z

Young Writers Society

Midnight ( started, accepting)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:31 am
Loller65 says...

BACKSTORY

For hundreds of years, an elite task force known as the Guardians has worked covertly to eradicate a few supernatural baddies that plague the Earth. They work in the shadows to protect mankind from a most severe infestation of monsters. Our story starts in a small town located in Michigan in the dead of winter where a Guardian and his new recruits are preparing to go take on a hive of Soul Eaters, their most common enemy.

People playing as Guardians must be human (or, on special occasions, half human/half vampire)

ENEMIES (All technically playable, but Soul Eaters, Zombies, and Ghouls are not suggested)
Soul Eaters-Look like humans. Faces split apart to reveal four sets of jaws laden with massive razor sharp teeth. Cannot speak
Smart Soul Eaters-Soul Eaters capable of human speech
Ghouls-Basically a stupid, angry animal. Incredibly hostile and will lash out at any and everything
Zombie-Standard Romero Zombie
Vampire-A vampire. Killable by traditional vampire killing methods
Werewolf-A traditional werewolf except these change at will, standard killing rules apply

RULES
No god-modding
Slight swearing is okay
Love interests are allowed at the discretion of both players
No sex
Basically normal rules apply

Character Template

Name-

Age-

Allegiance-

Species (if evil)-

Appearance/attire-

Weapons/Equipment-

Powers (if vampire)-

Personality

My Character

Name- Sven Pedersen

Age- 26

Allegiance- Guardians

Species (if evil)- NA

Appearance/attire- 6 foot 5, thin, short blonde hair in faux hawk, pale. Wears a jet black suit with black Chuck Taylors and a red tie.

Weapons/equipment- 2 silenced Les Baer .45 pistols w/underslung flashlights, 1 sawed off 12 gauge shotgun, 1 wakizashi (little tiny katana)

Powers (if vampire)-NA

Personality- Sven is a dark and grim person who lives pretty much to kill stuff. He was once happy-go-lucky, but when his small home town was attacked by zombies, his family was killed, and he escaped. He joined up with the Guardians a few weeks later, and word of him quickly spread. A year or so into his working for the Guardians, he discovered that someone from the other side had created a virus that turns humans into zombies. When he discovered this, he was determined to discover who was behind the zombie attack on his town and finish them. He has since begun investigating locations where there re massive amounts of the enemy, believing the person behind the attack on his family to be behind whatever he happened to be investigating at the time. He has had little success and has become even grimmer since. He gets along well with others, but doesn't talk much. Occasionally, he lets a little of his old self show and people warm up to him. Very independent. If he's in a tight spot, he won't ask for help, as he is confident and always very level headed.

Note-Sven will be leading the recruits into the hive.
Last edited by Loller65 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:27 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name- Ruri Lotus

Age- 17

Allegiance- Guardians, though she does have a criminal record.

Species (if evil)- N/A

Appearance/attire- Fairly tall, about 5' 6" or 7". She has inky black hair that reaches her chin, and has bright turquoise streaks running through it. Athletic body, sharp light green eyes. Fair skinned. Typically seen in black cargoes that hit the knee, a fitted blue tee, a black leather jacket with a faux-fur lined hood, and beat up and doodled-on teal low top Converse.

Weapons/Equipment- Doesn't go for elaborate. A knife strapped to each forearm, hidden under her jacket sleeve, a switchblade, a short sword hidden under her jacket. Not to mention the various gadgets stashed in the pockets of her cargoes. Prefers not to use guns.

Powers (if vampire)- Zip.

Personality- She's sarcastic and independent. She hates anything bubbly (and bubblegum, for that matter) and will not stand for sap stories. Yes, she's always been this way, yes, it's because her past was rough, no, she does not have a soft side. She has a personal vendetta against vampires. When she was six, her family was wiped out by a vamp, and she had no place else to go other than the streets. When she was twelve, after six solid years of thievery, deceit, and self-training, she joined the Guardians. She's still an incredible thief, and hates the fact that she's so young. Rather, hates how her fellow Guardians think of her for it. However, when she gets to fight... well, they pretty much shut up about it. Is rather violent, but once you have her respect, she's a fierce and caring ally.

Other- Hates bubblegum with a burning passion. Seriously, hates it. However, she loves fruity gum and is never seen without a pack stashed away somewhere.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:14 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name- Stella Dawn

Age- 17

Allegiance- Guardians, but she's a half-vampire

Species (if evil)- NA

Appearance-
Spoiler! :

Attire-
Spoiler! :

Weapons/Equipment- She carries around a small pistol at all times in her little green bag. But she happens to be better known for her poisons. She always has a vial or two lying around, each with a different purpose. She wears a small vial on a necklace around her neck, and no one but her knows what is in it.
Spoiler! :

Powers (if vampire)- Agility, and Strength (but because of being only a half vampire, she could just be mistaken for a gymnast)

Personality- She is bubbly, happy and sweet. She is perky, and lovable. She loves to have fun, and is a great person to be around. She isn't your stereotypical Guardian, and can be a bit of an airhead (except when it comes to poisons). She lived with her older brother when a werewolf attacked him. Because of her abilities, she made it out alive. Her brother was killed. She seeks revenge for what happened to him. She doesn't know what happened to her parents, she was little when they vanished.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:14 pm
Kaywiia says...

I don't think Ruri and Stella are going to get along very well.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:23 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Nope. I'm excited. :)
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:41 pm
Fox says...

Save a spot for me, please. I have to leave right now, so I can't make a profile yet, but I will when I get back.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

31 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:41 pm
Loller65 says...

Roger
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm
untameabletiger says...

save me a female guardian spot

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Do you need a guy or a girl? Oh well, I'll make both if it helps. Female Guardian. Male werewolf:) Hey Hope!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

31 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 pm
Loller65 says...

Whatever you want

-Leon Trotsky-

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am
Cirque says...

-Name: Jasper Wildes

-Allegiance: Evil

-Species (if evil): Vampire

-Appearance/attire: Jasper always wears black, with a dark red scarf. His thick trench coat is always covering his broad shoulders and an ank around this neck.

Spoiler! :

-Weapons/Equipment: Jasper has a very lage katana loped across the thick of his back. Long and very sharp daggers are positioned at his wait and his thighs, each of which are tied by thick leather thongs. Jasper does have a pistol, though he hardly uses it.

-Powers (if vampire): Corruption. This ability allows him to enter the mind of any whether they be concious or unconcious and play with their minds often causing people to go insane. He can create an illusion which can easily manipulate the victims past or future and can often make them into his own party.

-Personality: Evil and cunning, Jasper has pretty face yet a very ugly personality. You can call him a sadist, after all that is what he is. Seeing people in pain or crying can make him giggle like a little girl. He likes to be in control whether in a fight or in romance. Jasper is very cocky, its visible in his eyes. He likes to think himself better then everyone and will only waste his time with people he finds interesting. Playing them like a puppet.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am
Fox says...

Name: Aurelie

Allegiance: Evil

Species: Vampire

Appearance/attire: She mostly wears black and white, but occasionally blue, with loose jeans. She always wears tall black boots and a heart necklace.
Spoiler! :

She has black eyes and does not wear bows (just thought I'd make that clear).

Weapons/Equipment: She carries a knife in her belt. However, just to make things simple, she also carries around a gun for when she wants to get things over with. Normally, though, she uses little ninja type shurikens.

Powers: She can see the future.

Personality: She is very smug yet energetic. She loves to mess around, but when it comes to business, she gets serious. She never gives up and stays true to her word. She has a bad temper and never forgets. She gets easily annoyed with people who do stupid things and doesn't give second chances, though she's really kind when you get to know her.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:43 am
untameabletiger says...

This is kinda like the book i'm writing

Name- Kacela (Kace)

Age- 16

Allegiance- Guardian.

Species (if evil)- N/A

Appearance/attire-
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Imageignore the thing in the corner.

Weapons/Equipment- The heel of her boot comes off and their is a knife inside. She is known for her special powder she makes that has magical power.
Spoiler! :
Imageeach charm has a different powder in it.

Powers (if vampire)- N/A

Personality- Kace is very protective of those she is close to, she loves having adventures, and is a dare devil. The only thing stopping her is her fear of heights, and the fact that she is extremely shy. Kace is smart, but does have her blonde moments. She always feels alone in the world, like no-one cares.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm
Fox says...

Can we start now???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Im gonna make a profile real fast....

Name- Castiel MacTavish

Age- 21

Allegiance- Guardian

Species (if evil)- N/A

Appearance/attire- He is tall and broad shouldered, and not bad looking. He has messy black hair and shocking blue eyes that contrasts with relatively dull skin. He tends to wear simple clothing, often only a t-shirt, jeans and old adidas. He always wears an old leather jacket. Heres a picture of what he generally dresses like.

Weapons/Equipment- He carries a walther p99 in a under the shoulder holster, and he always has at least three knives on his body. In his truck he has an assault rifle, a sniper, and several other weapons/ pieces of technology he stole from the military. He also carries an old colt revolver loaded with silver bullets for werewolves. When hunting vampires he has a retractable wooden stake

Powers (if vampire)- N/A

Personality- He is not the kind of guy to always have a smile on his face, but neither is he the kind of guy who is always dour. He tends to be serious when working, but given spare time he is quite the opposite. He strongly believes in protecting the public, and although their job has no reward, and they never get thanked, he is happy to do what he does, since it allows for people to keep going, albeit unaware of the danger around them.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines