z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.(new thread)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

By the time I awoke, the group was surrounding me. I could feel the heat flood my face, as I looked up at Emmett. Emmett had comforted me, but I was mortified. My mind was still spinning, and I wished I would have never came out to this field. I stood up, and brushed off my legs. It was silent, until I busted out laughing.I don't like standing out, but I might as well break the awkward silence.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blake

I trembled with rage. I had just told them everything about me. Why I had no mother, what my father was like, why I acted the way I did. But will we pay her any attention? No. Let's all laugh and sit around the girl with the long blonde hair who couldn't take the pressure.

I grabbed a sleeping bag and climbed up a tree. I climbed in, far away from their laughter and story telling. Tiaan was telling hers now, but I didn't care. I shifted to face away from the fire, glaring at the mountain top.

I felt something hard pelt my back. Without missing a beat, I grabbed it in midair and clenched my fist around it. I shot it back and smirked at the satisfying "whack!" and following "OOOW!" I pulled my fists into my chest and tucked my chin down.

I closed my eyes after a while, after the chatter below had died down. They were all still by the long-blonde, whispering amongst themselves. I could almost feel the worried, scared, and worst of all, pitying looks boring into my shoulders. I shook my head gently and pulled my knees up higher.

So a screaming girl was more important than a girl who could never have what she needed most. Learn something new every day.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

Emmett

I noticed Blake climb up into a tree. She looked angry, and I could tell she just needed to talk...or kill something. Either way, her anger could get out. I decided to go try to talk to her. I didn't want to leave Meave's side, but all her other friends, like Allon and Kassie and Tiaan, were around her. I figured it would be okay.

I picked up a rock and trough it up at Blake, trying to get her attention. That wasn't the smartest idea. It hit her back, and she grabbed it and through it back down. It hit me in the head.

"OOOW!" I said. I decided to try another approach. I climbed up the tree and sat next to her, rubbing my forehead where the rock had hit.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"You hit me." she replied darkly.

"Ya, I know that. I was trying to get your attention."

"Your mistake." she said. I smiled.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." she said defensively I couldn't help but laugh.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" She shrugged.

"Maybe." I sighed. This might be harder than I thought. I knew she didn't really like me, but she really didn't want to talk. I didn't care. I knew that once she talked about it, she would feel somewhat better...or worse. Oh well. I had to try.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 pm
View Likes

Blake

"You're talking to me like a girl."

"But you are a girl, aren't you?"

"Remember what I said earlier?"

"Oh."

I smirked at Emmett's response. Of course, I didn't smirk too much. He'd get suspicious.

"So why're you talking to me?"

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"There's a pretty girl down there who just can't stand the cold, dark, scary forest. Wouldn't you want to comfort her?" I said acidly. His smile faltered, and I scowled.

"You looked like you needed to talk, or kill. I decided on talk."

I snorted. "I have six brothers and grew up in a family of pirates. I'm not that prone to pouring out my feelings. Imagine how that would go- 'Hey Papa, I know you're really looking forward to the next raid, but I think you're paying more attention to Will than me. Why?' Ha. Please." I paused. "Although I would like to hurt something."

Emmett blanched. I snickered. I rolled over on my thick limb and stared at the trees. "Well, g'night, Emmett. Sleep well and protect Maeve." I said before closing my eyes. The last thing I heard before falling asleep was a disappointed sigh.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

I Looked and felt like a complete baby. If only they knew what happened. I thought. After the group became smaller, I looked over and saw Blake sleeping. I grabbed my sleeping bag and put it over her, she looked colder than I was. I didn't care that she might hate me for screaming, and getting attention, but she had no clue why I was afraid, so I wasn't going to hold that against her, or anyone. Though, I heard her say, "sleep well and protect Maeve." and that, I could hold against her.

I was tired, but i wasn't sleepy so I just laid beside Blake in the dirt, and thought about everything, I fell asleep eventually.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 am
View Likes
Fox says...

Emmett

I sighed and climbed down the tree. I was a little glad that she didn't kill me, but she didn't really talk much. I got something out of her, though, and that was good. At least she didn't hate me, like she did that other black haired boy. I couldn't help but chuckle at the memory of her lifting him up by his collar and punching him.

I noticed Meave walking towards Blake. I gave her a smile as we passed, then sat down in the dark. I didn't really feel like sleeping, but I knew I would have to. I didn't know what was planned for tomorrow, but I wanted to be rested just in case.

Meave laid down under the tree Blake was in. I watched her, then Blake. I would try to talk to Blake tomorrow. She might punch me, but I was willing to take that risk. I wanted to get to know her. I had already made some friends, and why not add to that?
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:56 am
View Likes
Ray112 says...

*sorry, I haven't posted in a wile =P*
~Allon

When Allon woke up it was early morning and the sky was still dark. Yawning, he sat up and stretched. The campsite was silent except for the soft snoring sounds coming from Tiaan who'd set up a bed on a near by tree. Last night the girls made Allon, Emmett, and Manatar sleep on the opposite side of the fire so Kassie,Maeve, and Jocasta were all lying next to each other under neath their separate sleeping bags. Nobody stirred. The coast was clear.

Careful to step over Emmet and Manatar he tip toed past Jocasta, Kassie, and Maev's sleeping bodies.

"Looking for Blake?" Said a voice.Allon turned he didn't say anything.

Tiaan laughed. "She's not in the tree anymore."

Allon sighed. "Well, where is she?" She pointed in a direction south of the campsite.

"Thanks!" Allon smiled.

Tiaan smiled back. "You're cute. But if you screw up you probably won't be cute anymore."

"Yeah," Allon nodded "I'll keep that in mind."
"Insert life changing statement"

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 am
View Likes

Blake

I pulled my knees under my chin. I wouldn't let any of them have any chance of seeing me like this- vulnerable. My eyes were a bit teary, but that didn't stop me from looking out at the ocean. It was a lovely view from this ledge, an outcropping of rock.

It was still dark, to my delight. Silver stars reflected, their appearances rippling with the water. The moon, pale white and iridescent, hung above me, only a sliver. It had just occurred to me that I probably would never see my father again. I wouldn't hear Will threaten a man who leered at me, or ride around on Jake's shoulders. No more stories from Dillon, no more songs from Orion. I wiped at my eyes.

Life on the seas, in my case, might not have been the best, at times. But for every pang of loss, there was a gray dolphin nuzzling my hand. For every broken dream, there was a sunrise from the crow's nest. For every unanswered prayer, there was a moment I wouldn't give up for the world. And now, it was all gone.

I heard the crunch of foot on pebbles behind me. I froze and dropped my legs, leaning on my elbows and coughing to make sure my voice wasn't broken. I whipped m head around and saw the black haired boy. I growled deep in my throat. He was not the person I wanted to see right now.

But he spoke anyway.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 am
Ray112 says...

~Allon

He hadn't really planned on his approach but he knew this moment had to come.

"Hi," he said.

"What do you want?" Blake's tone was fierce but her eyes were red. Had she been crying?

"Can I sit down?" Allon asked. Blake just stared at him but when he walked over she scooted so that he'd have a place to sit.

Below, the waves crashed against the rocks and a few early birds fished for crabs out on the sand bars.

"I'm not gonna lie to you," Allon started "I don't know much about hard times, working for a living, or fighting for your life. My life's been easy."

Blake glared at him. "Duh! And your people~"

"I'm not my people and I do not own them!" Allon stood up and faced the ledge. "Aymeeth is a walled city. The people who live there are either rich military families or servants. My family happens to be one of the rich ones. When I was a kid everything was handed to me because my father fought for his country and his kingdom to make it that way. I truly respect all he's done for me and my family but...back there I was trapped. Aymeeth's protective walls were my jail cell. I thought I'd never see the world outside...until I was chosen." Allon turned--his eyes locked on Blakes. "I have no idea who it was who harmed your family and I'm sorry it was one from Aymeeth. But hearing that only affirms things for me. I no longer want to be seen as Allon Fox of Aymeeth. I will be Allon Drangon Knight and Great mage. The people of Aymir are no longer my people. My loyalties belong to all the people suffering in the four kingdoms!" Allon left the ledge.

"Is that all you have to say!" Blake yelled after him. Allon didn't look back.

"You can blame me for being from Aymeeth all you like, but I'm a Dragon Knight now. I have a path that I must follow and no walls--no place of nobility will ever stop me!" Then he turned and smiled. "What're you gonna do?"
"Insert life changing statement"

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 am
View Likes

Blake

"What're you going to do?"

He smirked and started to walk away. Under my breath, I muttered, "I'm not going to let you think you're the victim," and I sprinted up to him. I grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back. He spun around. I locked my eyes into his, black meeting black.

"What am I going to do?" I paused and cast a look back at the sea. My throat tightened. "I am going to make sure that my father is glad my mother ran off and left me with him. I'm going to make all my brothers proud to say I'm their sister. I'm going to try and forget all my grudges, and I'm going to always, always remember that I am a child of the ocean."

I lifted my chin. I agreed fully with all I had said. I didn't want a father who wished I hadn't been born. I didn't want brothers who thought I was weak. I wanted to be known- as Blake, the Warrior. Yeah, I was in mage classes- but at heart, I was a warrior. Always have been, always will be.

I broke off a branch and handed it to Allon.

"And," I said, smiling and grabbing my own stick, "I'm going to teach you to fight, combat wise."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

7 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

I woke up, the wind howling, this time, I had a flashlight,so hopefully I wouldn't scream again. I sat against a tree and leaned my head back, closing my eyes, trying to think. I'm a wimp. was the fist thing that popped into my head. I forced it out. Something wasn't right, why would a dragon choose me? I thought. I tried to name off reasons but i failed miserably. "uhhg" I muttered, giving up. My hands on my temples, trying to stop a massive headache from coming, but again, I failed miserably.Why can't I be as strong as Blake? My mind spoke once more, making the pain more.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I haven't been posting. Hope got me into a book, and I can't put it down until I'm done, so sorry if it's not in groove with everything. And yes, she is now a cutter, if that's OK. Thanks to this darn book, I'm sorta in that mood.

~Kassie~

When I opened my eyes to the new day, the others were already awake. They wouldn't notice if I slipped away for a while, would they? But I couldn't, I couldn't bring myself to do it, to inflict pain on myself once more, but I had to, I needed to. The pain felt so good, and I was addicted. I felt for the dagger that was somewhere in the sleeping bag. Then, my fingers wrapped around the sharp end of it, slicing my finger. That would have to do for now, but I still held it in my hand. I needed this pain more than anything. I had used it only once before, to sooth my worries, to wipe the tears away. To hold back the pain and loss of my true life. Why did I need it now?

The dream had returned. The same nightmare that had made me use that kind of thing to get away from reality. I had done a terrible thing, but it was a secret, something I couldn't tell. I had a secret. A very big secret. Of course it wasn't mine to keep, but it was my brother's, and it scared me that he might hurt me too if I told. So I kept it hidden deep inside.

But the nightmare was always the same:

I'm walking into the garden, expecting to see that my brother has cleaned up the mess I could hear him making. I can't help but wonder what he's doing, but, as I round the corner, I freeze, seeing what he's done. There's a girl with long red hair, bright red, and it resembles the blood that surrounds her, covers my brother's cloths. I gasps, knowing that I should run, but I can't tear my eyes away from the body. I look up into his eyes, away from all the red. His eyes are wild, furious that I am here, no doubt. I feel my mouth hanging open, and I know that I should run, just know I should, but for some reason, my feet are planted where they are, making running out of the question.

I feel tears come to my eyes, but I have no reason why I'm crying. The red is beautiful, if it didn't mean something so bad. He drops the girl's head on the ground right there and coming to I, grabbing my arm and pulling me over to the body like I was a little kid. He points to her.

"She was bad. She had to die," he says softly, looking me in the eyes and grabbing my arms. "And if you tell anyone You'll be just like her." He shakes me a little, then lets me go, pushing me back. "Now, clean this mess up while I get rid of her." I can't do anything but nod, too scared of what he might do to me.

I shook the thought away, the distinct memory of his wild eyes behind my lids. I can't do it. I simply can't. I got up, looking around to see if anyone would notice me as I slid into the forest slowly, creeping. I didn't go very far, but as long as no one was here while I did this, I was fine. It was such a cliche, if you asked me. I was pathetic, and now, the only way I could find a way to dull the memory of what I had helped him do, what I had done, was to inflict pain on myself.

I closed my eyes, feeling the way the metal cut into my skin, not deep, but enough to cause a sharp pain in my wrist, and I winced, flinching and dropping the dagger. Yea, I tried to cut, but I dropped the blade. How pathetic was that. I just sat there, watching as the blood dripped down my arm and off my fingers. It wasn't much blood, but it made my stomach twist in a way unimaginable to anyone who wasn't looking at it. I heard something moving behind me, and I hurried to wipe the blood off my arm with a cloth torn from my pants.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 pm
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

I woke up to see everyone talking among themselves, except Kassie I know I didn't really know her, but she felt like a sister to me.The leaves crunched as I walked among the trees, then I saw Kassie, who was sitting in the distance. I thought I would be alone out there, so I could think,but for some odd reason, I felt like Kassie would understand my pain. I still felt like an idiot, so I wanted to be away from the group. Eventually I reached Kassie, I sat down beside her and tried to smile, but I could only manage one side of my lip to listen.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 am
Fox says...

Emmett

I opened my eyes as Allon walked to where Blake was sitting near the edge of a cliff. I couldn't help but chuckled. She was going to pummel him into the ground if he made one wrong move. She already hated him, but then again, she sort of hated me too. Maybe he had a chance. Blake was tough, but she was still a human being. The only problem with her was that she thought she always had to be tough. I wanted her to know that she didn't, but I'd leave Allon to talk to her for now.

I got up and walked over to the very edge of the cliff, on the opposite side of Blake and Allon, my legs hanging off. The waves crashed into the rocks beneath me. I wanted badly just to dive into them, to fly through the air and feel free, but I'd probably end up braking my neck.

I could hear people talking near the camp behind me. I tried to ignore them, and just listen to the sounds of nature. Tiaan walked up to me. She put her legs over the edge of the cliff like me, and it was silent for a while.

I looked over at her. Her eyes were closed, and the wind was brushing her hair back. I savored the moment. It was usual that Tiaan was quiet, so I wanted to remember this.

A small chuckle escaped from my lips at the thought of Tiaan being silent. She opened her eyes. I knew the silence was over, but I didn't mind. She had gone longer than I had thought without talking, and I knew it would have to end sometime.

"So, Allon's trying to talk to Blake." she said with a smile. I smiled a small, crooked half smile.

"I know." I said.

"She's probably going to kill him." she said. I chuckled again.

"I know." There was silence again.

"UGH! I can't take this. Why don't you talk?" she asked frustratedly. I burst out laughed.

"I'm sorry." I said. Her face was angry, and that only made me laugh harder.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked her. I waited while she thought.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:05 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

(does the first paragraph remind you of any certain day Tabitha?)
~Maeve~

Though I was deep in the woods, I could still look out from the trees and see the cliff. Two groups, one on each side of the cliff, I couldn't clearly see who they where, but, I knew one of the people was Emmett. A girl was sitting beside him, I couldn't see clearly who It was. I felt my heart drop, and I whipped my head back around. Looking at the ground, I could feel hot tears in my eyes. I closed my eyes, to try and stop them from falling, but it was useless, a tear ran down my cheek. "I should have known." I mumbled, with my lip slightly quivering.

I looked at my arm,seeing the scars and remembering all of the beatings from my dad, and all of the stuff I had went through. Why can't I just start over? I asked myself, fighting the urge to look back.

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory