z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:56 am
ForsakenAngel says...

**Sigh** I'm really out here, huh. OK, so she doesn't play an instrument, OK!? Or her family is very wealthy...either one. Whichever is best for you.

I also need to post my second character's profile. Would he be on the ship with them, or no? Where would he be?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blake

I was the first down the ramp. I dipped to one knee and ran a hand through the water, then the sand. I closed my eyes and focused on each sensation- silky water, warm sand. Mixed, a thick, luxurious blend. It had been too long since I had felt that.

I was still seething at the black haired boy, and I still wanted to beat him unconscious, but I would control myself. I would be a good girl. Albeit one with a pierced cartilage and one who was raised as a pirate, but a good girl all the same. I jsut wanted to get this started, so I could forget him.

Then I remembered why I volunteered; I wanted to fight for something bigger. Not just turf wars and battles for wealth, something bigger than me, Tiaan, the black haired boy, all of us. Something great. A reason.

Something outside the tough, short tempered, scared and lonely thirteen year old girl that I was.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 am
Ray112 says...

actually forkinshadow your character's fine. If kassie's from Ayimeth it's likely that she's from one of the noble families like Allon. Therefore, yes instruments like the violin exist also, this isn't really what i'd call a "middle earth" fantasy. Guns exist but they use gun powder and the bullets of this age are pellets (small balls the size of marbles) so dragon scales and armor can still stop penetration. Guns are more popular in the Mantius region. Anyway don't stress over it. And your second character would be at the academy.
"Insert life changing statement"

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:42 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Thank you, I'll post his profile soon, I promise!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 am
Fox says...

Emmett

I was glad to get to know everybody. I knew the names of the two girls that were previously talking to Allon, but I didn't really know them. Still, it was a good start.

The ship lurched, and we all stumbled to the side. Kassie fell down, but I helped her up.

"Land ahoy!!!" a voice called. I smiled. We were finally there. I got off the boat quickly, glad to be on land again. If I had to spend another hour on that boat, I would've puked. I caught up with Meave, leaving Kassie and Allon to talk and get to know each other, though, knowing Kassie, there probably wasn't going to be much talking.

"So, are you ready?" I asked Meave. She nodded, smiled. "Same here. This is going to be fun."
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:59 am
Pundit says...

Disclaimer*-The characters in this film are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Name: Hyran Xerxes / Mephistopheles(gold)

Appearance:Image

Kingdom: Wolestand

Personality: He is a fanatic, but very quiet. He is very dangerous, and will hide any discomfort, especially if he is going to get revenge. (Silent and Deadly)

Class set: Magi

Skills: Spiritus, Casting, assassination

Weaknesses: Alchemy

Up for love?:No

Other:Initiate of a very secretive and much unknown cult called Theta. Theta is organized around the prophecies of their Prophet, Kyllorac.
Last edited by Pundit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:01 am
Fox says...

I'm a little confuzzled. I thought there were only two people from each kingdom-a boy and a girl.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 am
Pundit says...

He's 15, not 13.

Alullula is also female, and now silver.
Last edited by Pundit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:17 am
untameabletiger says...

~Maeve~

I had barely moved, so the subtle stop of it, pushed me up against the wall. I quickly stood up as I tried to regain feeling in my feet, who had fallen asleep after about an hour of sitting. Running my fingers through my tangled, wind-blown hair, i walked down the ramp onto solid ground. It felt good to be back on land.

I hate being shy! The sudden thought made me remember the only time I talked on the boat, with Emmett. Looking up, I tried to force myself to introduce myself to one of the many others around me. This isn't going to be easy, but if I have to stay with them, I might as well talk to them. I thought as I slowly walked toward a small group.

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:17 am
Ray112 says...

Pundit wrote:
Other: Initiate of a cult called Theta. Theta was formed around the prophecies of their Prophet, Kyllorac.(these prophecies mention six dragons; Black, Silver, Bronze, Gold, Blue, and Red)

Edited

actually i'm okay with this. It might be interesting.
Last edited by Ray112 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:42 am
ForsakenAngel says...

As promised!

Name: Damion/Aria (White) **Aria is female by the way**

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Aronim

Personality: He's dark and mysterious, and he loves to show off. He loves to flirt with girls, and he loves to play hard to get with the ones who show interest in him. He mostly goes for the ones who don't show interest in him. He is crazy and out there, and he is insane, reckless.

Class set: magi

Skills: He is good at getting what he wants, and he's good at fighting.

Weaknesses: He's not so smooth at keeping out of trouble, and he finds himself being scolded very often.

Up for love?: Definitely!

Other: This was a gift his ten year old sister gave him before he left, he wears it with pride:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 am
Ray112 says...

~Allon

Allon hurried down the ramp followed by Kassie. Emmett had ran off to go talk to some other girl so now it was only him and jer left.

"Are you excited?" she asked with her quiet voice.

"Umm...yeah," he replied "You?"

"Yeah," she nodded. Then they both got quiet. It was awkward she seemed to be thinking extra hard about what to say. Two long minutes went by before either of them said anything.

"Well..." Allon started "I'm gonna go over there." Kassie nodded. She didn't say anything but he could see a somber expression shadowing her face. Allon stopped three steps away. Almost got away.

"Kassie,"

"Yes?!" she perked up. Allon suddenly noticed how pretty she was.

"Do you wanna go" he pointed "over there with me?"

"Sure!" she smiled. Allon smiled back and the two of them walked over to the group of cadets that had gathered around a tall man shouting orders for them all to fall in. He noticed Emmet and the blonde haired girl along with the two Mantius girls and the red haired Aronim girl he'd met before. She noticed him staring and immediately looked away. Along with those he noticed one other boy that he hadn't noticed before. He was quiet and hadn't talked to anyone yet so Allon knew nothing about him except that he was probably from Aronim.

As soon as everyone had gathered around him the tall man whistled. Allon noticed that his eyes were different colors one was grey and one was blue.

"CADETS! MY NAME IS BOFUS BRADLY. I WILL BE YOUR WEAPONS INSTRUCTOR...FOLLOW ME." The instructor turned and started down a path that led deeper into the jungle leaving the students blinking and staring around in a confused manner. Bofus called back, "WELL COME ALONG NOW!" Allon noticed something strange about when Bofus talked. It was so deep and loud it sounded as if he was shouting even though he was speaking normal.

Emmet was the first to follow the instructor then the blonde haired girl and soon the rest of the cadets.

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

We followed the guy, the whole group wondering where we were going, and hoping it was inside the academy. I followed close behind Allon, happy I made one friend. Now, to tackle the rest of them. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be liked by everyone, but hoping I wasn't hated by them either. I hadn't done anything to get hated. He seemed to realize that I was going to be lonely a second ago, which was probably why he invited me over, but I didn't care, loneliness was craziness, and I was crazy. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that. I was nearly bouncing with joy, my brown hair going everywhere. I loved being happy. Sadness wasn't my thing.

Allon seemed cute, and I giggled at the thought, bouncing over to one girl, Maeve if I was correct.

"I'm Kassie," I said, trying to be as friendly as possible. She smiled at me, looking around for a moment.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 am
untameabletiger says...

sorry it's not alot, i'm kinda loopy, as some people put it.
~Maeve~

My mind was panicking, as i Thought of what to say. "I-I'm Maeve" I said quietly, as we followed the instructor up the side up a mountain. Are they insane?! i thought. Theres no way we can make it up there! again my mind was panicking, but this time there was a subtle reassurance that it wasn't impossible.I glanced around, seeing everyone and everything they were around. The air slowly got colder as we went up the side of the mountain. I could see a plat form in a small distance

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 am
ScarlettFire says...

Jocasta:

The ship stopped moving and I followed the others onto the sand. Why had he talked about the clans? Why had he brought that up? I sighed and pulled all my hair together, braiding it as I followed the stranger into the trees.

The Aymir boy was just infront of me, the Aymir girl in tow. I growled under my breath and chose to ignore him. I went back to braiding my long, red hair and fell silent.

We were heading up a mountain now. I wonder where we're going, I thought, looking past the Aymir boy and watching the man. The Aymir girl broke off after a few minutes and started talking to the Wolestland girl.

I sighed again, finished off braiding my hair and flung the braid over my shoulder. I had a feeling that it was going to be a long night.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain