"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:46 pm
Dragonet says...

>Ester, who's Jacob? and don't we have to save Mitch from the scientist first?<

Corbin~

"Got you!" I smiled.

"You are such a jerk!" She pushed me trying to look mad, but I knew her to well. "Do not ever do that again." My smile widened. "What?" she asked.

"You're so cute when your frustrated." I teased.

She crossed her arms. "Well I'm about to get adorable." And with that she stomped a few feet away and threw her chin in the air. I scrambled up and walked over to her.

"Ester? Oh come on. I meant in a good way." I walked around to the front of her, but she looked down and refused to look at me. "Ester, I was just messin' with you," I grabbed her chin and tilted it up. The eyes that peaked through her blond hair sparkled and a smile spread across her face. "Gotcha," she said mischievously.

Suddenly she gave me a quick kiss and ran off. I rolled my eyes and chased after her. That's the thing with "us", you can never tell if we're serious or not. But I liked it that way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A.J. ~

I lounged lazily on the couch, so bored that I thought my eye balls would pop out. It didn't help that I was practically counting down the minutes until school started. I was so excited that I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

Suddenly, I heard a commotion outside and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what it was. "Lovers alert," I mumbled. It was something that we said to warn everyone to find shelter, and fast. It was really just an inside joke, but it had saved us quiet a few injuries.

No sooner had I given the warning, then Ester and Corbin had burst through the door, almost hitting Michael in the face. He jumped out of the way and grumble, "Would you two get a life."

Corbin plopped down on the couch, "You're just jealous."

Right then we heard the back door open and Kaylee's voice called out, "We're home." We all jumped up like little children to see what we got. Give us a break, kay? We've had a rough life, we never got much new stuff.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It had been so peaceful the past few months, I didn't know what to do. I was used to the running, the fighting, the packs of rabid dogs chasing us. I was used to knowing that, any minute, we could lose our lives to those cruel scientists. It was normal f us to hide whenever we saw a human look our way. Most of all, though, I was used to being able to fly away any chance I got. If I was worried, I'd go to the sky to sooth me.

Now, I couldn't do that. I was jumpy half the time, and they sometimes had to tell me to relax before I jumped out of my skin. But I had to say, having Ashton here really made me feel better. He tied me to the Earth, and when I wanted to get away, I would go walk with him instead of flying.

It wasn't that I'd end up in the one place I never thought I'd be. Among those who wish to kill me. I know I may be putting it all dramatically, but I am now living among those who had tried to kill my family in the first place. Well, at least this meant I could make new friends. The thought made me smile, though I knew nobody would want to be friends with a winged freak. It didn't bother me that I was abnormal, it bothered me that I wouldn't have other friends. I shrugged it off, and went to help the others get the stuff in, holding Ash's hand.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:56 am
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I looked at myself in the mirror again studying myself. Even though I was naturally stronger than a normal human I still worked out. In the weeks we had been at Ashton's house I found myself needing a rush. The only way I could get it besides drugs was pushing myself to the limit. I had begged Blake to train with me and make me stay focused. She isn't a very good teacher, and I still can't beat her or Blaze (the best fighters in our group). Blake has been teaching new moves I would never have thought of.

I stepped outside the bathroom looking perfect my hair messed up in the right way, my muscle shirt showing all my muscles. Tomorrow we would all start school and I was more scared and nervous then I have ever been. Just then Corbin and Ester the two love birds ran through the door faces flushed with exercise and the nipping breeze. The almost smashed into me, But dodged at the last moment. "Would you two get a life." I snarled more harshly than I sent to. The plopped down on the couch together, "You're just jealous." I wanted to yell at him and laugh at the same time. I was just so worked up about school that I seemed to snap at everyone lately. "We're home." It was Kaylee back with our school stuff. Sometimes she reminds me so much of a mother it isn't even funny. Everyone jumped up, well everyone that was sitting, to see what stuff she got us for school. I hoped that she didn't get me anything stupid that I would have to act happy about.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:18 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Anika

I was jumping up and down. I had picked out some of the stuff for my friends and I was pretty sure they would like it. They would, right?

I watched as Kaylee pulled out the supplies and caught their reactions.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 am
ultraviolet says...

>I would just like to say here and now, that I have watched all of no Simpsons episodes. I wasn't allowed to when I was younger, and never really had any desire as I got older. Oh well<

Blake

After watching a dozen "Simpson" reruns, I decided that I could only sit in front of a TV so long before half of my brain cells died, so I got up to do something productive. Walking into the living room, I saw Ester and Corbin nearly smash into Michel. Against his light-hearted nature, he snapped grumpily. Weird, I thought that was my job.

I walked up to Michel and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey cranky." He shot me a glare. "Touchy." He didn't lighten up, and Blake sighed. "Come on; let's go on a walk."

Reluctantly he followed me out the door and into the park. For a while we walked in silence, only our hands connecting us. It was odd. Usually Michel chatted whenever we had walks. It was almost eerie without it. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped, then looked up at him.

"Okay, what's up?"
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:40 am
Apple says...

<Sorry, I was trying to think of a show and that was the only thing that popped up in my head. :lol: Also, Jacob, was supposed to be Ashton. My friend was going on about Taylor Launter and Jacob - so yeah, sorry! I forgot to post for Bianca so I thought I would do that now. >

Bianca Manolo:

The door behind me creaked open. "Miss. Manolo?" a small, insignificant voice called. I rolled my eyes, my hands tightening around the picture frame I was holding. Servants! Couldn't live with them or without them. And Sky, why; she was the dumbest servant known to man! What part of no entry did she not get.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my way, Sky!" I said through gritted teeth.

"I know Miss. Manolo, though, that boy is at the door again. He wants to know if you're free for tonight?"

"Brandon, again? Doesn't he get the point, I can't be seen with that prick. Tell him that I'm busy and I can't see him; I don't know, make up something." I fluttered my hand at her, motioning for the young girl to leave. Sky dipped her head in acknowledgement but didn't seem to be moving.

"He really likes you, miss." She said in a dreamy way that seemed to frustrate me.

"Yes and as does all the other boys, now scoot would you before I call Daddy to fire you!"

That got her going. The door shut and her brisk footsteps echoed down the foyer. I glanced at the picture frame. My heart thumped in my chest, a slow sigh leaving my lungs.

"Daddy," I whispered the words and looked outside. It was a picture of me when I was younger. Daddy had his hands around my neck and was hugging me. I ran my finger across the frame to land on my father's handsome face. He never had time for me anymore, not since his experiment.

Rolling over, I glanced up at the roof. It was school tomorrow and I needed something to wear. Something hot. Something that'll get every-ones attention! I giggled; sitting up.

"I don't need to anyway, I'm already gorgeous!"

<And I can't forget Ester, now can I. :wink:>

Ester Alice:

New stuff! I dived from the couch and landed in front of the bags of shopping. Notepads filled one bag, pencil cases and other stationery's another. Placing my hands into random bags, I began to dig around for anything bright and colourful. Pulling out a binder that had colours bursting from a bucket, I pressed it to my chest.

"I knew you'd like it!" Kaylee winked as she placed the last of the bags in front of us. Soon everyone was flocking around the bags trying to get the good stuff (where ever Micheal and Blake had gone, they were definitely missing out on the good stuff). You may have well as labeled us a pack of dingoes trying to get the best area of meat. Ashton seemed to be all looking at us as if we were.

"Ah, guys!" Ashton rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I think there is enough to go around."

To make us look even worse, I think I heard someone growl. That or it was my stomach! Corbin nudged me with his shoulder, flinging what looked like another bag at me. COLOURED PENCILS! Grabbing at as many packs as I could, I began to giggle childishly.

Ashton's mother came out from behind the kitchen wall. I never really heard much from Ashton's mother, but every know and then she'd stop to talk to most of us. I don't think she liked the idea of having so many "runaways" or so we lied in her house, but she made no mention of it.

"It's getting late, children. How about you go for showers and get ready for tea; it's going to be a long day for you all, tomorrow."
I spy!

25 Reviews

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

Me and Ester got out the colored pencils, and immediately I took out one of the note books and started drawing. Look at all of these diferent colors to draw with!

When I was on the island we didn't have anything like this, well, we had paint brushes but I guess it wasn't my thing. When I was little I faintly remember that I loved to just scribble with the crayons. And now that we were back on the mainland, I think I have use every pen or pencil in this house. There was something about pencils (or pens for that matter) that got my attention. Like they were calling me. I just had to get all of them out, experiment with all the colors and then draw something. Normally it was just a doodle, or a cartoon dragon, but some day I would be good enough to draw Ester. And I'll give it to her on her 17th birthday (can you believe that she's three months older then me?).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.J.~

Black. And flames. Good, Kaylee knew my style. Everything that she got me was either solid black or had flames on it. Although no one ever declared it out loud, we all knew that Kaylee was our leader. She always took care of us, and made it our job to learn all of our personalities. She was the best. I knew I should probably tell her that but I wasn't much of a talker, a waste of breath. Instead I gave her a side-hug and muttered, "Thanks."

She squeezed back and then called. "Are you guys ready for the camp out tonight?"

See we had this place, our favorite place, at a place called Villisca's Nature Park (or VNP). It was a park reserved for the wild animals so that people could enjoy them. It was the only real place of nature in this city and I guess the other winged ones thought it felt like their old home. There was even had a cave and everything. All of us liked to hang out there, whether it was to relax, cool off from an argument (yes, even our happy family has those) or to take a someone on a date (me, not included)

Anyways, we were going camping to celebrate for tomorrow. "But what about Blake and Michael?" Anika asked.

Ellie ruffled her hair. "We're not leaving for another hour, don't worry we wont leave without them."
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Yuriiko says...

Caroline:

I plopped down on the faded sofa and gave out a small sigh. A Shakespeare book I was holding but definitely not 'Romeo and Juliet'. I could get myself killed for reading that dramatic and funny book.

"Are you guys ready for the camp out tonight?" Kaylee called out to us.

I wasn't sure if there was any percent of interest that went through my mind as I heard the word 'camp'. I mean, I like the place but I don't think it was a good place for a celebration. Although I enjoyed roughly every small and big creatures in there but... oh well.

I let my hand ran through my brown hair for the second time. Ester and Corbin filled the room with their cute squeal sand short laughter. A good couple they are, I sighed. It was a good thing that we almost treat each other like a family. I was happy being a winged one. And I couldn't let myself imagine being just a regular person with no spices in his or hre life. I've wanted something totally unique from others and I think this was it.

I looked around to see AJ gawking at others with an innocent smile appearing on his face. My head angled down but my eyes were suspiciously peeking at him. I think we've never been so close, in contrast with others, but hopefully, I could get closer to him starting now.

" C'mon guys!" Kaylee shouted and all of us went for our bags.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm
Yuriiko says...

EDIT: Thanks Dragonet! :smt004

Character Profile:

Name: Caroline

Appearance/ What do your wings look like?:

Spoiler! :
08-05-10_1753.jpg
08-05-10_1753.jpg (262.97 KiB) Viewed 66 times

What does your mask look like?:

Spoiler! :
Mask_by_Brookegrl525.jpg
Mask_by_Brookegrl525.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 66 times

Personality: At first, you will see her as an innocent shy girl. She seldom shows her feelings towards people. She talks less but take things seriously. She’s obsessed with anything blue though her pink mask is a mystery. Her favorite pastimes are reading books and practicing up her flying skills. She has the “healing power” though it decreases her life span when she uses it.

She likes to be in a group but prefers to work alone, though she values friendship and teamwork.

Cleanliness is her friend. Grime is her enemy.

Feelings towards people that left you on island?: She kept her unpleasant feelings towards the people who left her.

Dislikes: Impurity, chatty people, greed

Strengths: She goes stronger when in a battle. She heals sick people with incurable diseases. Flying skills.

Flaws: She wants to save people even though it reduces her life span. She’s gentle to all people who like her but desiring for a revenge to those people who left her all alone. She gets to overcome her fear of enemies.

Up for love? Yes.
Last edited by Yuriiko on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Random avatar

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:19 pm
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I liked just walking with Blake, but usually I would have been killing her ears with whatever came to mind. I never was just quiet unless I was upset. I kept thinking about school I knew that there I would be able to make myself seem confident, but now I was freaking out. I hadn't been the most popular person in school before, and I wondered what it would be like now. Hopefully I could join lots of teams to fill up my time, but deep down inside I knew I didn't have the willpower or concentration.
"Okay, what's up?" Blake, jolted me from my thoughts. Huh I came out of my daze realizing it was getting dark. "Why are you so snappy so worked up? I have no idea why you should be." Of course Blake wouldn't thing I would be scared of school. In the malls in the city I was Mr. Confidence. I sighed. "School." It was just one word, but she realized everything she had been missing about me. Well, some of it anyway. I knew Blake was kind of scared too, but she would never show it. I wondered what it would be like. What kind of girl she would be labeled as there. "Oh" Was the only reply. "But, I'm more snappy and crabby because you are the most annoying, selfish, loud, girl I know." It was pretty hard to keep a straight face through her laughter, but I manged.

When we finally made it back home it was dark. We had stopped a while and we did all the things lovers do. It made me feel much less crabby at Corbin. We came in Blake was quiet as a mouse, but my footsteps were loud. Ashton was on the phone. "What?" Blake whispered. "They are back, gtg bye." I straightened up. "Lets go." My heart beat fast as we walked through the house. What was Ashton up too? We grabbed our bags and headed outside to the backyard. It was only then that I realized at two in the morning everyone was still up. "Hey" I called as we walked out of the shadows.

~I have no plan for this just siring up some trouble~
Last edited by Calligraphy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25 Reviews

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:19 pm
Dragonet says...

>No problem, yuriiko. Just go to story books, it's on the fourth page, about halfway down. Actually, I'll just bring it back the first page.<

A.J.~

I looked over at Caroline to see what kind of stuff she got for school. "All blue," I teased her.

She looked behind me and smiled. "All black." You know, she had a point.
Last edited by Dragonet on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm
Junglelover says...

I just wondering where I am?
Am I with all you guys?
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Zuri

I wrinkled my nose as another metal thingamabobber ran down the length of my back, then my arms. "You know, if you wanted to ask how long my back was, there is such a thing as a measuring tape."

"Quiet, 23."

"I know, I know, I didn't believe it at first myself. But see, what they do, is they actually have little marks for measuring on a long piece of pliable paper, and they roll that up in a canister, and-"

"23!"

I smirked slightly. "Sorry, Dr. Johannson." I winced as a needle punctured my skin, pushing in a green-tinged liquid. I didn't want to know what it was.

"What's that do?"

"It's benuicylotryoxine."

"I repeat: what's it do?"

"We don't know."

"And you're putting it into me? Monsters!" I leapt off the table, running back and forth and flapping my arms.

"Twe-twenty three!" Dr. Johannson choked out. Much to his shame, I had managed to make him laugh. I squawked loudly in response.

"Oh, please, just get back on the table," he grumbled, face red, hauling me back on. I was grinning broadly now.

"And stop smiling."

Under my breath, I mumbled, "What, will you twenty-three me into oblivion if I don't?" and kept on smiling.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Random avatar

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm
Calligraphy says...

uhh (to dragonet) I thought we were out camping...
To Jungle.. I think you have to come in..

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley