Young Writers Society

Robin Hood Gang 4: The Hunted (Ended)

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm
Vanadis says...

Ace

For once, I was thankful that I'd never reached past five foot two, because I fit perfectly behind the bush that gave me the best view of the driveway. They were hydrangeas, even, so my blue hair didn't stick out in the least; I just looked like another flower. And if the rest of the gang could hear that thought, the teasing would never stop.

Being a fan of big bangs and large explosions, my fingers itched to test out my shiny, new-ish toy. I loaded it up, murmured a silent thank you to Gwen for the physics tutoring, aimed up at an angle and pulled the trigger. The gun made a little "floof!" noise, and soon there was an explosion.

"Where'd that come from?" one of them yelled as one of the vehicles and a small group of stragglers were all engulfed in flame. Another pointed toward the wrong way, and three of them set off in that direction. Resisting the urge to off them the same way--it would waste ammo--I took out my pistol and fired three shots. All three went down, but one of them got back up. He didn't stay up for long.

Drawing the other weapon once again, I took aim and let loose another grenade at the second car. So why was I blowing up the cars? I wanted to see them explode, of course. That and there would be little hope of them retreating, what with no getaway vehicles and all. I finished off the third next and sighed, fulfilled almost as completely as I could be. Time for the rest of them. They were spread out, apparently trying to get into the house while the rest of the gang took them out. Well, now that I'd taken out any hope of them making an exit...

As quietly as I could, I slipped behind bushes and around to the side of the house, taking out two enemies on the way before I felt a pain in my leg that floored me. "Shit! F-- ah, BASTARD!" I seethed, grasping the top of my thigh, pulling my hand away to see blood. My head started spinning, but I fought it off until another pain ripped through my left arm. I turned to the left--it had to be--and fired a few shaky shots at the figure standing there. It took five before I could kill him; he'd ruined my gun arm. I gasped, swearing, limping around until I found another hiding spot. There, I took my black tee shirt off and tore it in half, tying one part tightly around my leg and then using my right arm and my mouth to bandage up the other wound. I'd be less camouflaged that way, with only the bulletproof vest covering my back and chest, but I'd lose a lot less blood.

I ran around to possibly meet up with another one of the gang, so at least someone knew I'd been hit, that if I went down, they'd know what happened, but I didn't go without leaving a spray of bullets and three more dead behind me.

I wound up near the barn and found Maitea first. I'd have wished it was Eve in that instance, but my girl was good enough. "Maitea," I gasped, "it can wait till later, but I'm hit." It was nowhere vital, and I was conscious. I could hardly walk, but I could limp fast enough for the time being to possibly avoid a third shot. Turning back to her, I admitted, "Good news: they shot my left arm. Bad news: I'm a lefty."

My aim was shaky, but I could still back her up.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

It took long enough, but I finally thought they were all dead. Gun still pointed outward, I carefully steped from behind the truck. Suddenly, there was a crash. I looked over to where the noise came from, and saw a part of my house going up in flames.

I started running towards it, but someone grabbed my arm. "Riley, we need to get out of here," Eve told me.

"But....my house," I stuttered, then snapped back to my roll as a leader, "Everyone, get out, now!" I yelled as loud as I could. Apartently, most everyone had heard me, because when I finally got to the front of the house, the whole gang was there. "Get in the limo. We need to get out of here now, before the cops show up. I'm taking my dad's motorcycle, you guys follow me," I ran into the garage and came back a moment later on an ancient Harley Davis.

I turned and looked once more at the burning remains of my house. Everything was gone, now. I had just lost everything I owned besides the clothes on my back. But I couldn't focus on that now, we needed to get out of there.

"Come on, let's go!" I waved for whoever was driving to follow me. We drove down a few dirt roads, and through a patch of woods. We stopped at an old abandoned apartment building.

The gang came out of the limo, and looked at my curiously. I explained quickly, speaking on momotone, "I was in a band when I was younger. We practiced here, but after I left it was sort of abandoned." No one spoke, but followed after me into the house.

I knew what we had to do, the choice I had to make. We couldn't be on the run together anymore, it was too dangerous. I would have collapsed the gang at the house, but we needed to leave before the cops showed up. Now, I was about to do the toughest thing I had ever done.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:55 am
MayApple says...

Maitea

Before Riley brought us o the little apartment, I had found Eve and had her take a look at Ace's arm. She had bandaged it up, and given him a painkiller, despite his numerous complains about how he was perfectly fine for now. I had escaped the ecounter with only a couple scratches, a bruise on my right knee that made walking a bit painful. Ace seemed to have been the only one that got shot, and from the look on his face I think he noticed it too.

"You were just in the wrog place at the wrong time," I assured him.

"Aren't I always?" he asked. A few minutes passed in complete silence.

"This isn't good," I whispered to him now as I watched Riley enter the house. Her face was sullen, a type of sadness I hadn't seen on her face before. Eve nwhen she had thought Reg had died, her expression was different.

She brought us all into what must have been a dining room. She did't bother sitting, though the rest of us all did. For a minute, her eyes glanced over each on of us, and she looked like she was stalling, almost, holding back words. Finally, she spoke.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 pm
Kaywiia says...

Okay, this is the final post in RHG4. Watch for the new one soon.

Riley

I met each of their eyes before I spoke, but the words still stuck in my throat. I cleared it, then began to speak.

"We can't keep running like this, it's become obvious staying together is no longer the best option for us. There is too much room for error, too much room for people to turn on us." There was some mumbling in disagreement, I held up my hand, "How many of you, honestly, would not betray us to save someone you loved. What about to save yourself? And even if we were all heros, there is no way to be inconspicious with this many people. Someday we won't be able to fight back."

I paused for a moment. Not a sound was heard, no one even seemed to breath.

"Keep as little contact as possible, it'll be safer that way. It's best, honestly, if this happens." I took a deep breath, "As of now, the Fishers don't exist anymore." I paused for another moment, "I'll leave once the last of you are gone." I walked away from the table, and up to the rooftop of the apartment. In time, all the motorcycle as cars drove off into the night.

They were all going somehwere; where exactly I would never find out. Some of them I could take a guess at, others I had no idea. In time, I stood up, and ran downstairs.

Once again, I was alone.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta