z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.(new thread)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 pm
untameabletiger says...

Don't let this die!!!!!!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Then post dooface!! I would, but I don't know what to say! I didn't eat THAT much cheese!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 pm
Fox says...

Have any other characters not done the whole dragon thingy, or are there just NPCs???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Uh...for all I know, NPC could mean Ninja Pickle Camp...sorry! :)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:14 pm
Fox says...

I'm not quite sure what it means, but I'm pretty sure it's the characters in the SB that nobody in particular plays. Like it's one of the people in the background that are just there, but only really do something if one of our characters does something with them. You understand???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, yea! Better than what I thought it meant...sorry! (:
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 pm
Fox says...

Okay, let us continue!
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am
Ray112 says...

hey guys sorry i haven't posted in so long. I've been working on a speech for my class so i've been kinda jammed up. =P
"Insert life changing statement"

30 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 am
Ray112 says...

*hey guys sorry for my absence. I've been kinda jammed up working on a speech for my speech class. Anyway Scarlet to answer your question your post was good nothing wrong with it. Thanks for keeping this going everyone.*

Allon~

Allon placed a hand on Jocasta's shoulder. "Hey," he said " good job up there." Jocasta nodded and smiled as he lead her back over to the group.

The rest of the selections went by quick--faster than they had the previous day and by the end of the night they were all gathered around a fire camped out on table top mountain. The Instructor Bofus grinned as he stood before them.

"TONIGHT YOU'LL ALL BE PARTICIPATE IN SOMETHING SPECIAL. I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT IN THE LAST TWO HUNDRED YEARS YOU'RE THE FIRST GROUP OF CADETS TO ALL BE CHOSEN BY DRAGONS."

Tiaan gasped. "So that means we're special?!"

Bofus laughed heartily. His voice was so loud and grand that nearly shook the mountain. "IT MEANS I'M PROUD TO BE YOUR INSTRUCTOR-THAT'S FOR SURE!"

"So where do we go from here?" Allon asked.

"GOOD QUESTION ALLON, I SEE YOU'RE A YOUNG MAN THAT'S QUICK TO THE POINT" The instructor acknowledged "SEEING AS THIS HAS BEEN THE FASTEST KNEELING CEREMONY I'VE SEEN IN YEARS, IT'S TIME WE STARTED OUR NEXT CEREMONY."

"And what would that be?" It was Emmit who spoke up this time, but rather than reply Bofus turned away from the children and faced the fire. He reached into a pouch he kept on his built and threw a hand-full of the contents into the fire. The fire exploded and a red wall of flame shut up six feet into the air.All of the cadets jumped to their feet and backed up safely to avoid the fire.

"NOW WE'LL BEGIN THE NAMING CEREMONY."

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:38 am
Fox says...

Emmett

I looked up as the fire rose to the sky. The moon was full, but other than that, the sky was dark, no stars.

"NOW WE'LL BEGIN THE NAMING CEREMONY." The instructor called. Everyone smiled, and I completely forgot about Meave being mad at me. I looked at her and smiled.

"What are you going to name yours?" I asked her enthusiastically. She opened her mouth to speak, but stopped for some reason. I looked at her, confused, and she glared back. She turned away, leaving me to wonder, then I remembered. I still didn't know what I had done wrong, but I tried not to think about it. I turned back to the instructor.

"EACH OF YOU WILL GO BACK ON THE LEDGE AND BOW. YOUR DRAGON WILL RETURN AND KNEEL BEFORE YOU. THIS TIME, YOU MUST APPROACH IT AND TOUCH IT ON THE HEAD, JUST BETWEEN THE EARS." The instructor said. We all listened quietly, not wanting to miss anything. "I WILL THEN GIVE YOU AN ENCHANTMENT TO SAY THAT WILL SUMMON THE MAGIC OF THE BONDING. A RUNE WILL BURN ON YOUR HAND MATCHING THE ONE ON THE DRAGON'S FOREHEAD. ONCE THE RUNE IS COMPLETE, THE DRAGON WILL TELL YOU ITS NAME." he finished. No one spoke.

So the dragon was the one to tell you its name. I'm sure that made things a lot easier for some people, like me. I was really bad at making decisions, and I was glad that here, the dragon made all the decisions.

After a while, the instructor said, "SO, WHO WANTS TO GO FIRST?!" I wasn't going to miss my chance this time. I raised my hand, and he nodded to me. I smiled, and walked out onto the ledge again.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:30 am
Ray112 says...

Allon~

Allon and the rest of the group stood back from the ledge as Emmit approached. Whatever Bofus put in the fire had run out because the fire light died immediately when Emmit reached the ledge. The sky was black except for the white of the moon which shined down on the land like a spotlight in absence of the fire light. Allon knew he was probably imagining things but it seemed like the moment Emmit bowed the moon light focused directly on him. An ominous wind blew and the air became thick with static. A shadow crossed over the sky and Emmit's dragon landed before him. The boy's head perked up almost instantly. Allon heard Maeve gasp when the dragon landed. Kassie placed her arm on her shoulder for comfort. Allon exchanged looks with Jocasta. It was gonna be an interesting night.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:00 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

The dragon landed in front of Emmett, and I couldn't help but smile. Maeve, who was standing next to me, gasped, and I put my arm on her shoulder, smiling more. This was going to be interesting. It was so dark out, I could barely see, but it seemed the moon had focused it's light directly on Emmett. I looked over at Allon to smile at him, but he was looking at that Jocasta girl, and I felt my smile fade, and I looked down. I remembered the cut on my arm, now hidden with the cloth again. I wondered what Maeve thought of it. Obviously she didn't care much, or at least she didn't show it, because she was still next to me, acting like my sister, like I was sure we would now be.

I looked back up at the sky, looking at the dragon in front of Emmett. Her hopes had been squished, but he seemed to care about her still. It was nice to see that in them. I might not ever have that, but it didn't come as a shock to me. I looked over at Maeve, who was looking at Emmett, and I smiled, not caring if she saw or not.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:23 pm
LastPaladin says...

Tiaan

She already knew what the name would be, but nonetheless she was having fun leaving people guessing so she stared at the silent moon, watching for the Violet Supernova she’d seen earlier, it was an omen of that much she was sure, but of what she had no idea.

Her dragon was gorgeous, much like the nova it was purple and shone like one distant star. The beast knew her, it knew her family, and it knew her secret, her reason why she was happy all the time. And that scared her; for once in her life she was nervous.

It was something she hid from the entire world, she was no saint, no innocent little girly and her happiness it came at a price.

Suddenly Emmet tapped her, “It’s your sho--.”

In a flash she pulled out her blade screaming, “It all comes at a price.”

Then she ran off.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:40 pm
Pundit says...

Mahdi-

Five of the six were chosen. And-I may be the sixth. If so, it will be the third time in over eight hundred years that six riders, from one generation, matched the six of prophecy. These could be portentous times.

Blessings upon you and yours,
Servant of Theta
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 am
Fox says...

Emmett

I knelt and bowed my head, waiting for my dragon to come. In no time, it did, and I knew exactly when. The ground shook as it landed, and I looked up. This time, I studied it's features.

It was blue and black, and had a collar of spikes around its neck spikes on it's tail. It was huge, too! Probably the biggest in the group, or one of them at least. I stared into it's piercing black eyes and stood up. It huffed, and I took a step backwards. I could hear gasps from those watching, but ignored them, taking a step forward again. The dragon bowed it's head, and I put my hand out.

My hand was firm as I placed it right between the dragon's ear...

When I touched it, and immediate connection came between us It felt like we had known each other forever. I listened carefully for the instructor's voice to tell me what to say.

((Sorry it's so short, but I don't have a lot of time to think about the enchantment. I apologize if my post is messed up. I was a little confuzzled and may have misunderstood. Please ignore this post and tell me if I screwed up. Sorry!!!))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara