z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones: Ruscuers-Open-Not accepting new people

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:38 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

I was about to tell Ester that I would love to go flying with her, when suddenly Kaylee took my marshmallows. Nobody touches my marshmallows! I tackled Kaylee, and began to tickle her mercilessly. Soon Michael stepped in, and before I knew it, everyone was joining in on a world war 3.

When I realized that someone had spilled my marshmallows (I will have revenge!) I kind of lost interest in the fight. I stepped back and laughed as I watched everyone else fight. Suddenly someone from behind grabbed my arms and pulled them painfully backward. It was a lock that I knew too well. Bending slightly forward, I tried slip my arms out of the hold but the grip tightened and I grimaced as pain shot up my arm. "You've gotten better." I said, still struggling.

"Thanks," Ester's voice came by my ear. "Do you give?"

At first I thought never! but she had a good grip and I was getting too tired to struggle. So I answered, "Sure," and she loosened her hold.

I turned around to face her, "Are you still up for a fly?"
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

I let out a cackle like laugh as someone else began tickling me. Pushing them off I quickly rolled onto my stomach to prevent further tickling. Standing up quickly I looked over. A.J was just sitting there. Staring at us all. I silently walked over and sat down next to him "Hey." I said with a kind smile. He gave a soft smile and said quietly "So much for not being hyped up on sugar."

I let out a small laugh and said "Yeah, if i'd known that I could start a war with a bag of marhsmellows I would've just eaten them all myself." We sat in silence, as much silence as you could get with fighting going on around you, for a few minutes. I looked up at the moon and said "It's getting late." I stood up and stuck my fingers in my mouth, letting out a loud whistle.

Everyone turned their heads tp look at me. With a crooked smile I said "Time to end what I started. It's time to go to sleep."
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:05 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Did you want me to make a profile for Ashton's mom? Because I'm not sure how much she'll be in the story or not.

~Ellie May~

I watched them wind down and start to drift to sleep, though some of them seemed too hyper to go to sleep. I needed to head off to bed as well, but I didn't feel like sleeping. I still had time to go out there if I wanted to and sleep next to Ashton, but I couldn't bring myself to be the person to ruin their party.

I just sat in bed, wondering, thinking. Why was I suddenly tense? It was me--the jumpy, scared winged one--who had dragged Ashton--the calm, uncaring human--around the mall, even though he didn't like it. So why was I being the way I'd been the first day on the island? Shy and scared. I'd never forget that day. They were all so kind to me, they didn't even know me. I remembered the day I remembered Blake was my sister. It seemed silly now that I couldn't place why she looked so familiar, when she was my own sister. I laughed and got under the blanket, flipping the lamp on the bedside table off. Sleep or no sleep, I'd lay here until it was time to get up in the morning.

I found myself falling to sleep moments later with a dreamless night, thank god.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 am
Apple says...

<Sorry for shortness but I want to get to school already (in the SB, of course)! ^-^ I never would've thought I wanted to go to school so badly. :lol: And Shadow, only if you'd like too.>

Ester Alice:

Both Corbin and I exchanged a look as we were sent to bed; early! Alright so it wasn't that early but I had been dying to fly! Rolling to the floor I began to tunnel through my sleeping bag until I was cocooned in warmth. School was tomorrow and I surely wasn't ready for it! Nerves and me never went well and entering a new environment sent them off like cicadas.

~~~

I could feel water dripping onto my face. Looking up I spotted Blake and Michael blinking down at me, Michael held a water bottle. What looked like ice floated around the top. Squealing loudly, I began to kick at the sleeping bag tied around my legs.

"C'mon!" Kaylee yelled.

"Bus is going to be here soon," Blaise tuned in after her. Rolling away from Blake and Michael, I bumped into Corbin sending him twisting and turning.

"Ester, please; it's to early!" Corbin mummbled. I motioned with my head towards Corbin. Blake began to shake her head but when I stared at her with an Oh-fine-so-pick-on-Ester-but-leave-Corbin-out-of-this she stopped and beemed innocently at me. Michael crept around towards Corbin, his feet padding across the ground.

The sound of Ashton and Ellie opening a window and exchanging pleasentires sent Corbin out of his sleep. Seeing Michael leering over him, he jumped out of the way, his sleeping bag getting all the water.

"Ester's fault!" Michael pointed at me childishly, Blake doubling over in laughter. I opened my mouth to squeal a 'no' though stopped when Corbin turned and stared at me, bed raggled.

"Run?"

"Sprint!" Corbin said through gritted teeth. I jumped to my feet almost bowling Anika over as she stepped out from her make shift tent. Yelling sorry over my shoulder I squealed as loudly as I could, running for my dear life.

Rule Number One in Ester's Book of Nots: Never wake Corbin. Ever!
I spy!

25 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:06 am
View Likes
Dragonet says...

Sure shadow, but I noticed that you had her helping the winged ones because she likes fantasy stuff, but in Ashton's profile didn't you say that his brother was a winged one? So doesn't that make her son a winged one?
ps. Ester your last post was so accurate. No one that knows me gets in between me in my sleep, or so help me I will get violent. lol.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:56 am
Calligraphy says...

<Shadow- I don't care.>

Micheal Webb

I laughed as they went running and headed for the shower. I was soon standing in front of the mirror enjoying the feel of clean teeth. Not that it wasn't our biggest priority on the island, but sometimes when wolves attacked us or when one of the flock got captured or whatever we forgot to brush our teeth. Kaylee knocked on the door "Come on, you have to eat breakfast!" I through on my black muscle shirt and then grabbed a leather jacket as an afterthought. I ran past Kaylee who was now on the stairs. "Micheal!"
"What?"
"Where is all your school stuff?" I raced back past her and stuffed all my papers into my new black back-pack. Then I ran downstairs as fast as I could. Everyone else was ready and almost done eating. Getting marsh-mellow out of my hair probably didn't help me out. I scarfed down bowls of cereal then sat back.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:03 pm
Yuriiko says...

Guys, I'm not going to be here for two days due to my class overnight retreat. So please keep me in especially the camp night. Thanks in advance! :D
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:57 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Michel raced downstairs, slinging a backpack over his shoulder, and came and put an arm around my shoulder. Looking at him, I noticed he was wearing all black. Even his backpack was black. He was starting to look like me. Ironically enough, today I wore one of the tank tops he picked out for me. The backpack Kaylee picked out for me was purple. No sparkles, no design, just purple. And a very dark purple at that. She knew me so well.

I grabbed a poptart as we headed out the door. We were on our way to our first day of school. I hadn't been to school since I got my wings in first grade. I gulped.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:02 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Okay Yuriiko, we'll be sure to keep you in. Shadow, it's up to you on whether or not you want to make Ashton's mom a profile. She's not in this that much but if you make her a profile we could include her.

Kaylee:

As they scarfed down food I ran to get some clothes on. I threw on a pair of dark skinny jeans, cowboy boots, a neon pink tanktop, and a purple hoodie zipped half way. Running out I scooped up Anika and grabbed her some clothes. Handing her to Ashton's mom I said "Can you please take her to daycare for me." Grabbing my backpack I we all ran outside.

We all ran to the stop and once we got there I took a look at everyone. Some of them were nervous, some excited, and some were both. The bus screeched to a stop and when the door opened I was the first on on. After climbing the stairs I flipped my hair and began looking for a seat. With everyone behind me talking to each other and smiling, some holding each others hands, I wasn't surprised when we got weird looks. We were all new here, and we all knew each other and acted like we've known each other for years.

After making sure everyone else had a seat I sat down. Finally, we're on our way.

Spoiler! :
Her backpackImage
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Dragonet says...

>Corbin's first encounter with Bianca. *Evil laughter* Sorry, inside joke.<

Corbin~

We all stood there, infront of the school, and stared up at the brick building. A group of teens that had never experienced highschool. A group of winged people that were trying to fit in with the world that threw them out.

A school buss pulled in behind us and a bunch of kids unloaded and walked inside. We took that as our que, and followed them into the building. The building was huge. Ashton had told us that it was a small school, but to me it looked enormas. It would take me a couple weeks to remember where all of my classes are.

As we walked through the halls Ashton led us, giving us a minnie tour before our classes started. My arm was around Ester and we walked shoulder to shoulder as we talked excitedly about our new school. Thankfully, we had some of our classes together. Our first class was art and we were discussing it.

Just then something slammed beside me and I looked down to see that a girl had dropped one of her books at my feet. "Oh! I'm sorry." She exclaimed, I smiled and retrieved the book for her. She took the book from my hand and smiled, "Thanks, I'm Bianca. You look new, can I help you find your class?" Was she flirting with me or just being nice? Couldn't she see that I was already with some one? I looked her over. I admit that she was pretty: blond hair, brown eyes, skinny tan legs. woa, stop. I shook my head to clear it, besides Ester was ten, no, one hundred times prettier in every area. "No, I'm good. Thanks anyway." She shrugged and walked away. I wondered if I hurt her feelings.

When I looked back at Ester I saw that she was frowning at Bianca. I looked back and forth between the two girls and almost felt the electricity. Ester's glare was cold and I wondered what had pushed her button. She usually doesn't judge people like this. I was about to ask when the bell rang and her face lit back up with excitement. "Lets go to class," She grabbed my arm and we headed to our class.
Last edited by Dragonet on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

84 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

When the bell rang I grabbed Blaise and gave him a quick kiss "See you later." With that I looked at my scedule and went to find-what he heck is Culinary Arts? I tapped a girl's (bianca) shoulder and said "Hey, do you know where the Culinary Arts room is?" She gave me a friendly, and if you ask me it looked a little fake, smile and said "I have that class! Come with me."
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

The reason for Cassie saying that was because she doesn't like to talk about it. Don't worry, I has a plan...-ish! No one but Ashton and her knows about his brother/her son. I'll post he profile as soon as I can.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:52 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

As promised, hope it's OK. If there's something wrong just tell me!

Name: Cassie Wale

Appearance: She's tall, and she's always wearing a colorful dress with heels.
Spoiler! :
Image This is her normal outfit:Imagewith shoes like this: Image

Personality: She's kind and caring, and she loves her son, Ashton. She isn't usually around the kids much, because she doesn't know how to take care of them. She's very sweet and loving though, rich from the guys she dates, but lovable. She and Ashton are close. She's very fun to be around, and she's creative. She knows how to pick guys when it comes to dating. She has the craziest style, but most people love it. Her favourite color is red (She always wears something red)

History: She got pregnant with Ashton when she was 15, and she had to drop out of high school to take care of him. Her boyfriend, Ashton's father, moved away after he found out about him, leaving Ashton to wonder who his father was. Cassie started dating once Ashton turned of age to take care of himself because she didn't have the money for daycare or a babysitter. When she was 17, she had another son (a winged one that she never got to name, he's two years younger than Ashton, who is turning 16 soon). She dated rich guys for their money, and once she got enough to pay for what she needed she left them. Now, she has a job at a magazine company, and she hates her job, but needed the money. Her boss doesn't even know she has a son, or she wouldn't have hired her, so Ashton has to hide if her boss is coming over for dinner.

Likes: Cooking, reading, her son ad his new friends--aka the winged ones--baking, watching TV, music, and some of the guys she dates (but it's not much) Sh loves to paint as well, though do that often either. She loves coffee.

Dislikes: Some of the guys she dates, people who are boring, her job and boss. She hates it when she starts to doodle, but she can't help that. She hates playing sports and he hates stopping to have breakfast in the morning, so she normally just grabs coffee (her favourite breakfast)

Strengths: She can cook but she doesn't do that very often. She is a shopaholic and she knows the mall inside and out. When it comes to style she's got it, but she's also got the best advise. She can paint good too and draw good.

Flaws: She tries to please everyone, though she knows she can't, and she isn't good with kids but she tries. She knows she isn't the best mother, but she's accepted that.

Up for love?: She's 30, but go ahead.
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:31 pm
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I besides Blake was the last one on the bus. I noticed that Blake wasn't wearing black. She must be trying to fit in. I wasn't my regular purple either though. It had been bothering me for weeks. I had never seen any other guy obsessed with that color, so I would play it cool. I headed for the back of the bus my hand in Blake's. It was awkward because of the aisle, but I could give her a tight squeeze. Kaylee was the last to sit down. Behind Blake. I pulled out my headphones and put some AC DC on. It calmed me down a bit.

When we finally got to the school I had successfully put on my confident face. Blake on the other hand seemed pale and jumped when a kid shoved past us. As we stepped off I noticed that Blake was staring at the school. "It'll be fine." She nodded. I practically had to pull her into the building. I hadn't been to this place since I was 10. When I got my wings. I realized that Blake probably hadn't seen it for longer.

I had made sure that our first class was together. So her and me headed of together. I stared at everyone taking it all in.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:23 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Ninth grade was definitely different from first. In first grade we started off by sitting on a rug while the teacher told us what we were to do. We weren't even allowed desks. Instead we sat four to a table. After my wings came in and I couldn't go to school my mom homeschooled me and Ellie, so I wasn't stupid, but still, this was totally new to me.

Walking into the classroom, i was totally confused. Were there assigned seats, or did you just sit wherever? A few kids plunked down in random spots, so I took that to mean whatever. I took a seat three rows back, in the middle, where I would hopefully not draw attention.

A brown haired boy walked up to me and said, "That's my desk."

"It's the first day of school," I said flatly, calling his bluff.

Just then a bell rang, and more students filed into the classroom. Grumbling, the boy searched for another seat.

This was going to be a long day.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson