z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Ray posted us landing, so we should just be walking or something.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:34 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Yea, that works. Like it's a long trek up the side of the mountain
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 pm
untameabletiger says...

Fox wrote:Yup...so should we just wait for her to explain before we continue, or should we just keep going and act like we never landed or something like that???

if i remember right, (which i probably don't) when we get our dragons, it takes 3 days for them to get used to us, if there used to us on the third day we get to fly them. Oh, and i edited out the part about me touching my dragon(:
Edit: i'm sorry bout the confusion. I shouldn't be on the computer when i'm not thinking right. =P i took away my post.
Last edited by untameabletiger on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

I'm not that smart, so I'm still a little confuzzled. I definitely can't do the first post after this conversation, but someone needs to. Whoever knows what to do, feel free to start it up again.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Yea, that's mostly it...the kneeling ceremony too. Whichever dragon is yours kneels in front of you or something, and on the third day, if it doesn't let you touch it, you aren't a rider..

We edited out the part where it noms on your hand and they push you off the cliff and if the dragon doesn't catch you, or a blind on runs into the cliff and misses you, you're not a rider either! ^_^
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Jocasta Redwolf:

I stared at the dragons that flew over us and then landed. The others watched the dragons while I just glared at Aymir boy. It just had to be him.... I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to burn a hole in his back with my eyes.

Suddenly a shadow fell over me and I looked away from the black-haired boy to see a dragon in front of me. She was bronze, and rather big. I swallowed and then to my shock, she bowed to me.

I blinked, watching her as she rose and backed away. Then she turned and launched herself into the air. I dropped my arms and reached out for her, limping forwards a step before realising what I'd done. She was gone by the time my actions fully registered.

Blinking slowly, like I had just woken up, I looked around and noticed the Aymir boy watching me, as well as a few of the others. I looked away and stared at the ground, feeling embarrassed. He'd seen me limp. They'd seen me limp. That wasn't good. I didn't like it, not at all. I turned my back on the others and watched the dragons fly.

Eventually, I glanced back over my shoulder and sighed. Great, he was curious now. I bet all of them were. Resigned, I looked down at my leg and glared at it. Why couldn't I just be normal? Why couldn't I not have a limp?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Okay, this has been deleted, as instructed. *salute*
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I wasn't so hyper anymore, but I was deep in thought. I barely noticed as dragons flew down to some of the kids, knelt the flew away. It didn't bother me. I didn't think I was a rider. I had that feeling that none of the dragons would choose me. I stood off to the side, watching as, one by one, each kid was surprised by the dragon landing in front of them. Not one had landed near me.

I was ready to just give up when I felt wind behind me while I was looking over the side of the platform. I froze where I was turning to face it. It was huge and as dark as the night sky. Beautiful, I did give it that, with wings as huge as it's body. I felt my mouth open, and it bowed to me, before flying off over my head, leaving me to stair at it in wonder.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 am
Ray112 says...

okay guys sorry for the confusion. here's what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna make a discussion thread with the details about the kneeling ceremony and such. After you've read that then so we're all on the same boat *no pun intended* I think we should start at the part where the ship just landed and the instructor appears. Again sorry for the confusion...I blame Japan and its retarded time zone.
Discussion thread:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic66692.html
"Insert life changing statement"

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:56 am
untameabletiger says...

(thanks i wasn't sure of the conclusion cause i was outta my mind =P)
Edit: GAH!

~Maeve~

I blinked as i watched in amazement. Even if I wasn't a rider, this was something, that not many people get to see, it was an honor. One by one, swooping down from the blue sky, they bowed, then returned to the group flying above. The wind whipping my hair over my eyes, but still i watched, not wanting to blink, in case it would stop in the short time.

A sudden, strong gust of wind, on my back made me stumble as a twirled around. There right before my eyes was the most beautiful creature, a teal dragon, it bowed at met my eyes. It lasted no longer then twenty seconds, but it brought a feeling to me that i had be searching for my whole life. I felt special, and loved, by just that small, quick moment.

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:04 am
Ray112 says...

so quick question are we already on the mountain or on our way to the mountain. Somebody mentioned a mountain. I think it's a pretty cool idea. But where are we right now?

Edited everyone I think we should just delete all of our posts up to the landing. Once you've read the discussion thread then you'll understand. Don't post until you've read the thread.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 am
View Likes
Fox says...

I'm still a little confuzzled, so tell me if there's anything wrong with this post.

Emmett

I watched as the dragons flew over our heads. I turned to watched them, then suddenly, one was in front of me. I stared at him, and he stared back at me. Our eyes were locked. I couldn't look away. I didn't want to.

The dragon knelt, then pounced off the ground and back into the air. I watched it with wonder and amazement. I had just been confronted by a dragon! I hadn't even known they existed anymore.

One by one, dragons landed in front of people, knelt, and then left. We were all awestruck. Most were still staring at the sky, watching the dragons as they flew away.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

Fox- read the thread, she has posted the link for, i think we are going to start from where the boat landed.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:41 am
Fox says...

I read it. Like I said, I still don't quiet understand. I apologize.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:47 am
Ray112 says...

don't worry we're gonna start at a better spot in the new thread. Sorry, for the confusion. just kinda follow my lead here and you'll get it.

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus