z

Young Writers Society

Scattered: No Longer Retired (full)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aidan Kagey, Kagey Household, Aidan's room, 1:15PM

He'd been laughing about successfully kicking his sister out of his room when the bees came in. He let out a startled yelp, stumbling backwards and falling on his backside.

I hate my sister...

Aidan shook his head from side to side, trying to get rid of the bees. He kept his lips tightly sealed. He shut his eyes, and soon a golden eagle was standing where he'd been. He took off out the window, trying to flee the bees. He wasn't really afraid of bees, but he REALLY didn't want the fuzzy little creatures in his mouth. They tasted awful and he'd be coughing them up for the next two months. That had happened before, when they were younger.

He'd decided to steal Dottie's ice cream cone when she hadn't been looking as a joke. He'd never seen her so angry. Or seen so many bumblebees at once. He'd also never run and flown faster in his life. They chased him halfway across the city then. He didn't want to know how far they'd chase him this time.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:16 am
TalaPaulwic says...

**Sorry we're a bit behind. I was waiting for her to post.**

Dottie Kagey | Kagey Household- Aidan's Room | 1:20pm.

After a few minutes and she was sure that the bees had scared him away she crept back into his room. She knew exactly where he had put the book, and snatched it from the drawer. She opened it to find music. She frowned. "What the hell?" Dottie looked at the music on the page. Once in her life she'd learned to read sheet music, she hummed the notes.

Once she'd finished everything on that page she ripped it out and threw it on the floor. "Whoever wrote this has no understanding on how rock and roll works." She continued this for several more pages. In no time there was a full on pile of paper in the middle of his floor.

A moment later Aidan had returned. The bees had stopped chasing him. He glared at her. His eyes were practically glowing red. "Dottie!" He clenched tight fists as his face reddened. "I-I-I... What have you done?!" He picked up the pieces of paper on the floor. Dottie ripped out another page.

"I was looking through this book, whoever wrote it sucks." She glared at him. "If you turn me into a bird I'll make bees appear in your food for the next five years, and I'll have birds peck your eyes out." Her eyes showed that she was bluffing about the birds, but she would retaliate.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 am
Checkup says...

Ben - Stranger - Aerona's House - 2:55pm

"You said something about Boner and some girls with him. What girls were you talking about?" Miranda asked me, her eyebrows rising in question.

I didn't answer. I didn't want to. "I'm just crazy," I muttered again.

"Benjamin Denlow!" Miranda snapped, her voice firm, "I want you to think. I know you are in pain, but focus, and tell me, who were those girls."

I paused, feeling slightly surprised at her abruptness. Slowly nodding I raised my gaze to meet hers and said, "They were with Boner, one was called... called.... Stacy. She used lightning, it flowed from her fingers, ran through her blood and curled along her hair. The other was a mist, disappearing and appearing from one place to another. They worked for him!. For Darkeyes!"

Miranda slowly nodded, absorbing the information. She turned to say something to the others when a nurse came walking into the room. After a few choice words were shared, she demanded to know what was going on. "Now Marcy, darling," George began, but he was cut short.

"Don't even think about trying to talk your way out of this one George," she firmly snapped. Oliver opened his mouth to make a reply but was shut down to as the nurse whirled on him. "And you better keep your mouth shot to Mister, after all the trouble you have caused in the past I should probably be blaming you for this!"

"That's not fair," Oliver muttered, as Jenny stepped forward.

"Marcy, I am sure I can explain this all to you," she said soothingly as she took the nurses arm and began to lead her away.

"But..." Marcy began, but Jenny shushed her.

"It is okay, I will help see that the damage is paid for, now lets go talk about this away from the others. They are getting old you know, and we don't want to hurt their weak hearts, do we?" They turned to look at the old heroes. Oliver tried to let out a cough, doing his best to sound old, while George limped to the wall and leaned against it, rubbing his hurt knee.

As the two woman walked away George turned toward them and said, "So what the hell is going on here."

"Not sure of all the details, but it seems like we have a problem," Miranda muttered. She nodded towards me and said, "Ben overheard some of their thoughts, look like it was Boner and two girls. According to Ben one could control lightning and the other could disappear and appear from one place to the next."

Oliver frowned at the news, asking, "A transporter?"

"I don't know," Miranda admited, "What do you think Ben."

I didn't answer, just looked down, wishing I was invisible. Why was she so pushy? It was better not to be noticed, then no one expected anything from you. We care about you Ben.... The thought seemed to come from no where, and I froze in my tracks. It had come from Miranda, I was sure. I slowly turned to look at her, and she smiled, giving me an encouraging nod. "I... I don't think she was a teleporter," I answered. "She didn't move from spot to spot instantaneously like others I have seen. She was fast though, and could move through solid objects I think. And they worked for him, for Darkeyes."

"What!" George whispered, his eyes widening in surprise.

"I think Ben might be right," Miranda answered, "And if he is, then Darkside isn't really gone, and whats more, he's recruited some knew blood to his team..."

---------------

Hope this is cool. I thought since the rest of the Heores didn't know that Carl Williams IS Darkeyes and they thought he was gone this would help set up the time for George to tell them all that Carl and Darkeyes are the same. Just an idea...
Last edited by Checkup on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 am
ScarlettFire says...

Checkup, it's Darkeyes. ;) Remember?

NOTICE: PLEASE READ PREVIOUS POSTS before posting. If your post conflicts with those before it, it will be IGNORED. (This means you, Dreamy. Your character was in Willows Mansion and yet you still posted with something that conflicted.)

READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS AND CHECK THE RULES IN THE MAIN POST. I AM NOT saying this again, people!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

100 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:51 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aidan Kagey, Kagey Household, Aidan's Room, 1:20PM.

Aidan's exrpession darkened. "Leave it alone!" He wrenched the book from her grip and picked up the papers. He went up to her and slapped her across the face, hard.

Dottie staggered backwards, shocked. Before she could react he'd transformed into a red-tailed eagle and started dive-bombing her.

Dottie was ready to cry just from him slapping her, then he started to dive-bomb her. She broke into full out sobs as the top of her head started to bleed. "I hate you! Stop it!"

Without a moment to waste she summoned up a thick cloud of bees. Some bright pink birds with glowing red eyes appeared. The birds moved forwards and started to bite at his feathers, pulling off any feathers they got in their mouths. The bees went for the usual up the nose, in the ears, eyes, and mouth.

"STOP IT!" Her voice cracked through the tears.

Aidan was furious. He hardly noticed the bees and birds, though he did notice the pain. He dive-bombed her a few more times before coming at her from the side.

Dottie screamed and ran out of the room, bees and birds following. He changed back and slammed the door.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:18 pm
Jagged says...

Carl Willows | Darkeyes; Willows Manor, Study Room; 2:30
Making Cutler wait had not been in Carl’s intentions, but it was a nice bonus. How the mighty had fallen… Watching the other man slowly grow more frustrated as time went on was gratifying, even if the girl’s constant, unwavering and blank look got unnerving.

He just hoped the vaguely nostalgic look that crossed his face when Ea came on screen wasn’t too obvious. He was getting ridiculous in his old age.

Good thing Wright had gotten the children fast. Especially since they had all but ignored his call. Needless to say his look when the two miscreants were brought in could have frozen water solid.

“Baker. Commons. Would the two of you mind explaining what exactly you were doing, acting without orders?” The sullen glares he was receiving were nowhere near repentant.

“We are not trying to level the city here. Nor to terrorize civilians. Not yet. Do you want all the bleeding hearts old heroes and their protégés to come back and endanger all our plans?”

“Might work better if we actually knew about the plan, you know.” Smart alecks.

“We’re working on a need-to-know basis, dear. And you’ve shown no sign that you can even trusted with what there is to know.” A darker glare. “So how about the two of you shut up, and listen to what I say next time? Trust me, you do not want to make me unhappy.”

A terse nod. “We got rid of Wong. I want to do the same with the others. Pick them out one by one, while they’re not expecting it.” A glance to the side. "Something to say, Cutler?"
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm
ToritheMonster says...

ScarlettFire wrote:Checkup, it's Darkeyes. ;) Remember?

NOTICE: PLEASE READ PREVIOUS POSTS before posting. If your post conflicts with those before it, it will be IGNORED. (This means you, Dreamy. Your character was in Willows Mansion and yet you still posted with something that conflicted.)

READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS AND CHECK THE RULES IN THE MAIN POST. I AM NOT saying this again, people!

what...? I'm so confused. I had left there and gone back to the retirement home!

Soooo confused.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dreamy115 wrote:
ScarlettFire wrote:Checkup, it's Darkeyes. ;) Remember?

what...? I'm so confused. I had left there and gone back to the retirement home!

Soooo confused.

Just pay attention to the posts. And try to keep to the 1000 character minimum rule. This goes for everyone: re-read the rules if you haven't already or if you're forgotten about it. Please.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

30 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:14 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Dottie Kagey (Bird Flu) | Kagey Household - Dottie's Room | 2:30pm

She had run off into her room and was sobbing. Dottie had been doing this for a little over an hour after she went into Aidan's room. Finally she felt that she'd run out of tears and wiped her eyes and cheeks. She was sitting on her bed. Her back was to the headboard, and she hugged her pillow tightly.

The main color of her room was pink. The blankets, the walls, her sheets, pillows, furnishings, she'd even colored the covers of all her books on her bookshelf pink.

In front of her on the bed she had a few stuffed animals. They all appeared to be used, but in very good condition. One was a pink unicorn, one was a pink dragon, one was a pink monkey, and one was a pink turtle. Her eyes met theirs. "I know I shouldn't have gone in there, but..." her voice cracked and she paused, "but I don't think he should have acted that way."

The unicorn appeared to nod. Dottie sighed and smiled lightly. "Tom, come out from back there." A bird flew from behind the unicorn and landed on the top of the pillow Dottie was holding. She giggled. "I thought I sent you all back." The bird chirped. "You sneaky devil!"

She reached one hand out and gently stroked the bird. It looked at her for a minute, then flew over to her closet. It pecked at the doors. She sighed. "Oh fine, I'm coming." She put the pillow down and got off of the bed. She walked over to the closet. After yanking the doors open the bird flew in.

The bird tried to get her costume off of the rack, she laughed. "But there's nothing to do." The bird continued to try at her costume. She groaned and put it on.

She appeared to be a bright pink bird with a roughly human shape. She had wings over her arms, and the whole costume was made of real feathers. She had her eyes hidden, and she had a mouthpiece in the beak that made her voice sound deeper.

She laughed and ran through the house, the bird followed her closely. "Aidan, I'm going to rob a bank, you're not getting any money!" She heard something coming from his room, "no you're not!"
Last edited by TalaPaulwic on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 am
Buggy says...

Oliver (Quick Change)|Aerona's Home for the Retired|2:56 PM

Oliver drummed his fingers against his chair's arm rests restlessly. "So it's like what you and Jenny thought, and he's back," he said grimly. "No wonder it was so easy for him to pick off poor Han. If he's pulling together some sort of 'villain league'--"

Ben gave him a semi-startled look. "Hang on, hang on... Foxboy? What happened to him?"

Miranda, still kneeling behind him, gave Ben's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Hes dead," she said softly. "They found his body this morning."

Oliver shook his head. "He didn't just up and die either; he was murdered. We figure Darkeyes was involved one way or another."

Ben's eyes widened as he looked around the circle. "He's.. he's really back for us then?"

George nodded in agreement, then hesitated. "Actually... there's something I've been meaning to tell you all for a while now." He stood up a little straighter, surveying the others with dark blue eyes that had managed to retain a bit of that fire they'd had back when they were all still heroes.

Miranda frowned, standing up herself as though in recognition of the importance of the impending statement. "What is it George?"

And then Oliver's phone beeped. He grimaced at the others apologetically. "Sorry, it's Jenny so I've really gotta take this." He flipped it open.

Marcy's taken care of for the moment, ran the text message. Got her to visit her therapist. Thought I should head out so you guys can do your thing. Call me if you need anything.

Oliver's heart sank a little as he tucked the phone back into his pocket. He'd hoped that Jenny could spend some time with him today; she was usually so busy with her job and her family... but he'd have time to catch up later.

"Sorry about that George. Go on." He ignored the annoyed looks he'd gotten from more than one of his friends.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

100 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aidan Kagey, Kagey Household, Aidan's room, 2:33PM.

"Aidan, I'm going to rob a bank, you're not getting any money!"

Aidan paled. "NO YOU'RE NOT!" He ran to his closet and pulled his costume out. His was considerably darker and more... villain-ish than his sister's. It was made up of a black outfit with a black cape made from feathers, and a simple black mask. He changed relatively quickly, turned into a raven, (this was his signature form), and took off after his sister.

If she thinks she can get away with robbing a bank without me she's in for a surprise.

Dottie was in her stupid pink bird costume. He'd begged her to get a more evil costume, but she'd refused. It was so embarrassing to be robbing someplace or causing havoc with her, but he wasn't about to do it on his own. He caught up with her and changed back. "You know you can't rob something without me! You'd end up arrested for sure!"

Dottie laughed. "Watch me!"

"Come on Dottie, please?!"

She scowled at him. "Say you're sorry first."

Aidan grimaced. "No."

"Then you can't rob the bank with me."

He sighed. "... Fine. I'm sorry. Happy now?"

30 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:14 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Dottie Kagey | Kagey Residence | 2:35pm.

"...Fine. I'm sorry. Happy now?"

He didn't sound very sincere, so she shook her head and stuck her tongue out at him. "You're the one that needs me, and so if you're not going to mean it when you say you're sorry, I'm not going to help you!" She withdrew her tongue and scowled. "I don't need you!"

Aidan groaned, "alright fine. Dottie, I mean it. I'm very sorry." A grin formed on her face. "Does that mean you'll give me a sorry hug, and tell me everything's going to be alright like when that bully stole my bike?" Aidan shuddered, but realized that there was no way that she was going to back down.

"Alright Dottie," he said through gritted teeth, "come get your hug."

A huge smile formed on her face, but Aidan couldn't see it, just feel it. He shuddered once more. Dottie ran forwards and wrapped his arms around his waist tightly. He gasped for breath. "Say it," she demanded.

"Everything is going to be okay Dottie, I'll make everything okay."

Dottie hugged him tighter, "and?"

He groaned and hugged her back. "I love you Dottie." She giggled. "Okay, you can come with me."

100 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:45 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aidan Kagey, Kagey Residence, 2:36pm.

Aidan groaned. "Will you let go of me now?"

Dottie giggled, but released him. Aidan took a gasping breath, glad that he was capable of filling his lungs again. "Alright, which bank were you thinking of robbing?"

She grinned. "What other banks are there around here? The Aerona Bank."

Aidan nodded. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" He didn't know why he loved doing illegal things so much; maybe it was because it was exciting. There was some odd feeling of exhilaration when he was being chased by cops, or shot at. And then there was that huge satisfaction when you saw the wanted ads in the paper and on television. It was good to be noticed. He transformed into a raven again and took off, flying towards the bank just high enough so that it wouldn't seem unnatural, but low enough that Dottie would be able to see him. It wasn't very hard for him to keep track of her; after all, how many people wear a bright pink, feathered bird costume?

30 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Dottie Kagey (Bird Flu) | Aerona Bank | 2:47pm.

She ran down the street until she was in front of the bank. She kicked open the door and held it open. Aidan flew in after her and hovered behind her. “Everyone, I haven't made a public act of crime until today.” She chuckled. The bank tellers and the customers at the bank both stared at her.

“My name is Bird Flu, and I want all the money you've got.”

Everyone chuckled, at her no doubt. Dottie scowled, “now you might not think that I'm a villain worth giving your money. Now, you can keep that for the birds and bees, now give me money.”

An old woman looked at her and spoke, “isn't that a line from a Beatles song? The best things in life are free, but you can save them for the birds and bees, now give me money?”

Dottie screamed in rage and several birds appeared behind her. Two flew down at the old woman and bit at her skin. She let out a scream as blood formed at her skin. A minute later the birds started to eat her eyes.

Now lets miss all the gore, and just say we all know what happened.

A few tellers screamed. One woman widened her eyes. “Okay, okay.” She looked over at a teller across the room and winked. With that she started to put some money on the counter.

The teller she had winked at picked up a phone and dialed 911.

100 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Aidan Kagey (The Cure), Aerona Bank, 2:48PM.

Aidan saw the teller pick up the phone. Oh no you don't. He flew behind the counter and changed back, smirking. "Surprise!" He grabbed the teller by the shoulders and slammed his forehead into the counter, knocking him out. He hung up the phone. He couldn't help but glance at the computer on the counter. Facebook was open, or to be more specific, farmville. He rolled his eyes. Why am I not surprised?

he was a raven again in an instant, flying back out to his sister. He looked at Dottie and grinned.

"Give them hell."

Dottie giggled and nodded. A huge swarm of birds and bees appeared, zooming through the bank and attacking several tellers and customers.

Aidan strode over to the woman that had winked. "Now, what was that about the money?"

The teller paled and immediately began getting money out. He grinned. It felt so amazing to be evil!

He turned a few people who were trying to escape into birds, laughing as he watched them look around confusedly.

Then the sound of sirens pierced the air.

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt