z

Young Writers Society

Epic World: Runes of Brendor.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 am
Ray112 says...

For more than a century the Dragon Riders have protected the peace of the 4 middle kingdoms, but now a sinister force plots against them in secret. The safety of the Dragon Rider order and the 4 middle kingdoms rests in the hands of the young Riders and their Dragons.map-http://www.fantasymapmaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/epicworld.jpg

YOU are thirteen and one of 8 others your age selected as a representative from one of the four Middle kingdoms ( one boy and one girl each). You're currently on the boat Blackthorn and you've embarked to Sol, the island of Dragons, where you'll become an attendant of Rowan Academy. Learn the ways of a Rider, Discover the Runes of Brendor, and make the choice that will save the 4 kingdoms or plunge everything into darkness...

CHOOSE A KINGDOM
note: all of these country's started as small Kingdoms that built powerful armies strong enough to take over their regions. Back during the War of Roses the four great powers fought constantly for land until the first four riders (representatives of each land) merged with the powerful Sky Lord Dragons and forced the 4 Kingdoms to come to a peaceful solution. Since then in respect to the contract of peace between the four kingdoms each kingdom sends a thirteen year old male and female child every year to be trained in the ways of a Rider and protect the peace of the 4 kingdoms.

AYMIR- You come from the city of Ayimeth(the silver city). Ayimeth was once frequently attacked by raiding villages that preyed on it's many riches. That's when the Great Emperor of Ayimeth order his people to build a wall surrounding the village. Aside from it's Great wall, Ayimeth is known for being the Silver City because all of its buildings and streets are made of Silver.

MANTIUS- You come from the city of Tari. The city is named after it's people the Tari who once started off as a band of pirates. The Tari come from a long line of sea fairing warriors that migrated from the land of Aronim. They've become the super power of the sea and are the leading experts in map making and ship building. They also invented the compass. In fact, the Sky Lord Dragon rider who represents Mantius was a Tari. He built the boat Blackthorn and to this day no ship builder has ever designed a better vessel. It's said that the spirit of the ship builder's Sky Lord lives with the ship.

WOLESTLAND- You come from the kingdom of Thontinburg. This kingdom is built in the mountains where the people live. You come from a race of miners who've dug into the earth and know nearly all of it's secrets. The people of Thontinburg do not except Ayimeeth as the city of riches. In fact if they take it as a serious insult. And therefore have an uneasy alliance with the Aymeth's. What hurt's more is that Aymir's Rider Aagon was the leader of the original 4. Thontinburg is most noticeable for it's Great double doors (one side made of silver and the other side made of Gold). The Wolestland is sometimes called the land of Gold.

ARONIM- You come from the city of Hamunaptra. Hamunaptra is a kingdom of desert farmers that bounty off the Aressence river that runs through it and it's port city Mereno. This kingdom is known for being the only one of the 4 kingdoms that worships the Dragons. It's said that Mereno the original Sky Lord Rider of this country was actually the son of the Dragons born as a human. His sister Hamunaptra was the Dragon he rode. In the religion, human's are second to the Great Dragons. Therefore, Hamunaptra is their capital and Mereno is a city second to the capital. A rider must be born of Hamunaptra and must travel through Mereno to become a rider.

ROWAN ACADEMY

Spoiler! :

Headmaster: Angrod/Meneldor (Black). For 7 years Angrod has been the headmaster and representative of Rowan Academy. It's said that his father was Aagon of Aymir one of the original four, the only one who did not return to his home land.

STAFF

Spoiler! :
Magi Warrior

Staff Head: Armas/ Rush light (Gold)
Staff head: Peony/ Silvertree (silver)

Instructor of Alchemy: Mosco/ Fierce Spear (Grey)
Instructor of Hand to hand combat: Eric/Butterbee(Brown)

Instructor of Spiritus: Lily (Lillian)/ Red River (Red)
Instructor of weapon studies: Bofur/Whitebeam(white)

Instructor of Casting: Sage/ Dawbriger (Teal)
Instructor of Merging: Lily (Lillian)/Red River (Red)

Instructor of Battle magic: Armas/ Rushlight (Gold)
Instructor of Combat Flying:Peony/ Silvertree(silver)

CLASSES

General studies: First years will learn the basics of dragon history and how to care for their dragons.

Spoiler! :
MAGI-SIDE

ALCHEMY- The teaching of brewing potions. In this class you will learn to brew potions that can be used as medicine, lethal poison, or to give the drinker any effect from strength enhancement to flame immunity.

SPIRITUS-The teaching of dragons. You will learn to channel the spirits of the dragons.

CASTING-The teaching of elemental-ism. You will learn to control the forces of nature: earth, wind, fire, and water.

BATTLE MAGIC-The teaching of combat magic. You will learn to use magic in battle situations.

WARRIOR-SIDE

HAND TO HAND COMBAT: self explanatory

WEAPON STUDIES: the teaching of weapons. YOu will learn to operate a range of weapons from a bow and arrow to a battle axe.

COMBAT FLYING: The teachings of flying. You will learn to fly your dragon in battle situations.

MERGING: The teachings of dragon spirit. You will be taught the common knowledge of dragon spirit and learn to sync with your dragon.

Character sheet:

Name: (Character's name/ Dragon's name) *also in parenthesis () put the color of your dragon.

Age:(13-19) your a first year so your thirteen but if you want to make a second character along with your first year pm me for permission.

Gender: (male or female) their can only be one male or female from each kingdom.

Appearence:

Kingdom:(Aymir, Wolestand, Mantius, Aronim)

Personality:

Class set: (magi or Warrior)

Skills: (stuff your good at)

Weaknesses: (stuff you suck at)

Up for love?:

Other:

CHARACTER SLOTS

Mantius- female-Blake Kiano/ Rubia (red) (Ninjacookiemonster)
female-Tiaan/ Knox (Purple) (Last Paladin)

Aronim- female-Jocasta Redwolf / Shiva (Bronze) (ScarlettFire[/i])
male-Manatar/Alullula(black) ([i]Pundit)

Aymir- female-Kassie/Tarrion (Black) (ForsakinShadow)
male-Allon/ Fell-Fire (Red) (Ray112)

Wolestland-female- *edited* Maeve/Aithne (Teal blue tail) (untameabletiger)
male -Emmett/Ajax (Blue) (Fox)
Last edited by Ray112 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Insert life changing statement"

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:20 am
untameabletiger says...

save me the female spot for the Wholestland kingdom.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Untameable--Oh, hey Hope, you're joining too!

This sounds like the Tenth Kingdom, Eragon, and Harry Potter put together, but I'm in! I like it! Save a spot for a girl Aymir. Are we allowed to have two characters, because if so, I'd like to try a guy Aronim(**I don't usually do guys, but I'm trying!**)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:05 am
Ray112 says...

Sure, but you can only have one freshmen spot.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:12 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK! Thank you! I shall post in the morning...it's 1:11 AM here...OK, I shall post when the sun comes up!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:14 am
Ray112 says...

lol okay cool.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I think... I think I'll join.

Name: Blake Kiano/ Rubia (red)

Appearance:Blonde hair, black eyes, slim and tall.

Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Mantius

Personality: Tough, sharp, impatient. Blake is harsh and resilient, and knows her limits.

Class set: Magi- she already knows all she needs to know about fighting.

Skills: fighting, good with blades, flying on Rubia, sailing (it's in her blood), strong and fast.

Weaknesses: weak spot on her left hip, a touch arrogant, harsh, gets dizzy randomly, doesn't eat enough.

Up for love?: Yep.

Other: Has never gotten sick. EVER.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I think I'll join. I'll take the girl from Aronim?

Oh. Does it matter what colour your dragon is?

Edit: Profile.

Name: Jocasta Redwolf / Shiva (Bronze)

Appearance: Jocasta is tall for a 13-year-old and has red hair and grey-green eyes. She is always seen limping and has a scar that runs down the back of her right thigh.
Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Aronim.

Personality: Jocasta isn't shy, but she's not confident which often leads you to wonder why she's so quiet. Thoughtful, smart and quick thinking, Jocasta seems shy and people often think she's stupid, but she's just biding her time. She's stealthy and, despite her limp, moves around quietly when she wants to. Watch your back, Jocasta might just put a dagger in it. She can't be trusted at all.

Class set: Warrior.

Skills: She's not fast, but she can throw daggers and use a bow (Ranged combat). Flying; she loves to fly. Take her dragon away and she'll be practically useless.

Weaknesses: Magic; she's hopeless at it, unless it's dragon magic. Jocasta has a limp-something heavy was dropped on her right thigh when she was younger. Jocasta is hopeless in close combat; her strengths lies in ranged combat. Her dragon; kill or hurt Shiva and both would suffer. Kill Jocasta and both would die.

Up for love? Sure, why not.

Other: Jocasta's nickname is "Cat". Can only keep a secret if she benefits from it.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

As promised!

Name: Kassie/Tarrion (Black)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Aymir

Personality: She isn't shy, she's very energetic, but she doesn't talk too much. She's friendly, but smarter than she looks, so she is often taken for granted. She's not fond of those people, and she loves to prove people wrong. She's athletic, and she's usually hyper. She's also very competitive but she doesn't like to show off--not to be mistaken for proving people wrong.

Class set: Warrior

Skills: Fighting, playing the violin and piano, singing, and drawing.

Weaknesses: being mysterious, though she can keep secrets

Up for love?: Of course

Other: She always wears this around her ankle (:It's an ankle locket by the way:) :
Spoiler! :

**You said I was allowed to make a guy right, but he couldn't be freshman. I'll post his profile later**
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:11 pm
Pundit says...

Name: Manatar Hetsua/Alullula(silver)

Appearance:Image

Kingdom: Aronim

Personality:somewhat timid and shy, but he is very confident and will take control when in his element

Class set: Magi

Skills: growing plants, memory, alchemy, playing 'Tower', a game much like chess except that the board(of which there is no standard) is different. It has curves, bottlenecks, and other 'geographic' details, allowing for more strategy. You can usually tell where someone comes from by their set of pieces.

Weaknesses: melee

Up for love?:yes

Other:Gay
Last edited by Pundit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 pm
Fox says...

Ooh! I'll take a character. Are there any more open spots available???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:32 pm
LastPaladin says...

Name: Tiaan/ Knox (Purple)

Appearence: Red head with two short pigtails and a cheeky grin on her face, quite tall for her age, often mistaken for being older. Has lovely blue eyes that seem almost surreal, covered in freckles on her, only thing odd about her is a scar on her cheek which still burns to touch.

Kingdom- Mantius

Personality: Quite shy, tends to hang around more with boys, being from family who were once pirates she has eviable knowledge of the sea. Loves swimming and taught in the art of fighting dirty. Cares deeply for all animals and hates to see anyone suffer.

Skills: Swimming, Fighting Dirty, Climbing and Empathy

Weaknesses: Duelling

Up for love?: She's really shy and cares more for animals than people, but if you can stand that she'll open up.

Other: From a Family of Pirate
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm
Fox says...

Name: Emmett/Shackle (Blue)

Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, fairly muscular: http://media.photobucket.com/image/scen ... casper.jpg But without any piercings.

Kingdom: Wolestand

Personality: He's very kind but mysterious. He can be trusted, but is hesitant to trust others. Emmett is very strong and fast, and helpful. He thinks quick and acts fast.

Skills: He's talented in Martial Arts, and is very sneaky. He's good at hand to hand combat.

Weaknesses: He's very clumsy and isn't good at far ranged combat (like bow and arrows or guns)

Up for love?: Of course!

Other: n/a
Last edited by Fox on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am
Ray112 says...

OKay guys we have too many warrior class sets. If anybody would like to switch to Magi that'd be great. It's a really powerful class set so it just be a shame if only one person chose it.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 am
Pundit says...

ScarlettFire wrote:Oh. Does it matter what colour your dragon is?

Since you don't seem to have answered it, I find it necessary to ask again.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White