z

Young Writers Society

All For The Power

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 pm
Dragonet says...

Come on people! Join! Playing a guy character isn't that bad.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 pm
Fox says...

Am I allowed to make 2 characters??? I can make a guy, unless you want someone else to. I don't really care.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Sure, go ahead!
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:37 pm
Fox says...

Name: James Scott

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/guy% ... rstyle.jpg

Personality: He's kind and caring, but has a bad temper. He's a good listener and can always find the good in people. James can be very helpful, and is very organized.

Strengths: He's a good actor and is very nice.

Flaws: He's clumsy and has a bad temper.

History: James has always been rich. For a while, he wanted to be an author, but when he went to see The Phantom of the Opera, he fell in love with plays. He knew from then on that he wanted to be an actor. Since he was rich, he had no trouble getting acting lessons, and soon he was a great actor.

Position: One of Finch's friends.

Theme Song: Hold on. I suck at this, so this might take a while.

Other: up for love
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Can I be a light technician? It's a show after all
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, I was about to say we needed techies anyway.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 pm
View Likes
retrodisco666 says...

Woo! Its going to be fun.

Name: Oliver Crint

Age (16-35): 24

Appearance: Tall and has dark messy hair.

Personality: Shy and not really talkative but he does his job very well.

Strengths: He is really talented and often comes up with the lighting all by himself for shows.

Flaws: He isn't confident enough to try and become an actor like he has always wanted.

History: An average life, nothing spectacular has happened

Position: Light technician and Light director

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): Speechless - Lady Gaga
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Cat

I called a last goodbye to Ren, grabbed my board, and ran down stairs to the street. I dropped my board and jumped on, skating down the sidewalk. After ten minutes or so, I slowed and stopped in front of a theater. I pushed open the glass door and walked into the actual theater, where a few other people were gathered. I recognized one as the director, but I couldn't remember the others. I shoved my board in my bag and trotted down to the orchestra pit, where they were.

I was wearing black straight cut jeans and a black tee for the sake of convenience today, and had my hair pulled into a ponytail. I had a rush of ecstatic energy for a few seconds and it took everything in me not to squeal and flail and scream giddily. I instead cleared my throat, announcing my presence.

Oh, boy. Here comes my big break.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 pm
RedSun says...

Lilly

I looked around at the stage. I was going to be performing on that stage, as the lead roll, and this was really happening. I did a little party dance, then realized people were staring. Just then, Tyler Banks walked in.

"Oh, my god," I said to the person nearest me, "that's Tyler Banks. Actually here, in person, oh my god. He was in Running with Rowland!" I started bouncing up and down, and my breathing came a little faster.

"Amazing," the girl next to me said sarcastically. Maybe she just didn't know who he was. Maybe she didn't watch movies. I couldn't bring myself to care about her response, my mind otherwise occupied.

"I know, he's here, in the play, and is my co-star. I'm in a play with Tyler Banks!" I almost screamed that last sentence. I had never been so excited in my life, except maybe when the limo came to pick me up to drive me here, courtesy of my dad. I even got a free can of soda. And I thought I had a good day, but this just made it the best.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

James

I walked into the theater, looking around, taking everything in. This was really happened. I was living my dream. There were lots of people there, and I didn't recognize a single on of them. Great. I was going to have to get to know some of them, and I wasn't very good at that.

"That's Tyler Banks!" I heard a girl say as a boy walked in. There were lots of other whispers, and people were staring at him. I thought I recognized him, but I didn't really care. I was here, and that was all that mattered to me.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Oliver

I liked it when actors got excited over actors. It was almost ironic in my mind. I was in my own heaven however. I had the top of the range light system. Very in dpeth colours. Filters, everything I could ask for. I decided to try it, I was like a kid seeing how far he could push his persons'.

"Impecible timing Mr Crint. People he is going to be working with your best friend so be nice" The director shouted up. I turned the light off straight away so no-one saw me. To fast, to soon.
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Cat

I looked at the flailing girl beside me. She's supposed to play Lola? I raised an eyebrow.

"Sweet pea, you gotta calm down," I said, gripping her shoulders. "I know who he is. CALM. DOWN." She was practically buzzing. I gave up and let go of her, collecting my script. I scanned through it and highlighted all the lines I had, as Mantha, in bright purple. I began running through them, trying to memorize as many as I could.

I glanced over at the girl- Lilly. She was still flipping out. I grabbed her elbow and pulled her into a seat, taking my own next to her.

"Our characters our best friends, alright?"

"Uh huh."

"So we have to get in character."

"Okay."

"... Which means you have to CALM DOWN."

"Okay." She stopped buzzing a little. I tired not to groan.

This would take some work.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm
Fox says...

Sammy

I walked over to two girls who were sitting down. I knew one of them was playing Lola, and I figured the other was Mantha. I played another one of Lola's friend, so I decided to practice with them.

"Hey guys." I said. The girl that played Mantha smiled. The other girl, the one that played Lola, was staring at some guy. Tyler Banks! He was one of my favorite actors, but I didn't say anything. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself.

"Don't mind her. I'm Cat. This is Lilly." the girl said, noticing that I was staring at Lilly. I nodded and took a seat.

"I play Catherine, one of Lilly's friends." I said.

"Cool. We were just about to start practicing."
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:59 pm
Dragonet says...

Trace~

I stood at the steps of the Wilson's Theater. The majestic building loomed over me and Stitch (my dog). Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm my nerves; I always get a little excited when I start a new show. But after I get familiar with the building and people, I start having fun.

"Heal, Stitch," I commanded my dog with a pat on my leg, directing her to stay at my side until told otherwise, and together we entered the building. A couple of the cast were already lounging around the orchestra pit, and a few had started practicing.

I walked past a group of girls. One of them looked like she was about to fly out of her seat with excitement. I smiled, I must have looked the same way at my first Broadway show. This was my third.

"Excuse me young man, but what is the meaning of bringing this creature into the Theater," I turned to see woman looking sternly at me, and then at Stitch. I sighed and made a motion with my hand for Stitch to sit. I went through this problem in almost every theater I entered, I won ninety percent of the time, and I wasn't an easy loser.

"Mam," I said, hoping that manners soften her. "Stitch is a most well trained dog. In fact she is so obedient that she has even preformed in a few musicals herself. So you see she belongs on the stage and with me. Please, she pleads with you." With a quick motion of my hand, Stitch rose on her two hind legs in a begging position that would soften anyones heart. Except miss crabby.

"I see that mister..." She squinted through her glasses at my name tag, "...Trace, but your dog must go."

My jaw muscles tightened and I glared at her. I was about to snap at her when someone behind me said, "Please, let the dog stay, she isn't doing any harm." Shocked and grateful, I turned to look to see who my defender was.

>>Open for anyone<<
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Cat

The boy turned around. I wanted to smirk so bad, it wasn't even funny. "Got a soft spot for dogs," I said before shrugging and returning to my seat. The dog licked my hand. I smiled at her and pulled out my script again.

Me and Sammy had given up on practicing with LIlly, and decided to let her get her nerves under control. I was reading the script again and came across another character. I looked up at the guy.

"Hey! You! Trace! Who do you play?"

"Kevin, Finch's brother,"

"Just checking!"

I groaned. I barely knew this guy, and I was to play the love interest. Splendrificous.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues