z

Young Writers Society

Meteor City

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:49 am
Fox says...

I think this is a great idea, we just have to get it started.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 am
untameabletiger says...

i think we should still try to make it good!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm
ScarlettFire says...

You didn't even give it a chance... Come on, let's start it anyway and see how far we can go? And you're not bad at SBs. And honestly? I love your flip-flopping on the word count! It keeps me on my toes... So, how about it? Start it anyway?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:29 pm
Fox says...

There are lots of SBs that die for a while, but they get going again. Once we start it, it'll be really fun and exciting. C'mon!

PLEASE?!?!?!?!
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:03 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Okay. I will post my profile in a few hours. You can start while I'm doing that.

Frame of reference.

If you are a citizen a secret meeting is about to be held about he resistance.

If you are a agent a similar meeting will be helled discussing crushing the resistance.

Final word count at least 200. If you want to challange yourself aim for 500.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:21 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Melia~

The wind was slightly pushing my hair away from my sholders, as i was walking to the largest building in the city for the meeting. This city is so strange! I thought, now looking around,still proceeding to the building.I could see the clear double doors in the distance,but I still had a large distance to walk.]

Sighing, thoughts of what had happened durring the last week, were bringing bad memories back that i didn't want to think about. I quietly sung, to distract myself from the pain. Did all my friends die? Are some here? Did my "mom" eventually die, r is she still alive? I thought. "Obviously, theres no way of avoiding these thoughts." I mumbled.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Bree

I glared at the table we were gathered around. I didn't recognize anyone, but that was to be expected. I was a lone ranger before the meteor even struck. It wasn't like I had a family, or friends. I laughed softly, rather bitterly, and tapped my foot.

I felt short. I mean, I knew I was, but now, surrounded by people way older than me, I felt really short. Like, cat versus mastiff short. No joke. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, waiting for the meeting to start. I didn't know exactly why I was invited, other than I could do things they apparently needed. Which was weird; since when did the government of a small city want a pickpocket and thief on their side?

I didn't know, but it was an opportunity. And Bree Rosco doesn't pass up opportunities. So I had left my comfy little set up in a back alley and come to the meeting. I would have loved to be back in my hammock right now, but I thought this might be bigger.

Something big was happening, I could smell it.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

121 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Due to our lack of guys I will make two. If you wish you can make another character.

Name: Alex Weiser

Gender Male

Age 21

Affiliation- Agent

Appearance- Floppy brown hair dark brown eyes a very angular jaw. He’s very lean from his daily training and running.
Spoiler! :

Life expectancy-22

Power- He can lower the temperature of anything he touches allowing him to freeze things. He is Immune to the cold.

Personality – He’s a carefree individual that likes to look at the bright side of any situation. He doesn’t like negative people and tries to bring out the positive out of them. He likes to tease and flirt with girls although he would rather not get into a serious relationship considering his situation. He doesn’t like his power considering more often than not he has to kill someone when using it. He tries to avoid using it because he doesn’t like the idea of killing. He believes strongly in helping people and he thinks that it is in the City people best interest to stay put and obey the laws of the government. He will try to convince the resistance to stop before a war breaks out.

History- Alex’s family lived in New York while he was in boarding school. When the meteor hit he figured his family was dead. Weeks later when news of the disease spread he went to find his parents. While searching for them he was infected. His family however had died from the impact and he returned to work for the government.

Name- Ned Myers

Gender- Male

Age -18

Affiliation City

Appearance Light brown hair usually jelled into spikes. He has blue eyes and is 6’1 and very skinny. He’s often been compared to a broom with legs and arms.
Spoiler! :

Life expectancy - 24

Power- He can tell when someone is lying.

Personality- He’s a very sombre and sarcastic individual that finds something to complain about or criticize. Because of his power he hates liars and will avoid them all costs. He holds grudges and if lied to even once he’ll cut the person off. When he does become friends with people he tends to threaten them in elaborate ways. If he does this then it shows that he cares. He would like to fall in love once before he dies but despite his want for companionship he’s extremely picky. When he wants to be he can be very sweet but this is very seldom and far between.

History : He was visiting his grandparents when the meteor hit. He decided to become a citizen deciding that he didn’t want to become a government puppet. His two grandparents developed the disease and he lives with them. Both of them have only a few months to live.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

7 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 pm
untameabletiger says...

PB, one of the pictures isn't working.

~Melia~

The glass double doors, were cold on the palms of my hands as i pushed them open. I had been told, that the room where the conference was to be held was down the hall to the left, but with my sense of direction, I ended up in the opposite side of the building. This part was only for the officials, but somehow I trotted in without a hassle. Coming back out was the hard part.

"Missy, when and how did you enter this half of the building?" A tall dark complected man said in a serious tone.

"Um, just a while ago actually, you see I'm here for a meeting, and I'm not to good at directions." I replied, my voice gentle.

He glared, his dark, cold eyes were locked on mine. "Mistake number one." He motioned for a group of people to throw me out, apparently he wasn't believing the truth. "Mistake number two." The group of men forcefully grabbed me and dragged me towards the door. "Mistake number three."

The mans eyes were still hardly focused on me, and the groups eyes were as well. I tilted my head and smiled wickedly, "It's go time." They laughed and continued towards the door. They weren't my enemy, he was, and i was sure of it.

Starting with the tallest, most muscular one,and then down the scale, I inserted a variety of thoughts like: Do you really want to hurt this little girl, she did nothing to you. and Why do you follow everything this man says, you can take him down. Their grasps loosend,and I slipped out. Everyone of the group, then turned to glare back at the man.

I swirved the corners and went through some doors, Eventually i found my way to the big, White room, with a black large oval-shaped table with matching leather chairs. Each spot was marked with a silver plate, and a name was engraved.
I walked around the quiet room, obserbing evverything, as a shine caught my eye,another silver plate, but this one had mmy name on it. Mission accomplished. I thought as I sat down.

121 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:04 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Ned| City

I hated going to the town meetings. They were loud and things were never accomplished. People just yelled and bickered about how they would or not rebel against the government. It was all mindless debate that Ned wanted no part in but as an infected citizen he had to go. I dressed quickly looked at myself in the mirror and headed out.

Grandma and Grandpa were asleep so I tried to leave as quietly as possible. They got free passes to stay home since they were so close to croaking. Sometimes I wished I was close but my lame power would have me living for quite a long time, in infected standards of course.

I walked down the street and ignored the hobos that asked for money. There wasn’t much use it would do for them since they would be dead soon like everyone in this godforsaken city.

I reached the meeting hall and sighed once more before entering. The room was completely white which hurt my eyes. A few people gave me dazed looks. Most people didn’t like me for my sparkling personality and the fact that I could tell if they were lying. People did not like when they couldn’t be fake with you. I didn’t much care. I found my seat and waited for the meeting to begin as people began to file in.

Death~

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:04 pm
Skorpionne says...

Name- Siha (no last name)
Gender- female
Age- 15
Affiliation- City inhabitant
Appearance-

Spoiler! :

Life expectancy- 18
Power- Can make others desire something, or someone.
Personality- A very modest, shy girl, Siha tends to keep to herself, being slightly autistic, she hates large crowds of people. She has a habit of making bad decisions, and doesn't seem to have a complete knowledge of what's good for her. She likes weaving, animals, and has a rather odd obsession with Smilies. She has a hate of people who seek to control, a phobia of fire, and hates the meteor with a passion, as it took away all her potential. She's very good at weaving, and sculpture.
History- Siha has been an orphan for as long as she remembers, and didn't know her parents, but she has recurring nightmares of the fire her parents died in. She was adopted, and grew up with her "new parents." The meteor killed them while she'd snuck out after being grounded. Siha often wishes she hadn't snuck out, and had died with them.

I will post in a little bit.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:39 am
Fox says...

Dustin

I walked into the meeting room and found my chair. I wasn't a fan of things like this, but I figured I was brought here for a good reason and I wanted to help the best I can. I took my seat and waited.

As I waited, I figured I might as well get to know people. I looked at a boy sitting across from me, and his history replayed in my head. It was like a short clip from a movie. That was my way of getting to know people. By seeing their past, I could understand them better. Plus, I didn't have to talk and go through those awkward silences of meeting someone new.

I went around the room, just watching people's pasts. I didn't like telling people my powers, because they sometimes felt it was an invasion of their privacy, but I really had good intentions. I came across one past, though, that amazed me. This girl had been through a lot, and I felt bad. I wanted to help. Her past played over and over again in my head. Suddenly, I was jolted back to reality when somebody started to speak.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:31 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

~Melia~

The room was filling up quickly,with people I wasn't familiar with,and didn't have the courage to talk to. I didn't like to be nosy, but at the moment, I had no choice. I saw a name plate across from me that read Dustin, I looked up at his face, reading his thoughts, but, there were two different voices, one was male, probably Dustin and one was female. The female voice, didn't project thoughts, but it sounded as if she was telling a story of her life. This had never happened before. Normally I could hear one person/animals thoughts at a time.

A voice momentarily interrupted my train of thought, i ignored it. But, when i tried to reach the point I was at last time, I only heard his thoughts. That explains it! I thought, as i found that he could see peoples pasts,not noticing that our minds were still connected, and that he could hear only my direct thoughts.

I pulled myself out of his thoughts, and to look at the woman who i had been ignoring.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am
Fox says...

Dustin

The girl's past stopped playing in my head when I heard a voice.

"When are we going to start this stupid thing and get it over with?" An angry voice asked. I couldn't help but laugh, and the man glared at me. I looked beside around and noticed the girl who's past I had read not to long ago. I noticed her name plate. Her name was Malia. She was...really pretty.

I just sat there. I had gotten to know quiet a few people, and that had made my head hurt. I decided to stop looking at people's pasts for right now. I didn't realize that I had been staring at Malia, but she looked at me like I was crazy. I looked away, a little embarrassed, but I felt her smile. It was now or never...

"Hello," I said shyly, turning to Malia. "I'm Dustin."

"I know." she said, even quieter than I had spoken. "I can see your name plate." She smiled slightly, but she looked nervous. "I-I'm Melia, but I guess you knew that." I nodded, then turned away. Talking to people was way to hard. I just decided to stick to looking at their pasts.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am
untameabletiger says...

~Malia~

Dustin was nervous, I could tell by the way he acted. I was nervous to, but i wanted to know more. I debated all the options in my mind, they weren't all possible, but at least I had other options.
"So... whats your power?" I said, saying the first thing that popped into my head. He looked at me, but i couldn't tell what it meant. "I'm sorry that was a stupid question. Forget I asked." I said, as I noticed I had been staring at him for a while now. Maybe that why he looked at me so strange. Gah! i'm so idiotic! I thought as I leaned back in the chair. This Is so difficult! Why can't I just talk to people, without sounding stupid that is, I thought.

With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.
— Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olympus