z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.(new thread)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:51 am
Ray112 says...

On contrary this post is alright you're right where you need to be.
"Insert life changing statement"

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I didn't really know what to post.

~Kassie~

This was simply amazing. I watched as, one by one the dragons came down to their rider. It was just so...spectacular. I couldn't think of anything to say to this, I was just afraid something would go wrong, and I wouldn't be a rider--was that even possible this late in the ceremony? I couldn't help but glance at Allon once again, but, once again, he wasn't looking at me. I sighed, wondering why I let myself try. It always happened to me, so why did I expect anything from someone I barely knew. He was busy smiling at that other girl, Jocasta was it? It didn't matter, I would soon have my dragon, and it would all be fine, right? I wouldn't need anyone, I had my dragon, and, of course, my new sister Maeve.

"What do you think about all of this? It all happened so fast for me," Maeve whispered. I nodded, smiling at her. We were like real sisters.

"Same here. I'm not sure what to think," I whispered back. I really wasn't thinking about the dragon much. I was thinking about Allon and that other girl, who's name always fail to come to me.

"It all comes at a price." I heard Tiaan say before she turned and bolted. I looked in the direction she had gone, wondering what was wrong. I wanted to go after her, but she probably needed to be alone. None the less, she didn't need to end up missing. I looked back to Maeve, who had looked at me.

"Should we go after her?" I asked. She nodded, and we both started moving at the same time, going into the forest after her. Emmett had started to follow, but we stopped him, telling him to just stay there, then we were jogging after her. It reminded me much of the last time we were running through here, though that time we had been the one hiding from someone.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 pm
Fox says...

Emmett

"Maybe you should just stay behind." Kassie told me as she and Meave ran after Tiaan. Meave looked back at me, and I tried to smile, but I couldn't. Why was this happening again. I didn't even do anything. I always had a way of screwing things up.

I put my head in my hands and waited until everyone had gone. I knew everyone would be talking about their dragon's names tonight, but I decided I should just stay out of it. I didn't want to mess anything else up.

When night came, everyone gathered around the campfire and started talking, of course, about their dragons. I walked over to the edge of the cliff. I remembered the last time I had sat there, and then afterwords, Meave was mad at me. I thought back to it, trying to think of what went wrong. I was just talking to Tiaan and...then it clicked with me.

I jumped up and looked around for Meave and Kassie. Finally I understood why she was angry with me, and they weren't here! Just my luck, but I would wait, and I would explain what really happened. She might not believe me, but at least I could know what went wrong. I just hoped it wouldn't be too long. I could hardly wait to tell them. I sat back down and started thinking it through. I wanted to make sure that nothing could go wrong when I was explaining it to her.

I ran through what to say in my head and practiced out loud. I probably looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. I had the chance to make things right again, and that was what I intended to do.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:23 pm
Pundit says...

NPC is non-player character
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:02 am
Fox says...

Oh...good to know! :D Thanks Pundit!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm
Ray112 says...

hey do you guys want to keep this going? It seems a little unfair. We never got to get to the school or really learn to fly our dragons.
Last edited by Ray112 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:50 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yes, though I'm having a little trouble following things with my character hardly ever mentioned. >.>
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:52 pm
Ray112 says...

Lol hey now I mention you in my posts! =P

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay... But is it something I can work with?

I'll go check on that too. I really need to post...

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 pm
Ray112 says...

yeah me too. I"m over do for a post. I have to be honest guys after this i dono where to go. I was making it up as I went before. But all of you are part of this now so i'm open for suggestions. Lets make this into something more than a story book. lets make this into a new world!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Alright, I'm lost. Where the hell is Jocasta right now?

Oh, a suggestion: Let's have the prophecy Pundit has in his profile, obviously, come true and throw in some drama.... Is it just me or is Jocasta hiding from the fact that she actually likes Allon? I also suggest we focus on the characters and a few plot points, such as getting to the school and learning to fly, etc. So, think we can speed it up a little?

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm
Ray112 says...

Allon~

"It comes at a price!" Tiaan shoved Emmet aside and ran towards the forest. In moments she left the fire light and her silhouette melted into the shadows.

"OY," Bofur said "WHERE'S SHE GOING?" Maeve and Kassie exchanged looks and they started after her. Emmet started to follow them but Kassie stopped him.

"Maybe you should just stay behind," she said. Emmet looked confused as the two girls parted and entered the shadows. Jocasta, put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"MERLIN'S BEARD!" Bofur scratched his beard, "I GOT THE DRAMATIC BUNCH."

"We'll go after them," Emmet offered but Bofur shook his head.

"NO, YOU LADS STAY HERE. I'LL GO FETCH THE GIRLS," Bofur then placed two fingers-thumb and for finger-between his lips and whistled. Almost immediately the air around them became active and a shadow passed over the moon. The shadow grew bigger until the huge white dragon landed on the table top. It had eyes as blue as the ocean and it's scales looked as white as freshly fallen snow on a winter morning. Allon had seen snow once when his father took him to the Mineku Mountains. The dragon's scales sparkled in the moonlight just as the snow had in the sun's early rays. Bofur smiled as he patted the dragon's under belly.

"KIDS, THIS IS WHITE BEAM."

"Wow..." Jocasta was speechless.

"RIGHT," Bofur's expression turned serious. "I'LL FIND THE LASSIES"-he looked at the fire-"STAY AWAY FROM THOSE FLAMES. THERE'S STILL SOME MAGIC IN THEM." When Bofur spoke Allon noticed he was staring right at him. Bofur jumped on to the leather saddle on the dragon's back and saluted. "I'LL BE BACK" he said before Whitebeam jumped over the ledge and into the night sky.

"Well..." Jocasta sighed. "Looks like I'm stuck with you three losers."

"Actually, make that two losers," Blake said. She'd been quiet most of the time. She was too awestruck by the site of Bofur's dragon. How could such a raggly man have such a beautiful creature as his partner?

Jocasta scowled when she noticed that Emmett was no longer with them. "GREAT! Now HE'S gone too!" Allon didn't reply but he walked towards the fire. Jocasta stared at him.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

Allon turned. "Bofur doesn't know where Tiaan's gonna go."

"And you will?" Blake asked. Allon looked into the fire and raised his hand over it, as if he were casting some sort of spell.

"What're you doing Allon?" Jocasta asked again. Allon didn't speak for a long time. It wasn't until a hole minute had passed that he said.

"Fell-fire." He turned and looked at them. "Fell-fire is the name of my dragon." Immediately a screech cut through the sky and a shadow passed over the moon. The shadow moved so fast that it was hardly visible and it circled above them once before landing outside the fire light. Red eyes stared back at them from within the darkness. Jocasta screamed and Blake tripped and fell. A red foot with sharp talons stepped into the fire light.

"Allon..." Jocasta started "What did you..." Then the creature stepped into the fire light.

~~~~

Tiaan sat a rock perched at the edge of the forest and looking over a cliff that emptied out into a straight drop to the ocean. She knew it was dangerous but the salty air called to her. The waves crashing against the rocks sang a song of longing. She longed to return home--to the sea. All it would take is one step...

Tiaan jumped back at a sudden flutter of wind. She sensed the breeze was an unnatural one that came from a source other than the sea.

"Sup."

"Allon?"

Allon nodded. He tried to make as little movements as possible while balancing Fell fire's back. Jocasta was riding piggy back with him. If you trip I'll laugh, said the voice at the back of his head that Allon recognized to be Fell-fire's. You know what? Now i'm starting to wish you couldn't talk, he replied.

Fellfire laughed, which sounded like a gutteral coughing sound. PleaseYou love me.

"Oh, Shut up!" Allon said aloud and noticed the look Tiaan gave him. "Not you."

Jocasta rolled her eyes. "He's been talking to himself like that this whole time."

"I understand," Tiaan said and she winked. "I can hear him. Hi, Fell-fire."

Now, She's nice. Maybe I should've picked her

Whatever, Allon replied mentally as he jumped down on to the ledge.

"Tiaan why don't you come back?"

Tiaan didn't look at him. "It's personal."

"Well, look I know~" Allon started but Tiaan cut him off.

"Nothing, you say is gonna make me come back Allon."

Allon's resolve broke. "Well what can I do!" he exclaimed "Tiaan we're family now--all of us! We've done it all together. From the kneeling ceremony to the camping in the forest. Why can't you let whatever's bothering you go?"

"Come on Tiaan," Jocasta exclaimed "you're one of us!"
Tiaan didn't say anything she continued to look at the ground.

"Tiaan come on." Allon demanded "Come back."

"Okay I will," she said. Allon paused.

"You will?"

"Yes, In one condition."

Allon nodded. "Okay, name it."

Tiaan smiled. "A kiss."

"What?!" Jocasta blurted and she blushed. "not that I care." Tiaan continued smiling but didn't say anything.

"Umm...Why?" Allon asked.

Tiaan sighed. "I'll tell you after." Allon still didn't look sure. "God! It's just a kiss with a girl...unless you'd prefer a boy."

Allon's eyebrow twitched. "Okay fine. Lets do this!" Allon grabbed Tiaan and pulled her in close. She hadn't expected that. Tiaan smirked. Her eyes twinkled in the moonlight and Allon blushed as he noticed just how pretty she was.

"Well tiger?" she said.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:57 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Jocasta:

"Well, Tiger?" Tiaan asked, her voice pitched low. I rolled my eyes. How childish was this.

Allon didn't even look back as he lowered his head to hers. Suddenly Tiaan jerked his head down and pressed her lips to his. And it was in no way a simply kiss.

Disgusted, I looked away. For a long time there was nothing but the sound of them kissing and then she laughed. In fact, she was giggling now. I looked back to see Allon standing there, dumbfounded while Tiaan laughed and stepped away, skipping over to Allon's dragon.

What the.... I looked from her to him and then back to her. She was entirely too pleased with herself. I could feel my temper rising, feel it snap. Oh boy, was she in trouble now.

Furious, I grabbed her arm as she tried to walk past me. "You bitch," I hissed and let her go. Tiaan stared at me. Then I slapped her. "You're not worthy to be a Rider... Filthy pirate."

Tiaan chuckled. "Me? Filthy? How about your limp? How'd you get that?"

I felt myself grow pale. How dare she... "Point," I muttered and then shouted. "How come you're the second girl from Mantis? I thought it was one boy and one girl, not two girls!"

Tiaan hesitated, glaring at me. Then she grinned and stepped close, almost pressed up against me. "You weren't even limping," she whispered and then raised her hand and trailed it down over my cheek and lips. "Honey."

I stared at her, eyes wide, as she grinned and skipped off again. She was...toying with me? What the hell? By the time I gathered myself, Allon was standing before me, staring at me and then staring after Tiaan.

"What the hell?" he muttered.

I laughed without humour. "You can say that again."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I had seen it all, and I hadn't dared to say anything, or make myself known where I had been standing. Why? Why was the only thing I could think of. I should have known he didn't like me, though. Who could? I was too stupid, I had fallen for someone when I knew they couldn't feel the same. So why was I so shocked? If I had known everything wouldn't work out the way I planned, then why was I so surprised it had turned out like this? Why was I so mad?

I didn't know, and I didn't think. I turned and ran, ignoring Maeve, who tried to grab my arm. I ran in a random direction no caring where I ended up. I saw a shadow flying over me, and looked up momentarily to see the dragon I had just earned. Tarrion was his name. I slowed down, sinking to my knees where I was. I pulled the dagger from my hip. I pressed the tip of the blade against my wrist, closing my eyes.

You don't want to do that Tarrion said. He was right, I didn't, but if it helped get my mind off of everything that happened, I would. Tarrion landed in front of me, close enough form to feel his breath, hot on my skin. I dropped the blade, looking around. He was right, I didn't want to. I didn't want to.

I wondered where I was, and if anyone would be able to fin me. I stood up, getting closer to the huge, black beast. I touched him, feeling the way his scales were smooth under my hand. I didn't think about this either, I just climbed on his back.

"Take me back," I whispered, feeling the way his wings blew air on my as we took to the sky, flying high above the trees. It was amazing and I didn't want it to end.

You have to let things go sometimes Tarrion said. I nodded, laying my head on his neck as we flew and closing my eyes, smiling. This was nice, peaceful even.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 pm
LastPaladin says...

Tiaan

Slipping her tongue inside his mouth, she faced no resistance. Even though her eyes were shut, she could practically hear the steam coming from Jocasta’s ears; meanwhile Allon wasn’t fighting back, and was obviously enjoying this.

Finally she ended the kiss, and embrace, grinning, as she moved away from the flabbergasted guy.

Just as she joyfully skipped past Jocasta, she felt her arm being grabbed and spun around. The expression was livid, pure jealous rage, "You bitch,"

Tiaan had no time to answer as she felt the hand slap her face hard, “You're not worthy to be a Rider... Filthy pirate."

Chuckling, Tiaan stared into her eyes, “Me? Filthy? How about your limp? How'd you get that?"

Jocasta faced paled as her voice lowered, "Point," she muttered before continuing, "How come you're the second girl from Mantius? I thought it was one boy and one girl, not two girls!"

Grinning she wondered why this girl was so interested in this, “You weren't even limping,” she whispered, her lips close to the girl face, before she murmured so no one but Jocasta heard, “Honey” while she traced the girl cheek and lips, a soft smile on her lips, and dazed look in her eyes.

Leaving another person shocked, she skipped off towards the dragon, replying to the dragon, “Think they’ll understand FellFire?”

I doubt it.

She laughed and climbed on to the beast.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
— Mark Twain