. He's rather clever.
Weaknesses: Too quiet and not very self-confident. He tends to pore over every little detail of a plan before putting it into action or proposing it to anyone, and if something goes wrong with said plan he'll take the blame instantly, even if it wasn't his fault.
Skills ( This depends on your job. If you’re a watcher you won’t be able to have awesome gun totting skills): A great mathematician. He's good with thinking logically and figuring out if something's fesable or not.
History: Pretty much a normal person. He was homeschooled and took Running Start, and ended up in college for a regular degree or two at the age of sixteen.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 am
Octave says...

*claims Faustus*
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Luciana (Luci)
Description( Written)meduim height,golden eyes, Dirty blonde long hair.slender.
Spoiler! :

Job: Traveler.
Personality: Luci is very adventurous,and smart. She has no problem with being herself, she is very outgoing. She can be very stubborn and sassy, but she is very sweet and protective.
Strengths: She is a very good fighter and defender, and she is good with communicating.
Weaknesses: She is afraid of heights and needles.
Skills: She knows how to survive off of the land, and limited sources.
History: After her mom committed suicide, She lived in an orphanage until she was 18, then they kicked her out forcing her to live on the streets, she is lucky she found any job.

121 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Name- Anna Pelton

Age 23

Description Long deep red hair which is direct contrast with her pale skin and big brownish green eyes that have often been described as doe like. She has a heart shaped face and has small ears that she usually hides with her hair.

Picture
Spoiler! :

Job-Watcher

Personality- A shy girl that enjoys her job and likes her job in fact she considers a job a privilege. While she’s shy in nature she has strong beliefs and morals which when she reaches that point where someone asks her to cross that line she will refuse to be walked on.

Strengths- When she’s working she focuses completely on the task at hand without getting distracted. She believes in bettering the world and will help anyone in need even if they don’t ask for it. She’s humble and usually tries to help others without them knowing. She likes to make people happy by giving them anything they want.

Weaknesses- She’s meek and doesn’t speak up for herself much. She get embarrassed rally easily and avoids large social interactions making her a very bad team player. She’s also easily manipulated. When she is in her focused state she tends to block out everyone around her and she could be oblivious to a fire in a room in the most severe cases of her focus. Her endless observations about things tend to distract her from real life making her seem a bit scatter brained.

Skills- She knows her way around a computer and is an accomplished hacker. The Panels are an extremely complicated system of computers and she has learned to navigate it fairly easily. She’s also has a good memory and is excellent at observation.

History-

Her father was a nasty drunk and although he never raised a hand to anyone, his wife left him leaving Anna and her two sisters Bella and Candy to live with their drunken unemployed father. Her twin 2 year old sisters cried for days when their mother left and Anna did her best to take care of them at the age of 13.

Her father didn’t get a job but supported his family by hacking into computers gathering peoples personal data and stealing their identities. He and his two buddies made a business out of it. Anna’s father was often around for their meetings while her sisters slept.

Her father and the other two men taught her everything they knew before getting caught and arrested four years later after hundreds of Identity theft. She moved in with her mother and her new husband Kyle and his two twelve year olds Miley and Fred.

Anna was a straight A student all her life. Anna graduated at the top of her class. While in school she occasionally was pressured into changing student’s grades by hacking into the school database.

After college she got a job as a computer repair store. A man brought her in a computer that had crashed. She managed to save it and he told her to follow him if she wanted to put her use her skills for a greater purpose. She followed him without question.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

121 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 am
PhoenixBishop says...

The start date has been moved to the 18th. Those of you who have claimed spots get your profiles in and others please join. I will be opening up one job racket for travallers. I will be taking on another character to take on a scientist. If any of you wish you too can take up a second. Once the last two spots are taken I will open up one more slot for every job.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Death~

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 am
Loller65 says...

Can I haz male traveler plox?

PROFILE TIEM NAO!

Name-Aloysius Kraus

Age ( 21 and older)-27

Description( Written)-A well built man of German descent. About 6 feet tall, short brown hair, blue eyes has a small soul patch.

Spoiler! :
Image Except with more hair

Job ( as listed) -Traveler

Personality-A no nonsense, straight up, honest guy who is easily befriended. Likes to have fun and is constantly cracking jokes (and skulls). A very good fighter, he isn't afraid of any, repeat any, conflict.

Strengths
-Sense of humor
-Physique
-Good attitude

Weaknesses
-Women
-A good Manchego
-Over confident
-Doesn't consider the risks before charging into action.

Skills ( This depends on your job. If you’re a watcher you won’t be able to have awesome gun totting skills)-Good (not super awesome, though) shot
-High endurance
-Pretty smart
-Can drive ANYTHING
-Free running expert

History-Born the son of an Iowa farmer of German descent, Aloysius (Do NOT call him Al!) became a star athlete in his small town. As his prowess as an athlete gre, he was offered a scholarship to college. After becoming a star collegiate athlete as well, he began feeling ill. The symptoms worsened over a period of several weeks, and he eventually was unable to partake in sports. Doctors could not explain it, as he was in perfect health. He was at death's door, when, suddenly, he healed. After graduating, a few Split agents revealed themselves to him and explained that another him had leaked into his world and had nearly killed him. The next day, he signed up so the same fate that almost got him wouldn't affect others.
Last edited by Loller65 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name Belinda "Bell" Carter
Age 32
DescriptionShe's got short blonde hair that is cut into a bob. She has a small build and a tall frame. Her eyes are a murky blue-gray. She's a confident woman (in her intelligence and appearance) and holds herself tall.
Picture http://www.crestock.com/images/1080000- ... 001-xs.jpg
Imagine this woman with shorter hair, in a bob style.
Job Scientist
Personality She's the type of person who doesn't work well in groups. She needs her space when she works and if you try speaking to her when she's deep in studying or working - more then likely she won't hear you. Or she'll just ignore you. She's a very serious person. In her work and outside of it as well. You'd have a hard time getting her to open up. She likes stargazing and sometimes she hates her job. It can be very time consuming. And she blames herself and the others for the distress they've caused between the universes. She is a very confident woman - in her appearance and intelligence. She's very proud and sometimes vain. Although, she doesn't get out much. She hasn't been in a relationship since she was 28. All work and no play.
Strengths
-Confidence
-Deep thinker (comes up with plans when needed and such)
-Nearly always calm
-Works hard. Her work comes first.
Weaknesses
-Too serious
-No real social life
-Sometimes she works too much.
-Is often stressed
-Never lets her emotions out. Bottles them up so she always appears calm. (One day this may backfire...)
Skills Is a very deep thinker. She's good at thinking everything through and making a decision or a plan in stressed times. Although she may be stressed, she's good at hiding it.
History I'd rather reveal this throughout the story if I may, PB. If not, I'll post it. I promise she does have a history. I'd rather it be a surprise then let everyone know...
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

121 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:10 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

A few changes have been made. Now two Watcher positions are left. Once those are filled I think that will be it. I can't imagine anyone else joining but once they are filled I will open job rosters for all the job classes just in case. At that point you can take another character of another job if you wish.

Those in blue are those that have posted and approved profiles. Those not in blue do not have profiles or not approved yet. So those of you not in blue post those profiles.

Death~

121 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Date pushed back to the 19th again. Get those profiles in.

My Scientist profile

Name: Jordan Renolds

Age 44

Description- He has brown hair, bright blue eyes and thick glasses. He always wears a suit and tie and keeps himself well groomed all the time. It is rare to see him not completely neat.

Picture
Spoiler! :

Job- Scientist

Personality- A closed off man who hides himself in work to forget his painful past. (Horribly cliché I know)

Strengths- Smart and shrewd in his thought process he thinks deeply before making any choice and tries his best to look at all options.

Weaknesses- He thinks very practically. He has no patience and often losses his temper with people that he thinks don’t use their brains. Sometimes going over so many possibilities distracts him from his goals. He often talks down to people even when they are his equal. It isn’t out of superiority but just a natural reaction. He believes himself to always be right and accepts no other people opinions.

Skills: Can asses a situation and decide the probability of its success.

History-

He was a family man and a High school Science teacher. One day he had the decision as to if he would go home early or not when he found out his son was sick but he decided to stay at school. When he went home he found that someone had broken into his home and killed his family. Shortly after this Split found him and recruited him. He often travels to a universe where he had decided to go home and saved his family.

Death~

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:35 pm
Elinor says...

Name
Lilly Daniels

Description
Lilly is about 5'5 with a slim, athletic body and pale, rosy skin. She has wavy reddish-brown hair that reaches her chest, which she often wears up in a loose bun. She has wide, almond-shaped hazel eyes, accented with long eyelashes and shaped dark eyebrows. Lilly wears very little make-up; just a smidgen of blush and magenta lip gloss.

Picture
Spoiler! :

Job
Recruit

Personality
Lilly is quiet and keeps to herself most of the time. She's a person who thinks obsessively about death and what life means, and thus tries to live every day to the fullest. She has few friends for this reason, but doesn't really mind about what other people think of her.

Strengths
Lilly is very brave and dedicated to her friends, family, and co-workers. She's both psychically and mentally strong, and does not give in to pressure easily.

Weaknesses
She has a low self-esteem, and often doesn't realize that she can do some of the things she does. She's also dyslexic, which has caused other kids to tease her when she was in elementary and middle school. She is also frustrated by the dyslexia, because she wants to apply herself to the fullest, which is very hard for her to do.

Skills
Not available for now-- it might take a bit of training and reassurance from others for Lilly to figure out what she is good at.

History

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies