z

Young Writers Society

Meteor City

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 am
Mizzle says...

Jade Henley, Government Agent:

I tapped my French-manicured fingertips upon the long, ebony meeting table that was just starting to fill with the rest of the government agents. Pushing a strand of my dark-brown hair, that seemed strikingly similar to the ebony wood of the table, I observed the faces of the other agents with a glint in my deep brown eyes.

Smirking out of boredom, I wondered if Boss Man would get mad if I decided to play around with my gift. Controlling people's minds and actions was the gift I'd been given when I'd asked to be infected by the disease. I used my gift well, most of the time. But...girls had to have fun, so I'd played around with my gift to make a store clerk give me a diamond necklace I wanted. It didn't count as stealing, and even if it did, I wouldn't mind. My uncle could get me out a lawsuit, that is, if he wasn't still disowning me after what I'd done.

I rolled my eyes. Being disowned by my uncle didn't quite bother me, after what he'd done to my other siblings. I grimaced, remembering the last time I'd seen a face of any loved one.

Recovering from the dark turn of my thoughts, I smirked, and threw myself into the conversation.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:14 pm
Fox says...

Dustin

"I can see people's pasts." I said, hoping she wouldn't put it together that I had been looking at hers. "What's yours?"

She was silent for a second, but then I heard a small voice in my head.

I can read minds, and put thoughts into people's heads. I gasped quietly when I realized she hadn't spoken. A smile spread across my face.

"That's cool." I said, a little laugh in my voice. She smiled shyly.

"Thanks." she said.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:15 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Alex| Agent

I wasn't sure why we were having a meeting I just knew it was very important because the room was packed with agents I've never seen in my life. Most of the time these meetings only had a few people in them. I sat down and my seat and waited for the meeting to being.

Mr. Kanto the president of the Meteor program walked up to the podium. "I have called you all here today for the purpose to discuss a growing threat that may become a problem."

The room went silent and he continued.

"Currently we have stopped the spread of the virus and have kept it withing the bounds of the city but a recent attack on one of are bases reveals to us that this may all change. A meteor fragment has been stolen." The room went silent. We all knew what this meant. Somewhere out there someone had a weapon that could unleash the virus outside of The City.

Ned|City

Token stood up he was the appointed mayor of the city. I was glad that he was stopping the mindless chatter that surrounded me.

"Are latest attack on Meteor was successful," he said and pulled out a brief case. He unclipped it and opened it to reveal a black and silver rock that had a slight bluish glow of it. I knew that the recent attack had been to retrieve the stone but I didn't know they had succeeded.

Token slammed the case closed. "This isn't enough, we must get another. Who here volunteers to go and retrieve another?"

The room went silent.

My powers weren't really best for missions but I stood up. It would get me out of this retched City. "I will go," I said.

Token nodded. "Since our last attack they will protect the other fragments with more force. So this will not be a easy mission."

I nodded aware of what I was getting into.

At the moment others began to volunteer.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Melia~

I stood up, knowing that I could help."i'll help" I heard someone giggle, my gave went narrow, staring at the girl who had, then suddenly,she slapped herself. I smirked, and returned my gaze to Token.

"You're in." he said, not wanting to hurt himself.

I sat back down, as did Ned, our eyes met. Really? A mission with a girl?! I heard him think, debating on weather or not I should reply.ahem. Excuse me? I thought back at him, his face looked embarrassed as he looks back. I popped back into Dustins head,not trying to hear his thoughts Yea, I don't really like talking, I mess it up.. Now I was in both of their minds.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:56 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Bree

I stood, lifting my chin. I ignored the snickers. Blue hair tended to do that. "Sir, if it's in the city, they'll need me." I held up a hand as they started to protest. "Sir, I won't see it to eighteen, most likely. I want to do something useful before I die. And you can't stop me."

With that, I turned on my heel and stormed out, electricity crackling between my fingers. I didn't care if they said no, if they arrested me for defying the mayor. I wanted out. I clenched my fists and sprinted down the street, whipping to my alley. I curled up between a dumpster and trash can and leaned my head back.

I hated this god blasted life. I wanted the disease to take over already. If it weren't for my pride, I'd be dead already. Maybe that would be better. Blue haired, blue eyes, small and sick me deserved the peace of death, that much was true. Maybe I should just go back to New York, finish up those heists I'd been planning. I snorted. Couldn't do that now, could I?

But I could fight back.

With that defiant thought, I stood up, set my jaw, and started running around the city, trying to blow off steam before I did something purely idiotic.

Because I had a habit of doing that.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 pm
Fox says...

Dustin
Yea, I don't really like talking, I mess it up. I heard in my head. I looked at Melia and smiled, then closed my eyes and started thinking. I hoped she was reading my mind, otherwise I would seem really stupid.

I'll go to. I thought. She smiled, and I knew she had heard me. I stood up.

"I'll go as well." I said. Token nodded.

"Good." he said. It was silent for a while. "Anyone else?" Another girl stood up. Her name was Siha.

"I will go," she said.

((Sorry it's so short.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:07 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Melia~

I saw Dustin stand up, and a flood of relief flooded my nerves. He sat back down, and I smiled at him. I picked up my notebook, barely listening in, and drew, to pass the time. I hated being in places like this, they didn't feel right. I hadn't eaten all day, so I was extremely hungry.

I sent a thought to a guard by the door. They look hungry, you should get them some food. He looked at Token, "Sir, they look hungry, we should get them some snacks."

Mr. Token pressed a button and spoke "Snacks for room five."

after a few minuets, a woman walked in, with a box, and sat it on the table. Mr. Token dumped it out. "Dig in." he said.

He was surprisingly nice, unlike most business people. I was the first one to grab a bag of chips, and another woman held out drink options on a large tray.I picked up a bottle of water, and ate my chips, trying to be mannerly. I finnished the chips and reached for another snack, a few faces stared confused at me. I guess they aren't used to seeing a slender girl with an appetite. I thought.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Bree

My stomach rumbled unexpectedly. I paused and peeped into the window closest to me. There was all the people I had seen, stuffing their faces. Most didn't even look grateful. Then again, most of them probably had been well provided for. I hadn't.

I turned my back and willed the hunger away. I wasn't going back there after my little performance- they'd all stare. "Hey look, it's the girl with the blue hair who tried to be a hero," they'd think. "Where did she get that jacket?" And I'd say from the woman who sneered at me.

I turned on my heel and sprinted off, grabbing a loaf of bread from a stand. I ignored the "HEY!" that rang after me and kept running until I was back in my alley. I tore into it, scowling at the fact that they were eating muffins and carved fruit while I was eating a stolen loaf of brown bread.

I finished it off and tossed aside the crust, getting up and into a sprint again. I liked running. Cleared my mind, blew off steam.

There was a lot of sprinting to be done.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:01 am
Fox says...

Dustin

I was glad to get some food. I was starving, but I didn't want to seem like a pig, so I ate slowly.

My eyes wandered out the window, where I noticed a girl looking up at us. I thought I recognized her, but I just couldn't figure out who it was. Then I remembered the girl who had walked out of the room a while ago. She looked angry. I watched as she closed the window she was looking out from.

A moment later, she came running out the door of the small store she was in, a loaf of bread in her hand. A man came out of the door, shaking his fist at her. He looked angry. I couldn't blame him. She's just stolen his bread. Why?

I thought about it, and a sudden rush of guilt came over me. I wasn't hungry anymore for some reason. I guess realizing that some people had to steal to get food while I was up here getting all the food I wanted made me feel...bad. I put down the bag of chips I had just had in my hands and sat down.

What's the matter? Melia asked me in my mind.

Nothing I replied mentally with a sigh. She didn't buy it. I didn't expect her to. Everyone knew that when someone said that nothing was the matter, something was the matter. Just don't worry about it. I'm fine. I thought to her. She turned away, but I could tell she was trying to figure out what was wrong. I tried not to think about it. It wasn't her problem. I didn't know why, but I just felt bad easily, even if I hadn't done anything wrong.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary