z

Young Writers Society

All For The Power

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Plot: All For The Power is one of the biggest musicals on Broadway. No small parts, modern setting, great costumes, beautiful music. The perfect musical.

And you've been cast.

Be it as chorus or as Finch or Lola, you're in. And now it's time to get to work.

Information about All For The Power

The basic plot is a rich man's daughter (Lola) falling for an heir (Finch).

The hit number is "Money".

Character Slots:

Cast: Cat Sykes- Mantha (me)
Maddy Lewis - Lucille(Sunny)
Lily Moraz -Lola(RedSun)
Sammy- Chrissa (Fox)
Kevin Michaels -Finch (Chupa)
Tyler Banks- Markus (Kaywiia)
Trace-Kevin (Dragonet)

Crew:
Oliver Crint- light techie (Retro)

Rules

Keep the gender ratio even.

I want new characters. That means if you've used the profile before, don't use it here. I really hate repeat characters.

Romance is cool, but don't push it. You know what I mean, now don't you?

No god-modding.

Usual YWS rules.

Character Template

Name:

Age (16-35):

Appearance:

Personality:

Strengths:

Flaws:

History:

Position:

Theme Song (a song that describes your char):

Other:

Have fun, and see you in the theater!
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 pm
View Likes

Name: Cat Sykes

Age (16-35): 17

Appearance: Flame red hair, hazel eyes. Tall, thin, and fair skinned.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Spunky, quick, light hearted. She doesn't ever miss a beat, and is the girl that makes everyone happy, just by looking at her. She's always smiling (unless the script calls for otherwise) and is a very sweet, outgoing girl.

Strengths: Lovable, good actress, singing, memorization, skateboarding, dance.

Flaws: isn't very serious a lot, hides any pain, falls down easily, gets light headed, doesn't eat enough, though she doesn't have an eating disorder, can be a show off.

History: Grew up in the city with her older sister, who raised her. She doesn't know where her parents are, since they walked out on the family. Her name is Catarina, but she was nicknamed Cat because she has a feline body and often slinks around like a cat. Her sister is a designer, and made most of Cat's clothes. She started skating when she was ten, acting a year later, and dancing that same year. She doesn't think much about her parents, because it makes her sad and angry; she hates being upset. She was discovered by an agent in her school's production of Into the Woods. He got her to the auditions, and now, voila!

Position: Lola's friend, Mantha.

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): Drive, Incubus.

Other: This is her board.

Spoiler! :

She loves dance, is especially good at contemporary. Dance, boarding, and theater are pretty much her life.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:10 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name: Madeline "Maddy" Lewis

Age (16-35): 29

Appearance: She has frizzy brown hair and laughing blue eyes.

Personality: She's funny, likable, a good actress. She tries to hide her emotions under her hilarious fun loving side but she can also be quiet. She's dependable but can get herself into situations where she messes up.

Strengths: Acting, Singing, Comedy

Flaws: Anything To Do With Writing, Clumsy, Too Emotional

History: She's had lots of jobs including as a singer, actress, and comedian. She's lived her whole life quite popular and just likes to drift on.

Position: She plays the slightly crazy nanny.

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): Hm still working on that.

Other:
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm
RedSun says...

Name: Lilly Moraz

Age (16-35):

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
http://media.photobucket.com/image/beautiful%20curly%20hair/mazmail1977/Hairstyle22a.jpg

Personality: She's still in ohmigosh-I-can't-believe-this-is-happening mode. She never thought she would get to be on brodway, and now she's a star. She still treats other famous people like she's their biggest fan. She loves when people ask for her autograph, and can't believe they want her signature. She spazzes out whenever she sees herself on TV or in the news. She's a sweet girl, though, and has a lot of energy.

Strengths: she's a great actress, positive, has lots of energy

Flaws: doesn't get that she's famous, a bit of a spaz, has a hard time calming down

History: She was born on a farm in Kansas, but her father wanted someting more for her. Her mother didn't aprove, but her father knew she could be great. He saved up all his money, and sent her to a small-town school for the dramatic arts. She graduated with high honors, then went to audition for Brodway. She was shocked when she made the part, and can't believe her luck.

Position: Lola

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): "So Far So Great"

Other: She is a great singer, but won't admit it.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:24 am
Fox says...

Name: Sammy

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
But her hair is a little less messy.

Personality: She's very bright and bubbly. She's cheerful most of the time, and always seems to find good in people and situations. She looks at things differently than most people, and is very helpful. She can get very quiet at times, though, and likes to handle things on her own.

Strengths: She's a good actress and good at compromising.

Flaws: She's clumsy and ill-tempered.

History: All her life she's wanted to be an actress. She worked hard in school and theater so that her parents would allow her to follow her dream. Her parents ruled her life for her, and they wanted her to be a doctor. They finally let her continue in her acting when she was offered a job.

Position: Lily's friend (if that's okay)

Theme Song" Ikes! One sec...I'm not very good at this.

Other: up for love, but doubtful that she'll ever find it.
Last edited by Fox on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 am

Keep in mind that we DO need guys, people!
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Tyler Banks

Age (16-35): 19

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's dramatic, a bit conceited, and delighted to find himself a star. He always has to be the best at everything, and wants the best for himself. He can be a bit of a diva, and tends to over react to bad situations.

Strengths: A talented actor, has a lot of drive, physically very strong

Flaws: Conceited, dramatic, a diva, over reacts

History: He was sent to acting school from day one. His parents are millionaires, and because of it he lives it up when he's not onstage. He got a big part in the movie Running with Rowland, but wanted to preform live. He went to audition for Broadway, and made it right off, which just fueled his already huge ego.

Position: Finch's best friend, Markus

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): A Different Side of Me by Allstar Weekend

Other:
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:29 pm
Fox says...

If it would help, I could also be Finch.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Someone's got that, don't worry.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 pm
Fox says...

KK, just thought I'd ask.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Kevin Michaels

Age (16-35): 20

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kevin's very serious with his acting career. He never really liked it as a teenager, but when her hit the big two-oh it became his life. He's sometimes overly serious, but it all comes natural as the eldest in the group of cast members. He doesn't really mind, it just gives him opportunties to show some of the younger ones what they're doing wrong. He's a huge womanizer, and most women fall at his feet. He loves a girl who plays hard to get though, for he likes a good chase.

Strengths: Triple-threat; someone who can sing, dance, and act all in one. That is the basis of Kevin. He's exactly that. He's very sociable, and very, very intellectual with the world of the Arts.

Flaws: Most people find the fact that Kevin has two ribs in his shoulder a limitation, a flaw if you will. He has a disease called Springler's deformity, meaning, when he was ineutero, some of his bones never positioned properly. Because of that, Kevin has two ribs above his shoulder blade, as well as scholiosis.

History: Kevin grew up in the ghetto. He learned how to dance (crump, hip hop, breakdance, etc) from the neighborhood. His mother was an aspiring artist, and finally got her big break, leaving her son, daughter and husband behind. Five days later, she died from drug-overdose. Kevin grew up with the name Curly, and really doesn't mind the name. It reminds him of the friends back home. He loves acting, and loves his little sister, Karlie Michaels, who visits him a lot on the set ever since Kevin bought her and his father a house close to the set. When he was seventeen, he met a wonderful girl named Amanda. She was his first everything, and one his nineteenth, she broke his heart, and he has yet to get over her.

Position: Finch

Theme Song (a song that describes your char): That Girl by David Choi

Other: Up for love, if you can get him to get into another relationship
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:28 am
Dragonet says...

Aw man, I wanted to be finch :( . Oh well I'll just be someone else.

Name: Trace Young

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Trace has worked very hard all of his life to get to play a part in Broadway. Now that he's in, he's proud and knows that he deserves it. He hates doing a bad job and he's always trying to improve. He's not very judgmental and he tries to make friends with everyone.

History: Trace's family is big about sports. For generations everyone in his family was the star player in at least one sport...everyone except Trace. Trace failed in every activity that comes with a ball, so he was kinda treated like an outcast by his family. And everyone ignores him except his Great Uncle, David. David is a retired Broadway star and he encouraged Trace to join theatrical activities and taught him.

Strengths: Dancing (Jazz, Hip hop, things like that). Trace's passion is dancing (which his family teased him about) and being as agile as he is, the kid definitely has the body for it.
Acting (of course).
Guitar.

Weaknesses: Singing. It's not so bad that he sounds like a dying cow, but he definitely struggles with it.
Pride, although he won't admit it to himself. He loves attention and he sometimes thinks that he can do better than the next person (which often gets him in trouble with those with authority over him.) He's tried to be modest but it just comes out wrong; and sometimes he accidentally says something that's arrogant and hurts someones feelings, but he really doesn't try to.

Position: Finch's younger brother, Kevin.

Theme song: I think this will work... I don't know, I'm not very good at these types of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R3bSxe1 ... re=related

Other: This is his third time on Broadway.
He has a dog that he brings with him every where. She's an Australian Shepard named Stich. She is extremely well trained, she's even been in some plays.
Up for love, I guess.

Question, is this a real play or did you make it up?
Last edited by Dragonet on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 am

I made it up. :P

One more guy and we can start!
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 am
Dragonet says...

Ok, so if you made it up, then what is the plan? There's got to be more than just Flinch and Lola's romance. Is there going to be some kind of script int he DT? Or do we just make it up as we go along?
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:09 am

I was thinking we'd wing it, since we're not focusing as much on the play itself than how the characters go through it.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides