z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.(new thread)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 am
Ray112 says...

Guys check out the DT where i posted the summarized history of the Riders.
"Insert life changing statement"

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:39 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blake

Even breathing. In, out. Don't lose control. Don't you dare, Kiano. I stared straight up, red creeping into my vision.

No.

Tiaan was giving Mantius's name -my name- a bad reputation. Not that I could do better, but... I closed my eyes.

No.

I did not come here to see my country be given a bad name. I came here to prove myself, to train, to fight for what was bigger than myself. And now it was turning into one of the things the town gossips would kill for. Angry tears whipping into my hair, I stormed into the clearing, grabbed a bed roll and a loaf of bread, and marched firmly to my ledge. I tucked my knees under my chin and closed my eyes, laying my head on my knees.

I let one hand drag in the sand, until my fingers wrapped around a smooth stone. I opened my eyes to see a smooth, shining black pebble. Onyx.

I'd always liked onyx. A beautiful stone, really, but mistaken for cruelty, evil, because it was black. And you'd never be able to see its beauty unless it stood alone. I was like onyx, I realized. Maeve, Tiaan, Kassie- they were a diamond, an emerald, a ruby. Bright, beautiful. It was easy to tell they were the ones that shone. Jocasta? She was more like a dark sapphire. You could still tell it was beautiful, but it was slightly cold, sophisticated.

And I was the onyx.

Only beautiful when I stood alone.

I clutched the onyx, letting another tear slip out. I didn't care if the others thought I was jealous too, if Tiaan was going to be the only Mantian rep. Didn't care if I never got to fight for the cause, never got to see Roker with the pretty blonde.

I'd never be pretty. I couldn't have anyone. I was only beautiful when I was alone.

It was the way of nature.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 am
Fox says...

Emmett

I watched everything happen, but I didn't get involved. This was too much drama for my taste. I tried to ignore it all and think, but my mind was clouded. I was only 13! None of us needed this. It was only making us all fight. Nothing good was coming out of this. I didn't want to get involved because I didn't want o give people a reason not to like me. I wanted to start fresh when I came here. I was never good at making friends, but I wanted that to change. It was going to be really hard now, though.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Poor Allon. He was in the middle of it all. All the girls liked him, not that I minded that. He was a great guy, but we were all too young. Then again, once your a teenager, stuff like this always finds a way to get to you.

Trying to get all that out of my head, I started thinking about my dragon, Shackle. He was truly magnificent. I wanted to ride him like Allon had done. Normally, I'd be scared, but something about him just made me feel...in place. I wondered when that chance would come that I could finally ride him, and feel what it was like.

I got up and started walking around. Thinking too much made my head hurt. I wasn't going to any particular place, I just hoped something to do would come up. Then I noticed Meave sitting by herself near the fire, and I remembered everything that had happened before, and how I needed to fix it. I walked over to her and sat beside her. She didn't walk away, and I was glad about that, but she didn't say anything.

"You know, I don't like Tiaan. I mean, I do, but only as a friend." I said, hoping I was right about what I though she was mad at me about. She continued to stare into the fire. "Look, we were just talking. Besides, you saw what just happened, right. Tiaan's into Allon apparently." Still, she said nothing. I sighed. "I do like someone else, though." Her eyes flickered up to me.

"Who?" she asked quietly. I chuckled, hearing the hate in her voice.

"Well, she's really pretty, blade hair, not too tall, but really sweet." I really hoped this was going to work. I really did like her, and I wanted to her know that, even if she didn't like me back. "And she's sitting right next to me." I looked at her, my eyes hopeful. Would she like me back? I really hoped so, even after all that had happened. I didn't want to get caught up in all the drama, but I had to let her know that I liked her.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm
Pundit says...

*Just something to get things back on track*
Manatar-
Everyone left while I was in the bushes, but Bofur soon managed to get everyone together back at the fire.

"WE'RE GOIN' BACK TEH' THE ACADEMY NOW."
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

Lifting my head, the moonlight made my eyes sparkle when they met Emmett's.I mentally slapped myself, reminding me to stay alert. "R-" I stopped myself, looking behind him to make sure no-one was on the other side. "Really?" I said shakily, my eyes still wet with tears.

"WE'RE GOIN' BACK TEH' THE ACADEMY NOW." Bofus interrupted the moment.

Emmett shot a quick, silent nod, as everyone crowded into a large group, mixing us in. Somehow, I ended up next to Kassie, we smiled at each other, and at that moment, I knew everything was going to be just fine.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 pm
LastPaladin says...

Tiaan

Listening to Bofus she took the head, and walked on, ignoring the confused look from Allon and the furious glare from Jocasta. It meant nothing, although messing with Jo was fun, a little too fun. But Allon was just about getting her own way. Admiring the flora on the path, she closed her eyes letting the sounds of the nature guide her. They protected her without obligation and she loved them for that. The almost hynoptic hold the whole of Gaia had on her.

Swinging round she saw she was ahead of everyone and slowed down. It wasn't long until she heard the angry voice of Jocasta, "How the hell does she do that?"

Blake replied, "Something about her, can't work it out."

Nature was honest with her, the people weren't, nature knew her secrets, no one else did.

She heard a low rumble and a voice --- or was it a voice speak, "Come Rider, come!"

Swinging round she saw no one, had she imagined it. Seeing the others she walked up a staircase seeing a beautiful door.

Bofus yelled, "OKAY, WE'RE HERE!"
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 pm
Fox says...

Emmett

I was glad that Meave finally knew the truth. Now I could stay away from all the drama. Hopefully, once we reached the Academy, there wouldn't be enough time for drama. I knew that wasn't going to happen, though. Somehow, drama always seemed to squeeze it's way into my life.

"OKAY, WE'RE HERE!" Bofus said. Two huge doors opened up to reveal the chambers inside. We all stepped in, completely baffled. It was huge!

((Sorry it's so short.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blake

I glared pointedly at my toes, the onyx, by now, practically embedded in my palm with how hard I was clutching it. Soon as I could, I would get it on a string, braid it into my hair, tie it onto my bandana, something. With my free hand, I scratched the side of my head, where the hair was most close cut.

"Okay, we're here!" Bofus yelled, and my eyebrows lifted with the force of his voice. Thirteen years on a sailor's ship and this one man could still make my ears ring. I tried not to growl as I saw how... well, how roofed the place was. I didn't like roofs. They trapped me. Yes, yes, I admit it- I was claustrophobic. Like almost any other sailor.

The pit in my stomach felt denser, and I wanted to run the opposite direction and free fall into the ocean, and then wait for Papa to sail in this area and gather me up. Well, he wouldn't be doing the gathering. Roker would probably throw a rope over, shout that I hadn't got much prettier, so the sad look still didn't work, and then run away.

The jerk.

But that was only what I wanted to happen. Right now, the reality was that I was now behind closed doors and under a vaulted roof, with no one but maybe the pretty bronze dragon to help. I never had gotten to hear its name. A bitter taste rose in my mouth at that, and Jocasta touched my arm.

"You feel alright? You look a little pale."

I raised an eyebrow, and she rolled her eyes. "Paler."

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

Dear god, I hoped I was fine.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:37 pm
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

Sorry I haven't logged on in a while. My schedule was over full((: i'll try to stay updated but please keep me in.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 am
Fox says...

I'm not allowed on technology Monday through Friday, so I don;t think I can keep up. Sorry.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus