z

Young Writers Society

X-Men: Rise of the Fallen

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:54 pm
Apple says...

Guys and Gals of YWS. As anticipated, I am finally putting my fingers to the keyboard to bring you; The X-Men SB. I know, me-Apple, finally typing something. Not really my fault I'm a lazy good for nothing-- The dates might be a 'lil off or something you spot is completely different from the movies and cartoons (that's if you spot anything), but I guess; nobody is perfect.

History: 25th of the 11th, 2005 (Death Day)

Betrayed by Rogue, Dr.Xaviers Institute for the Gifted is beginning to crumble as the mutants within are being slayed by the brotherhood. Unable to comprehend the genocidal plot, it wasn't till blood was spilt across the becoming debris of the institute that it all became clear. The time of the mutants was over.

Signing a contract with the Government; the Brotherhood agreed to stop mascaraing the "un-wanted" mutants that stand in their way. Giving them over to Senator Kelly, the Brotherhood hope for freedom in return. Although, Senator Kelly doesn't just want Xavier's mutants. He hungers for a more normal world and that means the complete eradication of all mutants, including the Brotherhood. Falling right into the Governments trap, the mutant number is immediately deployed into lesser numbers as mechanical warriors enter the scene.

"...And so my good people, the world of mutants is slowly coming to its end. A new era for the human race unfolds today, my dear friends; a time, in which the normality becomes the casualty." ~Quoted: Senator Kelly; BCS News.

Plot: 7th of the 11th, 2011 (Present Day)

Rising from the rubble of Xaviers Institute, the thought of peace is gone. A band of weakly powered mutants can only think of one way to help free what is left of their kind in the future; destroying the hate at its very core; Senator Kelly. Even if it means means starting a war. Taking shelter within the ruins of the Institute, the mutants begin to hatch a plan, one that may change the very course of future itself.

Rules:
-Regular YWS rules apply
-No god-modding
-Some cursing permitted
-No sex scenes
-Post regularly
-No killing off characters without permission

Character Template
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Ability: [/b]
[b]Strengths: [/b]
[b]Flaws:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
I spy!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 pm
SisterItaly says...

profile is already up :P
Last edited by SisterItaly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Bailey (a.k.a. Billy)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
\

Personality: She's a tom-boy, loves baseball, and track, she still loves pink, she is a softie, and usually can make friends with everyone, obviously not the brotherhood. Don't tick her off, cause she throws a mean punch. It's mat hard to make her mad.

Ability: Super speed

Strengths: Running (duh), strong fighter, great aim

Flaws: Anger issues, weak physically, easily persuaded

Background: Her father was old fashioned, he believed little girls shouldn't play sports. When she was 10 her mother sighed her up, for baseball. She fell in love with the sport, her team mates feared her, and her coach called her mother, saying she was... different. Her mother came to see what was wrong, and pulled her daughter out automatically. Baily still didn't understand why she couldn't play ball. She ran around in the backyard for her father, he disowned her. Her kicked her out of their house, forcing her to live on the streets. She met another mutant, several years older then her, his name was Brock. He took her in. One day, the brotherhood attacked them. The X-men saved her, but they killed Brock. She has seen what the brotherhood can do. When they attacked the academy, she ran for the hills. When she returned, she was heartbroken, no one knew about Brock, or her attack.

Other: Up for love ;)
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:56 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

YAY! You finally did it!

Name: Zee Harper

Appearance: Shaggy short black hair, piercing blue eyes. Usually in a black tee over a blue long sleeve shirt, bootcut black jeans, and black low top converse.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Very quiet, a little shy. She chooses to act rather than speak, and is more likely to break your spine than your heart. Keeps to herself, and is rather insecure. She feels like she's bringing the group down because she thinks she's both too young and too weak to help.

Ability: She can manipulate darkness into a solid and very destructive force. If she over-exerts herself, she'll black out, get lightheaded and dizzy, or something like that.

Strengths: Powerful, fast, reflexive, smart, knows the city.

Flaws: Can't use her power for very long, not very strong, doesn't think first, a bit violent, gets lightheaded.

Background: Zee grew up in an orphanage until she was seven. That's when she mutated, and was kicked onto the streets. She wandered the city for three years, picking up thievery and fighting, before she came to Xavier's.

Other: Has an odd affection for stray cats.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am
ScarlettFire says...

Hey Apple! Here I am, as I said I would. Profile soon.

Edit: Profile.

Name: Lillian Winters.

Appearance: Lillian is tall-ish, about 5'5, with pure white hair and dark blue eyes that often look black. Often seen wearing a black jeans with red top and a black jacket.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Lillian is often shy and distant, but when she isn't, she's kind, caring, bold, determined, smart, strong willed and fiery. Her temper is short, but when she's mad, she's mad. When she is focused, she's very single-minded and often watches those around her like a hawk.

Ability: Minor Empathy/Telepathy, minor shape-shifting (Canine/feline only) and manipulation of electricty/lightning. Her empathy and telepathy is poor, her shape-shifting is decent, but restricted to one or two animals in a day or she'll get dizzy and pass out, and her main ability, electricity/lightning manipulation, is strong, but it drains her engery, leaving her weak and prone to passing out, lightheadednes and dizzy spells.

Strengths: Despite her limp, she's actually fairly fast and though she relies heavily on her powers, she knows how to fight, and fight good (and dirty), with powers and long range weapons.

Flaws: Lillian has an injury that she'd prefer you not to know about: she limps and hides it pretty well. If you were to strike her right knee very hard, she would fall. When she was younger, there was an attack on her home and her leg was broken just above the knee, as well as the knee itself being damaged. Take away her ability to use her powers and she's not such a good fighter, especially in close combat.

Background: Not much is known about Lillian, apart from the attack on her house when she was younger and the fact that she now attends, or attended the rubble that was once known as Dr.Xaviers Institute for the Gifted.

Other: Up for love, has a limp and is always seen wearing a necklace with a key for a pendant.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 am
untameabletiger says...

girl spot!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:56 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Karlae

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Karlae is definitely unique, she loves to be outdoors, and she can't stand to be alone. She is amazing at building people up. She doesn't get mad easily, but when she does, she is a force to be messed with. Everyone loves to be around her because she is bubbly and sweet.

Ability: She can read minds and insert thoughts into people/animals minds.

Strengths: She is an amazing fighter and defender,and she can live off of the land.

Flaws: she hates heights and needles.

Background: She grew up with 4 brothers and 2 sisters who were all older than her. They picked on her 24-7 and she is the least favorite of her dad who beats only her and her mother for liking her most. but thats how she learned to fight and defend herself.

Other: she always wears her lucky jewelry,(shes wearing it in the pic.No nose ring)
Last edited by untameabletiger on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 am
Rydia says...

Name: Jason Owens
Appearance: Short, dark brown hair and pale green eyes. Jason has quite a slim build and is about average height. He favours simple tees, usually worn with a pair of dark trainers.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Jason comes across as quite a serious boy at first but as you get to know him and he starts to loosen up, you'll soon realise that he has a pretty normal sense of humour (if edging on dark at times) and he can't resist a practical joke. Jason's not good at knowing what's too far though and always seems to land himself in trouble and then either runs away or uses his power to get him right back out. He has few feelings of loyalty right now but when he owes you, you get paid back and the sooner the better because he hates owing people.
Ability: Jason can morph into other people, much like Mystique from the original series except that he can't do any animals and he only gets a very weak grasp on their power but a stronger one on any normal abilities such as their fighting skills. He is often found using this to get others into trouble or to get himself out.
Strengths: Independent and not tied down by any friendships, Jason is a free agent. He's quick to react and very flexible in that he has a good handful of people he can become. Jason has to spend time around a person to be able to mimic their abilities well and rarely gets more than a weak grasp on their power but he can do their appearance within seconds of meeting them. Something people find very disconcerting.
Flaws: He's not a bad kid, he's just had a hard time of it but you can't expect him to stick around when the going gets tough. If the odds are in their favour, Jason's all for teaching the norms a lesson but if not, he's off. And an example of how weak a grasp on their ability he gets is, if he changes into someone with a lot of fire power, he'll be able to create a small flame but only enough to light his cigarettes.
Background: Jason's parents didn't want him. He heard them talking about sending him away somewhere and so he snuck out and never looked back. He was about twelve at the time and had only just discovered his gift so he was afraid, alone and hungry. To this day, he doesn't eat very much, he's used to a very simple diet and thinks it's a waste to eat more than you need. He looks at fat people and they make him feel angry. Jason came to the institute only very recently when he was running away from some thugs and they offered him a place to hide for a few weeks. Now that it's been reduced to rubble, he feels bad for them but doesn't intend to stick around. He'll need to be convinced. As such, he barely knows the other characters and they don't much know him.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Girl spot.
Name: Catherine Rose 'Cat'
Appearance: pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. She has a scar running along her left cheek bone. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone is instantly happy. She loves dark clothes even on the hottest days. Wears a silver pentagram and an ankh.
Personality:She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check. She has nerves of steel.
Ability: She can control the earth in all it's forms.
Strengths: She is a brilliant researcher and can recall every single thing she has ever read. She has a photographic memory. She is brilliant at reading lips. She can fight with anything you give her even her bare hands She is a very good friend and is very empathetic, is very kind and understanding, is great at fighting and is very good at listening.
Flaws:She can't stand when people tell her what to do, she has a very quick temper her ability makes her experience extreme pain but she refuses to let anyone know.
Background:Her parents and sister abandoned her when she was 5 she has been alone and has raised herself.
Other: Listening/singing/playing music, drawing. She can read people and tell things that have happened in their past the reason she never found out. She uses music as her way out. Will often come up with poems and songs that describe how she feels she is extremely musically and artistically gifted.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 am
Apple says...

Crap on a cracker - I am so sorry. Everything has just been so hectic that I haven't had time (been allowed, actually) on the computer. I'll try and have something up for you tomorrow; promise! I AM REALLY SORRY! I am very very bad, please; DON'T KILL ME!

EDIT: If someone wants to start, then go ahead. :D

EDIT EDIT:

Name: Sylvester "Sylve" Orslo

Appearance:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Sylvester, as he loves to be called - Sylve is a nickname that he cannot stand and was given to after he was beaten in duel-like fight - is very hotheaded. If anyone says anything about his small stature; he'd literally break their necks. Sylvester is very sensitive and doesn't get on with most people. His anger is his most common mood as it is not hard to make Sylvester angry.

Ability: Vampiric Aurora.

Strengths: Sylvester is nimble. And I don't place this lightly. Sylvester can climb any height, no matter the danger, if it is a challenge, Sylvester will go through with it. His strength is profound - to a mortal, though. In an overall basis, Sylvester hasn't many strengths though, he is not useless.

Flaws: Sylvester isn't very brainy suffering dyslexia and ADHD. His temper is horrible having him kicked out of all of his school's that he has currently been enrolled in. He will pick a fight with practically anyone whether they be a sumo/ cage wrestler or an old lady being wise about his looks. He doesn't care when gets hurt as long as he is victor.

Background: Sylvester never knew his father, his Mother told him that he left her before Sylvester was even born. For the beginning of his life, Sylvester and his mother would travel around, his mother always somehow having cash. When Sylvester was expelled from pre-school for accidentally breaking a girls arm, his mother stopped moving around and moved in with a man claiming to be his new step-father.

Sylvester never liked his step-father. His gambling and drinking habits were strong, and often Sylvester would be woken in the night to his Father outside his door talking to another woman. Sylvester's mother ended up getting a job in a pet shop which Sylvester spent most of his time in. He was constantly teased by other kids for wearing the largest, most goggle eyed glasses(Sylvester has to because when he hasn't drank blood for a week - which he often neglects - his eye site becomes weaker) and his fathom to wear heavy clothing that cover practically every stretch of his body to hide out the sun.

His mother always knew that her son was Vampire from when he but a baby. Instead of taking milk, he'd bite her hands and get as much blood as he could. Sylvester was shunned by his step-father for this and would often be forced to starve for weeks on end. When he managed to drop out of his sixth school, his mother sent him away to a boarding school in which he is currently on probation.

Other: I don't know if he is up for love. As he ages a lot longer then everyone else, I don't think he'll be to interesting; if you want to give it a shot then - don't let me stop you. I'm going to point this out, Sylvester hasn't fed for a week because he managed to drain all the blood from his room mate. The hospital think the room-mates death was from heart failure and only Sylvester knows the truth. Sylvester hates himself for it and has vowed never again to drink blood, though he craves it so bad.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

<I'm going to start my post off at the boarding school. My character will come to the Institute soon, so don't think I'm throwing everything overboard. :D You people can start at the institute or where ever really.>

Sylvester Orslo:

I felt something hard smack the back of my head. Cringing, I didn't have to turn around to know what had been thrown at me. Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich. The smell was over powering, I felt my stomach instantly interlude into disgust. Turning slowly, I could see the leering face of James Wickham staring me down. His ugly pig nose snorted with laughter. Anger flamed within my eyes. If this were a cartoon, smoke would be spewing from my ears.

"Oh, did that hurt, little Sylve? Why don't you go cry to your mama, baby." His boisterous voice struck me like a tone of bricks.

I felt an ugly mask of rage cover my face. Who did this prick think he was? I had had enough of his damn pestering! Standing up in my seat, the class stool screeched across the floor. Their was no teachers in the class but yet everyone seemed to look around as if Mr. Lemon would jump out of the shadows and break his one gazillionth ruler across my desk.

"Did I make little Sylve angry?!" James perked his lips like he was talking to a three year old child. "Are you going to tell the teacher on little old me?"

Breathe, Sylvester; breathe. This is nothing to worry about, what ever James is doing is just to tick you off. Remember what the councillor said; take deep breaths. Sitting back down, I lowered my gaze downwards; my glasses slipping down my nose.

"Chicken!" James and his friends began to screech like chickens. Sorry Mr. Rodgers but I can't keep my promise to you! Flinging back my desk, my fingers held onto the table leg as I spun it like a toothpick towards James. Letting it fly, the desk stuck James heavily sending him crashing to the floor. Chairs began to screech as people flung themselves to their feet.

The smell of blood suddenly radiated around me. My tongue lashed as the corners of my mouth hungrily. The smell was like honey. My hands began to tremble, my stomach roaring for the gushing sensation of fresh blood. I needed blood so badly! Shaking my head, the image of my room mate fled into my mind. What had I done to poor Mike! Had he known what he was signing up for as he entered my room and agreed to be my friend he would've practically driven a stake through my heart.

Glancing back, as people began to surround James, a sickening feeling spread through my veins. What had I done? Stumbling over a fallen chair, I hit the ground, my glasses spinning off the bridge of my nose. Crawling to my feet, I began to move around feeling for my glasses. Stopping before the door, to long feet stretched before me. I didn't need my glasses to know who it was.

"Orslo, Principal's office. Now!" Mr. Lemon boomed.
I spy!

66 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm
SisterItaly says...

Billy (Bailey)

I sat in class, not really paying attention. I already knew about my connections with my powers. I could run really fast, woop-de-doo. Someone alert Usain Bolt that there's a new fastest person on earth. I could run the hundred meter in under a second. I smirked, then frowned looking down at the desk, on the paper, where I had written 'Brock' over and over again. Stupid brotherhood. Class ended quickly, I gathered up my things and headed for the door, but stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Bailey are you alright. You've looked troubled lately." I turned my head to see storm. A.K.A. Prof. Ororo.
"I'm fine, professor." I said, as she took her hand off my shoulder. She snatched the paper with Brock's name on it and studied it, shaking her head.
"We've all had difficult pasts Bailey, you need to let him go." I shook my head, snatching the paper at an alarming speed.
"I got to go." I said, running off. At my speed. It was free period. I could do what I wanted.

I went out into the garden, and sat on a bench. I tore up the sheet, slowly. I should have been the one to die. Not Brock, Brock was the one who convinced me that being a mutant wasn't a bad thing. I brought my knees up and wrapped my arms around them. I heard someone approach me.
"Well well well. Is Billy crying?" Billy, the name given to me by some jerk, who thought he could tease me by calling me a guy. I love that nickname now.
"What do you want?" I hissed, looking up at him to prove I wasn't crying.
"What's wrong Billy? Finally showing your, feminine side." I raised my fist to punch him, but stopped when I heard someone say...
"Quit it James."

*anyone*

The Book.

12 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Cat
I tucked my legs underneath me drawing in a sketchpad a black haired girl with black angel wings kneeling in front of a grave with a black rose in her hands a tear slipping down her cheek. I heard James Wickham making fun of Billy. I walked to him and she was raising a fist to punch him. "Quit it James." I said quietly putting a hand on his shoulder. He turned to me and asked "What are you going to do about it?" He asked mockingly. "I'm not but I'm pretty sure there are people that will." I said still quiet. He rolled his eyes and walked away. "Whatever." He called over his shoulder. I turned to Billy and asked in the same quiet voice I had used taking notes of tears she tried to hide "Are you ok?"

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:03 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Zee

I glanced both ways before dashing into the hall, the hood of my tee pulled up. I saw Cat, Billy, and James clustered out in the gardens, and immediately swerved away. I was the quiet girl with the shaggy hair- not to get involved with the bold, independent fighters.

Which wasn't to say that I wasn't a fighter- I was. But they... they all could use their powers however they wanted, easily, too. Me? I used mine for over a minute, I'd get dizzy enough to walk off a rooftop. In some cases, I'd black out. I hated it.

I broke into a sprint. I didn't know where I was headed, just that I wanted to get out for a little while. I had my iPod in, Coldplay playing loudly, and had my fingers starting to curl into fists, blue sleeves reaching the base of my fingers. I liked the short sleeved tee by itself- a large pocket, hooded, black- but I was nearly always cold. So I had started wearing it over a long sleeved blue shirt.

I veered away from another opening into the gardens. It was sunny today- I preferred overcast, or nighttime, or rain. Not sun. Besides which, someone might see me outside. It was better to be safely running through the maze of the hallways. The Institute was mostly rubble, but this part, the part I hid myself in, was still intact, if crumbling a little. I would protect with everything I had. It was my home now.

I liked it that way.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 pm
SisterItaly says...

Billy

I looked down at cat. I wanted to say. "No I'm not OK. I sat there while my best friend was killed, and still havent talked to anyone about it." But what I did say was completely different.
"I'm perfectly fine. Just sick of James." I shrugged, sitting again and moving my stuff over for her to sit. Leaving a piece of paper with Brock's name on it out in the open. I gasped and crumpled it up, but she already saw.
"Who's Brock." She asked sitting. I racked my brain for lies.
"Um, that's my middle name. Billy Brock Jamison." I said, content with my little lie. My real middle name was Marie. She nodded.
"OK..."

The Book.

12 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Cat
I sat beside Billy pulling out my sketchpad and continued working on my drawing.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown