z

Young Writers Society

Fight for Control

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:01 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

The Idea

The Immortals have been fighting for control. The Light and the Dark. The power was distributed evenly despite the desperate attempts from both sides to end the war and take control of the world. The Light wishes only to restore the world to harmony while the Dark...well, only wishes to destroy it with plagues, famine, so on. The more the humans start to give in to temptations and sins, the worse the Earth becomes. And the stronger the Dark gets.

The power is starting to tip towards the Dark's favor.

Now each Immortal can control one of the elements. Earth, water, fire, or air. And an Immortal can only be killed by another Immortal. But now the battle has become more stressed now that the Dark looks like it's getting the upper hand. The Light grows stressed while the Dark grows eager.

Now, their are very few and rare Immortals who can control the element called Spirit. And while it is the most powerful, it is also the hardest to control. So each side are looking for the strongest of each element to prepare for the final battle which grows ever so close. And both sides grow nervous and eager to train their most powerful spirit user. Because they may just be what tips the balance in their favor.

So which side are you on?

Characters
Note: Please give real flaws to your characters - both physically and mentally/emotionally. Also try to keep the guy/girl ratio even. :) Thanks!

The Dark -
Fire Immortal : (Claimed by me, WhiteTiger93)
Water Immortal :
Air Immortal : (Claimed by Jetpack)
Earth Immortal :
Spirit Immortal : (Claimed by pshhxhoney)

The Light -
Fire Immortal :
Water Immortal :
Air Immortal :
Earth Immortal : (Claimed by Ninjacookiemonster)
Spirit Immortal : (Claimed by untameabletiger)

Undecided -
Spirit Immortal : (Claimed by Gsspcrocks)

With permission first I may allow human characters or so in the storybook, but I'd really like to get these positions filled first. Also, one character per person unless it looks like no one else would like a character and some are left. Then I may allow for 2 characters per person.

Character Palette

Name:
Side (Light or Dark):
Element:
Appearance (Pictures are optional, I don't mind if you use one or not. However a description is mandatory):
Personality:
Strengths:
Flaws:
History (This is optional if you'd like. I know that sometimes it's better to learn a characters history through the story, but please don't change things throughout. Know your characters history, but I won't ask you to tell us at first is you don't want to):
Other:
Up for love:

Rules

-I don't mind cussing at all. In fact, I think it adds to the character. However there is no need to make the character cuss almost every other word. Only when the situation calls for it and such. You know when to use it guys!
-No sex scenes. I'm a big girl but this is a YOUNG writers site, okay?
-No God-modding, obviously. I will call you out on it.
-I dislike perfect characters. So I'd really like to approve people's profile first. Just to make sure that they are realistic with flaws and such. (And yes, I would love you to approve mine as well. To be fair and so I get feedback myself.)
-No killing off another person's character without permission.
-A minimum of 700 words per post. I hate tiny paragraph posts. Sorry, but I really want this to last, guys.
-Don't bully anyone in the storybook, okay? No character is perfect and don't act like yours is so much better than the other. In a fight, I'm sure that each would be powerful considering that they're the best of their element. You can overtake another character, but don't have it be like your character is so much better than the other.
-As creator of the storybook only I am allowed to talk to someone if they are breaking a rule. And I will do that through PM so no one is embarrassed. If someone is doing something with your character that you'd rather they didn't (you know what I mean by this, I presume) then please PM me about it first so I can talk with the other. I will be discrete about i and not mention any names or so on if you would like. Sorry, I don't like to pull that "creator" card. I'm just trying to keep things fun and fair. :)

Are you in? :D
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:08 am
pshhxhoney says...

I'll make a guy cause we are sorta low on guys.

Name: Damien Hill
Side (Light or Dark): Dark
Element: Spirit
Appearance (Pictures are optional, I don't mind if you use one or not. However a description is mandatory): he has light blue eyes and dark brown hair. His hair falls in his eyes slightly, but not in an emoish way. Freckles are sprinkled across his cheeks and nose. He has a muscular body, but not crazily muscular, just a right amount.
Personality: He can be quiet at first, but when he gets close to someone he cares for them a lot and does everything he can to make sure they're safe. He has a bad temper, but tries to control it. He can also come of as a jerk sometimes even though he doesn't mean it.
Strengths: He incredibly fast, and strong, and can control his power well.
Flaws: His temper can get the best of him and when it does someone may get hurt..
Other: He has trust issues
Up for love: Absolutely
Last edited by pshhxhoney on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm yet happy and sad at the same time and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Stephen Chbosky

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

So joining.

Name: Blaire Chriss

Side: Light

Element: earth

Appearance: Blaire has dark red, wavy hair and piercing silvery blue eyes. She's tall for her age and slender, and has tanned skin, and is much more strong than she appears.

Spoiler! :

Personality: She's laid back and sweet, but if you get her angry, you'll most likely be mortally wounded within the hour. She's rather easygoing, but gets lost in thought a lot, and zones out easily. She's caring and quick to help, but doesn't think things out.

Strengths: Strong, fast, incredibly good with her power, quick on her feet, resilient.

Flaws: easily distracted, doesn't think things out, can be rather violent, a bit destructive, bad at long range.

History: She was a wanderer, truly. She had plenty of money, and used it, but never stayed in one place for long. She quickly grew tougher, though, as time progressed, as she saw the darker side of the world that no one should have to see. Soon she picked up pick pocketing and thievery, but she rarely uses it. She's still laid back, and loves to tell stories of her past, and of faroff cities full of bright colors and music. She never tells of her life before wandering, or of the dark and barren cities she's seen.

Other: Always wears a black cloak with a fitted torso and sleeves, royal blue lining, and an intricate silver clasp, often with the hood up.

Up for love: YES.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 am
untameabletiger says...

i claim female light spirit immortal.

54 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: Mary Claire Contra
Age: Appears to be 21. However she's really over a thousand years old. She lost count at 1,265. (;
Side: Dark
Element: Fire
Appearance: She has strawberry blonde (the red in her hair is very light and really only comes out in the sun) hair that falls in waves to the middle of her back. She is tall -around 5'10" and has a full, vuluptious body. Her skin is pale and porcelean like. Her eyes are a very, very dark brown. Almost black. She is considered beautiful by most but once you get to know her, that changes.
Personality: She is cold, cruel and sort of crazy. She will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Her attitude is as fiery and unpredictable as her element. Fire. She is not, however, all evil, as some may believe. She's not tortured by those she kills, but she does have some 'morals' for lack of a better word. For instance, since she's a deep thinker, she often tries to think of ways to get around the ending battle. She doesn't like to kill, but she does it without question because that's all she's ever known. She's easily angered and that not a good thing because when she gets very angry, she becomes a danger to all. She works her fire element very, very well. The Dark (by that I mean the council, the leaders of the Dark) are even saying she's one of the best fire users they've ever seen.
Strengths: She's a very powerful fire user and she's always trained in hand to hand combat, which she's also pretty good at. She is a deep thinker and that helps when they need to plan ahead.
Flaws: She often lets her anger rule her, which can cause her to get caught in sticky situations. Her anger makes her irrational and often causes her to abort previous plans made. Etc, etc. She's rather vain and cocky.
History: All I'll say is she was raised by a member of the Council for the Dark. So she's got their rules instilled in her brian. The rest will be revealed throughout the story. (;
Other: She's got one tattoo on her hip that reads "Power and Respect" in Japanese.
Up for love? Sure, I guess. Mostly she's up for relationships though.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:30 pm
View Likes
Jetpack says...

I claim Dark, female Air Immortal! I'm confused as to how Immortals will die, though. Ordinary wounds inflicted by other Immortals?

Name: Cathy Lyon

Age: Anyone's guess. She looks to be 16 or even younger, and she's a relatively young immortal, so most would say about 200.

Element: Air

Side: Dark

Appearance Cathy's quite dainty and very pale, with dark brown eyes like saucers and chestnut hair, styled in ringlets, tied at the side with a ribbon and reaching her shoulders. She's about 5 foot 2 and rarely ever smiles; most find it disconcerting when she does. Cathy looks like a Victorian porcelain doll, dressed all in white: the one you know is watching you as you sleep.

Personality: Cathy is fairly young by immortal standards, as stated previously, but she dedicated her whole life to the war and quickly rose up the ranks, abandoning her cousin's mortal family to do so. She can be quite naïve, rarely going against orders and expecting only the likely consequence - never the impossible. Cathy has spent most of her time honing her power and trying to prove herself as a valuable asset to the Dark, and in her meditations she has explored many new skills, some of which she is reluctant to share. The Dark suits her, allowing her to spend long hours alone, listening for the vibrations in the air that would signal an enemy attack.

Strengths: She has developed the manipulation of air beyond expectations of her leaders, through both natural ability and perseverance. Her skills include a semblance of weak telekinesis, caused by moving the air around small objects; the aforementioned "watchdog mechanism" of detecting vibrations; flight, and the ability to manipulate winds and lately, cause twisters. She's working on full-scale weather manipulation by moving thermal energy in the air, but it's tiring and time-consuming. Her last ability is one which even the Council agree is best to keep secret, for when the time comes. She tends to stand from a faraway distance during battle and throw knives or shoot arrows, as she is exceedingly accurate with both as long as she can maintain her concentration.

Flaws: Cathy has very little strength on the battlefield in hand-to-hand combat and is very introspective, leading to self-doubt and an irrational suspicion around other immortals. Sometimes, she's left to flank the others or is relegated to a scout, due to her lack of physical strength. She sees this as a personal slight given her advanced skill with her power, and it adds to her mistrust of the others. She prefers to work alone and is unlikely to voice her own strategems, preferring to keep to herself if she can bend the rules to accomodate.

History: Cathy lived with her cousin's mortal family, to whom she was very close, until the age of 25, knowing all the while that her cousin would grow old and she could not. She could have left with her powers growing all the while, but she felt bound to care for her uncle, who had taken her in when she had been found, with a note, on his doorstep. He never told her the words. She looked after him until his death, even though he stopped recognising her when she came to see him. Intending to be unseen, she attended the funeral, but her cousin (now far older in appearance than Cathy) saw her from a distance and cried out in confusion. Cathy, unwilling to explain herself, ran away and became a student of the Dark. Only once did she abandon them in a battle, and that was to attend her cousin's funeral.

Other: Cathy stares a lot, which many other immortals find quite disturbing, and is often assumed to be younger than she really is.

Up for love? Yep.
Last edited by Jetpack on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:32 pm
untameabletiger says...

Name: Ashynna (Ash)

Side (Light or Dark): Light.

Element: Spirit.

Appearance: Ash has long brunette wavy hair, and chocolate brown eyes. She has a lower lip pier
cing but she rarly wears it. Ash is very slender, but toned,and around 5'11"
Spoiler! :

Personality: Ash, Is a fighter, she has worked her whole life and knows how to get her way both the easy, and the hard way. She is very quiet, because she prefers to listen,and absorb the knowledge being shared. She is very sweet and intellegent, if you can get her to speak. She loves nature and to be with as little people as possible,but she hates to be alone.

Strengths: She is an amazing fighter, she can seperate lies from truth easily. She is very intellegent.

Flaws: She has problems with communication,trust and she is afraid of heights.

History: Ash grew up in a very small town, Her parents seperated when she was four, she lived a doublle life. When she was with her mom, she was girly and very sweet.When with her dad, she was Rocker and sassy. She just wanted her parents to be happy with her. he dad taught her how to fight and defend herself, while her mother taught her how to sew, how to tell when someones lieing, and schooled her. When Ashes parents found out about her double life, they decided that she wasn't honest, and they put her up for adoption at the age of eleven. Ash stayed in the orphanage until she was eighteen, then the kicked her out on the street, forcing her to live by the skills taught by her parents.

Other: she has had a lucky necklace since she was little, she never takes it off.

Up for love: yea!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 pm
pshhxhoney says...

Is this dead already...?
"I'm yet happy and sad at the same time and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Stephen Chbosky

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Name: Teodora
Age: Nobody knows for sure. She looks to be about twenty.
Side (Light or Dark): None
Element: Spirit
Appearance (Pictures are optional, I don't mind if you use one or not. However a description is mandatory): wavy Brown hair with blonde streaks that goes down to her shoulders. She's rather small for her age and wears square glasses. She wears a denim skirt most of the time, with a yellow tank top.
Personality: Despite her dainty looks, Teodora is incredibly manipulative. The thing she enjoys most is messing with mortals, whether it's good or bad. She's almost psychotic at times, but has a soft side towards females. Male mortals, however... She'll go out of her way to give them hell. She's very unpredictable.
Strengths: Unpredictable and incredibly clever. She has a way of anticipating almost every move you'll make.
Flaws: Goes through violent mood swings and tends to take up time arguing with herself. Also, she's not good at the whole covert thing.
History (This is optional if you'd like. I know that sometimes it's better to learn a characters history through the story, but please don't change things throughout. Know your characters history, but I won't ask you to tell us at first is you don't want to): You'll find out.
Other: Is OCD and has a split personality. She'll side with whoever she feels like at the time. She's a loose cannon, and you can expect her to betray you at some point.
Up for love: Sure, if you can deal with her.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

54 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:23 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

No more girls from now on, guys. Until I say so. We need some males. Sorry.

And also, yes, Immortals kill other Immortals by normal wounds. Like a stab to the heart by a human wouldn't kill them. But from an Immortal, yes. However, normally they use their elements for that.

Spirit users - No more, please. Also - please PM me and we'll discuss the different powers you'll have as one of the Spirit users. Remember though, you'll have more trouble getting control of it though. So I don't want to see you excelling (at first!) as well as those with normal elements, okay?

Thanks, and after we get some more guys, we'll begin!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Zach

Age: Appears 16, but appearences arent all that they seem ;)

Side (Light or Dark): Light

Element: Air

Appearance: 6 feet even, buff, but not overly buff, He has shaggy black hair, and stands proud with a puffed out chest. He has light blue eyes, that almost look white at times. Wears ripped denim jeans and a leather jacket.

Personality: He may look like he thinks he is all that, but he doesnt act it. He is a big softie, and does whatever it takes to defend others. Often likes to play hero, to impress girls, he is a flirt.

Strengths: strong, dodging, hand at hand combat

Flaws: running, weak heel, terrible aim

History: He doesn't really remember much, he moves around a lot, so his immortality doesn't get discovered

Other:

Up for love: SHA-YA
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 am
Fox says...

I'll join this. Save me a spot for a dark immortal.
Last edited by Fox on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

54 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:03 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Well if we have one other interest in this in the next day or so, we'll start anyway. Please feel free to create another character if you would like.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Do we seriously have two guys?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Wren Fire
Side (Light or Dark): Light
Element: Water
Appearance (Pictures are optional, I don't mind if you use one or not. However a description is mandatory)::pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. She has a scar running along her left cheek bone. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone is instantly happy.
Personality: She is intelligent scary intelligent but she keeps her mouth shut a lot of the time. . She has a very bad temper and she has snapped and beat the crap out of people. Sweet gentle and understanding She has a great sense of humor is a great listener and is very empathtic.
Strengths: She a fantastic singer She is a brilliant researcher and can recall every single thing she has ever read. She has a photographic memory. She can fight with anything you give her even her bare hands. She is fiercly loyal to her friends and fellow criminals. She can read people and tell things that have happened in their past the reason she never found out.

Flaws:She is very hot tempered and is not afraid to speak her mind. She broke her wrist when she was younger and every now and then it goes numb and she has to force it to move.
History (This is optional if you'd like. I know that sometimes it's better to learn a characters history through the story, but please don't change things throughout. Know your characters history, but I won't ask you to tell us at first is you don't want to):
Other:She wears black alot. She loves to sing and play the guitar. She has an amazingly beautiful singing voice that Amy Lee would be jealous. She loves to draw and write poems. She is an insomniac
Up for love: Yes yes yes yes yes yes.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato